Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 23-08-2014, 10:48 PM #1

Default The Kellie trans v gays conundrum

It's got to be a humdinger for PC crowd. Decisions, decisions, which LGBT pack do you follow: camp misogynist guy Leslie or new nemesis trans "Kellie" who reiterated her homophobia in her outburst against misogynist Leslie (I previously pointed out Kellie as Frank 10 years ago as Ukip London mayor candidate stated several homophobic comments to which trans fan girls notedthat trans and gays love each other under a big pink LGBT umbella....WRONG). Looks like 'our Kellie' is still homophobic. Wondrr if the fan girls will blame hormones, even though Kellie had a while to digest the Scrap Heap decision.

So PC folk, are you #team transgender with Kellie or #team gay with Leslie?

Last edited by alex_front2; 23-08-2014 at 10:51 PM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 10:52 PM #2

Leslie apologised for the words he used towards Frenchy and was upset by it.

In both cases I think it's saying things in the heat/emotion of the moment.

However in Kellie's case it does seem to go far beyond that and she's struggling to stay "in character".
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 10:59 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Leslie apologised for the words he used towards Frenchy and was upset by it.

In both cases I think it's saying things in the heat/emotion of the moment.

However in Kellie's case it does seem to go far beyond that and she's struggling to stay "in character".
I am sorry but like alot of gay men i see Leslie is misogynistic but like a wimp will be the first to scream homophobia if a woman dishes it back
Old 23-08-2014, 11:02 PM #4

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Jackie
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Jackie
BBUSA19: Jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
I am sorry but like alot of gay men i see Leslie is misogynistic but like a wimp will be the first to scream homophobia if a woman dishes it back
No wonder you're supporting Kellie, you seem homophobic yourself.
Old 23-08-2014, 11:03 PM #5
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Trans fan girls? do you realise how demeaning and offensive that is?

If people were defending racism and were brushed off as 'black people fan girls' that wouldn't be acceptable so why is this?
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 11:03 PM #6

I'm indifferent to gays.
Old 23-08-2014, 11:04 PM #7

Quote:
He's not screamed homophobia. You seem to be homophobic yourself though with that comment.

The woman didn't "dish it back" she cut up his clothes which is inexcusable.

Last edited by Marsh.; 23-08-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 11:07 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Trans fan girls? do you realise how demeaning and offensive that is?

If people were defending racism and were brushed off as 'black people fan girls' that wouldn't be acceptable so why is this?
NOPE, firstly Kellie has got fans because she's trans, if Frank had walked in cbb none of you would give two craps, Kellie and Frank are the same entity just in diffferent times. When Kellie walked in many folk, some of you all loved her because she was trans with the whole tedious "..you go, girl" stuff started. DID any of the other women get this, Claire, Edele, Lauren? Nope, Frenchie got booed.

Trans people do get patronised and popularised for the whole tedious "acceptance" bullcrap and people need to own up to this. Folk don't really support her because she was inherently interesting. At least I supported Luke A as he was anti Conor. His self pity trans speeches at start pissed me off. Now that kellie has been exposed as self pitying aggressive bore who threatens women and gays it's hilarious to see fans backtrack, make excuses or quietly jump off ship.

Last edited by alex_front2; 23-08-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 23-08-2014, 11:08 PM #9
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:
I'm indifferent to gays.
Does that mean:

a) You neither prefer or lessen a person based off of their sexuality/gender
b) You haven't got a preference whether being gay is legally allowed or not

please say a.
--

And as for the original post, what a ridiculous question. Supporting the right to express sexuality and gender identity does not mean that we prefer minorities over the societal "norm", it means only that they should be treated as equals. I am a huge supporter of the LGBT community myself, me being the G in it anyway.. but I cannot stand neither Kellie or Leslie. They both piss me off to no extent and I would have no problem with them being the first two evictees.

The majority of the time I'll put ignorance down to not knowing any better, and it's always better to provide people with experience than to bark at them and tell them they're "revolting", so I hope my reply helped you. Do respond if you have further questions.

Quote:
What planet have you been living on? All of the gay men I know support equal female rights and get very frustrated when any sexism occurs - due to being a minority themselves they know what it's like to be walked over in society and it needs to stop. Being a minority does not mean you're entitled to privelages, but it does mean that you're entitled to the same rights that a majority would have.

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

Last edited by JoshBB; 23-08-2014 at 11:11 PM.
JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 11:11 PM #10
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

NOPE we didn't 'love' her, we defended the disgusting transphobic comments she was receiving like any decent person would. I don't automatically love all trans people for that reason just like how I don't automatically love all gay people or all black people or all women. What a ridiculous assumption that I automatically love and support a housemate because they're part of a group that receives abuse, prejudice and discrimination.

I defended her but had no opinion on her as a housemate because quite frankly she'd been pretty boring and had done nothing. Please stop putting ideas into mine and others heads that simply aren't true, thanks.

Last edited by Jack_; 23-08-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:10 AM #11
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
NOPE, firstly Kellie has got fans because she's trans, if Frank had walked in cbb none of you would give two craps, Kellie and Frank are the same entity just in diffferent times. When Kellie walked in many folk, some of you all loved her because she was trans with the whole tedious "..you go, girl" stuff started. DID any of the other women get this, Claire, Edele, Lauren? Nope, Frenchie got booed.

Trans people do get patronised and popularised for the whole tedious "acceptance" bullcrap and people need to own up to this. Folk don't really support her because she was inherently interesting.
Very true.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:11 AM #12

I don't think Leslie has said anything transphobic at all, so this question makes no sense to me.

and trans has nothing to do with being gay, i've always been annoyed that trans people get lumped in with the gay rights movement. The vast majority of trans people are heterosexual.

kellie needs to check her privilege as a hetero woman. she's not gay so she has no right to make homophobic remarks. It would be like a white kid adopted by a black family thinking they could use the N word.

Leslie hasn't made any transphobic or misogynistic remarks at all. if he was arguing with a man that was a slut like frenchie, he would use the same language, so it he's not misogynistic either.

Last edited by lostalex; 24-08-2014 at 09:16 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:28 AM #13

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Okay.. so;
A: Leslie hasn't shown any form of misogyny whatsoever from what i can see, so i really don't understand where you're getting that from..
B: He also hasn't called homophobia over anything that has been said in the house, even though he has the right to after being called a 'little queen'
C: I dont like Kellie, nor do i believe that the whole Trans thing is genuine for her, but people would have said 'you go girl' because as a Trans woman, stepping out as herself in public for the first time, it took a huge amount of guts and bravery to do so, I don't personally equate that to automatic support as a character or personality on a game show, more as support for a fellow human being who is showing huge resilience through a hard time of their life.
All in all, i actually find this thread rather offensive and intensely rude

Last edited by Liam-; 24-08-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:31 AM #14

great post Liam.
Old 24-08-2014, 09:33 AM #15
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

OMG, when I read this thread my ears itch, my teeth hurt and my hair curls. Based on opinions from our resident gay FM community, nobody seems to be able to agree what or who Kellie is or is trying to aspire to be.

Hey guys....here is a radical thought.....maybe you should consider it......

1. She isn't gay
2. She has no intentions of losing the meat and 2 veg
3. She does not like being a woman
4. She has dollar signs in her eyes.
5. She is using the Kellie thing to venture on a new life
6. Frank was so spent, she needed a new angle
7. The GBP are new to this TG thing so she thought she could pull it off
8. The sympathy and emotional stuff she is peddling is so badly projected
9. She has always been camera hungry and a fame *****
10. 400k could be another great idea to go this route with more dosh for the inevitable book

I could go on and on but all of the above points at the radical thought that she might be conning everyone for reasons linked to a financial ethos.

Just throwing that out there guys because as far as I can see, the ''Thing'' she is projecting falls outside all the fancy tags you guys use these days to explain away what, how or who a persona portrays in todays modern and very confused society.

In my world if you like men, you are Homosexual, if you have feelings that extend beyond that and want to live a female existence, you are a transvestite and if you have the wedding tackle cut off, you are transgender but in all cases you are never legally, moraly or ethically a woman, you will always be a man masquerading as something else. It a lifestyle choice that I support so please don't start with the homophobic crap, its just that at 60+ I am a little too old to re educate in the modern ways of all this lable stuff, in fact I cant even remember all the different tags you use. In fact I had to look the other day when Chuff called him a transponder, to see if that was a new tag.

If my post offends I apologise, but the youngsters on here need to realise we oldies don't know any different, well some of us anyway.

Last edited by sampvt; 24-08-2014 at 09:34 AM.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:40 AM #16
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
All in all, i actually find this thread rather offensive and intensely rude
Join the conga line, it's growing at an alarming rate.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:44 AM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
OMG, when I read this thread my ears itch, my teeth hurt and my hair curls. Based on opinions from our resident gay FM community, nobody seems to be able to agree what or who Kellie is or is trying to aspire to be.

Hey guys....here is a radical thought.....maybe you should consider it......

1. She isn't gay
2. She has no intentions of losing the meat and 2 veg
3. She does not like being a woman
4. She has dollar signs in her eyes.
5. She is using the Kellie thing to venture on a new life
6. Frank was so spent, she needed a new angle
7. The GBP are new to this TG thing so she thought she could pull it off
8. The sympathy and emotional stuff she is peddling is so badly projected
9. She has always been camera hungry and a fame *****
10. 400k could be another great idea to go this route with more dosh for the inevitable book

I could go on and on but all of the above points at the radical thought that she might be conning everyone for reasons linked to a financial ethos.

Just throwing that out there guys because as far as I can see, the ''Thing'' she is projecting falls outside all the fancy tags you guys use these days to explain away what, how or who a persona portrays in todays modern and very confused society.

In my world if you like men, you are Homosexual, if you have feelings that extend beyond that and want to live a female existence, you are a transvestite and if you have the wedding tackle cut off, you are transgender but in all cases you are never legally, moraly or ethically a woman, you will always be a man masquerading as something else. It a lifestyle choice that I support so please don't start with the homophobic crap, its just that at 60+ I am a little too old to re educate in the modern ways of all this lable stuff, in fact I cant even remember all the different tags you use. In fact I had to look the other day when Chuff called him a transponder, to see if that was a new tag.

If my post offends I apologise, but the youngsters on here need to realise we oldies don't know any different, well some of us anyway.
The great thing about being a 'youngster' these days, is that if we don't understand something, we can learn about it and see how it affects other people so that we can get to know how people deal with things, or what they have to go through as a person.. No offense to any older people here, but it is never too late to learn, you may use the excuse 'i'm set in my ways' but that is your own fault, it's not the fault of others who can't help the things they are going through.. i understand the mentality of, one thing is always one thing until that thing is changed, but to still refuse to see a transgender woman as a woman even after the surgery is just ignorance, that's my opinion, it always will be and i'll make no apologies for it.
Old 24-08-2014, 09:44 AM #18

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
I don't think Leslie has said anything transphobic at all, so this question makes no sense to me.

and trans has nothing to do with being gay, i've always been annoyed that trans people get lumped in with the gay rights movement. The vast majority of trans people are heterosexual.

kellie needs to check her privilege as a hetero woman. she's not gay so she has no right to make homophobic remarks. It would be like a white kid adopted by a black family thinking they could use the N word.

Leslie hasn't made any transphobic or misogynistic remarks at all. if he was arguing with a man that was a slut like frenchie, he would use the same language, so it he's not misogynistic either.
I agree that Leslie is not Transphobic I would also give him the benefit of the doubt in how he justified his nomination of Kellie as being genuine. However he did make quite disgusting remarks about Frenchie's female genetalia which sounded quite women-hating to me, he referred to her being French in an insulting way and called her a "slut" Why should the words "stinking slut" be acceptable? It is women not men who have been labelled with such vile sexual words and oppressed historically, the fact that Gay men may tend towards using the word towards other (usually) Gay men is of no consequence, it is still misogynistic. He was of course right that she has wilfully prostituted her body,but he had no right to use the hate-filled language he did, he was not warned for his language and Kellie was, that is unfair and a typical case of BB regarding every other type of discrimination and oppression as being worse than the oldest and most extreme - that of men over women.
Nell_McCoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:44 AM #19

sampvt Im the same has you Im 60 plus too and I don't understand a lot of this so I keep my mouth shut,your post is true and a great post to read thankyou.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:44 AM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannashag View Post
Join the conga line, it's growing at an alarming rate.
I'm not quite sure what that means.. but i love a good conga line, so sign me up!
Old 24-08-2014, 09:46 AM #21

Quote:
I'm indifferent to gays.

How Nice

Life In The Fast Lane
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:56 AM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell_McCoy View Post
I agree that Leslie is not Transphobic I would also give him the benefit of the doubt in how he justified his nomination of Kellie as being genuine. However he did make quite disgusting remarks about Frenchie's female genetalia which sounded quite women-hating to me, he referred to her being French in an insulting way and called her a "slut" Why should the words "stinking slut" be acceptable? It is women not men who have been labelled with such vile sexual words and oppressed historically, the fact that Gay men may tend towards using the word towards other (usually) Gay men is of no consequence, it is still misogynistic. He was of course right that she has wilfully prostituted her body,but he had no right to use the hate-filled language he did, he was not warned for his language and Kellie was, that is unfair and a typical case of BB regarding every other type of discrimination and oppression as being worse than the oldest and most extreme - that of men over women.

that's a fair opinion, and I understand what you are saying, but i honestly believe that if he was arguing with a MALE slut, a guy who had made his career by being a porn star and escort, he would have used the exact same language. I don't think he was being misogynistic, and I think he would be just as nasty towards a male slut. but it's fair if you disagree.

Last edited by lostalex; 24-08-2014 at 09:56 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:59 AM #23

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Not either team,Just watching and laughing.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 10:09 AM #24
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia4 View Post
sampvt Im the same has you Im 60 plus too and I don't understand a lot of this so I keep my mouth shut,your post is true and a great post to read thankyou.
Patricia, I don't buy into this whole PC correct thing, that's probably why I keep getting banned, but this Kellie thing is doing my head in. To a degree I can understand a fit young lad changing into high heels and looking feminine, but Frank is an ugly and annoying little ugly sh.t to start with and his transition is doomed to fail unless he meets a man with a big white stick and a huge fluffy dog with a saddle on.

I cant get my head past the fact that he has either not thought about it all that strongly or he is just plain conning the public for monetary gain. Either way or, he needs help. I am sure in the fullness of time my thoughts will be vindicated but by then everyone will be so bored of it, the next case will be on the table.

I am happy with who I am and am comfortable with my views but I get so annoyed when some kid who hasn't even gone through puberty yet, uses a keyboard to slate 60 odd years of experience because he can type google and I don't care to even bother, then tells me I am a dinosaur.

BTW that last paragraph wasn't pointed at anyone in particular.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 10:11 AM #25

Can't we just all treat people and judge people as individuals? wouldn't that solve all of these problems?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
conundrum, gays, kellie, trans