Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 17-01-2014, 07:06 AM #1
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Default Why does Jim have to be the bigger Man?

Okay most people who have liked Jim on CBB have agreed what he said to Linda was a low blow, and a lot of the argument about how wrong it was is due to it being something from the past, but isn't it Linda who has brought the past into the house? she walked into that house with a huge chip on her shoulder about him. She has let everyone know she dislikes him and insinuated that it is something from his past, she has told anyone that will listen what she thinks of him, and his alleged views on women, she needled and prodded him for two weeks and then when he finally snapped she ran sobbing to the bedroom, job done Linda. So why is okay for Linda to keep referring to her dislike for him and insinuate about the past but not Jim? where is the equality in all this? Linda can say and do what she likes because she is a woman and Jim has to suck it up because he is a man?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 07:10 AM #2
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Okay most people who have liked Jim on CBB have agreed what he said to Linda was a low blow, and a lot of the argument about how wrong it was is due to it being something from the past, but isn't it Linda who has brought the past into the house? she walked into that house with a huge chip on her shoulder about him. She has let everyone know she dislikes him and insinuated that it is something from his past, she has told anyone that will listen what she thinks of him, and his alleged views on women, she needled and prodded him for two weeks and then when he finally snapped she ran sobbing to the bedroom, job done Linda. So why is okay for Linda to keep referring to her dislike for him and insinuate about the past but not Jim? where is the equality in all this? Linda can say and do what she likes because she is a woman and Jim has to suck it up because he is a man?
great post, if you poke a dog with a stick it will show its teeth.

she has been riding him from the start!
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 07:12 AM #3
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

I don't think anyone has said Jim has to suck it up (idk what it even is, this whole argument is based on nothings) because he's a man
Old 17-01-2014, 07:24 AM #4

Favourites:
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Favourites:
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynuncdicit View Post
I don't think anyone has said Jim has to suck it up (idk what it even is, this whole argument is based on nothings) because he's a man
I don't think linda likes men much. She looked pleased at Casey's distress over Lee, as though his disgusting antics were confirming her knowledge of all male behaviour.
Rachael1904 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 09:42 AM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Agree OP,Good post
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 09:45 AM #6

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
great post, if you poke a dog with a stick it will show its teeth.

she has been riding him from the start!
I feel sick.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 09:50 AM #7
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris

Quote:
Great post Cherie - Linda knows she is immune this week and that Jim is popular so is going all out to bring him down imo - I don't know why the past should be tabboo when it's out there anyway she just wants to be seen as the victim.
Old 17-01-2014, 09:50 AM #8

He doesn't have to be anything. He's vile, nothing more to it. I don't think anyone cares enuf to want him to change, being who he is is enuf punishment for him.

I hate him for being a piece of sh!t, i don't care if he changes. I don't think anyone else cares if he changes either.

I don't have to care about him to hate him, do I? I'm perfectly happy for him to be a miserable piece of sh!t until he dies. I don't care about him at all. if i cared ab out him, then i'd want him to be better. I don't care if he becomes better or not, I just wish the worst on him.

Last edited by lostalex; 17-01-2014 at 09:53 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 10:02 AM #9
Z

Z

I agree Cherie. I think everyone can agree that what Jim said was intended to upset Linda. Personally, I don't think he intended for her to hear it, because he would have just said it to her face if he had meant her to - it's not like he secretly hates her, they very openly don't like each other. Great analogy Sheriff, is it a dog's fault if it bites you after you've been winding it up to that point? What Jim did was wrong but we've all been able to see why things got to that point: Linda was pushing him for a reaction and she finally got one.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 10:13 AM #10

I honestly can't believe how much of a big fan base he has, i mean people voting for him must not watch the show.
he does this all the time, he says one small thing to another and then it starts an arguement and he denies it, i mean how low can you go to blame lusia for starting it when he without a doubt told her to ask linda about it twice, it wasn't as tho he never ment it he made saw he got the messaged across and then was like no i said this but he didn't same goes for the conversation about having a man with lusia he went outside and completely changed what he said saying he said about having a husband i mean what kind of sick game is he playing.

i'm not saying linda is a victim because on what we see every night she pushes him and shouts at him for nothing.

i mean the whole lusia and a man thing was a bit out there but it had nothing to do with linda, lusia could of just answered him and they could of been like that was a bit odd after but no linda wanted to push it, there both bad, but jim is vile in his attacks more than just linda being mad at him.
bez87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 10:23 AM #11
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A

I disagree, she did go in house saying she disliked him,but Ive never seen her say why she disliked him ,not once ,how anyone can defend Jim just baffles me ,I was in tears over it
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 10:24 AM #12
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballPaul View Post
Agree OP,Good post
+1
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 10:25 AM #13
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
He doesn't have to be anything. He's vile, nothing more to it. I don't think anyone cares enuf to want him to change, being who he is is enuf punishment for him.

I hate him for being a piece of sh!t, i don't care if he changes. I don't think anyone else cares if he changes either.

I don't have to care about him to hate him, do I? I'm perfectly happy for him to be a miserable piece of sh!t until he dies. I don't care about him at all. if i cared ab out him, then i'd want him to be better. I don't care if he becomes better or not, I just wish the worst on him.
Obviously a large portion of the GBP that have made him one of the favs and his popularity on vote night disagree with you Alex. If being a ****, like you allude to, is Jims nature, holy crap, just think of how loved he will be if he changes. Sad thing for you is that Jim is loved even when he is in Victor Meldrew mode, wait till he kicks it up a notch when the old hag gets evicted. Without that old hag in there he might brighten up.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 10:33 AM #14

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Well said Cherie,Jim shouldn't have said that but in his defense I do think it was said in a fit of pique,she had pushed and pushed,she had said some awful things about him to everyone,why couldn't she just let him be,I see he regretted it as soon as he said it(we've all done that)that is why he got flustered and he wanted to apologise but she again started on him,what is he to do ?lie down and let her walk all over him all the time.I don't agree with what he said but he has not lost any support I had of him at all.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 10:35 AM #15
You know my methods

You know my methods

Ultimately it will hasten Nolans exit so really Jim has battered her
Old 17-01-2014, 10:38 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catweazel View Post
Ultimately it will hasten Nolans exit so really Jim has battered her
Bad choice of words lol!
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 10:50 AM #17
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
I disagree, she did go in house saying she disliked him,but Ive never seen her say why she disliked him ,not once ,how anyone can defend Jim just baffles me ,I was in tears over it
Why?

Jim did not mention it and left it up to "Bagpus on Crack" to mention it. She could have simply said nothing.

She was crying because she mentioned her husband who died in 2007? - people need to move on.
Old 17-01-2014, 11:26 AM #18
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

It was a spiteful and vindictive thing to do, it was intented to cause her a lot of pain bringing back the humiliation felt at that time.
How do we know what skeletons jim has in his closet that linda knows about? She dislikes him yes, it may be unrelated to this issue but she's kept quiet.
It's nothing to do with gender either, so she didn't like him and vocalised it, it was mutual there was no need to exact any 'revenge' because of that fact.
Old 17-01-2014, 12:24 PM #19
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Oh Chuff, you have fallen for Linda's trick!

All Jim did was suggest a reason as to why she dislikes him so much, simply saying it may be to do with what happened in Frank Carson's dressing room. He didn't mention her husband, SHE brought him up & then twisted it into Jim mentioning him! Then runs to the bedroom sobbing to soak up all the sympathy! I can't believe you fell for it Chuff...
Old 17-01-2014, 12:26 PM #20
xo

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Dani
Survivor 34: Andrea

xo

Favourites (more):

Great post nothing more i can add really
Munchkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 12:29 PM #21

Good post Cherie.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 12:33 PM #22
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Great post, an amazing post really Cherie.

I actually would allow Jim a low blow since the person who has been acting really low most of the time in the house between them is in fact Linda.
This came up after he had even made her a stir fry, she will not allow him to look good as to anything, always looking to dig and provoke.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 12:42 PM #23
xo

Favourites (more):

xo

Favourites (more):

And WHY does she always have to try and facilitate other girls in the house to agree with her? as soon as Jim made that comment to Luisa about the husband (which Luisa originally didnt seem phased by at all) Linda had to keep Asking Luisa, i cant believe he said that, how do you feel about him saying that, and all this rubbish to get others to turn against him..
Luisa i dont even think minded the comment until Linda made it way worse than it originally was and completely overexaggerated it to the others
Munchkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 12:45 PM #24
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkins View Post
And WHY does she always have to try and facilitate other girls in the house to agree with her? as soon as Jim made that comment to Luisa about the husband (which Luisa originally didnt seem phased by at all) Linda had to keep Asking Luisa, i cant believe he said that, how do you feel about him saying that, and all this rubbish to get others to turn against him..
Luisa i dont even think minded the comment until Linda made it way worse than it originally was and completely overexaggerated it to the others
That is one the most annoying things about her too Munchkins, she has to play to an audience, she will never just talk to Jim alone and he has asked many times as to that.

Jim asked Luisa a question relating to her own situation, why Linda jumped in and tried to make him look bad for that question shows the rotten agenda she has in my opinion.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2014, 01:18 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post

seems you do care
Arrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bigger, jim, man