Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2014, 10:12 AM #1
cancelled

cancelled

Default gary is completely fake

not surprisingly gary is a product of hollywood messy hair carefully held in place with spray

he has been taught 'spirituality' but lacks compassion/awareness to best utilise what he has learned

an academy nominated actor who was shown without direction to be a poor actor ( balloons task ? )

does gary wear a hearing aid? if not...............why not?

a 'tough guy' actor unwilling to spend the night outside during a british summer.............under shelter with a nice warm blanket

Mark L
Old 29-08-2014, 10:31 AM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
not surprisingly gary is a product of hollywood messy hair carefully held in place with spray

he has been taught 'spirituality' but lacks compassion/awareness to best utilise what he has learned

an academy nominated actor who was shown without direction to be a poor actor ( balloons task ? )

a 'tough guy' actor unwilling to spend the night outside during a british summer.............under shelter with a nice warm blanket

Mark L

Gary has had brain surgery hasn't he?....in which case having a long dishevelled style probably makes it easier for him and hides any scarring.
As far as the hearing aid is concerned..it would help him but maybe pride gets in the way as I can imagine he is rather stubborn...perhaps he feels that he will succumb to one when he feels it is a REAL issue....in his opinion.

...at 70 years of age I wouldn't expect anyone to act 'tough' and risk getting a chill...blanket or no blanket...

Last edited by rusticgal; 29-08-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 29-08-2014, 10:37 AM #3
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Gary has had brain surgery hasn't he?....in which case having a long dishevelled style probably makes it easier for him and hides any scarring.
As far as the hearing aid is concerned..it would help him but maybe pride gets in the way as I can imagine he is rather stubborn...perhaps he feels that he will succumb to one when he feels it is a REAL issue....in his opinion.
He had a motorbike accident in December 1988, which caused Brain Damage (more specifically TBI). You can get strokes after being treated for brain damage if in cold weather, which is why he could not stay outside. He was not refusing, he was literally saying that he couldn't.

Google works a charm

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

Old 29-08-2014, 10:38 AM #4

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

He does wear 2 hearing aids they've been mentioned in conversation but he finds it difficult when more than one person is speaking and because off the accents and when people speak fast. A hearing aid is what it says on the tin its an aid not a cure.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 29-08-2014, 10:41 AM #5
cancelled

cancelled

Default ta

thanks!

Mark L
Old 29-08-2014, 10:51 AM #6

Quote:
thanks!

Mark L

Can you Edit your title
or ask a Mod to?
Old 29-08-2014, 10:53 AM #7
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Quote:

Mark L
I dont know ,but have read on here Gary best films have been AFTER his accident, so why is he now playing the "ill helpless man" ?
Old 29-08-2014, 11:01 AM #8
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
I dont know ,but have read on here Gary best films have been AFTER his accident, so why is he now playing the "ill helpless man" ?
It does make you think, as they say........
Old 29-08-2014, 11:01 AM #9

Quote:
Gary had a golf ball sized cancerous tumor removed from his sinus cavity which meant more brain surgery too this was long after his accident.

To say he is playing an 'Ill helpless man' is just awful.

Most of his problems in the house are due to age like his hearing, balance problems and so on, it comes to everyone fgs.

I swear posts like above just show the complete lack of tolerance many have for people with disabilities, brain injuries and illnesses.

Gary displays obvious signs of having a brain injury, forgetfulness about certain things for example (my family member has a brain injury which led to dementia and needs prompts to do things a lot).

Having a brain injury or being 70 doesn't mean he shouldn't be in BB either, he has every right as the rest of them and since this is celeb BB he has more right than some of the other non celebs in there atm.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:01 AM #10

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
He got older, the scarring and weaknesses from the injuries stayed. We're all going to get older. I hope someone has a kinder attitude to you than you have towards Gary.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 29-08-2014, 11:01 AM #11

he went into bb noing all this - judge him or what we see ? is he him or is he acting ? you decide.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:02 AM #12
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

I couldn't give a flying **** if Gary or any of them are fake and playing the game which is what BB is, a game to find a winner, at least Gary is entertaining in there, and doesn't have the nasty streak many of the rest of the housemates have. He considers them friends in there, which is more than most of that backstabbing lot think of him. So Gary to make the final please as he won't win as Americans never seem to in the UK BB.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Old 29-08-2014, 11:05 AM #13
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhog View Post
he went into bb noing all this - judge him or what we see ? is he him or is he acting ? you decide.
Well apparently in the balloon task according to the rest of the housemates, Gary couldn't act and lost the task for them, so how can he be acting in the BB house then? Can't have it both ways can some

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Old 29-08-2014, 11:06 AM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
I couldn't give a flying **** if Gary or any of them are fake and playing the game which is what BB is, a game to find a winner, at least Gary is entertaining in there, and doesn't have the nasty streak many of the rest of the housemates have. He considers them friends in there, which is more than most of that backstabbing lot think of him. So Gary to make the final please as he won't win as Americans never seem to in the UK BB.
Exactly Suze

Gary is the most entertaining, interesting housemate in that house atm and if it wasn't for him, Frenchy and possibly Audley and Edele then I don't think I would be watching.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:07 AM #15

Quote:
Watched one last night, it was brilliant. Tbh I do not see him as playing the ill man, the reason for not wanting to sleep outside is very reasonable. He then took part and enjoyed the privacy. Even with hearing aids it is difficult as some have noises, on a one to one basis it is good and understandable but when there are more voices, even we at times cannot understand what some of them are saying as they talk over each other so much. I did read somewhere that one of his films was after his accident but the one I saw last night had him as a young and agile person. The Buddy Holly Story was brilliant but once again he was young and agile.

Age isnt a playing field, it brings its disadvantages, one day one could be fine but another ones actions have to be studied for the benefit of the day.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:07 AM #16
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

People are far too black and white about this. It could be partially an act and/or not very good acting.... but just good enough to fool the viewers.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:08 AM #17
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

i dont think gary is fake!

he is 70 years old! of course he will have problems by then its natural,

yes it can be annoying when someone repeats yourself over and over but gary is nearly deaf and its unfair on others moaning(meaning the housemates) about it, he did not ask for it did he?

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 29-08-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:08 AM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
People are far too black and white about this. It could be partially an act and/or not very good acting.... but just good enough to fool the viewers.
Or it could be that most of his fans don't really give two hoots and watch him because they like him.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:09 AM #19

Quote:
The hardened BB viewers look for all things within a HM and at the end of the day it is the best player which should win. I honestly cannot see anything of worth with the Brits in there and, with the exception of Frenchy, the other Americans.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:10 AM #20
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Or it could be that most of his fans don't really give two hoots and watch him because they like him.
If Gary was a housemate in civilian BB, with no "fame" everyone would be baying for him to be booted!
Old 29-08-2014, 11:10 AM #21

Quote:
Well apparently in the balloon task according to the rest of the housemates, Gary couldn't act and lost the task for them, so how can he be acting in the BB house then? Can't have it both ways can some
this could be down to any number of reasons -
Old 29-08-2014, 11:12 AM #22

Quote:
If Gary was a housemate in civilian BB, with no "fame" everyone would be baying for him to be booted!
I doubt it.

He has interesting things to say, he is interesting to watch, he hasn't said a bad word about anyone in there and yet look how they have treated him.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:14 AM #23
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:

You don't know that at all, that is an assumption. However, it is also a moot point as he is not in ordinary BB, he is in Celeb BB, and the biggest Celeb and imho the most entertaining Celeb in that house also

Last edited by Suze; 29-08-2014 at 11:16 AM.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:20 AM #24
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
You don't know that at all, that is an assumption. However, it is also a moot point as he is not in ordinary BB, he is in Celeb BB, and the biggest Celeb and imho the most entertaining Celeb in that house also
I don't find him entertaining even on the carefully edited highlights.

We are never shown the bits where he barges into people's conversations, tells housemates to shut up etc etc. Clearly this happens from comments by other housemates.

You can be sure if this civilian BB, and the producers were not trying to protect their "big star", we would see a fuller picture.
Old 29-08-2014, 11:24 AM #25

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I don't find him entertaining even on the carefully edited highlights.

We are never shown the bits where he barges into people's conversations, tells housemates to shut up etc etc. Clearly this happens from comments by other housemates.

You can be sure if this civilian BB, and the producers were not trying to protect their "big star", we would see a fuller picture.
Or maybe they are misrepresenting him because they have no tolerance and he isn't doing that as much as they say. He certainly wasn't being that way on the live feed.

― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 29-08-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
completely, fake, gary, Gary Busey