Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Old 26-01-2014, 11:08 PM #26

Favourites:
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Favourites:
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

I think Jim would have a serious breakdown if she won over him.
Old 26-01-2014, 11:13 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
All these people commenting on her business - do you really think many customers are going to be put off by her appearing in a TV program for a month if they enjoy her products? Do you think any investors are going to be put off by her personality if they see cause for investment? That's not how business works. Donald Trump is an unrepentant wanker yet he's more successful than ever.

just giving people a reality check people are trying to put luisa in the same light as woman like virginia rometty and indra nooyi

why is sam not classed in the sam light as lusia ?

Amy childs is a more successful business woman then luisa says it all
Arrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 11:22 PM #28

You know if this post was said about a forum member it would have been deleted - Its a pity I can't say anything about this thread as forum rules won't let me.
MarcusMel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 11:30 PM #29
Adios

Adios

Luisa has been the most entertaining for me. Definitely deserves the win.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 11:34 PM #30
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
just giving people a reality check people are trying to put luisa in the same light as woman like virginia rometty and indra nooyi

why is sam not classed in the sam light as lusia ?

Amy childs is a more successful business woman then luisa says it all
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Luisa is a small time business owner whose personality will not impede the every day running of her business operations. There'll be added exposure and interest in her products because of her stint on CBB; existing customers aren't likely to stop buying her products because she was on CBB, and even if they do, she's only gained from being on CBB - people saw what she was like on The Apprentice; they're not going to be put off by Celebrity Big Brother.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 11:43 PM #31
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Luisa is a small time business owner whose personality will not impede the every day running of her business operations. There'll be added exposure and interest in her products because of her stint on CBB; existing customers aren't likely to stop buying her products because she was on CBB, and even if they do, she's only gained from being on CBB - people saw what she was like on The Apprentice; they're not going to be put off by Celebrity Big Brother.
thats nonsensical
a persons personality is a massive part of any business they create and run
her reputation and character has been badly exposed here. this would surely put off all investors
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 11:46 PM #32
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
thats nonsensical
a persons personality is a massive part of any business they create and run
her reputation and character has been badly exposed here. this would surely put off all investors
If you are investing in a business, you are investing in the product being sold and the way the operations are run, you're not making your decision based on whether or not you like the person in charge of it. Obviously it'll be a factor, but the positives of Luisa appearing on CBB far outweight the negatives, and if she manages to do well in the final then I don't think there would even be any negatives. She's not done anything in that house she can't recover from, her time in the house hasn't been defined by any one particular incident.
Old 26-01-2014, 11:57 PM #33
User banned

User banned

Quote:
If you are investing in a business, you are investing in the product being sold and the way the operations are run, you're not making your decision based on whether or not you like the person in charge of it. Obviously it'll be a factor, but the positives of Luisa appearing on CBB far outweight the negatives, and if she manages to do well in the final then I don't think there would even be any negatives. She's not done anything in that house she can't recover from, her time in the house hasn't been defined by any one particular incident.
thats laughable. the character and integirty of the company owner is the biggets and most important part of the investment in any company. I suggest you read up on the great investors and entrepreneurs
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 12:01 AM #34

Luisa scored 60-odd in the IQ test, with the national average being 60. She is not some genius, despite her self-proclamation. She is BARELY above average.
optimisticcynic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 12:02 AM #35
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
thats laughable. the character and integirty of the company owner is the biggets and most important part of the investment in any company. I suggest you read up on the great investors and entrepreneurs
Yeah okay, tell me how many of the world's greatest entrepreneurs got to the top by being pleasant and pandering to others. We're not even talking about a potential Bill Gates or Steve Jobs here, we're talking about a woman who runs a cupcake business and has used reality TV to further her career horizons. Being on the Apprentice gave her some initial exposure and CBB has helped promote her and her brand even further; how many small business owners have managed to do the same? The character of the company owner matters, yes, but not nearly as much as the actual business they are running or the products they are selling. People wear Coco Chanel and Hugo Boss products despite their extensive involvement with the Nazis because they like what the companies are selling; Luisa Zissman being a bit loud and argumentative on a Channel 5 TV program for a month is not going to matter in the slightest if people like what she's selling.
Old 27-01-2014, 12:07 AM #36

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I think she as been a great housemate, entertaining and makes a good 'bad' girl.
Like a Panto villain.
I fully agree. Extremely entertaining and fortright I want her to win
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 12:20 AM #37

Luisa has become my favourite. She's just really a very funny girl. As much as I didn't initially like her - I couldn't take that away from her. Then, I began to sense (as it seems Jim did too) that a lot of her ice-queen, superwoman, sex-addict crap, is just an act. That's not who she is - it's who she wants to be. And I have no idea why. Cause if she just acted like herself, she'd be much happier, and much more likeable. She definitely could have a future in comedy.

But as it stands, she's very immature, and so will probably go down the usual zelebrity road, surrounding herself with shallow morons who assist her in her superwoman delusion. It's sad, but probably true.
Mac1978 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 12:29 AM #38

Quote:
Yeah okay, tell me how many of the world's greatest entrepreneurs got to the top by being pleasant and pandering to others. We're not even talking about a potential Bill Gates or Steve Jobs here, we're talking about a woman who runs a cupcake business and has used reality TV to further her career horizons. Being on the Apprentice gave her some initial exposure and CBB has helped promote her and her brand even further; how many small business owners have managed to do the same? The character of the company owner matters, yes, but not nearly as much as the actual business they are running or the products they are selling. People wear Coco Chanel and Hugo Boss products despite their extensive involvement with the Nazis because they like what the companies are selling; Luisa Zissman being a bit loud and argumentative on a Channel 5 TV program for a month is not going to matter in the slightest if people like what she's selling.
What im getting at is she is being labelled as a successful businesswoman why?
her business are worth Ł192

given the low standards that people are giving the label of 'successful businesswoman'' is sam faiers not a successful businesswoman ?
Old 27-01-2014, 12:35 AM #39
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

I'm not even sure Luisa is really that in to her business, she was saying to Liz that she wanted to be a journalist and since the Apprentice has spend most of her time trying to keep herself relevant in gossip mags, lads mags, and stuff like that. She's probably content with her business staying relatively small and easy to manage rather than having high aspirations of becoming a multi millionaire from it living a very intensive life in the corporate world, something she even said she hated on the Apprentice.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 12:37 AM #40
Z

Z

She managed to get a business off the ground, I'd call that a success. If you're measuring her success against, I dunno, Apple or Gazprom or McDonald's then obviously she's insignificant but it's a real achievement to start up your own business and manage to survive beyond the initial start up phase. Yeah she talks big but she's obviously proud of her achievements and I think she should be, not many people start businesses and manage to keep them going for very long. Being on Big Brother is priceless promotion for someone like Luisa.

Sam Faiers isn't a successful businesswoman, she's a reality TV star, there was no involvement in the business side of things on her behalf as far as I'm aware but correct me if I'm wrong... to my knowledge The Only Way Is Essex is run by a production company, not the people in the show...
Old 27-01-2014, 12:47 AM #41

Quote:
She managed to get a business off the ground, I'd call that a success. If you're measuring her success against, I dunno, Apple or Gazprom or McDonald's then obviously she's insignificant but it's a real achievement to start up your own business and manage to survive beyond the initial start up phase. Yeah she talks big but she's obviously proud of her achievements and I think she should be, not many people start businesses and manage to keep them going for very long. Being on Big Brother is priceless promotion for someone like Luisa.

Sam Faiers isn't a successful businesswoman, she's a reality TV star, there was no involvement in the business side of things on her behalf as far as I'm aware but correct me if I'm wrong... to my knowledge The Only Way Is Essex is run by a production company, not the people in the show...
She comes across insignificant against sam let alone a multinational corporations
http://www.minnies-boutique.co.uk/

Last edited by Arrow; 27-01-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Old 27-01-2014, 12:50 AM #42
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Luisa manages a cake shop doesn't she?
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 01:22 AM #43

Favourites:
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticcynic View Post
Luisa scored 60-odd in the IQ test, with the national average being 60. She is not some genius, despite her self-proclamation. She is BARELY above average.

Durh! The CBB "IQ" test was just a joke. It wasn't a proper IQ test.
If Luisa had scored 60 in an IQ test, she'd be in the category of having learning difficulties. If Dappy had scored 6 in an IQ test, he'd probably be in a coma.

Luisa's IQ will be considerably above average, judging by her performance in The Apprentice and CBB.
Seraphim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 01:25 AM #44
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Now that him and Jim have settled their differences i'm warming to her again. I knew she'd be different without Linda.
Old 27-01-2014, 01:31 AM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
Durh! The CBB "IQ" test was just a joke. It wasn't a proper IQ test.
If Luisa had scored 60 in an IQ test, she'd be in the category of having learning difficulties. If Dappy had scored 6 in an IQ test, he'd probably be in a coma.

Luisa's IQ will be considerably above average, judging by her performance in The Apprentice and CBB.
There are various ways of testing intelligence and although this wasn't a WAIS oe standardised, they probably compared Dappy and Luisa's results to a random poll. Luisa doesn't strike me as particularly intelligent, just savvy and Machiavelian.

As for her assumed intelligence -

Age: 25; Occupation: Retail Entrepreneur.[40] Zissman claimed to have a "brain like Einstein", yet got a C, D, and E at AS level.[41] Zissman broke down after thinking she bungled a pitch in the final, and was then fired by Lord Sugar. Zissman said that during the process she had "learnt to keep her mouth shut".[42] Zissman became embroiled in controversy when it emerged that she did not know how to properly use apostrophes, and appealed to Twitter for advice, ultimately calling her company "Bakers Toolkit".[43] She was educated at Northampton School for Girls.[44]
Old 27-01-2014, 01:35 AM #46

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
What im getting at is she is being labelled as a successful businesswoman why?
her business are worth Ł192

given the low standards that people are giving the label of 'successful businesswoman'' is sam faiers not a successful businesswoman ?
So you think that Alan Sugar's top guys looked into Luisa's businesses and gave them the seal of approval based on them being "worth Ł192"? I don't think so. What makes you think you know better than them?

You shouldn't pronounce on matters you don't have a lot of insight into, as it just makes you look a bit silly. The same as that person who thought Luisa had scored 60 in an IQ test.
Old 27-01-2014, 01:42 AM #47

Quote:
So you think that Alan Sugar's top guys looked into Luisa's businesses and gave them the seal of approval based on them being "worth Ł192"? I don't think so. What makes you think you know better than them?

You shouldn't pronounce on matters you don't have a lot of insight into, as it just makes you look a bit silly. The same as that person who thought Luisa had scored 60 in an IQ test.
Seraphim, I am fully aware that an IQ of 60 would suggest a mild LD, however, my reference was in the context of the Big Brother clip, where the average score for the test was 60, Luisa only scored 60-odd and Dappy scored 6. This does not set her apart from Joe Bloggs and her exam results demonstrate the same.
Old 27-01-2014, 01:43 AM #48

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticcynic View Post
There are various ways of testing intelligence and although this wasn't a WAIS oe standardised, they probably compared Dappy and Luisa's results to a random poll. Luisa doesn't strike me as particularly intelligent, just savvy and Machiavelian.

As for her assumed intelligence -

Age: 25; Occupation: Retail Entrepreneur.[40] Zissman claimed to have a "brain like Einstein", yet got a C, D, and E at AS level.[41] Zissman broke down after thinking she bungled a pitch in the final, and was then fired by Lord Sugar. Zissman said that during the process she had "learnt to keep her mouth shut".[42] Zissman became embroiled in controversy when it emerged that she did not know how to properly use apostrophes, and appealed to Twitter for advice, ultimately calling her company "Bakers Toolkit".[43] She was educated at Northampton School for Girls.[44]
BB's test was NOT an IQ test. It was not comparable to any IQ test. I used to administer IQ tests, so I should know. School exam results do not reflect IQ, business acumen or drive. Knowing how to punctuate is a pointless skill, and certainly not essential for a business person. You do not know what Machiavelian means. And you cannot punctuate either. Maybe you are just jealous.

Yawn. I'm off to bed.

Last edited by Seraphim; 27-01-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Old 27-01-2014, 01:46 AM #49

The apprentice is a reality tv/entertainment show more than anything else though^^^

And Luisa's cupcake shop seem's to be doing good yeah but if she was as intelligent as she keeps telling everyone she is then she would realise she's not maximising income potential with her other businesses because she is basically confining her products from two or three separate companies to the one town/area, to get a better customer base and increase sales she will need to broaden her area.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 01:48 AM #50

Quote:
BB's test was NOT an IQ test, and was not comparable to any IQ test. I used to administer IQ tests, so I should know. School exam results do not reflect IQ, business acumen or drive. Knowing how to punctuate is a pointless skill, and certainly not essential for a business person. You do not know what Machiavelian means. And you cannot punctuate either. Maybe you are just jealous.

Yawn. I'm off to bed.
Wow, you administered tests. That must make you very clever. IQ does involve language, understanding and all the components you claim are irrelevant and I too have undertaken IQ testing. Your comment about my understanding is child-like. What is the basis for your assumption that Luisa is a genius? Other than the fact that she says she is.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bully, louisa, spineless