Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 11-07-2014, 04:38 AM #1
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Default What makes a 'great' housemate for you...

..I don't mean just in this BB but in general...for me sometimes I might choose a favourite just because they're the 'best of a bad bunch' type thing but in other series with different housemates, they're not necessarily people I would favour most so I wouldn't call them 'great' as such...with entertainment, would you prefer someone who instigates a lot of arguments etc or a great game player like Aaron..or do you favour housemates with characteristics you admire about them/similar to friend choices in real life...?...

..and which housemates..(of all time)..have you thought were great/legendary..?..
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:55 AM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):

Aaron is my idea of the perfect housemate really, a charasmatic smart and decent person who can read the rest of the house well and is not afraid to see Big Brother as a game and doesn't really demand on any gimmicks in the house to get him through and doesn't brownnose other housemates to make sure he has an easy ride and at the same time be entertaining and witty, Aaron was really in control of that house from start to finish with The Maisie and Faye storylines and the whole rivalry with Aden, Jay and Anton and then everyone hating him for the Money twist thing, the best thing the BB public have ever done is crowing him the winner and going against the grain of inoffensive fencesitters with next to no personality.

So the answer to the question for me is a good gameplayer and someone who brings comedy to the house along with entertainment, I'm not here for nice people who sit on the fence winning

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."

Last edited by Novo; 11-07-2014 at 04:56 AM.
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:59 AM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Oh and the second part I'd class Aaron, Dexter, Marcus, Kate, Nasty Nick and Coolio all legendary/Great

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."

Last edited by Novo; 11-07-2014 at 05:00 AM.
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:03 AM #4
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I agree with the gameplayer and that Aaron was the greatest of all and I think he was such an 'observer' that he took so many bits from past BB housemates and knew what would get people talking outside of the house but he did it without just taking awful/confrontational bits and wasn't nasty/spiteful etc..he's a rarity though and although they are mostly gameplayers, they're quite often not very good ones and in the absence of a good game player to support, I'm always torn with the 'hero v villain' thing because the villians can be painted as so dreadful and it's hard to support people like that...
Old 11-07-2014, 05:04 AM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Oh and the second part I'd class Aaron, Dexter, Marcus, Kate, Nasty Nick and Coolio all legendary/Great
..yep, I agree with all of those..I'd also say Siavash...
Old 11-07-2014, 05:11 AM #6

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

I've only watched one full BB prior to this one and that was the Australian 2005 one and my favourite was Tim, but I can't actually remember anything about him lol. His VT is here. Though, I think I would always go for people that I would actually like in real life, because those are the people that I find most interesting, entertaining and likable (for example, in this series people like Chris, Matthew, Christopher, Ashleigh.. Mark to some extent although I feel he's putting it on a bit and I'd probably find him too fake IRL). I like people like Chris, Matthew and Ashleigh because they are very grounded and observant, they're not gullible or easily led astray, and I find them quite funny.

It would be very unlikely I would like loud, nasty people because I don't like them IRL too. So people like Helen, Ash, Steven and Pauline I couldn't ever like because I find them fake, shallow, manipulative and too needy for approval (or disapproval) of others - they just NEED attention. People who consider 'honesty' the same as starting arguments and confrontations, hypocrites, and those with no level of depth in anything they say are not interesting to me as either people I would be friends with or like, or people that I enjoy watching on Big Brother. They just have no personality to me. And I wouldn't like people like Marlon, Jale, Danielle and even Steven to some extent here as well because they are very weak-willed and also need approval of others, but in a different way. I did hate Danielle to begin with, but I do find her somewhat amusing now because she's a mess.

In short, I normally like funny, nice, strong-minded real people. When people are arguing on this BB, the moment that Chris gets up and leaves the room is the most entertaining part of that for me. Though I think I could also like people who aren't necessarily nice, as long as they're entertaining in some way, but who knows. I should watch some previous seasons of BB to get a sense of what I like in a housemate.
mrflibble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:42 AM #7

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris

Siavash,Coolio,Marcus,Noirin,Adam..all great to me
Mrjrb2014 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags