Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:50 PM #76
-

-

"Maybe also know each other another time" I would guess? I'm going to start making lists . I want to know how consistent it is...
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:36 PM #77
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
"Maybe also know each other another time" I would guess? I'm going to start making lists . I want to know how consistent it is...
Oh yeah that sounds spot on actually
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:03 AM #78
-

-

Was a brilliant episode... BUT...

Spoiler:

I am getting sort of sick of the "twists" . It was literally great up until the last 2 minutes when it was revealed that Clarke and co had "stolen" and sealed the bunker. For one, like I said, just because I'm sick of there always being a twist... the result of the conclave being respected would have been a much better ending... and also because... Clarke and Abby sealing the bunker without Kane? Not buying it. Just doesn't work. Neither does them drugging / knocking out Bellamy and dragging him in without Octavia. Not because they care all that much about Octavia, but because they know fine well that he would never accept it . Though I guess you could argue that they didn't think she would win the conclave and so are expecting to hear that she's dead anyway. Even that's sort of a stretch though. They've been setting her up for like 3 seasons as a ninja-assassin-killer, "Sky Ripper" and all that, so I don't know why they wouldn't have thought she had as decent a chance as the rest...
Old 27-05-2017, 08:39 AM #79
-

-

the season finale.

Why is The 100 so under-rated .
Old 27-05-2017, 02:56 PM #80
Namaste

Namaste

I think it's so underrated because of the early days. The first episode especially is a really bad representation of the rest of the show

But yeah, after a few episodes it became brilliant imo, definitely hugely underrated. Season 2 is one of my favourite seasons of TV ever.

As for the season 4 finale,
Spoiler:

I did like it but I wish we got more of a look at the effects of Praimfaya on those who didn't make it into the bunker. Even though they were pretty much all randoms, just seeing them in those final moments as the death wave approached I think would have been really effective. Also certain characters like Abby etc not appearing at all was awkward.

I was sure Echo was gonna die so I'm glad she didn't, I loathed her earlier in the season but she really grew on me in the last few episodes and her being part of the group who went to space is a really interesting dynamic.

Strange to think this was the first time Monty and Murphy have really interacted since they've both been around since day 1. And possibly the most unexpected budding bromance ever

Last edited by Lostie!; 27-05-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 27-05-2017, 08:31 PM #81
Namaste

Namaste

Spoiler:

Tasya Teles (Echo)
has been promoted to regular for season 5

On the opposite side,
Spoiler:

Isaiah Washington isn't returning full-time Guess he could still make appearances in a recurring capacity but he'd be the first regular to downgrade, usually people are just killed off

Last edited by Lostie!; 27-05-2017 at 08:32 PM.
Old 27-05-2017, 09:18 PM #82
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

I didn't enjoy the first half of the recent season cery much but it ended strongly. As for the above spoiler I'd guess that he dies at some point in the 6 year time jump. I imagine that there will be a lot of flashbacks early next season showing certain things that happened
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 09:44 PM #83
-

-

To be fair, I felt like Jaha was sort of shoehorned into the last season... For me his story arc pretty much ended with the destruction of the City of Light.
Old 27-05-2017, 09:58 PM #84
Joel

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Olivia
BBUSA18: Tiffany
Joel

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 6: Olivia
BBUSA18: Tiffany

Spoiler:

Are we supposed to assume Miller's boyfriend was left outside the bunker?

I enjoyed the finale, the cliffhanger made me quite excited for next season
Old 27-05-2017, 10:02 PM #85
Namaste

Namaste

Good point about Jaha actually. He's always been one of my favourite characters but he never really had much to do this season unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeol View Post
Spoiler:

Are we supposed to assume Miller's boyfriend was left outside the bunker?

I enjoyed the finale, the cliffhanger made me quite excited for next season
Bryan? He just randomly disappeared and now Miller's getting all flirty with Jackson so lord knows what happened to him
Old 28-05-2017, 08:19 AM #86
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
Bryan? He just randomly disappeared and now Miller's getting all flirty with Jackson so lord knows what happened to him
I'm pretty sure they broke up at some point . Disagreed about... some Ark political issue or other... . But yeah I don't know what happened to him after that.
Old 28-05-2017, 08:20 AM #87
-

-

Wait, was he one of the ones that Bellamy couldn't get to in time in the Black Rain? Am I imagining that?
Old 21-03-2018, 11:28 PM #88
Namaste

Namaste

Honestly I'm not sold on season 5's main storyline being a battle over the valley untouched by Praimfaya, it just sounds like a rehash of the fight over the bunker last season. Hopefully that's more of a starting point.

A lot of speculation that Octavia might assume a more villainous role this season and that second trailer just make me think that might happen.

Quote:
Wait, was he one of the ones that Bellamy couldn't get to in time in the Black Rain? Am I imagining that?
Massively late response but no I'm pretty sure that was a father and son we hadn't actually seen.

Last edited by Lostie!; 21-03-2018 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:58 PM #89
Namaste

Namaste

Renewed for Season 6!

I enjoyed the first couple of episodes of season 5.
Spoiler:

I wish they hadn't revealed ages ago that Isaiah Washington was leaving because an original character dying in the second episode would ordinary feel much more shocking than it did because of that But it was nice that they gave Jaha a heroic death after being such a wildcard over the series. As polarising as he was, he was always one of my favorites so I'll definitely miss him.

Here for Dark Octavia!

Last edited by Lostie!; 08-05-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:20 PM #90
-

-

I'm holding out until July to binge it... I should probably avoid this thread tbh
Old 08-05-2018, 09:26 PM #91
Namaste

Namaste

You're a stronger man than me
Old 01-06-2018, 12:44 PM #92
-

-

Quote:
Renewed for Season 6!

I enjoyed the first couple of episodes of season 5.
Spoiler:

I wish they hadn't revealed ages ago that Isaiah Washington was leaving because an original character dying in the second episode would ordinary feel much more shocking than it did because of that But it was nice that they gave Jaha a heroic death after being such a wildcard over the series. As polarising as he was, he was always one of my favorites so I'll definitely miss him.

Here for Dark Octavia!
Help Lostie I caved and watched the first three episodes, and every minute of all of them was amazing and now I don't know if I'm strong enough to hold out to binge the rest. I was only going to watch one, I swear .

Also
Spoiler:

I dunno who I'm spoilering this for but I'm glad you did, because I did NOT know that Washington was leaving

meaning episode two was an emotional rollercoaster . "Red Queen" is now actually up there with "Die All, Die Merrily" (the conclave) and the "Blood Must Have Blood" double as one of my favourite episodes.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:47 PM #93
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Help Lostie I caved and watched the first three episodes, and every minute of all of them was amazing and now I don't know if I'm strong enough to hold out to binge the rest. I was only going to watch one, I swear .

Also
Spoiler:

I dunno who I'm spoilering this for but I'm glad you did, because I did NOT know that Washington was leaving

meaning episode two was an emotional rollercoaster . "Red Queen" is now actually up there with "Die All, Die Merrily" (the conclave) and the "Blood Must Have Blood" double as one of my favourite episodes.

Oh I really wish I'd managed to avoid the news like you did

You've reminded me I still need to watch episodes 4 and 5 actually!
Old 03-06-2018, 12:36 PM #94
-

-

Quote:

Oh I really wish I'd managed to avoid the news like you did

You've reminded me I still need to watch episodes 4 and 5 actually!
Spoiler:

Right up until his last breath I thought Abby was going to pull some doctor miracle as usual and patch him up and then they were all like "No he's literally about to die right now" and off he went .

Literally my only gripe with the episode (and the whole season so far) is that the botanist Skykru woman won her thunderdome match when there were trained security personnel and grounders in the mix. I mean I know it sort of hinged on her being the first to go for the weapon, BUT there had been no indication that she was combat trained (and no reason she would be combat trained as a scientist) and realistically she would have been rushed in seconds and a Grounder would have won .

I have renewed my commitment to wait until the end of the season to watch the rest though. I enjoyed binging the first three episodes so much, its confirmed my theory that The 100 is best watched Netflix-style.

So instead I'm rewatching from the start
Old 03-06-2018, 12:40 PM #95
-

-

To which I have to add; the quality of the show improved so dramatically throughout season 1. Anyone who gave up in the first 5 or so episodes (where the plot is sort of directionless and the acting is questionable) has SERIOUSLY missed out here. Its almost like a totally different show once the Ark comes down and the adult characters roles are expanded.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:13 PM #96
Namaste

Namaste

Reading further up this page, it looks like you did know about him leaving but forgot in time to be surprised

And I agree actually, my binge of the first two seasons was glorious. The fast pace of the show is just further accelerated with a binge watch.

And I think the quality significantly improved as early as episode 3 with Wells' shock death and everything going full Lord of the Flies in the aftermath,but yeah it's come a long way from then too. It's a shame this show has the "typical CW teen show" reputation with people who never gave it a chance or bailed early because it's so much more. Beyond a few characters with seemingly impenetrable plot armour (which plagues almost every show tbf), it's a rare show where I really feel like the stakes are constantly high.

And of course mass tragedies like the Culling and the Mount Weather massacre that you'd expect to be averted at the last second (the latter especially because they're not gonna have the main heroine of the show be forced to commit genocide against mostly innocents... oh yes they are).

Last edited by Lostie!; 03-06-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:09 PM #97
-

-

Did I?? I wonder what else I've forgotten and will be surprised by all over again .

I actually think it's mainly the pilot episode where the production values are slightly decreased, acting isn't as good, and there are a few elements they ended up not going with (e.g. they changed Octavia's character pretty quickly, and they completely changed direction with the Mutant animals / giant snake etc... Which was for the best). Though I would say the major turning point was when and how they killed off Finn... That's the first "Oh... This is NOT One Tree Hill " moment

I also strongly suspect the focus was originally intended to just be The 100 and then they realised that audiences were loving the Ark scenes with the adult characters, so they totally switched it up, featuring those characters more and also altering the young characters to be more adult / less "teeny". And now with the time jump none of the original characters are even that young.

I mean... the title of the show has been irrelevant since season 2... Haha.
Old 23-08-2018, 01:17 PM #98
-

-

I just binged all of S5.

Beginning was good, the middle was a little slow, but the final 4 episodes were honestly brilliant. I want more already.

Season highlights;

Spoiler:

- They ATE 1/3 of the population of the bunker . Nom nom jelly cube people.

- Murphy throwing a rock into the crowd so that they would all shoot each other . I guffawed.

- The elephant in the room; Clarke's adopted daughter now has memories of doing sex with her, as Lexa. .

- Minor plothole; Clarke briefly had The Flame, so shouldn't there also be a digital copy of Clarke floating around in Madi's head? I guess it can be explained by her only being connected for like 10 minutes, but I feel like they missed a plot opportunity there. Like when she was telling Clarke what the commanders were saying, she could have had copy-Clarke seeing what real-Clarke was doing, and disagreeing with her own actions... or something... .. It would also have appeased ye olde Clexa shippers, with "a Clarke" and "a Lexa" living happily ever after together in The Flame.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 23-08-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 23-08-2018, 01:20 PM #99

I started watching recently on Netflix, I am really enjoying it! I am halfway through season 2 at the moment, I just saw the episode where the mountain men put the radiation burned girls blood through Jaspers body and she got better.
Jessica. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 02:04 PM #100
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

i'm enjoying this series a lot

i also love seeing Henry Ian Cusick (who played Desmond on Lost) in this series as well

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
100, e4, renewed, season