Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:48 AM #26
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusMel View Post
It is ONE way of looking at it. Perhaps she is frustrated that she is not understood by other people. A person with many ideas coming into their head may find it difficult to choose one, focus on it and communicate it. She may not even know she is perceived as having a Superiority Complex. Simply reflects and has the attitudes of her parents and friends. Going outside of that group she finds that she is not understood. We think we hear words we understand but how sure are we that her meaning is correctly communicated.
Perhaps when you say she is not handling criticism something else like frustrations of being misunderstood is what is actually being shown.

I make this deduction based on the way she must have in her business life handled failure as a learning process to adjust it to success.
This is why I love when I really get into a series of Big Brother, and especially this series in particular, because I find that one minute I have a particular opinion, will post it and then find there's a really great response that challenges my opinion and a new way of looking at a situation. Great post ! I think you're right, she is frustrated at being misunderstood because it seems to happen to her a lot - her meaning is rarely correctly communicated, something she can recognise, because she intends words in one way and they're often taken in another. What she fails to do is understand why her words are taken the wrong way, and how to avoid making the same mistake in the future... she's a welcome relief from the Casey/Lee/Jasmine stuff, that's for sure.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:52 AM #27
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle

From watching over the past week I find Lionel to be very hypocritical and do believe Luisa has a little bit of foot in mouth syndrome that she doesn't realise. She's still entertaining me very much so I do not discredit her for it.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:04 AM #28
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...hmmm, she may have offended Lionel with what she said, although I don't think it was an intent thing but just more thoughtless..but I thought the way that it was all brought up in a group thing was really wrong as well...they felt disrespected and yet they acted a bit like a 'pack' against her...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:21 AM #29
Germyle

Favourites (more):
BB16: Cristian
CBB 13: Dappy

Germyle

Favourites (more):
BB16: Cristian
CBB 13: Dappy

If dappy said that, this forum - london riots would have nothing on it.

Gerrout
Jemal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:29 AM #30
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

Luisa >>>>>>
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:56 AM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
She misinterprets her own rudeness as 'real' and 'honest' opinions, but is so quick to point it out in others.
She turned on the waterworks tonight as she realised she was in the wrong, but instead of being adult and apologising for upsetting lionel she reacted with childish bewilderment.... daft tart.
Whilst I like honest people who say it how it is....you have to use that honesty when its 'needed' to be said...and a bit of compassion when that honesty has offended someone shows that you care and that its not been said out of malice.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:06 AM #32
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemal View Post
That it a very good point, because it is Luisa it is "honest", if it had been Dappy he would have been "a tool". She has voiced that opinion before to Jasmine so I think she knew what she was doing and being a little bit spiteful. It may not be an Old Peoples Home, but neither is it a Youth Hostel.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 11-01-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:10 AM #33
-

-

Where I have a similar sense of humor (dry/sarcasm etc) I see where she's coming from and I also see how it can offend. One of my managers at work (who I really get on with, more like good friends) said to me around 5 months after I joined that she hated me due to me coming across as rude, and it took me a while to explain that it was just my sense of humor. I ended up really calming down with it, especially at work, so that she'd like me again lol.
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:19 AM #34
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Luisa is a nasty, two faced, bitchy, trollop... I'd actually rather have had the homophobic, animal abusing ex boxer stay over her...
Old 11-01-2014, 11:26 AM #35

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish

"****ing rude cow" pmsl.

Last edited by Black Dagger; 11-01-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:36 AM #36

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

I haven't much time for people who dismiss the older generation ,afterall we will all get there one day IF we are lucky,the world does not revolve around youngsters,I think Lionel is doing really well amongst some of those ignoramuses ,I'de have walked out ages ago.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:39 AM #37
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Say something rude an offensive, then lay the blame at the feet of others because they don't "get" her sense of humour. Luisa is tactless and ignorant and one of my least favourites in the house.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:42 AM #38

Luisa is a stupid, immature ignorant cow, who thinks it's an achievement in life to have multiple sex on a dirty carpet in someone seedy bedsit, and she has the cheek to insult lovely Lionel.

Utter disgrace.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:03 PM #39

Default Love luisa

I like Luisa, I understand that it's her sense of humor! If people don't get it they will be offended! Now that she knows it is offending people she can try & rectify it & think before she speaks! Every1 is guilty of being bitchy in some way! Lionel is always bitching & putting Jim down! (Jealousy/competitive) Linda about Jim! Lee about Casey etc!
Lindsey b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:04 PM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemal View Post
Don't be dumb fam. It's "telling it like it is" or "being fierce"...if that fails then it's a misunderstanding

Last edited by Brother Leon; 11-01-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:50 PM #41

It nice to know that the people posting are intentionally being offensive!
MarcusMel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:53 PM #42
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
This is exactly why I think she has a superiority complex. She cannot understand why other people could possibly comprehend her as being anything other than her perfect self. She doesn't understand why people hate her or misinterpret her, it's their problem, not hers, she knows what she means so why don't other people? Then when she's called out on one of her flaws, she completely loses her cool and can't handle the criticism at all. She absolutely meant what she said but she didn't even for a second think about how that could possibly offend other people, and when it did, she couldn't comprehend why anyone was getting upset with her - which then upset her in turn. She's ridiculous. Just like Lee. No self awareness.
Spot on.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:56 PM #43
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It is ONE way of looking at it. Perhaps she is frustrated that she is not understood by other people. A person with many ideas coming into their head may find it difficult to choose one, focus on it and communicate it. She may not even know she is perceived as having a Superiority Complex. Simply reflects and has the attitudes of her parents and friends. Going outside of that group she finds that she is not understood. We think we hear words we understand but how sure are we that her meaning is correctly communicated.
Perhaps when you say she is not handling criticism something else like frustrations of being misunderstood is what is actually being shown.

I make this deduction based on the way she must have in her business life handled failure as a learning process to adjust it to success.
I dont think she is being misunderstood I think she uses it as an excuse for her frankly obnoxious personality. Once again it everyone else fault not hers. Everyone else needs to adapt to accommodate her. I find little to like in this woman.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 11-01-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:59 PM #44

Luisa and Dappy seem to be competing for the title of Most Obnoxious Housemate! Lol!

dappys to lose (imo) the playing to the cameras is not fun to watch
wendywillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:17 PM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
I dont think she is being misunderstood I think she uses it as an excuse for her frankly obnoxious personality. Once again it everyone else fault not hers. Everyone else needs to adapt to accommodate her. I find little to like in this woman.
Yes it is easy to not like someone. It is harder to take the time to understand someone you don't like. After all what is the point in asking why a person does what we don't like and trying to understand them and thier motives? Lets just stay in our comfort zone and not like it and not try to learn something new.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:19 PM #46
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes it is easy to not like someone. It is harder to take the time to understand someone you don't like. After all what is the point in asking why a person does what we don't like and trying to understand them and thier motives? Lets just stay in our comfort zone and not like it and not try to learn something new.
What about that person asking themselves why they rub people the wrong way? In my experience when someone is supposedly constantly misunderstood the problem usually lies with them and not with everyone else.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2014, 01:27 PM #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
What about that person asking themselves why they rub people the wrong way? In my experience when someone is supposedly constantly misunderstood the problem usually lies with them and not with everyone else.
People can only ever be themselves, discovering that self it the adventure of life. A person is responsible for themselves. That would include their reaction to other people. So what attitude keeps you smiling with people you don't like?
Old 11-01-2014, 01:34 PM #48
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
People can only ever be themselves, discovering that self it the adventure of life. A person is responsible for themselves. That would include their reaction to other people. So what attitude keeps you smiling with people you don't like?
People can only ever be themselves? I dont accept that as an excuse for obnoxious behavior. I have a friend who I believe is a bit of a pyscho. He like upsetting people. He genuinely finds it funny to say the one thing that he knows will upset someone. But he's only being himself? And I've know him since he was 11 so I know what he's like and I actually really like him. Is it up to him to change or everyone else to just accept his very distasteful banter even though he has upset many people over the years.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2014, 02:00 PM #49
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...hmmm, she may have offended Lionel with what she said, although I don't think it was an intent thing but just more thoughtless..but I thought the way that it was all brought up in a group thing was really wrong as well...they felt disrespected and yet they acted a bit like a 'pack' against her...
I saw it as more of an intervention. She was rude and she got the same level of rudeness back, but it came along with people trying to explain to her why she was being perceived in a way that she didn't intend and her response was to burst into tears and not accept that she had been offensive. Agree with Livia and GiRTh.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:12 PM #50
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I saw it as more of an intervention. She was rude and she got the same level of rudeness back, but it came along with people trying to explain to her why she was being perceived in a way that she didn't intend and her response was to burst into tears and not accept that she had been offensive. Agree with Livia and GiRTh.
...yeah, I do understand that she was probably offensive..(although I didn't hear exactly what she said..)..but I still think that Lionel could have spoken to her privately about it but instead they were all 'talking at her' at the table and I think that Linda maybe sensed her discomfort and that's why she backed off a bit and said that she could understand what Luisa was trying to say..?...imo, they did 'pack up' on her and that really wasn't very good...

..and it's not that I particularly like Luisa, but I still think that was why she cried and felt 'ganged up on..'....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
faces, jim, lionel, luisa, vid, wrath