Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 05-09-2014, 09:39 PM #1

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
Default How many times?

How many times is she going to say 'I got as many votes as Gary!' I've counted 3 times now in different conversations. She talks about rude. THAT is rude. It's like she is saying she is better than him.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 05-09-2014 at 09:41 PM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:53 PM #2

I know. Clearly proves anybody wrong who claimed she was only saying it as a joke.

I didn't mind the comment too much but couldn't believe when she asked Audley how he could nom her over Gary how on earth can she decide that someone is more deserving of someone else's nomination than she is?! Was really shocked by this. She also didn't seem to listen to Audley's reasoning and just got lost in calling Gary rude over and over. I wished Audley had been more direct and told her he could nom whoever he bloody well wanted.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:55 PM #3
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

No, I don't think she was being rude. She was obviously just surprised due to him being so hated and her so liked, it was quite shocking how they both received 4 after she'd never been nominated before that.

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:57 PM #4

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):

In a way i agree. She is practically saying, I am disliked as him.

But it is still a natural reaction. Just should not say it. Or, {is that not being real}
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:58 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
No, I don't think she was being rude. She was obviously just surprised due to him being so hated and her so liked, it was quite shocking how they both received 4 after she'd never been nominated before that.
You could say it was shocking but considering Frenchy (who was always nominated by most people) had just left, they all had to pick someone else. Really, who is Edele to question someone else's nomination? I wouldn't have minded if she'd just asked Audley why her, but to question why her over Gary was just a bit weird and arrogant I thought. Just cause Gary is "hated" by a lot of group members doesn't mean Audley has to fall in line too.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:59 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
You could say it was shocking but considering Frenchy (who was always nominated by most people) had just left, they all had to pick someone else. Really, who is Edele to question someone else's nomination? I wouldn't have minded if she'd just asked Audley why her, but to question why her over Gary was just a bit weird and arrogant I thought. Just cause Gary is "hated" by a lot of group members doesn't mean Audley has to fall in line too.
Smart point.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:00 PM #7

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
BB18: Tom

I know,I don't know who she thinks she is.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:05 PM #8
Focus

Favourites (more):
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

In her mind she made the comparison that the HMs would rather see her leave the house just as much as Gary. Although that isnt really the case.

Last edited by Jords; 05-09-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:55 PM #9

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

She said to Gary she THOUGHT he might nominate Gary because of Gary handling the chicken and Audley was annoyed when he did it. She had no problem being nominated but she said she wanted to be nominated for reasons pertaining to herself in the house which Audley actually DID when he said she was a bit standoffish. Edele explained to Dee that she didn't want to be nominated because people thought she should be at home with her children which is fair enough. If I had been Edele I would have been surprised that Audley picked her when she wasn't in any way bitchy towards him.

She didn't ask Audley why he nominated her over Gary she said she THOUGHT he might have picked Gary because of the chicken incident. Once Audley explained Gary reminded him of his Dad she agreed and said her Nan was the same and things were sorted. Edele is one of the few people in there who isn't bigheaded and DOESNT think she is above nomination. She just wants to be nominated for the right reasons
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:19 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
She said to Gary she THOUGHT he might nominate Gary because of Gary handling the chicken and Audley was annoyed when he did it. She had no problem being nominated but she said she wanted to be nominated for reasons pertaining to herself in the house which Audley actually DID when he said she was a bit standoffish. Edele explained to Dee that she didn't want to be nominated because people thought she should be at home with her children which is fair enough. If I had been Edele I would have been surprised that Audley picked her when she wasn't in any way bitchy towards him.
Though to be fair, he nommed her for being stand offish like you said, which she got a bit wound up about, but she then went to the diary room and confirmed that she had intentionally been holding back from people because she was upset about her separation. Audley's was a fair nomination.

I also totally understand why she got wound up at Dee for nomming her to be with her kids too... Who the f is Dee to decide what is best for Edele and her children?!

Quote:
She didn't ask Audley why he nominated her over Gary she said she THOUGHT he might have picked Gary because of the chicken incident. Once Audley explained Gary reminded him of his Dad she agreed and said her Nan was the same and things were sorted. Edele is one of the few people in there who isn't bigheaded and DOESNT think she is above nomination. She just wants to be nominated for the right reasons
Edele didn't just "agree her nan was the same and things were sorted", she kept on about how rude Gary is to everybody. She was challenging why Audley felt it ok not to nominate Gary. That's how I saw it anyway.

I don't think Edele is bigheaded all of the time, and I do like her, but just thought her talk with Audley came across a little arrogant because she admitted in the DR that she is doing the thing that Audley nommed her for - being stand offish. I think she was nominated for the right reasons by Audley anyway. (Dee and Lauren's noms were weird and did seem to be just because she's nice/"weak". Kellie admitted hers was tactical so fair enough).
Old 05-09-2014, 11:34 PM #11

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post

She came across as completely arrogant, as if she couldn't believe anyone could nominate her as many times as Gary.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
edele, gary, nob, nominations