Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 30-01-2002, 09:44 AM #1
Administrator

Administrator

Default Cat Deeley to leave SM:TV

According to The Sun, Cat is due to leave SM:TV at the end of March. She'll be missed - Tess Daly isn't a patch on her.

Click here to read the article.

Good to hear that Brian will be staying on, though.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2002, 03:59 PM #2

I heard that on the radio too and she was talking about her future plans, so it's pretty definite. It's a sad, sad day.

I bet they've known about this for ages, and wanted to get the new presenters settled in before announcing it. I wonder if this means we'll be seeing more of Tess, because she doesn't seem to be doing much apart from the sketches at the minute. 4 presenters is too many IMHO for decent interaction, so I think they'll just make everyone else work harder.

Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2002, 05:13 PM #3

I really hope it is gossip cos i think she is a brilliant presenter and if it is true, who will take her place? Bryan? No one?

Who knows?
Graeme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2002, 06:09 PM #4

I also heard this earlier on Capital Radio - she's an ex presenter there and they sounded as if they knew what they were talking about.

They did say that she would still be presenting CUK.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2002, 06:21 PM #5

I heard that she was leaving SMTV in April, and CDUK in August and that she had some other projects lined up. They sounded quite grown-up like Holiday things. It seems she's been offered a part acting in a new sit-com, but she didn't say if she was going to do it. Perhaps her brief appearance on Hollyoaks last week whet her appetite.

Whatever she does I hope it's fun and on when I can watch.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2002, 11:24 AM #6

I'm sure Cat made her decision a long time ago, probably when Ant and Dec first mentioned they wanted to leave. Cat might have even wanted to go with them but was pesuaded to stay to help the new show without Ant and Dec, get on its feet. The audience have already accepted and like the new presenters especially Brian who is the jewel in SM:tv's crown as far as I'm concerned, so when Cat goes in April the audience are sure to stick with the show. I'm sure Blaze tv have big plans for Brian because he is just so talented, and giving him his own show would be the best news of all, so I don't know if that means he will move on soon too. Brian is so fantastic on SM:tv live and I for one only tune in now because of him. Watching him is the best start to the weekend because he is such a good laugh, but he deserves to be the main presenter he is so much better than James.
As for Cat, well like all Saturday morning presenters, eventually they want to move on and do more adult programmes, which is what I suspect is her plan if what the media is reporting can be believed. She is a great presenter she'll always be popular, I liken her to Davina in some ways and who knows maybe she'll take over the Big Brother gig when Davina moves on, that is if she ever does, I can't see it happening though! Cat is bound to do very well in whatever she does in the future, Good luck to her!
Honey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cat, deeley, leave, smtv