Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

International Big Brother Big Brother around the world!

Old 05-02-2002, 02:43 PM #1
Administrator

Administrator

Default German BB Couple to Divorce

Found this article on today's Ananova:

Big Brother couple to get divorced

Two Big Brother contestants who got married after the second series in Germany are getting a divorce.

Daniela and Karim kept audiences guessing by repeatedly hiding together under the sheets on the reality TV show.

Now Daniela says she is getting a divorce because Karim is having an affair with a table dancer.

Their fellow contestants held an unofficial wedding ceremony for them inside the Big Brother house. They got married for real after the series had ended in March 2001.

He has been involved with dancer Beatrice for several months, reports Bild newspaper.

Daniela, 32, called her husband, 29, a pig. "Even when he's just saying good morning, half of that is a lie. So I'm getting a divorce," she said.
--------------------------------------------

Oh dear.

They should have taken a leaf out of Paul & Helen's book and got to know each other properly in the real world before tying the knot, shouldn't they?
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 03:25 PM #2

Exactly! All those people were scorning Paul for not wanting to make any committments in the house, but he was the wise one.

I do feel sorry for the couple involved. Even if I think it was madness for them to make such a committment in those circumstances, the whole nation will have known about it. It will be really hard to them to move on. OK, Karim found it a little too easy, but I think you know what I mean. We may have thought Liz was being a misery guts when she said "I don't know, you look more like friends" or whatever, but that attitude would have come in handy in Germany.

Fortunately in the UK we're far more sensible with Helen and Paul, and even Tom and Claire trying not to rush into things, so hopefully no unfortunate incidents with table dancers. To be on the safe side, Helen shouldn't invite Amma round very often!
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 11:39 PM #3

Awww! you didn't really mean that did you Feefs...poor Amma?
Honey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 09:58 AM #4

I'd be saving my sympathies for Helen in that eventuality, but I am pretty sure she has no need to feel insecure - it was just too tempting a parallel not to comment on.

I would also have said - lucky Amma, but if he did go after her, Mr Clarke wouldn't be the lovely man I think he is.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 08:53 PM #5
Administrator

Administrator

Hold your horses everyone - it looks as though it's all back on again!

Big Brother wife to give cheating husband another chance

The Big Brother couple who this week announced they were getting divorced, have decided to give it another go.

A public reconciliation will be shown on German television channel RTL. Daniela and Karim have now gone on holiday to try to sort out their differences.

The volatile couple got together on the German version of Big Brother and married after the second series ended in March 2001.

After less than a year of marriage Daniela announced she was divorcing her co-star husband because he had been cheating with a table dancer. Karim insists his affair with Beatrice is over and promises to behave himself in future.

Daniela says she will give him another chance.
---------------------------------------------------------

A public reconciliation live on TV? How tacky - are they mad? Or.... has it all been a big publicity stunt? I'm not sure.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, couple, divorce, german