Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2014, 11:50 PM #51
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

Jim haters constantly drag his past up because that's all they can find on him apart from the boring old fart tag, which incidentally, like \jimmy Carr, he makes a living out of it.
Old 14-01-2014, 11:55 PM #52
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Jim haters constantly drag his past up because that's all they can find on him apart from the boring old fart tag, which incidentally, like \jimmy Carr, he makes a living out of it.
It's a pretty horrible past to have.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Old 15-01-2014, 12:00 AM #53
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Being at the top of the tree for many decades, not years, takes a bit of doing. Most of the people you champion have wet ink on their first pay check still.
Old 15-01-2014, 12:17 AM #54
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
It is his past though. So far in the house have we seen him do anything unwarranted and nasty? Personally I don't think so but I've not been able to keep up with all of the shows so I don't really know.
Old 15-01-2014, 01:01 AM #55
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

I get the whole idea of judging someone solely on their time in the house but certainly there's a point where there's too much to overlook. My thing with Jim is that as far as I'm concerned, his whole life and celebrity-dom is super sketchy and shady that he shouldn't have even been cast in the first place. This especially rings true when you factor in that he was initially supposed to be on CBB11 and would have to interact with Brian Dowling again.
Old 15-01-2014, 01:10 AM #56
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynuncdicit View Post
I get the whole idea of judging someone solely on their time in the house but certainly there's a point where there's too much to overlook. My thing with Jim is that as far as I'm concerned, his whole life and celebrity-dom is super sketchy and shady that he shouldn't have even been cast in the first place. This especially rings true when you factor in that he was initially supposed to be on CBB11 and would have to interact with Brian Dowling again.
I don't disagree with that view at all and I completely respect anyone who feels that Jim's past is too extreme to let go for the sake of an entertainment program. I certainly wouldn't want anyone who has been the victim of domestic violence to be upset with my casual support for Jim as a housemate.
Old 15-01-2014, 01:54 AM #57

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I found this so far they were married TEN years so obviously they got on at some point
Jim Davidson

is facing a pounds 2million bill from his fourth divorce.

Tracy Hilton is formally ending their ten-year marriage after the comic admitted cheating on her with busty

TV hostess Debbie Corrigan.

The settlement will be Davidson's most expensive yet, and will almost certainly mean him losing his new pounds 1.4million Surrey mansion.

Ex-model Tracy, 31, is currently staying at the house with their three children. The couple bought the pad last year, with Jim telling friends it was the perfect home to restart their marriage.

Tracy, whose mother, Margaret, lives in a "granny cottage" in the grounds, will keep her pounds 75,000 Mercedes-Benz and Davidson may have to pay as much as pounds 15,000 a month in alimony.

"Tracy's primary concern is for the children and she's determined they will be taken care of by Jim," said a pal.

"She tried to make the marriage work, but Jim just can't say no to the ladies. It's his addiction. He has made it clear that he will not make waves over this. He's just as eager to get everything sorted."

The Mirror caught Davidson out after he spent the night with Debbie, 24, at Brighton's plush Grand Hotel. It put the final nail in the coffin of his marriage to Tracy, who supported him through his battle with the booze.

Davidson, the presenter of TV's Big Break began his latest fling when he cast Debbie as a fairy in his X-rated panto

, Sinderella.

He insisted: "I don't want people to look at me and Debs and think anything bad of her. My marriage was in terrible trouble and she just happened to be there. It's not right that Tracy and I should live with this unhappiness."

The pal added: "Jim is totally besotted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with Debbie. But Tracy's devastated

."
As you are a stanch supporter of Jim, did you post this to make him look better Kaz? I don't understand you at all, this proves what a w**ker he is.

Last edited by jet; 15-01-2014 at 02:10 AM.
Old 15-01-2014, 02:04 AM #58

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I support Jim as what he did was over 20 years ago and he seems to have changed his life around ,so kudos to him for doing that,Jasmine and Sam are also violent,dont see the constant disapproval for them
Oh FFS, can't you see the difference in someone giving someone a one - off slap and the deeper problem of domestic violence which affects innocent young children and deep emotional connections between married couples. Jesus......
Old 15-01-2014, 04:16 AM #59
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

No need to get all bent out of shape jet.
I can't support him due to his past, but others are more forgiving he may have changed he may not who knows?
His new squeeze is 24! thats a bit young for a 60yr old...:/
Old 15-01-2014, 05:54 AM #60
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..just putting the wife beating aside..(which I know is the topic..)..Jim is nothing that I personally admire in a person...and I think that what is annoying is that he's generalised as someone who was typical of his era which he is not at all...he was always a marmite person..yeah, I get that some people like/liked his humour and comedy style but equally a lot of people didn't and I personally never did...and that's fine because we don't all find the same things and comedians etc funny but the thing of 'of his time' type thing is just not so, anymore than you could say someone like Frankie Boyle for instance, represents today's humour...it's just his style of humour and some people like it and some people don't and there is no generalisation about it...it's all subjective to the individual person....

..but anyway, it wasn't from 'his time' when he was in Hell's kitchen and didn't show any change in his bigoted views...I guess it's interesting with the analogy to Chis Brown because people do have very fixed views about him and that would be hard to change them...he would have to do something for those views to be changed and that's just a natural thing that people do have personal things that they find abhorrent in someone, we all do...for me, Jim hasn't done anything in the house for me to change my opinion of him...I find his humour still quite sarcastic and personal...and it's just not really my thing..and I think he's extremely sexist, which again, Dappy was rightfully criticised for and I don't think it's any different for Jim or Lionel because for me, there is no 'age' that, that's expectable....

..anyway, I could go on but I won't.....I will say one positive thing though..I don't personally think that Jim has shown any signs that he has changed at all, and that is a judgement of his time in the house..he's too contradictory, oh let's all live and let live/chill etc and then he'll throw something out there that's quite provocative to an argument and just walk away from it..but then he's not the only one to do that either...but if by being in the BB house and seeing his popularity etc does change him for the better as a person because he's encouraged by the support etc...then that's a good thing...but he still won't be funny.....

..as for the wife beating thing, well there are many, many people out there who have had issues with alcohol etc and had bad times in their lives and have still never raised a hand in violence to another person and especially someone who has had trust in you, so that really doesn't equate for me...there is absolutely no 'excuse' that makes that acceptable...but yeah, in the house, just generally not really that impressed with him...
Old 15-01-2014, 06:01 AM #61
I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I do wonder if there even IS a limit on what people are willing to overlook prior to a person entering a reality TV show. Ian Huntley? I mean he did it over a decade ago and it wasn't on TV so that's cool then if he goes in and calls Lynda Bellingham a "boring slag" right?

I'm just at a loss for words that people are willing to overlook such an obvious case of lifelong bigotry and hatred because he isn't as trashy as the others.
Couldn't have put it better my self, 100% agree with you, another thing people on here seem to he overlooking as well he is homophobic pig, the way he treated Brian Dowlan on Hells Kitchen was vile ....IMHO

ON CHANNEL 5 - BRING BACK LF
Old 15-01-2014, 06:21 AM #62
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrotherfan4ever View Post
Couldn't have put it better my self, 100% agree with you, another thing people on here seem to he overlooking as well he is homophobic pig, the way he treated Brian Dowlan on Hells Kitchen was vile ....IMHO
That's what makes him even more objectionable of a casting choice, especially when you consider that he was this close to entering a series Brian hosted
Old 15-01-2014, 06:26 AM #63
I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):

I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynuncdicit View Post
That's what makes him even more objectionable of a casting choice, especially when you consider that he was this close to entering a series Brian hosted
Exactly, I can't believe he's is favourite to win at the moment, can't understand why people would consider putting money on him.

ON CHANNEL 5 - BRING BACK LF
Old 15-01-2014, 07:01 AM #64
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

we are taught that forgiveness makes us a better person!

do I trust jim? hell no!, do I find him amusing?, yes.

we laugh at someone when they hurt them selves!.

to ben, life's a funny old game!
Old 15-01-2014, 07:44 AM #65
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
The scary thing is he's an identified misogynist, and it's mostly women supporting him. And what makes it worse is that he confirmed he was putting on an act, the public have fell for it hook, line and sinker.
Reece we all interact every day with people who do not share our views, I have a friend who is an out and out racist, I also have family members who hold racist views and sexist views on women, that doesn't mean I cut them out of my life, mainly it means I just roll my eyes, or we have a bit of a debate about it. It is possible to know and get on with people who have completely different views and outlooks in life.

Interesting article here, even if it is from the DM if anyone cares to read it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ilderness.html

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 15-01-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 15-01-2014, 08:26 AM #66

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
because i don't know about them or their past, feel free to make a thread. But jim is the 2nd fave to win this show and i am honestly shocked that people are backing somebody who has hit their wife several times, even it was in the past, he still did it and more than once.
he got help in dealing with his anger..he's a changed man..get over it.
Old 15-01-2014, 08:32 AM #67
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Why are people so consumed with Jims past. If memory serves me right, Nelson Mandela had a pretty chequered past and so did his wife Winnie. Are we to forget him now due to his past. I think not. Jim haters are just desperate to slag him off and his past is all they can see, its blinding them.
Old 15-01-2014, 08:36 AM #68
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Ive read through all this and all I can see is people saying look at his past...look at his past....move thw **** on...he hasnt personally done anything to anyone here....
Old 15-01-2014, 08:41 AM #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
I have been struggling to understand the massive support for Jim also. He have done his time and got his counselling or whatever but a man should never EVER raise a hand to a woman and visa versa ( just in case ppl are saying why pick the man) It does happen in some instances that a woman is violent towards a man. I feel that much of Jims support for this eviction is because people hate Jas and Luisa and Liz is not a strong housemate. Even if I hated every single housemate in there and they were all up I would vote to save them rather than Jim. Domestic violence should not be accepted and even if its years ago and Jim is a 'reformed character' I would still struggle very much to support him and I know what I am talking about believe me x
Reformation and learning are the points of having experiences. Jim's ex-wife may never forgive what he has done, but I have no right to hate him on her behalf as though he beat me. The logic of punishing him eternally is flawed in that none of us are perfect and if raised differently, or having witnessed domestic violence and having become desensitised to it, taught different ideals or placed in different situations, we might be stunned at how our ethical boundaries shift. Jim is controlling himself whilst being constantly attacked. His saying he is not being his usual self may be linked to his own guilt and poor self-view due to past transgressions. That conviction that we are intrinsically evil is often the greatest motivator to effect change in our behaviour. I suspect there is a lot of displacement and projection here and Jim is taking the hatred for some posters' own experiences.
Old 15-01-2014, 08:42 AM #70
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
To me there are few things worse a man can do than lay a finger on a woman. Alcoholism or not there is no excuse. I find it very hard to attach myself to a man that has done that I don't care how long ago it was and what he does in the house.
Old 15-01-2014, 08:43 AM #71
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticcynic View Post
Reformation and learning are the points of having experiences. Jim's ex-wife may never forgive what he has done, but I have no right to hate him on her behalf as though he beat me. The logic of punishing him eternally is flawed in that none of us are perfect and if raised differently, or having witnessed domestic violence and having become desensitised to it, taught different ideals or placed in different situations, we might be stunned at how our ethical boundaries shift. Jim is controlling himself whilst being constantly attacked. His saying he is not being his usual self may be linked to his own guilt and poor self-view due to past transgressions. That conviction that we are intrinsically evil is often the greatest motivator to effect change in our behaviour. I suspect there is a lot of displacement and projection here and Jim is taking the hatred for some posters' own experiences.
Great post.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 15-01-2014, 09:13 AM #72
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticcynic View Post
Old 15-01-2014, 09:35 AM #73
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

People still going on about it, this wife beating thing is getting beyond boring. Anyone would think he kicked the living **** out of her. It was a slap driven or fuelled by extreme alchohol abuse and it does not condone it, I know, but in some ways he has changed and that's hard. Give the guy a break and applaud him for changing.
Old 15-01-2014, 09:39 AM #74
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I think as far as situations in the house occurred, i think he's handled himself well, he's walked away from confrontation and people blatantly trying to get a rise out of him (Jasmine and Linda spring to mind) I hope it's a way he's learned to deal with his temper and that he's changed who he was. That being said I would never support him to win because of his past.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 15-01-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 15-01-2014, 10:09 AM #75
Jesus.

Jesus.

This thread title fits perfectly into the Nelly Furtado "Maneater" song.

And that's all I gots to say about that.

Last edited by Jesus.; 15-01-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
beater, jim, wife