Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 26-08-2014, 06:05 AM #1

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
Default My problem with Dee

I thought I was going to like Dee but she is coming across to me as just as intolerant of Gary as the rest of the ego maniacs. If you actually listen to him in his disagreements with other housemates he isn't saying anything offensive they just take it the wrong way and don't listen to him. They completely dismiss him if he tries to explain his spirituality. Here's the thing during the religious thing with Hadley in the garden dee was crossing herself like a catholic, how would she like to have her belief rubbished with the attitude she just gave Gary?

The other problem I have is this, my OH and I have had very hard up times, specially in this recession that feels like it will never end even though they say its over, but we have always paid our way and found work. OH has had several redundancies in recent years and each time new job less pay. Electricity and gas prics are so high these days we can barely afford to heat the house in winter. Dee doesn't seem unintelligent or particularly physically unfit so I don't see the excuse for living off the state. I find it hard to sympathise.

Last edited by jaxie; 26-08-2014 at 06:38 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 07:04 AM #2

i see your points about gary - but who would have the last laugh if he come out and said he was just playing a game.

as for dee and her personal life - discredited - we can not judge her on this. she has been a media focal and it was biased.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 07:16 AM #3

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhog View Post
i see your points about gary - but who would have the last laugh if he come out and said he was just playing a game.

as for dee and her personal life - discredited - we can not judge her on this. she has been a media focal and it was biased.
I didn't see the show she was in. Personally I just feel able people should try to pay their way as we do, even if its hard sometimes.

If Gary came out and said he was just playing a game it would be a great twist but that wouldn't validate other housemates behaviour or make them less intolerant.

Last edited by jaxie; 26-08-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 26-08-2014, 07:20 AM #4
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I thought I was going to like Dee but she is coming across to me as just as intolerant of Gary as the rest of the ego maniacs. If you actually listen to him in his disagreements with other housemates he isn't saying anything offensive they just take it the wrong way and don't listen to him. They completely dismiss him if he tries to explain his spirituality. Here's the thing during the religious thing with Hadley in the garden dee was crossing herself like a catholic, how would she like to have her belief rubbished with the attitude she just gave Gary?

The other problem I have is this, my OH and I have had very hard up times, specially in this recession that feels like it will never end even though they say its over, but we have always paid our way and found work. OH has had several redundancies in recent years and each time new job less pay. Electricity and gas prics are so high these days we can barely afford to heat the house in winter. Dee doesn't seem unintelligent or particularly physically unfit so I don't see the excuse for living off the state. I find it hard to sympathise.
..I'm sorry to hear about your own troubles Jaxie and your OH's job situation over past times...it's been so tough for people in general...I didn't watch Benefit Street so can't comment on Dee from that and I've liked he so far in the house but I fear she's buying into the 'popular opinion/go with the crowd' thing atm which is a shame....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 07:34 AM #5

Favourites:

Favourites:

Thanks Ammi, like most people we just get on with it. I really wanted to like dee because she is for the most part an ordinary person 'one of us' even though I don't sympathise with the small amount I know about her lifestyle. I am finding myself disappointed in her and to a lesser extent George, who I am liking a bit more but also feels edges into the intolerance bandwagon.

Last edited by jaxie; 26-08-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Old 26-08-2014, 08:16 AM #6
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Dee has suffered from clinical depression which was the reason she was not working and used to be on benefits. As was made clear on launch night, she is no longer on benefits.

I guess Jaxie and OH had not experienced severe depression and would no doubt dismiss it as a pseudo-illness.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 08:33 AM #7
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

Dee is a lot smarter than she comes across. She has worked in the past but was fired for serious fraudulent practices using the benefits system to defraud the system by using a boyfriend. She portrayed herself as a benefit case on her show and didn't seem to be worried about being unemployed, in fact the opposite, she befriended and helped other scammers to get the best results based on her insider knowledge. She isn't on benefit now because her media related payments now put her as a self employed business, so she does not qualify for handouts.

As a person, she is as normal as it gets but as a working entity, she scammed the system and played it to her advantage. As a HM she is interesting because she is a small fish in a big pond acting like a shark and she is carrying it off well. It wont be long before the big fish see her as a threat and once they do, she will find the pressure hard to deal with and the 'Helen' in her will come out, for sure.

Her daemons are well hidden now but wait a little longer and she will implode at the hands of the likes of gary and Leslie or even Kellie if she stays. All these guys are in there to win and they wont play kissyarse with anyone that gets in their way. Their game has not even begun yet.

Last edited by sampvt; 26-08-2014 at 08:35 AM.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 08:48 AM #8

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
Dee has suffered from clinical depression which was the reason she was not working and used to be on benefits. As was made clear on launch night, she is no longer on benefits.

I guess Jaxie and OH had not experienced severe depression and would no doubt dismiss it as a pseudo-illness.
Please don't presume to put words into my mouth or to know what difficulties or health issues I may or may not have or indeed present my opinions unexpressed on others health issues. I'm perfectly capable of speaking for myself and expressing an opinion I don't need you to project for me or my OH who hasn't expressed an opinion at all. It is not wrong to feel people should try to pay their way however defensive that makes you feel.

Last edited by jaxie; 26-08-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dee, Dee Kelly, problem