Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Old 04-02-2002, 10:53 AM #1
Administrator

Administrator

Default Paul and Amma on \'Night Fever\' - 9/2/02

Don't forget that Paul and Amma are on this Saturday's 'Night Fever' - Channel 5 at 5 p.m. It's on earlier this Saturday, so it won't clash with Pop Idol!!

This is the write-up from the Radio Times:

Suggs hosts the celebrity karaoke show testing musical knowledge and singing and dancing skills. The panellists include Tricia Penrose, Amy Nuttall, Amma Antwi, Anna Montford, Ebony Thomas, Leslie Grantham, Mark Moraghan, Ben Freeman, Paul Clarke and Jason Hain. With music from Leo Sayer.

...... and from the Channel 5 website:

Every guy grab a girl as SUGGS goes in search of romance in a VALENTINES SPECIAL, yes it’s NIGHT FEVER ALL LOVED UP. Yes indeed love really is in the air as this humble sing-a-long show brings you a heady mix of karaoke and kissing! The celebrities serenading each other tonight include Helen’s heartthrob ‘will he won’t he’ PAUL CLARKE FROM BIG BROTHER, EMMERDALE’S BABE AMY NUTTAL and love ‘em and leave ‘em type LESLIE GRANTHAM. Plus performing romantic renditions of three of his classic is the heart fluttering LEO SAYER! Bet that ‘make you feel like dancing’!!

Keeping score are our two love expert Randy and Woody aka Trev and Simon but are they from Sweden or Salford??? You decide!

All this and it’s Sealed With A Loving Kiss

Don't miss it! What a pity Helen's not on too for a bit of with Paul.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:51 AM #2

If I do miss it there will be big trouble in the ROB household. A tense and emotional war of wills is currently being played out between myself and OH.

He wants to watch Pop Idol extra, and tape Blind Date. This cannot be allowed to happen. I have even had to admit that it's because I want to watch Paul Clarke, thus prompting the inevitable, 'sad woman, old enough to be his grandmother' comments I so expected.

He can insult me, but he will not prevail. I will never surrender!

Actually, I've just read your post properly Kaz, and find that I need not progress my offensive on OH after all. How very thoughtful of Channel 5!

Now I can post happy, smiley things..:spin 2:
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 07:21 PM #3

Perhaps we should email them to show our appreciation? I doubt very much that they've had a chance to add our addresses to their email filter yet.

I must remember to switch my tv on in time! This is all very exciting for me. The lovely Paul, with childhood heros Trev and Simon! Followed by Pop Idol.

Stuff switching my tv on in time. I must remember to video the whole thing for posterity.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 11:28 AM #4
Administrator

Administrator

PAUL CLARKE ALERT!!

Remember, folks - Paul and Amma on tonight - 5 p.m. - Channel 5!!

Videos primed and ready for action?
Old 10-02-2002, 08:39 PM #5
Administrator

Administrator

Wasn't Mr Clarke looking totally double cool and wicked in his dark suit and blue shirt? Lush!!!

No 'bum' shots, but a couple of natty twirls on the dancefloor!! He didn't sing solo (probably just as well!) but did speak to announce the result of the audience karaoke competition.

It was good to see him and Amma getting on so well (Amma looking stunning in a short red leather skirt). It's just a pity it wasn't Helen he was dancing with - that would have made a perfect Valentines show.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:54 AM #6

Well, I seem to have mastered the video, so I'll be watching it this evening. I'm very much looking forward to it.
Old 12-02-2002, 10:50 AM #7

Yes, my videoing skills are on the up, and I had the enormous pleasure of watching this last night. I even rewound a couple of bits for closer inspection.

I must agree that Mr Clarke's loveliness and general lushness was in full flow. Twas a shame he can't sing, and that he hardly got to speak. Sigh. I must also grudgingly acknowledge Amma has a fantastic pair of pins. Something the camera man also seemed to be fully aware of.

In spite of this, I find it quite sad watching Night Fever. It would be a great, fun supplement to a proper tv career for Paul (well for me really), but in itself, it's just a big tease.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amma, fever, night, paul