Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 24-01-2014, 08:17 AM #1

Default Linda a foster mum.

Her sister Said,on loose women,Linda wants to be a foster mum and had already fostered a few children,looking at her behavior in CBB,I wouldn't think she is stable to look after herself.
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 08:22 AM #2

Completely agreed, Last nights highlight show, showed her true colours, Ollie has stayed out of all the fights and good for him, he is a nice lad who doesn't want any trouble, and Linda used this to her advantage, he then sticks up for himself on why he doesn't get involved and it's a valid reason, and all she does is laugh in his face, she doesn't deserves to foster children, she is an evil woman.
bez87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 08:33 AM #3

Favourites:
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Favourites:

My sister has a personality a bit like Linda's - maybe worse - but she is a wonderful mother. She has brought up her children really well, and is fiercely protective of them.

I don't think it is fair to judge Linda's ability to be an emergency foster carer by her behaviour on BB. She was probably only asked to go on the show because her antipathy for Jim is common knowledge in showbiz circles. These reality TV shows put people into very difficult situations to bring out their worst qualities.

In addition, we see edited highlights of the show - we don't always know the context of comments or situations. We saw Jim going around innocently asking women if they did their husband's ironing: he was obviously doing this for a joke or to wind the women up. Given that he is a wind-up merchant, we might be seeing Linda over-reacting to what seems like a fairly innocuous comment, when in fact it is the straw which broke the camel's back. I don't like Linda, but to judge her ability to foster children by a reality show like BB is really, really unfair.

Last edited by Seraphim; 24-01-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Seraphim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 08:39 AM #4

I cant stand Linda and i hope she is out tonight BUT i dont think it is right to say she doesnt deserve to foster children. BB is a very different thing to been at home in a loving family, just because she is coming across a mean & bitter in BB does not mean she is or will be a bad mother.
Old 24-01-2014, 08:46 AM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
I cant stand Linda and i hope she is out tonight BUT i dont think it is right to say she doesnt deserve to foster children. BB is a very different thing to been at home in a loving family, just because she is coming across a mean & bitter in BB does not mean she is or will be a bad mother.
Maybe not but all i'm looking at is Ollie was in all his right to stick up for himself, for the first time i might add, and tell her why he doesn't get involved and his reasons were valid, i hate getting into arguments myself and i avoid them at all costs and i just want an easy life, and i see where Ollie's coming from why should he have to get involved in other peoples business just because linda does all the time, it was after this, which showed her true colours, a grown woman and a normal person would of discussed it maturely, but nope the vile cow instead "i feel sick" and then goes off with lusia and laughs about it, Ollie isn't happy and then they start singing that is so disrespectful and horrid, just because finaly spoke up about it and gave his reason, and she turns round and says it was pretty pathetic to his face, thats how evil she is and then laughs about it after, yea thats really a nice person to foster kidss
bez87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 08:51 AM #6

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfed View Post
Her sister Said,on loose women,Linda wants to be a foster mum and had already fostered a few children,looking at her behavior in CBB,I wouldn't think she is stable to look after herself.
What are your qualifications to make such a judgement?

Foster families are desperately needed. Good for her if she can give a child a home.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 08:52 AM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well said.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 09:05 AM #8

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I agree absolutely.
Old 24-01-2014, 09:15 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfed View Post
#
I personally don't like Linda at all...but I also realise that we are watching the on stage 'performing-Linda' which in all probability will bare no resemblance whatsoever to the real life 'Mother Linda' that she probably is at home!
...In my honest opinion , one cannot judge a persons real qualities from watching them perform on a gameshow!

Good job it's Big Brother!........Big Sister would be Evil!
Lex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 09:18 AM #10

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bez87 View Post
Maybe not but all i'm looking at is Ollie was in all his right to stick up for himself, for the first time i might add, and tell her why he doesn't get involved and his reasons were valid, i hate getting into arguments myself and i avoid them at all costs and i just want an easy life, and i see where Ollie's coming from why should he have to get involved in other peoples business just because linda does all the time, it was after this, which showed her true colours, a grown woman and a normal person would of discussed it maturely, but nope the vile cow instead "i feel sick" and then goes off with lusia and laughs about it, Ollie isn't happy and then they start singing that is so disrespectful and horrid, just because finaly spoke up about it and gave his reason, and she turns round and says it was pretty pathetic to his face, thats how evil she is and then laughs about it after, yea thats really a nice person to foster kidss
I do agree with you on Linda's behaviour, and I have had similar concerns myself, but she is only being used as an emergency foster parent, meaning she'll take children in at short notice in emergencies until a more permanent place can be found. She is being called Mama Lin in the house now, so despite what we're seeing she's viewed as a maternal type by the HMs.

Like you, I've found her very hard to watch. I hope she gets voted out tonight, because I don't think she's doing herself any favours, and without her, Jim might get too cocky and show himself up.

Last edited by Seraphim; 24-01-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 24-01-2014, 09:23 AM #11
Z

Z

I think it's one of the kindest, most selfless things a person could do, to be a foster parent. While Linda may be a bit of a battle axe sometimes, I think she would be a fantastic parent, she's obviously very protective and I think she'd be the kind of (foster) mum who would really push you to do well for yourself in everything you do.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2014, 09:23 AM #12
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

God help the poor child if it does anything to pi** her off
Old 24-01-2014, 09:26 AM #13

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
What are your qualifications to make such a judgement?

Foster families are desperately needed. Good for her if she can give a child a home.
This, and they say Jim can't do anything right...
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
foster, linda, mum