Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:12 AM #51
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusMel View Post
Let’s see, Luisa comes second in the Apprentice verses Dappy gets lucky with a good sound mixer and makes some popular songs, do we really think Dappy could get to second place in the Apprentice?

I think we are now seeing a public reaction against someone who just happens to have what is perceived as a posh accent and want to see that posh accent hurt.
Wow, I don't see it that way at all, I'm surprised anyone does. Her accent doesn't even factor into it whatsoever, her attitude is the problem. She thinks she's better than Dappy and brings up intelligence - of course there's going to be a reaction against her
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:18 AM #52

I don't think it's case of her thinking she's better than him, she just dislikes him so is using (frankly petty) insults such as low intelligence to undermine him. She says he's a gangster wannabe or whatever, so clearly she doesn't think much of him, but I don't think that really means she perceives herself to be superior to him.

And about their careers, I think they're both doing well in their own careers and are surprisingly talented compared to many CBB housemates!
jessicadanielle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:18 AM #53

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Quote:
Let’s see, Luisa comes second in the Apprentice verses Dappy gets lucky with a good sound mixer and makes some popular songs, do we really think Dappy could get to second place in the Apprentice?

I think we are now seeing a public reaction against someone who just happens to have what is perceived as a posh accent and want to see that posh accent hurt.
Well he's not a businessman.. so why the **** would he go on The Apprentice?
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:26 AM #54
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
I don't think it's case of her thinking she's better than him, she just dislikes him so is using (frankly petty) insults such as low intelligence to undermine him. She says he's a gangster wannabe or whatever, so clearly she doesn't think much of him, but I don't think that really means she perceives herself to be superior to him.

And about their careers, I think they're both doing well in their own careers and are surprisingly talented compared to many CBB housemates!
Personally I don't think you can not think very much of someone without thinking you're better than them; unless she doesn't think very much of herself either?
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:28 AM #55

Quote:

Your post would make sense if Dappy was Justin Bieber,One Direction,Little Mix, or some other Manufactured pop star. But he writes the majority of the N Dubz albums and his singles so there is no "getting lucky" to it. Could Luisa do what he does as a Music Artist? No, because that's not her lane....same way the Apprentice isn't his

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:54 AM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
Your post would make sense if Dappy was Justin Bieber,One Direction,Little Mix, or some other Manufactured pop star. But he writes the majority of the N Dubz albums and his singles so there is no "getting lucky" to it. Could Luisa do what he does as a Music Artist? No, because that's not her lane....same way the Apprentice isn't his
I like your comment it makes a fair point.
Music: I am thinking here of How 'Frankie goes to Hollywood' sounded when outside of the studio (shudder) The person who mixes the track IMO is actually the true star of a lot of successful music albums.

I will leave this now, I know the majority of people will only see what they want to see and won't bother trying to understand what really happens. I have said all I need to in various threads.
MarcusMel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:56 AM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
Triple Plat Albums
Couple number ones
Sold out Tours
Sells out O2

Let's not forget he writes all his material so he's hardly some talentless guy who has people doing everything for him....nice try though.
Why is he on the show then, we all know it's for wannabees and has-beens?

As for writing his own material - the quality depends on the target audience. As his audience seems to be mainly brainless, sexist gangster wannabees and their mols, says it all.

Most of his material no doubt comes from that hugh chip he has on his shoulder, in part about his size, as he tries too hard too hard to prove he is a man - when both his behaviour and size suggest otherwise. He looks 12, acts 12 and thinks 12. Some gangster.

Let's just hope he doesn't transfer that chip from his shoulder to those of the gullible, easily influenced that are his target audience.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
career, dappy, luisa