Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 23-08-2014, 08:55 AM #1
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Default Why can't we blame Leslie?

Leslie had a get out of jail card when James offered to go out but he totally ignored him and chose Gary, at least with Frenchy he asked her "will you go"? with Gary he just wanted him out there, no compassion, no kindness (his favourite word), so yes I can blame Leslie! odious man.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 08:57 AM #2

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
X Factor 2014: Lauren Platt

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
X Factor 2014: Lauren Platt

Aw, bless. It's a game and Leslie played it wrong.
Old 23-08-2014, 09:03 AM #3
Will.

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
CBB20: Brandi Glanville

Will.

Favourites (more):

Imagine being in his situation, Im pretty sure he must have not heard James due to panicking, he had hardly anytime to think and probably just didt know what to do! Plus BB hardly mentioned the least entertaining thing.

Last edited by Will.; 23-08-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Will. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 09:08 AM #4
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willbrick1999 View Post
Imagine being in his situation, Im pretty sure he must have not heard James due to panicking, he had hardly anytime to think and probably just didt know what to do! Plus BB hardly mentioned the least entertaining thing.
He is all about the kindness though and being nice etc, Gary was trying to tell him about the compound fracture in his back and he just ignored him! He was never going to be swayed from Gary no matter how much time he was given.
Old 23-08-2014, 09:08 AM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..he did ask Frenchie but she said no and he ignored her as well..I do think these decisions are made so quickly and maybe not always taking in what other housemates are saying...?...but I'm sure that the fact that he's had issues/altercations with Gary and Frenchie did have a big play in his choice as well....so yeah, he can be 'blamed' I think but not vilified for his choice...I'm not saying that anyone here is but I just can't see many making a different choice than he did if they also had altercations with two housemates just before they were asked to make the choice....I think maybe only Audley may have....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 09:09 AM #6
Will.

Favourites (more):

Will.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
He is all about the kindness though and being nice etc, Gary was trying to tell him about the compound fracture in his back and he just ignored him! He was never going to be swayed from Gary no matter how much time he was given.
I still don't get why he couldn't sleep outside, is because the matress wont be soft enough or something.
Old 23-08-2014, 09:12 AM #7

Quote:
I still don't get why he couldn't sleep outside, is because the matress wont be soft enough or something.
Maybe. Or maybe his back would cease up in the cold? Bit of both?
jessicadanielle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 09:14 AM #8
Will.

Favourites (more):

Will.

Favourites (more):

[QUOTE=jessicadanielle;7198618]Maybe. Or maybe his back would cease up in the cold? Bit of both?[/]

yeah strange! maybe he just uses as a excuse when he perfectly good to sleep outside!
Old 23-08-2014, 09:14 AM #9
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Did you see live feed Will? there was no bed, they had to sit up on a chaise lounge?
Old 23-08-2014, 09:15 AM #10

Quote:
to be fair, he did hear James and Audley, because he said clearly NO, not you two.. I couldn't do it....

Im sorry but it is a game. Whoever was chosen last night to be SOTS would not have sat there and though who do I think is the least entertaining... it would have been right.. who is getting on my tits.... it's human nature to do that.. They are all there to play the game, all signed up for the same thing, no special treatment, it's tough.
FlippingEck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 09:15 AM #11
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..he did ask Frenchie but she said no and he ignored her as well..I do think these decisions are made so quickly and maybe not always taking in what other housemates are saying...?...but I'm sure that the fact that he's had issues/altercations with Gary and Frenchie did have a big play in his choice as well....so yeah, he can be 'blamed' I think but not vilified for his choice...I'm not saying that anyone here is but I just can't see many making a different choice than he did if they also had altercations with two housemates just before they were asked to make the choice....I think maybe only Audley may have....
I do think he can be vilified, he kept going on about people being kind, but it only applies to people being kind TO HIM, not HIM being kind to others
Old 23-08-2014, 09:17 AM #12
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

.. may have back problems/joint problems or something..?...and it would irritate it in the sleeping position he would be in...hopefully BB will show why he didn't stay there..but I think for me the 'blame' is more with BB for designing a task that wasn't appropriate for all housemates...
Old 23-08-2014, 09:19 AM #13
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
.. may have back problems/joint problems or something..?...and it would irritate it in the sleeping position he would be in...hopefully BB will show why he didn't stay there..but I think for me the 'blame' is more with BB for designing a task that wasn't appropriate for all housemates...
Gary told Leslie he had a compound fracture of his back Ammi, and he was still chosen, what tipped it for me was Leslie saying to him afterwards you should go if you can't do it, you need to leave or similar, Leslie wants him out he doesn't like playing second fiddle with his Emmy to Gary's Oscar.
Old 23-08-2014, 09:20 AM #14
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
I do think he can be vilified, he kept going on about people being kind, but it only applies to people being kind TO HIM, not HIM being kind to others
..yeah I do understand what you're saying Cherie but I just don't think many would have chosen differently given the recent altercations and issues they'd had so I would have to 'vilify' them all to be fair about it.....maybe one or two would but not many I don't feel...I do think the people to be 'vilified' are BB as they set up these situations and they would know if a housemates shouldn't participate for health reasons...
Old 23-08-2014, 09:21 AM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiphillips View Post
Aw, bless. It's a game and Leslie played it wrong.
We know it is a game but at the moment it is a nasty game and how long has it been going? Leslie has shown himself to be a nasty little squirt and he has the others in his little finger. James began it, Leslie carries it on and the others are like sheep. As I said, it is a nasty game, conquer and divide and take no prisoners.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 09:21 AM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Gary told Leslie he had a compound fracture of his back Ammi, and he was still chosen, what tipped it for me was Leslie saying to him afterwards you should go if you can't do it, you need to leave or similar, Leslie wants him out he doesn't like playing second fiddle with his Emmy to Gary's Oscar.
..I'm not sure it's Oscar related, I think that Leslie just hasn't 'forgiven and forgotten' the recent issues...but do these housemates ever even when they say they do..?.....
Old 23-08-2014, 09:22 AM #17

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:
Exactly. What he did was incredibly unkind considering he had James and David volunteering to take Gary's place.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 09:25 AM #18

Quote:
Are you always kind to people you find irritating, hurtful, rude and offensive?
Old 23-08-2014, 09:30 AM #19
Will.

Favourites (more):

Will.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Did you see live feed Will? there was no bed, they had to sit up on a chaise lounge?
There quite comfortable, I've slept on one before and have night epilepsy. The only reason I can see why he refused if he had epilepsy and if you have a fit and fall off then you could potentially die! That's why I have to sleep in a double bed. But maybe if he fell off his back would be messed up.

Last edited by Will.; 23-08-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 23-08-2014, 09:30 AM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippingEck View Post
to be fair, he did hear James and Audley, because he said clearly NO, not you two.. I couldn't do it....

Im sorry but it is a game. Whoever was chosen last night to be SOTS would not have sat there and though who do I think is the least entertaining... it would have been right.. who is getting on my tits.... it's human nature to do that.. They are all there to play the game, all signed up for the same thing, no special treatment, it's tough.
Special treatment has been given to many of the CBB inmates in past series. Many have been allowed not to take part in tasks because of medical conditions. As these celebs have been sought after by producers or the powers that be, then they should have a code of care.

They like to mix the ages, they know a HMs background. If celebrities with medical conditions are not allowed to take part, then we the viewer will lose out. Many are now elderly with troubles but we enjoy their input and their tales of famous people.

For once in their life they have done the right thing and brought Gary in, I have no doubt though that he will get a lot of flack from the other ignorant HMs. Heaven help them when they get old and have a lot of troubles. What goes around comes around, it may take a while but..............

Let Leslie have his moment, his ego is great but his fall will hurt......
Old 23-08-2014, 09:32 AM #21

Quote:
A compound fracture of his back? Hmmm really??? Im no medic but Im pretty sure if he;d have had a compound fracture of his back, that would have almost certainly led to total paralysis..

Oh and Busey was NOMINATED in 1978 for an Oscar.. he didn't win one.. He hasn't won an award since 1980 which was the bafta for the buddy holly story.. Leslie Jordan however won the Primetime Emmy for W&G in 2006.. I doubt Leslie feels intimidated by Busey's massive haul of awards..
Old 23-08-2014, 09:33 AM #22

Quote:
There quite comfortable, I've slept on one before and have night epilepsy. The only eras on I can see why he refused if he had epilepsy and if you have a fit and fall of then you could potentially die! That's why I have to sleep in a double bed.
I have RA and if I am not able to sleep in the right position, I suffer. Gary most likely has some form of arthritus as I believe he had extensive surgery.
Old 23-08-2014, 09:34 AM #23
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
Special treatment has been given to many of the CBB inmates in past series. Many have been allowed not to take part in tasks because of medical conditions. As these celebs have been sought after by producers or the powers that be, then they should have a code of care.

They like to mix the ages, they know a HMs background. If celebrities with medical conditions are not allowed to take part, then we the viewer will lose out. Many are now elderly with troubles but we enjoy their input and their tales of famous people.

For once in their life they have done the right thing and brought Gary in, I have no doubt though that he will get a lot of flack from the other ignorant HMs. Heaven help them when they get old and have a lot of troubles. What goes around comes around, it may take a while but..............

Let Leslie have his moment, his ego is great but his fall will hurt......

..maybe criticism from viewers as well..?..I do think it's great to have varied age housemates and this is a good housemix but I also think that tasks should be designed to fit all so none need to feel 'exempt' in any way...
Old 23-08-2014, 09:35 AM #24
Will.

Favourites (more):

Will.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
I have RA and if I am not able to sleep in the right position, I suffer. Gary most likely has some form of arthritus as I believe he had extensive surgery.
Yes probably but he kept saying he has brain surgery, but is that an excuse or maybe if he hit his head it could cause serious damage, I would like to see his medical report.

Last edited by Will.; 23-08-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 23-08-2014, 09:38 AM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippingEck View Post
A compound fracture of his back? Hmmm really??? Im no medic but Im pretty sure if he;d have had a compound fracture of his back, that would have almost certainly led to total paralysis..
If the fracture is due to osteoporosis (not uncommon in the elderly) then often they'll be no spinal cord involvement - so no paralysis.

Last edited by Tip; 23-08-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
blame, leslie