Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 28-08-2014, 12:36 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Chris

Favourites (more):
Angry Gary has it the hardest...

Most of the other housemates get along with each other...

But Gary gets treated the worst, by nearly all of them. Some of them will talk to him, act as though they're listening, and that they care... but they immediately commence slagging him off again when someone else is around. I have never seen such a huge group of jealous, bitter, two-faced poser celebrities in my LIFE.

Almost all of them are (at least somewhat) decent to Gary, to his face... but talk about him as if he's a pile of doggie doo doo the moment he isn't around. It's incredibly disgusting and frustrating, and they should all be ashamed of themselves.

Some of these people don't even really qualify as "celebrities" do they? Gary is probably the biggest international star to be on the show, ever... He's an Academy Award nominated actor who has starred in some of the biggest Hollywood movies and worked with some of the biggest names in the business.

Personally, I think most of the others are just bitter and jealous towards him, because they know he is a REAL celebrity and they're just pretending.

They haven't given him any sort of chance, from the very beginning. After he entered the picture, I think each of them, one by one, quickly started thinking he would probably win... and so they silently allied with each other without having to say a word... the consensus: "We have to get him out or the rest of us stand NO chance of winning."

By no means am I saying Gary is the perfect angel, but in many cases he's not even being treated as a worthwhile human being. Almost none of the other housemates really try to take his hearing disability into account. They just get all huffy and mad when he asks them to slow down or repeat themselves.

Someone in another thread said "I'll bet they don't treat their own grandfathers that way." -- to which someone else said something like "well, he's not family" --- Really? Since when does someone have to be your family member to be worthy of just a smidgeon of decency and respect? Whoever said that (I don't feel like looking for it) -- Grow the hell up.

Decent people with decent parents are taught to respect the elderly and treat disabled people with respect. If you really feel otherwise, then you had ****ty parents, and are pretty ****ty yourself.

The man is 70.. I didn't even realize that before he came on this show. I thought he was, maybe, 60 tops. He doesn't look 70.

Each of these housemates must have zero respect for elderly members of their own family. My grandparents are dead, but there is no way I would allow someone to treat them like this if they were alive... and no self-respecting person would allow someone else to be treated this way either, even if they weren't family. When someone is being ganged up on, you move in and rescue them. You don't grab a club and join the beating party.

I guess very few of them have any real backbone.

Gary's not perfect, and probably not the easiest to live with.. but he IS a human being, and deserves a bit more understanding and respect in the same amount that anyone deserves whether they're a celebrity or not. He has some clear disadvantages and impairments, yet none of them take that into account.

Stephanie is a disgusting pig, with zero respect for herself. James is a self important douche who thinks he's the Brad Pitt of the dance world... who ever said Brad Pitt could dance?

He's another one who treats Gary with a modicum of respect, face to face, yet slags him off as much as possible when Gary is elsewhere. In last night's show he even admitted to knowing that Gary trusts him... yet James betrays that trust at every turn, without so much as a stutter. What a worthless pile of dog **** James is.

Leslie is a bitter old spoiled queen. (I'm gay by the way). I've met gay men like him a lot during my life... They're a dime a dozen. They're the most insecure type of person, but they know how to rally the troops around themselves while they cower in the corner and get everyone else to stand up for them. In America (I'm American) we call such a man a pussy, a wussy, or a spoiled little girl. That's what you are, Leslie.

I apologize for the length of this (my first) post... but I had to get all that off my chest. I think the way the legendary Gary Busey is being treated is disgraceful and pathetic, and reveals just how much more he is a real celebrity than the others.

He's someone's father, someone's grandfather... would you allow YOUR grandfather to be treated this way? Or any elderly (feels really weird referring to Gary Busey as elderly, but he actually is) person?

Gary for the win... that would prove they had every reason to fear him, and why they should have befriended him instead.

If not Gary, then George.
Ultimist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 12:48 PM #2

Welcome to the forum

I agree with a lot of this post, you presented a balanced view of the situation imo. I have never really believed that they are jealous of Gary and want him out because they think he'll win, I think it's just a playground bully thing - they don't like someone different.

It does confuse me though that you'd like to see George winning after this post. He doesn't seem to give Gary the time of day and has done a bit of sniggering behind his back in attempts to ram himself up James's and Stephanie's arses I think.
Old 28-08-2014, 12:49 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB15: Christopher
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Favourites (more):
BB15: Christopher
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
Welcome to the forum

I agree with a lot of this post, you presented a balanced view of the situation imo. I have never really believed that they are jealous of Gary and want him out because they think he'll win, I think it's just a playground bully thing - they don't like someone different.

It does confuse me though that you'd like to see George winning after this post. He doesn't seem to give Gary the time of day and has done a bit of sniggering behind his back in attempts to ram himself up James's and Stephanie's arses I think.
I agree with this.. I actually noticed that George now gives gary the time of the day after the cheers
Old 28-08-2014, 12:54 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberface View Post
I agree with this.. I actually noticed that George now gives gary the time of the day after the cheers
Oh really! I hadn't noticed. Will have to keep my eye out!
Old 28-08-2014, 12:54 PM #5

I don't think they are jealous. I just think it's an ignorance of someone who is harmlessly eccentric.
Great post though OP...spoilt it with your very last line...
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 01:00 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Excellent points about George... I hadn't noticed it. I just haven't seen him slag Gary off the way the others have. Perhaps I missed it.

I do sort of like George. Or, at least I don't hate him. But, if it turns out he's going to be friendly with Gary ONLY because he got the most votes to save, my opinion may change.

Last night's "live from the house" had a very interesting segment where Stephanie was giving her reasons for nominating Gary... They blocked most of the audio but she was getting really rude and aggressive... I read her lips for most of what she said, and it was pretty nasty and mean. It was a pleasure to then hear BB read the transcript of her previous conversation with James, and then disqualify her nominations! I was laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair... Serves you right, you f...... disrespectful little b....

My only wish for George is that he learns to see Stephanie for what she is... He MUST have a grandfather, unless he has already passed... If he has elderly family members, he's GOT to be wondering if Stephanie would treat them in a similar manner. I know I would be.

Thanks, rusticgal for the tip about my last line, lol... I was going to edit it but I'll leave it so others can see my apparent mistake.

Gary for the win!

Last edited by Ultimist; 28-08-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 28-08-2014, 01:20 PM #7

This is a game for god sakes!! Gary knew what he was getting into, he signed.the contract like the rest of them. They all have faults including Gary but a lot of.people on here are just as bad as.the hm. ..talking about him like he's a decrepid old man...he's not being mistreated, he's winding people up and they are retaliating maybe not in the best way but that's BB.

I am a big Gary Busey fan but detest the way people go on about his age and disability.
mary poppins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 01:24 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

mary poppins, fine... then let's set aside his age and disabilities for a minute, and simply consider him as a HUMAN BEING.

Do you condone the treatment of a human being, any human being, the way he is being treated?

And please provide evidence of him winding people up... there isn't any. He hasn't raised his voice to anyone. He hasn't called people names, or belittled them. He hasn't slagged people off behind their backs.

What is your evidence?

Last edited by Niamh.; 28-08-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: removed rude comment
Old 28-08-2014, 01:25 PM #9
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimist View Post

But Gary gets treated the worst, by nearly all of them. Some of them will talk to him, act as though they're listening, and that they care... but they immediately commence slagging him off again when someone else is around. I have never seen such a huge group of jealous, bitter, two-faced poser celebrities in my LIFE.

Almost all of them are (at least somewhat) decent to Gary, to his face... but talk about him as if he's a pile of doggie doo doo the moment he isn't around. It's incredibly disgusting and frustrating, and they should all be ashamed of themselves.

Some of these people don't even really qualify as "celebrities" do they? Gary is probably the biggest international star to be on the show, ever... He's an Academy Award nominated actor who has starred in some of the biggest Hollywood movies and worked with some of the biggest names in the business.

Personally, I think most of the others are just bitter and jealous towards him, because they know he is a REAL celebrity and they're just pretending.

They haven't given him any sort of chance, from the very beginning. After he entered the picture, I think each of them, one by one, quickly started thinking he would probably win... and so they silently allied with each other without having to say a word... the consensus: "We have to get him out or the rest of us stand NO chance of winning."

By no means am I saying Gary is the perfect angel, but in many cases he's not even being treated as a worthwhile human being. Almost none of the other housemates really try to take his hearing disability into account. They just get all huffy and mad when he asks them to slow down or repeat themselves.

Someone in another thread said "I'll bet they don't treat their own grandfathers that way." -- to which someone else said something like "well, he's not family" --- Really? Since when does someone have to be your family member to be worthy of just a smidgeon of decency and respect? Whoever said that (I don't feel like looking for it) -- Grow the hell up.

Decent people with decent parents are taught to respect the elderly and treat disabled people with respect. If you really feel otherwise, then you had ****ty parents, and are pretty ****ty yourself.

The man is 70.. I didn't even realize that before he came on this show. I thought he was, maybe, 60 tops. He doesn't look 70.

Each of these housemates must have zero respect for elderly members of their own family. My grandparents are dead, but there is no way I would allow someone to treat them like this if they were alive... and no self-respecting person would allow someone else to be treated this way either, even if they weren't family. When someone is being ganged up on, you move in and rescue them. You don't grab a club and join the beating party.

Gary's not perfect, and probably not the easiest to live with.. but he IS a human being, and deserves a bit more understanding and respect in the same amount that anyone deserves whether they're a celebrity or not. He has some clear disadvantages and impairments, yet none of them take that into account.

Stephanie is a disgusting pig, with zero respect for herself. James is a self important douche who thinks he's the Brad Pitt of the dance world... who ever said Brad Pitt could dance?

He's another one who treats Gary with a modicum of respect, face to face, yet slags him off as much as possible when Gary is elsewhere. In last night's show he even admitted to knowing that Gary trusts him... yet James betrays that trust at every turn, without so much as a stutter. What a worthless pile of dog **** James is.

Leslie is a bitter old spoiled queen. (I'm gay by the way). I've met gay men like him a lot during my life... They're a dime a dozen. They're the most insecure type of person, but they know how to rally the troops around themselves while they cower in the corner and get everyone else to stand up for them. In America (I'm American) we call such a man a pussy, a wussy, or a spoiled little girl. That's what you are, Leslie.

I apologize for the length of this (my first) post... but I had to get all that off my chest. I think the way the legendary Gary Busey is being treated is disgraceful and pathetic, and reveals just how much more he is a real celebrity than the others.

He's someone's father, someone's grandfather... would you allow YOUR grandfather to be treated this way? Or any elderly (feels really weird referring to Gary Busey as elderly, but he actually is) person?

Gary for the win... that would prove they had every reason to fear him, and why they should have befriended him instead.

Welcome! If you like Gary there is a Gary to win group on facebook. We have 400 members already.
Old 28-08-2014, 01:25 PM #10
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Cami Li
Wanderer

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
CBB15: Cami Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberface View Post
They all will. Bunch of shallow contrived twats tbh. Yet another thing to like about Frenchy - she has his back, you'd think she's be the least understanding of the house on first impressions yet she's the most.
Creggle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 01:26 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Welcome! If you like Gary there is a Gary to win group on facebook. We have 400 members already.
Ooh, I'll have to check that out...

I definitely want him to win!
Old 28-08-2014, 01:27 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creggle View Post
They all will. Bunch of shallow contrived twats tbh. Yet another thing to like about Frenchy - she has his back, you'd think she's be the least understanding of the house on first impressions yet she's the most.
Yeah I must admit if I'd had to choose one person who would be intolerant of Gary on launch it would have been Frenchy, just because of how she looks. Naughty Jess
Old 28-08-2014, 01:37 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

As a human being, I feel bad for Gary.. not in the "feeling sorry for him" way that he would dislike... I just feel compassionate towards him. He's a well respected actor over here in the U.S. He's not the biggest celebrity by any means, but almost everyone knows who he is.

And forget the fact that he's an actor, or famous, or respected in the U.S. As I've tried to say, first and foremost he is a HUMAN BEING. There is no excuse for a group of grown adults to be singling him out and treating him so terribly.. They should all be rallying behind him and trying to help him.

And by the way David, James... you don't get ANGRY with someone you're trying to help. It makes your desire to help seem a bit false (for the sake of the cameras, perhaps?) If you want to help someone and they aren't ready to accept it, or want to do things their own way, your job is to be understanding, and then GENTLY try to help them in ways they can accept. When you get mad about it, it makes it seem that the appearance of helping is more important to you than actually helping!

Human beings deserve humane treatment. Period. Those unwilling to follow this simple rule are to be avoided, and called out for their disgusting behavior.
Old 28-08-2014, 01:47 PM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
we're not here to discuss my 'faves' thanks and i dont know what you're inferring but i'd appreciate it if you didn't, tah love
Well, since my mind is my own, I shall infer when I please. If you truly wish for me not to infer things, study what you imply about yourself with your online activities to discover what could lead a person to draw certain inferences about your character.

I've read some of your posts in other threads, by the way... and what I have inferred is that you are prepared to defend and even condone abusive behavior and treatment of an elderly, disabled person. I can only infer from the implications of your actions and what they reveal about you.

For some odd reason, the term "douche nugget" comes to mind.
Old 28-08-2014, 01:49 PM #15

The fact is that most of the housemates in there are utter failures and have ended up in there because their careers have failed or stalled.

Gary is 70. He has had his successful career and overcome challenges far worse than those people have had. They are totally jealous.

It makes my blood boil to see the convicted thief and benefits scrounger Dee isolating and bullying a Hollywood film star and somehow being supported. Who does she think she is? She has no talent whatsoever.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 02:15 PM #16

Welcome to the forum Ultimist and a great post I agree with all you said but the win for George no.
Ive never said this before but I wear two hearing aids I sometimes have to say to my family I didn't hear you and if they got mad at me and wouldn't repeat what they said I would be very upset so I can understand Gary and I think he's got to the stage where he doesn't like asking them to repeat what they said he's playing no game this guy is deaf and its hard just believe me.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 02:18 PM #17

Favourites:
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
Default welcome

Quote:

Welcome to the forum and well said.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 02:19 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary poppins View Post
And that's what's known as verbal bullying!!!
Precisely. When did Gary ever verbally bully someone?

I know I did... but when did he? When did he do anything close to what you've implied?

He has difficulties... impairments... and yes, some bad habits... but he's not an evil person. He's not setting out to hurt anyone.

If someone stinks, tell them to take a bath... or help them take one... No need to be rude about it, no need to humiliate the person. And keep in mind, body odor washes off... but the foul stench of heartlessness lies beneath the skin where no soap or washcloth can reach.
Old 28-08-2014, 02:23 PM #19
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I know I did... but when did he? When did he do anything close to what you've implied?

He has difficulties... impairments... and yes, some bad habits... but he's not an evil person. He's not setting out to hurt anyone.

If someone stinks, tell them to take a bath... or help them take one... No need to be rude about it, no need to humiliate the person. And keep in mind, body odor washes off... but the foul stench of heartlessness lies beneath the skin where no soap or washcloth can reach.
Old 28-08-2014, 02:31 PM #20

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
mary poppins, fine... then let's set aside his age and disabilities for a minute, and simply consider him as a HUMAN BEING.

Do you condone the treatment of a human being, any human being, the way he is being treated?

And please provide evidence of him winding people up... there isn't any. He hasn't raised his voice to anyone. He hasn't called people names, or belittled them. He hasn't slagged people off behind their backs.

What is your evidence?

Put up or shut the f--- up.
I really like you! I've been trying to say the same thing in other threads asking them to show me the words that say he is rude. I like your blunt way of putting it.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 02:35 PM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
So you verbally bullied someone to try and make a point?.. what sort of logic is that?
Logic 101: When someone presents a false example to prove a claim... provide them with a real example to show them the difference.... in the hope that you can finally, at long last, break that double-speak that must be going on in their mind that has them convinced that they saw something they didn't.

Last edited by Ultimist; 28-08-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 28-08-2014, 02:41 PM #22

Quote:

P
I am getting fed up of all this Gary is a saint he is far from it plus he has it easy bb will see he will win so what's the problem damed said last night we have it all wrong. He has lived in the house Gary is rude and is winding them all up he is playing on his hearing problem to get them uptight bb has done a grand job he will walk away with a fat cheque I for one do not feel sorry for Gary I am hearing impaired sight pared and not far of Gary's age he is just a very difficult man to please who is used to getting all his own way and is having a ball winding them up no it's not poor old Gary he is a very lucky man that wants for nothing
Ruffle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 02:43 PM #23

Quote:

He is sly and cunning with it I am not fooled by this man try researching this man not just his film,s
Ruffle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 02:44 PM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffle View Post
P
I am getting fed up of all this Gary is a saint he is far from it plus he has it easy bb will see he will win so what's the problem damed said last night we have it all wrong. He has lived in the house Gary is rude and is winding them all up he is playing on his hearing problem to get them uptight bb has done a grand job he will walk away with a fat cheque I for one do not feel sorry for Gary I am hearing impaired sight pared and not far of Gary's age he is just a very difficult man to please who is used to getting all his own way and is having a ball winding them up no it's not poor old Gary he is a very lucky man that wants for nothing
You clearly haven't read the OP properly because it says "Gary is not perfect". They are not pretending that Gary is a saint and acknowledged he has flaws like everybody else.
Old 28-08-2014, 02:49 PM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffle View Post
P
Your post is full of assumptions. It's not fair to assume he's super rich and has had everything handed to him on a silver platter... There are rumors floating around that he is deeply in debt, so if that is true, I doubt he "wants for nothing."

And besides, whatever the case may be, he is still a human being worthy of being treated with decency.

Again, I will ask... where is this evidence that he is "winding people up" ? We haven't seen it on the show. Where are you getting your information?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gary, hardest