Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 13-08-2014, 03:45 PM #26
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Exactly Jessica, I agree with all that and you bring up a good point, the public had no choice but to evict a woman first because there was only women up

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 03:53 PM #27

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Favourites (more):

Yep, great points and I agree with all of it as well. Also the only sexism that I see is all the generalisations being made about female voters (and some towards male voters, but not as much) and females in general. Gender is irrelevant to me when I judge a person, I judge them as people. And tbh, I'm not sure why anyone would be jealous of Tamara so I'm pretty sure she was evicted for all the right reasons.

BB17: Andy | BB16: Joel | BB15: Chris | BB14: Dexter/Gina | BB13: Adam/Luke A | BB12: Harry | BB11: -- | BB10: -- | BB9: -- | BB8: Brian | BB7: Pete | BB6: Derek | BB5: Daniel | BB4: Jon | BB3: Sandy | BB2: Brian | BB1: Anna
mrflibble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 03:54 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflibble View Post
Yep, great points and I agree with all of it as well. Also the only sexism that I see is all the generalisations being made about female voters (and some towards male voters, but not as much) and females in general. Gender is irrelevant to me when I judge a person, I judge them as people. And tbh, I'm not sure why anyone would be jealous of Tamara so I'm pretty sure she was evicted for all the right reasons.
Great post.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 03:57 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
You're making a really huge generalisation. I know men are way more likely to win the show and women are always evicted first, of course there is sexism in BB voting/BB housemate selection. However, the current favourite to win is a young, absolutely beautiful female, who has shown a lot of intelligence in the house. How does your argument stand up? Is it only men voting for her this time, since women are so vacuous, envious and irrational that they couldn't possibly look beyond their own value to men compared to a housemate's when voting for their winner?

I'm sorry I seemed to be just insulting women, but I've been watching BB on and off since it started 14/15 yrs ago and I've read so many comments over the years praising the men an hating the women that I just get the impression that women are really not that bothered about other women and that it's all about men for them because they -usually- don't have a good word to say about female hm's but come out with excuse after excuse why this (male) hm or that (male) hm did/said what he did.

Women get booed/judged negatively before they've even got in the house, men get cheered, also, remember CBB? Jim Davison won! he's famous for his right-wing,racist,sexist,homophobic jokes and his attitude towards women leaves a lot to be desired, but he won.

As for Ashleigh, I think it depends on which forum you look in terms of her chances of winning, and read on this very forum her being slagged of for swearing etc-they all suggest "good girls" don't act like that. And I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch; pav could well surprise people, remember he beat both hm he came in with; both female throw out for silly reasons-1 for being silly with winston who didn't do much to stop her, and 1 because of a comment.

Emma said early on in the show women don't like strong women. Why is that? don't women feel strong themselves? surely they do, so why don't they like it in other women?.

Women are mostly the ones who vote, this year probably won't be any different, so if Ashleigh wins she'll not only have been really lucky to have won against a house full of men, people will say she "only won because of the calibre of men this year".
Speedster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:00 PM #30
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
I'm sorry I seemed to be just insulting women, but I've been watching BB on and off since it started 14/15 yrs ago and I've read so many comments over the years praising the men an hating the women that I just get the impression that women are really not that bothered about other women and that it's all about men for them because they -usually- don't have a good word to say about female hm's but come out with excuse after excuse why this (male) hm or that (male) hm did/said what he did.

Women get booed/judged negatively before they've even got in the house, men get cheered, also, remember CBB? Jim Davison won! he's famous for his right-wing,racist,sexist,homophobic jokes and his attitude towards women leaves a lot to be desired, but he won.

As for Ashleigh, I think it depends on which forum you look in terms of her chances of winning, and read on this very forum her being slagged of for swearing etc-they all suggest "good girls" don't act like that. And I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch; pav could well surprise people, remember he beat both hm he came in with; both female throw out for silly reasons-1 for being silly with winston who didn't do much to stop her, and 1 because of a comment.

Emma said early on in the show women don't like strong women. Why is that? don't women feel strong themselves? surely they do, so why don't they like it in other women?.

Women are mostly the ones who vote, this year probably won't be any different, so if Ashleigh wins she'll not only have been really lucky to have won against a house full of men, people will say she "only won because of the calibre of men this year".
Yeah the two forum favourites aren't strong women, eh?

if Ashleigh wins she'll not only have been really lucky to have won against a house full of men, people will say she "only won because of the calibre of men this year"

What? Who on earth is going to say that? lmao I have never in all my years watching Big Brother heard anyone say that about any of the female winners

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:05 PM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I do like strong women, which is why I like Ashleigh. I don't really think any of the other female housemates this year were strong women.

I really don't think it's female voters and such that's the problem, it's the selection of housemates. If they choose bitchy women and laidback guys, it's clear where most of the love will lie.

BB17: Andy | BB16: Joel | BB15: Chris | BB14: Dexter/Gina | BB13: Adam/Luke A | BB12: Harry | BB11: -- | BB10: -- | BB9: -- | BB8: Brian | BB7: Pete | BB6: Derek | BB5: Daniel | BB4: Jon | BB3: Sandy | BB2: Brian | BB1: Anna
mrflibble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:07 PM #32
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Nah, she would have been a Helen´s sidekick instead of Ash and her main bitching buddy and the main showmance´s (Wamara or Tamaron) other half instead of Steverly.

Not something i want to necessarily see.

Last edited by Calderyon; 13-08-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 04:13 PM #33

Quote:

I agree that there are certainly some voters who do judge housemates based on their gender. Some posts on here drive me mad when they're riddled with double standards for male and female housemates.

I wouldn't say that just women don't like strong women, but some people of both genders don't like strong women. It's drummed into society as a whole that strong women are bossy and aggressive, and this was particularly a problem this year with the "power trip" theme, I think.

I do believe that female vs. male housemate selection every year plays some part in the male bias. Out of the 10 female housemates this year, four of them have worked in the sex industry, compared to zero of the men. I feel that this pitches the women as eye candy, and portrays an (unfair) perception of them to the public before the show has even begun.

Just to make clear, I acknowledge that there is often sexism against males too, this is just a female sexism based thread. For example, Pauline (older female) grinding on Steven was laughed at, and telling Winston to stay away from Kim in the shower was considering motherly (and also annoying, but never creepy), while Chris (older male) being friends with Ashleigh and talking to Pav about staring at her is creepy and perverted.
jessicadanielle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, house, longer, lot, stayed, tamara