Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 15-08-2014, 11:20 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Default This series made a mockery of the the concept of this show

I think Helen winning was the perfect ending to this series tbh.While i congratulate Helens fans for voting her to win and getting the result they wanted,The end result reflected what a terrible series this actually was.
The pass to the final was like ridiculous joke whoever would have got it.
The amount of meddling with nomminations made this more like a TOWIEesque drama than 'reality',The power being taken away from the voters.
The housemates being tipped off as to how they're doing in the show at every opportunity during tasks goes against everything that BB is about.
Ex house mates going in for tasks and parties and feeding information to them should not be allowed.
Discussing nominations with no punishments.
The awful editing and bias week in week out.
It's little wonder Emma's getting visibly pissed off with what's happened to Big Brother and seems dumb founded and embarrassed tonight,She is too good a presenter to be mixed up in this shambles.
Helen was the perfect winner for this series as the result highlighted what a joke it has been.It seems we now have a spoof or parody of BB.
I am glad Helen won in hindsight,Maybe in future series',Idiotic ideas like a pass to the final will be left on the cutting room floor and forgotten about.
Just my thoughts on this series but congrats to the people who got a good result,I mean that
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 11:29 PM #2

I thought the pass was completely pointless because if the pass was given to someone who would have never got to the final on their own anyway there was no chance they'd win. Clearly I was wrong!
It must be a bittersweet win for Helen. She'll always know that she only won because she had that pass. I'm sure the 100k will heal the wounds though
jessicadanielle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 11:35 PM #3

Pass or not, Helen won because she got more votes than the others.
puzzled is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 11:36 PM #4

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzled View Post
The campaign for Helen to win would not have been able to stop her from being evicted earlier on, and I doubt she had the support who helped her to win tonight in week 1 or 2.
Cal. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 11:37 PM #5

Quote:
Of course, but Tamara, for example, could have been given the pass and Helen would have been out instead of her. Everyone would still hate her and be glad to see the back of her. Just funny how much it changed the series
jessicadanielle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 11:41 PM #6

It was a total mockery. It wasn't a true win. Helen never faced 'eviction'...she never faced 'vote to evict' only vote to win. Rylan saying this is the first week you faced eviction wasn't true. Vote to win is completely different had it been vote to evict she would not have won.
The whole meddling with shown footage was biased against certain housemates...ex housemates getting involved showed complete bias..Danielle's eviction was unfair...it was a complete farce on the concept of Big Brother so the winner wasn't worthy or a true reflection on the outcome.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2014, 11:45 PM #7
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
You don't know that to be 100% sure, they could have told us a lie. We'll never find out.

And an independent adjudicator could quite easily be payed off to keep quiet. And we'd never find out/
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 12:00 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
I thought the pass was completely pointless because if the pass was given to someone who would have never got to the final on their own anyway there was no chance they'd win. Clearly I was wrong!
It must be a bittersweet win for Helen. She'll always know that she only won because she had that pass. I'm sure the 100k will heal the wounds though
I agree with you totally Jessica! [makes a change huh. lol]...Though I am pleased that Helen eventually conquered Ashleigh...I was, and am still totally against BB interference in the natural outcome of the contest, and believe that Helen would have been out in the first eviction! ....This may sound contradictory, but it isn't really,...you see for the first five or so weeks, I was as against Helen as anyone...but her personality and my deeper looking into her true character , slowly won me over, bit by bit until she ranked alongside St. Christopher for me...and ultimately I wanted her to finish second behind Christopher.
....But having said that...I still would not be in agreement with Helen's [or anyone's] pass to the final...because who knows how much better it would have been without Helen!?...Perhaps Christopher would have won?...without Helen, Ashleigh might have been too confident and exposed even more of her evil-plotting-side? lol. ...perhaps Loony-Danielle [one of my other faves] wouldn't have been turfed out?...etc!
....In short...No matter of tonight's result..I would much prefer a natural run without the artificial manipulation from BB!

Good job it's Big Brother!........Big Sister would be Evil!
Lex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 12:02 AM #9
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

Found it funny tbh

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 07:15 AM #10

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballPaul View Post
I think Helen winning was the perfect ending to this series tbh.While i congratulate Helens fans for voting her to win and getting the result they wanted,The end result reflected what a terrible series this actually was.
The amount of meddling with nomminations made this more like a TOWIEesque drama than 'reality',The power being taken away from the voters.
The housemates being tipped off as to how they're doing in the show at every opportunity during tasks goes against everything that BB is about.
Ex house mates going in for tasks and parties and feeding information to them should not be allowed.
It's little wonder Emma's getting visibly pissed off with what's happened to Big Brother and seems dumb founded and embarrassed tonight,She is too good a presenter to be mixed up in this shambles.
Helen was the perfect winner for this series as the result highlighted what a joke it has been.It seems we now have a spoof or parody of BB.
I am glad Helen won in hindsight,Maybe in future series',Idiotic ideas like a pass to the final will be left on the cutting room floor and forgotten about.
Just my thoughts on this series but congrats to the people who got a good result,I mean that
Totally agree... Been saying this for ten weeks.

Ps. With hindsight I'm also glad Helen won as reinforces the complete shambles that was BB15.

Old 16-08-2014, 07:45 AM #11

Quote:

No, the pass to the final showed the intrinsic weakness of the show, people like Helen should be allowed to flourish and go on a journey and under normal rules this wold never happen. She would have been out in the first one or two weeks.

I would champion a change in format, there is way too much interference from BB the only year in the series of the history of BB where a group where allowed to form a pact and strategically block vote others out and that group would watch each others backs, was the year Victor was in it and he should have won.

But there is an inherent weakness to the show where the strongest characters are voted out by the public and his shouldn't be allowed, We don't want to see blandness, we don't want to see boring, we don't want to see arguing for argument's sake (Christopher). Interesting conversation, yes, but how many of the victim's group offered us an alternative when they withdrew themselves? Exactly, all they did was screw their faces up and criticise.

I am not sure how you would change the format to have the most interesting remain in the house but that is what it needs, in my humble opinion.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 08:05 AM #12

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Quote:
Completely agree! I think that's why i gave up caring
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 08:08 AM #13

billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 08:22 AM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
No, the pass to the final showed the intrinsic weakness of the show, people like Helen should be allowed to flourish and go on a journey and under normal rules this wold never happen. She would have been out in the first one or two weeks.

I would champion a change in format, there is way too much interference from BB the only year in the series of the history of BB where a group where allowed to form a pact and strategically block vote others out and that group would watch each others backs, was the year Victor was in it and he should have won.

But there is an inherent weakness to the show where the strongest characters are voted out by the public and his shouldn't be allowed, We don't want to see blandness, we don't want to see boring, we don't want to see arguing for argument's sake (Christopher). Interesting conversation, yes, but how many of the victim's group offered us an alternative when they withdrew themselves? Exactly, all they did was screw their faces up and criticise.

I am not sure how you would change the format to have the most interesting remain in the house but that is what it needs, in my humble opinion.
You make a good point and that is what the producers did this year,They kept an interesting housemate in.However,This is'nt Big Brother anymore,Even the choice of contestants was suspect,Almost if not all of them have danced in media circles or been on TV before.I want to see what happens when people with no media connections who have'nt been coached go in there,With NO outside contact and proper nomminations where the public have the power to vote out each nomminee each week.A twist should really be a twist and happen infrequently enough to make it so,At the moment it is a twist when they actually get to nomminate someone and the public vote them out.This is as i said in the OP a BB spoof imo.
Old 16-08-2014, 10:09 AM #15

The only way I could tolerate it this year is by accepting that it was not Big Brother.
Paid no resemblance to the show. Even the absolute basics were not there. No ordinary housemates. No isolation. I could go on.
The show must think we don't want to see a bunch of ordinary people, completely isolated, making bread and feeding chickens. They could be right. But this years format...and the increasing distortions over the years....absolutely stinks.

Last edited by Chuckyegg; 16-08-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Chuckyegg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 10:20 AM #16
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyegg View Post
The only way I could tolerate it this year is by accepting that it was not Big Brother.
Paid no resemblance to the show. Even the absolute basics were not there. No ordinary housemates. No isolation. I could go on.
The show must think we don't want to see a bunch of ordinary people, completely isolated, making bread and feeding chickens. They could be right. But this years format...and the increasing distortions over the years....absolutely stinks.
Marjorie the chicken from bb1 had more personality and a bigger fan base then most channel 5 housemates.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 10:25 AM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannashag View Post
Marjorie the chicken from bb1 had more personality and a bigger fan base then most channel 5 housemates.
True.lol.Nice Avatar pic btw.I have a guitar just like that,Although mine's not a vintage like Kieths probably is.
Old 16-08-2014, 10:35 AM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post

Ps. With hindsight I'm also glad Helen won as reinforces the complete shambles that was BB15.

Well said a complete shambles so yes I guess Helen did deserve to win unfairly.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 10:37 AM #19

Helen winning sends such a shocking message that being a bully can be rewarded and the same with ash. I think the general public just stopped caring about the show in a serious way because of the lack of control and manipulation. The people who voted Helen I hope when their children are bullied at school don't start crying about it when they are complicit in the society they have created. A piss poor result and reflects a lost society with no morals .

Last edited by Yoshi888; 16-08-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Yoshi888 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 11:06 AM #20
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

The general public are dreadful aren't they! Lol!
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 11:08 AM #21
Big Brother Addict

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Paul
BB17: Jason
Big Brother Addict

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Paul
BB17: Jason

This year has been a memorable low for BB.
Razor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 11:10 AM #22
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi888 View Post
Helen winning sends such a shocking message that being a bully can be rewarded and the same with ash. I think the general public just stopped caring about the show in a serious way because of the lack of control and manipulation. The people who voted Helen I hope when their children are bullied at school don't start crying about it when they are complicit in the society they have created. A piss poor result and reflects a lost society with no morals .
Said this before and I'll say it again. If I thought Helen was a bully there would be no way in hell I would vote for her. I hate bullies, detest them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
The general public are dreadful aren't they! Lol!
Thankyoux

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 11:15 AM #23

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi888 View Post

Come off it Yoshi. Its behaving like a victim that turned people against Ashleigh in the first place.
Behaving like a bitch and mouthing off and then when confronted grabbing the baby bear and acting all upset is what lost her the £100,000 most people aren't daft enough to fall for that.
Dont think for a second continuing to try and portray Ashleigh as the victim now she lost will be any more succesful than it was while the show was still running.

OOOOOOOOO think of the children ownly 18 an a harrf

Last edited by billy123; 16-08-2014 at 11:22 AM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 12:16 PM #24

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post

I agree in hindsight. Helen WAS a suitable winner for the shambles that was BB15.
The awful thing is, many of the voting public bought into it.
....but going by the amount of venom, abuse and name calling of a young girl not long out of school (*******igh, skank, etc etc etc by much older people who should know better, it isn't that surprising in the end that Helen took the win. Calling a teenager names with no basis for the names and mocking their appearance is just childish and cruel, but like attracts like. Helen loved doing that too, she admitted herself that she liked being nasty.
The viewers got the winner they deserved and she will be known as the worst winner of the worst series ever.
There might be worse to come in the future, but I won't know as I wont' be watching.

I'm not 'avin it.

Last edited by jet; 16-08-2014 at 12:37 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 12:35 PM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post

Come off it Yoshi. Its behaving like a victim that turned people against Ashleigh in the first place.
Behaving like a bitch and mouthing off and then when confronted grabbing the baby bear and acting all upset is what lost her the £100,000 most people aren't daft enough to fall for that.
Dont think for a second continuing to try and portray Ashleigh as the victim now she lost will be any more succesful than it was while the show was still running.

OOOOOOOOO think of the children ownly 18 an a harrf

Ashleigh never once portrayed herself as a victim. She never once went to the DR and cried 'why me' - unlike Helen who cried like a baby for sympathy (and it worked!)

In case you haven't noticed that was the reason Ashleigh was admired by so many - she DIDN'T play the weakling and was the only one who didn't suck around Helen to stop themselves getting bashed. She was a strong, resolute HM who didn't play the poor me card when things didn't go their way, unlike Helen.
Maybe you missed BOTS episodes where many of the guests said Ashleigh was a stronger person than Helen and that she never went into victim mode.
Do you even think things through when you watch BB?
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
concept, made, mockery, series, show