Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 13-08-2014, 09:12 AM #1
You know my methods

You know my methods

Default "This nonsense about Ashleigh is as bad as Helen......."

I have stolen this thread from another fan site but would welcome opinions as it is good copy

"Have I been transported to some parallel universe? Helen has showed her true disgusting and vile personality on so many occasions throughout the series and has had run-ins with many different housemates. Ashleigh has never became one of Helen's gang, hence why she is a target for Helen..........everyone who doesn't conform to Helen's way of thinking becomes a target, at one stage or another.

"Virtually all Ashleigh's serious issues in the house have been with Helen or stemmed from Helen and her cronies. She hasn't called people a "disease", said they look "sick" as another means to belittle them, called someone a "slug" and then named them "slugsworth" due to their physical appearance, Ashleigh hasn't bullied someone as Helen has at times with Christopher - not only with some of the above but with her constant picking on him, questioning his intelligence, laughing and chortling with her clique in his face etc., all very disturbing. Ashleigh hasn't had multiple warnings from big brother, including a formal warning for her behaviour. I could go on.........

If you don't like Ashleigh, fine. But to hear some say she is as bad or WORSE than Helen is completely insane for anyone who has watched this show from the start to actually think that.........seriously, unbelievable. I can understand those who want Christopher to win, for instance. Yeah, he's a bit of a strange fish but a decent fella who has stood up for himself when needs be. He would be a worthy winner.

It's a TV show. £100k is up for the winner. Helen is only here because she got the free pass and now with some twisted logic certain people are championing her to win!! This won't happen but it says a lot about anyone who wishes this to be the outcome.

This isn't some pro-Ashleigh thread. It's more about some of the completely wacky comparisons with Helen and horrible hyperbole directed at Ashleigh by some posters on here - they must be trolling considering some of the nonsense I have read."
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 09:27 AM #2
-

-

To be fair... it's the internet - the deepest, darkest depths of hyperbole - and also it's Big Brother which seems to inspire various forms of temporary insanity. Usually completely reasonable and thoughtful people flying completely off the handle, etc.

I remember exactly the same happening last year - some of the things that people were coming out with about Hazel, for example, were so over the top that it got quite deranged at times.

For example, as much as I agree that Helen is brash and a bit of a bully, and that it IS ridiculous to claim that Ashleigh is "as bad" (although as I;ve been saying for weeks, they are essentially quite similar people, as Ash and Christopher picked up on in last night's HL)...a lot of what's been said about Helen is completely over the top, too. "Vile", and what not. She's said some horrible things and can't control her temper, but I'll be honest and say that I've called people a lot worse than "slugsworth" when I was a teenager, and completely undeservedly. I know that she's NOT a teenager, but what she essentially is, is just very immature and poorly educated. Not the heaving pus spewing spawn of satan. There have been worse BB housemates. Some of them celebrated. On here. Like Dexter and Gina .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 09:32 AM #3
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Good read LT. I agree for the most part with TS. Like this whole thing about Ashleigh being the devil because she bitched about Helen with her friend when she thought she'd been evicted, I will hold my hands up and say I know I would do that with my friend if I were in her situation, wouldn't most people? She didn't like the girl, they had numerous rows of course she's going to speak about her, there's no love lost on either side of this

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 09:39 AM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

To even compare Ashleigh in a negative way to Helen is just beyond ridiculous!
That post says it perfectly.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 11:12 AM #5

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
I have stolen this thread from another fan site but would welcome opinions as it is good copy

"Have I been transported to some parallel universe? Helen has showed her true disgusting and vile personality on so many occasions throughout the series and has had run-ins with many different housemates. Ashleigh has never became one of Helen's gang, hence why she is a target for Helen..........everyone who doesn't conform to Helen's way of thinking becomes a target, at one stage or another.

"Virtually all Ashleigh's serious issues in the house have been with Helen or stemmed from Helen and her cronies. She hasn't called people a "disease", said they look "sick" as another means to belittle them, called someone a "slug" and then named them "slugsworth" due to their physical appearance, Ashleigh hasn't bullied someone as Helen has at times with Christopher - not only with some of the above but with her constant picking on him, questioning his intelligence, laughing and chortling with her clique in his face etc., all very disturbing. Ashleigh hasn't had multiple warnings from big brother, including a formal warning for her behaviour. I could go on.........

If you don't like Ashleigh, fine. But to hear some say she is as bad or WORSE than Helen is completely insane for anyone who has watched this show from the start to actually think that.........seriously, unbelievable. I can understand those who want Christopher to win, for instance. Yeah, he's a bit of a strange fish but a decent fella who has stood up for himself when needs be. He would be a worthy winner.

It's a TV show. £100k is up for the winner. Helen is only here because she got the free pass and now with some twisted logic certain people are championing her to win!! This won't happen but it says a lot about anyone who wishes this to be the outcome.

This isn't some pro-Ashleigh thread. It's more about some of the completely wacky comparisons with Helen and horrible hyperbole directed at Ashleigh by some posters on here - they must be trolling considering some of the nonsense I have read."
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ashleigh