Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 23-07-2016, 06:14 PM #51
nope

nope

I like the sound of that
Such a long wait though!
Natalie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 06:15 PM #52
Namaste

Namaste

I know! It should be an autumn show!

That cloud is very OUaT curse-style isn't it?
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 06:32 PM #53
nope

nope

Oh yeah it is looks great
Natalie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 06:56 PM #54
Namaste

Namaste

Indra's confirmed as returning too

They still need to upgrade her to regular though
Old 26-02-2017, 11:04 AM #55
Namaste

Namaste

Caught up on the fourth season the other night (I think it'll start on E4 around April). Wasn't sold on the first two episodes (probably the weakest start to a season for me) but eps 3 and 4 pulled me back in.
Spoiler:

Less focus on the Ice Nation drama and more on the radiation threat, I really like Roan but I prefer him as an ally. The episode with Luna and the little girl suffering from radiation sickness and the girl dying was heavy, and an effective swerve since I was expecting the girl to live and Luna to die.

I STILL demand Adina's promotion to main cast. You can't convince me Monty is a more important character than Indra

Last edited by Lostie!; 06-03-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 27-02-2017, 08:18 AM #56
-

-

Monty is getting really annoying actually. He might even be heading for... Jasper territory
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 04:39 PM #57
Namaste

Namaste

Yeah I was thinking that. The whole "let's hate on Clarke for making the tough decisions none of us want to deal with" crap is annoying.
Old 27-02-2017, 10:06 PM #58
-

-

Indra is becoming a bit of a "Kenny" though, she is constantly getting hurt or almost killed .
Old 05-03-2017, 12:20 PM #59
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Indra is becoming a bit of a "Kenny" though, she is constantly getting hurt or almost killed .

Indra the Immortal

The naming conventions of the Grounders is really interesting. I knew Lincoln was named after the Lincoln Memorial, Lexa after Alexandria and Tondc Washington DC* but there are more I never picked up on. Ontari = Ontario (yeah I feel really dense for not getting that one), Emori and Otan = Memorial Botanic Gardens. And I've seen it theorised that Queen Nia was named after Niagara Falls, which would make sense with the Ice Nation = Canada idea.

Don't think it's the case with all Grounder names but now whenever we meet a new one I'm instantly wondering what they might be named from

*I must add I didn't even get Lincoln, Lexa and Tondc until I read about them online while binging the first two seasons

Last edited by Lostie!; 05-03-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:22 AM #60
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post

Indra the Immortal

The naming conventions of the Grounders is really interesting. I knew Lincoln was named after the Lincoln Memorial, Lexa after Alexandria and Tondc Washington DC* but there are more I never picked up on. Ontari = Ontario (yeah I feel really dense for not getting that one), Emori and Otan = Memorial Botanic Gardens. And I've seen it theorised that Queen Nia was named after Niagara Falls, which would make sense with the Ice Nation = Canada idea.

Don't think it's the case with all Grounder names but now whenever we meet a new one I'm instantly wondering what they might be named from

*I must add I didn't even get Lincoln, Lexa and Tondc until I read about them online while binging the first two seasons
Have you also noticed that most (maybe all?) of their "language" is just English with a very heavy accent? I only noticed it at the beginning of this season but after noticing it, I started noticing all the time. It makes more sense I suppose, and also explains why they speak another language despite all being able to understand and speak perfect English too... which would be the case with most strong accents.

Specifically the first time I noticed it was in episode 1 of this season, when Echo is ordering the guards to bring Jaha. The subtitle says "And bring him, too" while she quite clearly says in a sort of... Caribbean accent... "And lead him in same-time". I've noticed it loads of times since .
Old 06-03-2017, 11:15 AM #61
Namaste

Namaste

I hadn't but I'll be looking out for it now

I looked it up and found this

Quote:
The language was developed for Season Two of The 100 by the linguist David J. Peterson, who also made the Game of Thrones Dothraki and Valyrian languages. He claims that Trigedasleng is an a posteriori language based on English. He also says that he got his influences by studying pidgin and creole languages, "but [he] was probably more influenced by [his] recent read of Heine and Kuteva’s The World Lexicon of Grammaticalization more than anything else.
I love the world-building that goes into creating the whole Grounder culture.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:26 PM #62
-

-

Quote:
I hadn't but I'll be looking out for it now

I looked it up and found this

I love the world-building that goes into creating the whole Grounder culture.

The two I noticed clearly from the most recent one were;

"Rangers, lock Wanheda in" for "Archers, target Wanheda"

"Cut 'im bondage off" for "Take off his chain"

Sometimes it's a lot harder to make out . Though I'm pretty sure they said "Dey dun got an alarm on" or something close to that for "someone's warned them" .
Old 07-03-2017, 07:05 PM #63
Namaste

Namaste

Got around to watching last week's episode last night.
Spoiler:

Feels like the end of an era seeing Arkadia burn to the ground Although they warned us with the season poster

I'm thinking Abby might die this season.

Really enjoying the season. Only the first couple of episodes were a bit underwhelming, it's definitely back into its groove now.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:27 AM #64
-

-

Quote:
Got around to watching last week's episode last night.
Spoiler:

Feels like the end of an era seeing Arkadia burn to the ground Although they warned us with the season poster

I'm thinking Abby might die this season.

Really enjoying the season. Only the first couple of episodes were a bit underwhelming, it's definitely back into its groove now.
Spoiler:

I'm slightly bothered by the loss of the Ark though, specifically wondering where they keep their gear / weapons / ammo. If it's all gone up in flames... I don't know if I like where that goes writing-wise... as I like how distinct Skykru are because of their access to weapons and tech. I can see them becoming more and more like other grounder groups which would be sort of boring?
Old 08-03-2017, 10:33 PM #65
Namaste

Namaste

I get what you mean but at the same time it's something I'm really interested in seeing the aftermath of and how the Arkadians cope with such a big loss.

But I definitely don't want the show to lose its sci-fi elements, the mash-up of contrasting genres is one of my favourite things about the show.

Last edited by Lostie!; 15-03-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:29 AM #66
-

-

It's not been renewed for Season 5 yet whereas all of the DC shows + Supernatural already have . Though I guess they start earlier. And the CW isn't known for cutting shows off without a conclusion. Sort of makes me wonder if they'll make S5 a final season though .
Old 09-03-2017, 11:59 AM #67
Namaste

Namaste

Riverdale has been too so I'm definitely starting to feel pessimistic about a renewal.

I've stopped watching the DC shows and Supermatural, The 100 was the only one I was waiting to hear about.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:26 PM #68
Namaste

Namaste

Renewed for season 5!!
Old 11-03-2017, 02:22 AM #69
Joel

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Olivia
BBUSA18: Tiffany
Joel

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Olivia
BBUSA18: Tiffany

I'm so relieved omg

Worried that Abby might not make to the end of this season though , hope Miller and his bf live!
Old 11-03-2017, 11:21 AM #70
Namaste

Namaste

Another fan It's so underrated on here! Yeah I'm really relieved too, it's easily one of my favourite shows.

I've been thinking the same about Abby Abby and Jaha are my top predictions for dying atm (I know a lot of people hate Jaha but he's always been one of my favourites ).

Miller and Bryan I remember when everyone thought Miller and Monty were gonna be a thing

Last edited by Lostie!; 11-03-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 26-04-2017, 09:38 PM #71
Namaste

Namaste

Finally watched the latest episode that I'd been pushing back while the show was on bloody hiatus. Extremely interested by Becca seemingly being connected to the Second Dawn. I'm in love with the theories that
Spoiler:

she's been in cryosleep all this time and is still alive (during the scene of Raven's seizure / flying dream Abby and Jackson were having a conversation in the background about Becca's Nightblood research being used on prisoners in cryosleep so I definitely see that being a subtle harbinger for an upcoming storyline). Erica Cerra's dual performance as Becca and ALIE last season was brilliant so I'll be really happy to have more of her.
Old 27-04-2017, 09:54 AM #72
-

-

Quote:
Finally watched the latest episode that I'd been pushing back while the show was on bloody hiatus. Extremely interested by Becca seemingly being connected to the Second Dawn. I'm in love with the theories that
Spoiler:

she's been in cryosleep all this time and is still alive (during the scene of Raven's seizure / flying dream Abby and Jackson were having a conversation in the background about Becca's Nightblood research being used on prisoners in cryosleep so I definitely see that being a subtle harbinger for an upcoming storyline). Erica Cerra's dual performance as Becca and ALIE last season was brilliant so I'll be really happy to have more of her.
Urgh, the CW is the worst for hiatuses. I mean yeah most traditional TV shows have them but most channels run more or less in half seasons with a longer break in the middle, MAYBE a gap of a week here and there if there's a good reason. I can handle that. But CW is bloody awful for being like... 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on, 4 weeks off .

Clear run to the finale on 24th May now though
Old 27-04-2017, 04:08 PM #73
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Urgh, the CW is the worst for hiatuses. I mean yeah most traditional TV shows have them but most channels run more or less in half seasons with a longer break in the middle, MAYBE a gap of a week here and there if there's a good reason. I can handle that. But CW is bloody awful for being like... 3 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on, 4 weeks off .

Clear run to the finale on 24th May now though
Yeah you're dead right, I don't watch the CW DC shows anymore but I remember The Flash etc being really bad for constant random breaks too. It takes you out of the groove of the storyline, I just love The 100 enough to keep coming back

Oh that's good to hear. More breaks this late in the season would be unforgivable

Last edited by Lostie!; 27-04-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 27-04-2017, 07:00 PM #74
-

-

I could make out loads of grounder-isms in that last episode... either they're making them more obvious, or I'm becoming fluent .
Old 03-05-2017, 06:09 PM #75
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
I could make out loads of grounder-isms in that last episode... either they're making them more obvious, or I'm becoming fluent .
There were always the obvious ones like Trikru, Skaikru etc but I never realised you could make out actual English in the general sentences until you pointed it out, now I'm noticing more too. Like with the Grounder version of "may we meet again" that Lincoln says before he dies - "Mebi oso na hit choda op nodotaim" - "maybe", "each other" and "another time" now stick out instantly And tbh it makes total sense for the language of the Grounders in the remnants of what were English-speaking countries to just be a broken down version of English rather than a complete new made up language.

This week is getting really good advance reviews (like being suggested as one of the show's best episodes ever) so I'm excited

Last edited by Lostie!; 03-05-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
100, e4, renewed, season