Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 06-09-2014, 12:18 AM #1

Default Why can't they tell the truth about backin Gary on BBOTS. It's Not because he's nice

There are several lies being used to back Gary one of which is that he is nice.

Come off it, pull the other one LOL

The real reason people back Gary is because he isn't nice,because he causes arguments which some see as entertaining.

Why don't they admit that, are they ashamed of it ? It is a logical reason to back him.

I'd far rather it wasn't so predictable and that good people instead were backed to put nasty people in their place but

then of course the pond life in the crowd and the idiots in the BBOTS audience don't like good people,

so does it make people proud to follow nasty people like the BB crowd or people like Plastic Paul on BBOTS ?
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:23 AM #2
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

People, well some of them, like his films. So they put him on a pedestal and choose to ignore the fact his fellow housemates, in the main, can't stand him and think he is sly and manipulative.

Oddly the only hm who actually likes Gary seems to be James. Perhaps that should tell us a lot!
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:23 AM #3

I back gary because he is a nice guy and he entertains me.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:33 AM #4

Why not accept other people don't see things the same as yourself?

Gary had never once said a nasty word about any of the others and he certainly wouldn't be a bad person if he did since the way they have acted towards him is completely ridiculous, the worst thing anyone can bring up about him is his hygiene and most of the time it's completely over exaggerated in regards to what we have actually seen.

I am interested just who in there you are describing as nice people btw that should be getting support rather than Gary because the only other ones I would say were nice is audley, Adele and at a push Lauren when she's sober and funny enough none of them have a problem with Gary apart fron a couple of minor things that matter not one bit....

Last edited by Josy; 06-09-2014 at 12:40 AM.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:35 AM #5
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

I think you are reading too much into it. Of course people have their favourites, it happens when anyone invests time into watching the programs. I felt for example that Emma was much more warm to Kellie than she was to Stephanie, people are human, they can't help how the feel.

As to backing any particular housemate, I think its a pretty divided split, very much along the lines of what we see on the forums, and lets not forget that Helen won the last series, and she was largely hated on BOTS, so while the program may or may not be entertaining, it bears no relation to the result, in a similar way to the eviction crowd.

My own philosophy is not to take it too seriously, its a game show, and voters can be very fickle indeed

I pick my own favourite, and although it would be nice if the voting public agreed with me, I'm not going to loose any sleep over it
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:36 AM #6

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post

Gary had never once said a nasty word about any of the others and he certainly wouldn't be a bad person if he did since the way they have acted towards him is completely ridiculous, the worst thing anyone can bring up about him is his hygiene and most of the time it's completely over exaggerated in regards to what we have actually seen.
Always the voice of reason.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:38 AM #7

I have never watched any of Gary's films, in fact, if I am honest, I had really never heard of Gary Busey until he became part of the CBB House. It is possible that the HMs (with him) find him very annoying after all we are not in the house but I also liken this to an elderly person who lives in a n old peoples home who is akward, unheygenic and irritable - surely these are the kind of people that should be shown TLC reagardless of their background, achievements or no-achievements. The treatemnt of Gary by some in the house, in particular by James and Dee is that you would not want to put an elderly person in a home that was run by these two, James the owner of the home and Dee the bullying worker. It is a disgrace the way he (Gary) is being treated and they should all hold their heads in shame - but, NO, they are all so me, me, me and waiting to see what they can get out of it and what pofile could be an advantage to them. Gary is the most geniune HM by far for many, many years and I perosnally hope he wins.
muchadoaboutnothing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:23 AM #8

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchadoaboutnothing View Post
I have never watched any of Gary's films, in fact, if I am honest, I had really never heard of Gary Busey until he became part of the CBB House. It is possible that the HMs (with him) find him very annoying after all we are not in the house but I also liken this to an elderly person who lives in a n old peoples home who is akward, unheygenic and irritable - surely these are the kind of people that should be shown TLC reagardless of their background, achievements or no-achievements. The treatemnt of Gary by some in the house, in particular by James and Dee is that you would not want to put an elderly person in a home that was run by these two, James the owner of the home and Dee the bullying worker. It is a disgrace the way he (Gary) is being treated and they should all hold their heads in shame - but, NO, they are all so me, me, me and waiting to see what they can get out of it and what pofile could be an advantage to them. Gary is the most geniune HM by far for many, many years and I perosnally hope he wins.
Well I'd like him to win too, but not because he's 70 and pitiful and had a brain injury and a dicky knee and everyone's bad to the poor old dear.
Did you see him running after Ricci to tickle him like a 4 year old and throw himself against the toilet door to get at him like Hercules? Not a sign of an old decrepit man there. Gary's knee and Gary's brain are in very good working order and I'm very glad of that. He can handle the HM's just fine - he's perfectly all right and it's them who are losing it - and he's doing great and having a good old time to himself playing them.

I'm finding all this poor abused Gary stuff so patronizing. Because he's elderly doesn't mean he's stupid or not capable of a strategy, far from it. He's as smart as hell - smarter than any of them. He's in there for a month not for the rest of his life. Can we just give the man some kudo's for playing the game brilliantly and quit the poor old man sycophancy!

Last edited by jet; 06-09-2014 at 01:50 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:50 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Well I'd like him to win too, but not because he's 70 and pitiful and had a brain injury and a dicky knee and everyone's bad to the poor old dear.
Did you see him running after Ricci to tickle him like a 4 year old and throw himself against the toilet door to get at him like Hercules? Not a sign of an old decrepit man there. Gary's knee and Gary's brain are in very good working order and I'm very glad of that. He can handle the HM's just fine - he's perfectly all right and it's them who are losing it - and he's doing great and having a good old time to himself playing them.

I'm finding all this poor abused Gary stuff so patronizing. Because he's elderly doesn't mean he's stupid or not capable of a strategy, far from it. He's as smart as hell - smarter than any of them. He's in there for a month not for the rest of his life. Can we just give the man some kudo's for playing the game brilliantly and quit the poor old man sycophancy!
whether gary is old/young, able bodied/disabled, hearing impaired/good hearing, is does not really matter. most people like him because the other housemates, apart from audley, adele, and lauren when she's sober, treat him so badly. if you don't think that he is abused, you must be watching a different programme to me. they sit there holier than thou, running gary down, thinking that they are so perfect. the way he has been treated is despicable. in last nights eviction, when emma announced that james was still in, they all jumped up, hugging and congratulating him. when emma announced gary, no well dones, nothing. mean spirited lot. gary to win
booboomartin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:52 AM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
People, well some of them, like his films. So they put him on a pedestal and choose to ignore the fact his fellow housemates, in the main, can't stand him and think he is sly and manipulative.

Oddly the only hm who actually likes Gary seems to be James. Perhaps that should tell us a lot!
I think that they would do their best to discredit gary, they know that he is popular, and yes, we do choose to ignore fellow housemates who are nothing better than a gang of intolerant, nasty, bullies. and, as for gary being sly, and manipulative,
well at least he's not like dee who really is sly and manipulative. what else would you call someone, who gained the trust of her employer, then stole Ł13,000 from them, the trouble is, that most of that money belonged to vulnerable people, who had put their money into the office where dee worked, for safe keeping (joke). james, a jumped up little twat, trying to get noticed, desperate for a job, now strictly have dropped him. told audley Harrison that he was a loser, audley = Olympic gold medallist, won 31 of 38 professional fights. james = took part in 8 series of strictly, won 0 (none). wonder who the real loser is here. George = mummys boy, another twat who can't give an opinion unless he has the backing of the rest of the rat pack, ricci = blink and he's gone, lauren = desperate now, jumping in the pool, ensuring her boobs were on display. likes getting drunk, but cannot take her drink. nothing said by the rest of the pack about her peeing in the pool last week, enough said about gary's pee on the seat. audley and edele are guilty by association. they have stood by and watched others treat a 70year old, deaf, disabled man in a despicable way, the should all be ashamed of themselves. gary to win
Old 06-09-2014, 07:40 AM #11

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

Gary is nice, but annoying. He is the most famous person ever to go on Big Brother. He has died, and had brain surgery, so now he has visions of another life... 37 to be exact. He was crazy before his accident, and he is more crazy now. In the words of Pink Floyd, he is Crazy Like A Diamond.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:45 AM #12
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Completely agree with this, I think he acts befuddled at times like last night after James was saved, they ignore him because they think he is an idiot but he is intelligent in ways Dee can only dream of.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:48 AM #13

Default Gary and the truth

Quote:

I am interested just who in there you are describing as nice people btw that should be getting support rather than Gary because the only other ones I would say were nice is audley, Adele and at a push Lauren when she's sober and funny enough none of them have a problem with Gary apart fron a couple of minor things that matter not one bit....
Excellently put. I totally agree.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:08 AM #14
cancelled

cancelled

Default start

Quote:
a good start would be accepting that others may see things differently to yourself

i see gary being rude with his stares and subtle manipulation of conversations
................often interrupting

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:16 AM #15

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
a good start would be accepting that others may see things differently to yourself

Mark L
But not as rude as the others in there eh? Gary stares to see what people are saying!! he is partially deaf and he doesn't manipulate conversations,he is just clever with words and that floors the dullards.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:19 AM #16

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

I just genuinely don't understand how people see him as 'entertaining' he doesn't do, or say anything funny.. he might be interesting to watch, but that in no way equates to entertainment in my books.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:53 AM #17

So tell me what would you have if BB was full of nice people dah ,
nina73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:05 AM #18

A tea party and how many of those could anyone watch !!!
nina73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:11 AM #19

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboomartin View Post
I think that they would do their best to discredit gary, they know that he is popular, and yes, we do choose to ignore fellow housemates who are nothing better than a gang of intolerant, nasty, bullies. and, as for gary being sly, and manipulative,
well at least he's not like dee who really is sly and manipulative. what else would you call someone, who gained the trust of her employer, then stole Ł13,000 from them, the trouble is, that most of that money belonged to vulnerable people, who had put their money into the office where dee worked, for safe keeping (joke). james, a jumped up little twat, trying to get noticed, desperate for a job, now strictly have dropped him. told audley Harrison that he was a loser, audley = Olympic gold medallist, won 31 of 38 professional fights. james = took part in 8 series of strictly, won 0 (none). wonder who the real loser is here. George = mummys boy, another twat who can't give an opinion unless he has the backing of the rest of the rat pack, ricci = blink and he's gone, lauren = desperate now, jumping in the pool, ensuring her boobs were on display. likes getting drunk, but cannot take her drink. nothing said by the rest of the pack about her peeing in the pool last week, enough said about gary's pee on the seat. audley and edele are guilty by association. they have stood by and watched others treat a 70year old, deaf, disabled man in a despicable way, the should all be ashamed of themselves. gary to win
I'm with you.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 06-09-2014, 09:20 AM #20

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post

Mark L
What is really funny about that is that he has a fake eye so he can't see where it is looking.

But aside from that looking or staring is no crime. I've had a man stare at me before and run his tongue all over his lips in a public place, he might have looked an idiot but it wasn't a crime.

― Richard Dawkins
Old 06-09-2014, 09:28 AM #21

Gary is the font of all Knowledge and wisdom.

What a missed opportunity in there to extract -to soak some of that up- to learn and better themselves, use their time wisely instead of thinking -'What's in it for me' - 'What about ME,ME,ME' ?

In the face of surmounting hostility he's remained calm, tried to take on board and improve his ways and in the meant time {even though they have tried to ostracise him} he's still managed to entertain us. Whether it be in the diary room or in the garden by himself.

{ That is a tactic that some of them are trying to use} If he's not got a 'foil' then he cannot entertain , basically, he's been put on ignore 'cos they know he's popular and foolishly they have come to their immature conclusion that if he hasn't got an audience to bounce off then he's going to come unstuck. He doesn't need an internal audience, he's got us the viewers.

He's not a victim- { well of bullying and ageism} but he's not playing the victim or acting up on his problems, rather the opposite he is taking it in his stride. You can argue all you like about skewed editing but what BB cannot do is make you say words that weren't there. Yes, they can make you look a bit of a t!t by removing {sometimes} the reason why you may have said those words. But that wouldn't stack up over a long period of time. Take Bully for instance, he cannot come out and claim that it was bad editing that made him look like a Bully or a nasty human being, they aren't isolated incidents,. He clearly has a problem that no about of positive of negative editing could change your opinion of him- other than completely not showing him.

I don't think he's been entertaining - I don't enjoy watching him- I don't think he's been an integral part of the show- I don't think he would have been missed. He clearly has some sort of strategy in there and he knows the format of BB that's abundant from the things he said to Audley about him now trying to garner support by being controversial.

As I alluded to earlier this week if he went the whole house would take a collective sigh of relief and would become a lighter much more fun place to be in. Bully is a negative human being, controlling and very judgmental. He'd assessed everyone the moment he walked in, catogarised them and of course he was about all of them bar 1 {his words} That immediately tells you that he's an insecure person- fearful and scared of the unknown- he's always got to be prepared- probably a control freak. I really do pity his family and poor Ola. Kellie says that he really talks bad about all women in a degrading way, I could imagine he's over bearing and very possessive.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:55 AM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Gary is the font of all Knowledge and wisdom.

What a missed opportunity in there to extract -to soak some of that up- to learn and better themselves, use their time wisely instead of thinking -'What's in it for me' - 'What about ME,ME,ME' ?

In the face of surmounting hostility he's remained calm, tried to take on board and improve his ways and in the meant time {even though they have tried to ostracise him} he's still managed to entertain us. Whether it be in the diary room or in the garden by himself.

{ That is a tactic that some of them are trying to use} If he's not got a 'foil' then he cannot entertain , basically, he's been put on ignore 'cos they know he's popular and foolishly they have come to their immature conclusion that if he hasn't got an audience to bounce off then he's going to come unstuck. He doesn't need an internal audience, he's got us the viewers.

He's not a victim- { well of bullying and ageism} but he's not playing the victim or acting up on his problems, rather the opposite he is taking it in his stride. You can argue all you like about skewed editing but what BB cannot do is make you say words that weren't there. Yes, they can make you look a bit of a t!t by removing {sometimes} the reason why you may have said those words. But that wouldn't stack up over a long period of time. Take Bully for instance, he cannot come out and claim that it was bad editing that made him look like a Bully or a nasty human being, they aren't isolated incidents,. He clearly has a problem that no about of positive of negative editing could change your opinion of him- other than completely not showing him.

I don't think he's been entertaining - I don't enjoy watching him- I don't think he's been an integral part of the show- I don't think he would have been missed. He clearly has some sort of strategy in there and he knows the format of BB that's abundant from the things he said to Audley about him now trying to garner support by being controversial.

As I alluded to earlier this week if he went the whole house would take a collective sigh of relief and would become a lighter much more fun place to be in. Bully is a negative human being, controlling and very judgmental. He'd assessed everyone the moment he walked in, catogarised them and of course he was about all of them bar 1 {his words} That immediately tells you that he's an insecure person- fearful and scared of the unknown- he's always got to be prepared- probably a control freak. I really do pity his family and poor Ola. Kellie says that he really talks bad about all women in a degrading way, I could imagine he's over bearing and very possessive.
for the house to be a nicer place you would have to remove dee as well as james. she is now starting to show her true colours, rules the roost, safe in the knowledge that no one, except gary, or maybe james would nominate her. james telling audley that he was a loser, I applaud audley's self control. loser! Olympic gold medallist, 38 professional fights, won 31. now, let me see, james, took part in 8 series of strictly come dancing, won none (0), who's the loser?
Old 06-09-2014, 09:58 AM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
I just genuinely don't understand how people see him as 'entertaining' he doesn't do, or say anything funny.. he might be interesting to watch, but that in no way equates to entertainment in my books.
So,tell me exactly how the others are 'entertaining'?

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:08 AM #24

He's playing the part of a grumpy old man and doing it superbly. I like watching the odd smile when he does something that annoys the others.
gibsonsg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:11 AM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
So,tell me exactly how the others are 'entertaining'?
James has made me laugh more than anyone this series.. his 'argument' with Audley last night, was hysterical, he's witty, he's sarcastic, he's brutal and he's honest, those are traits i find funny.. George, as much as i dislike him, has mad me belly laugh on a few occasions, Stephanie was amazing in the toothpaste task, for me, entertainment is being able to watch someone and laugh at what they say/do, Gary unfortunately has not entertained me in the slightest.
It's all a matter of personal opinion, I get that a lot of people don't see it as i do and i respect that.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
backin, bbots, gary, nice, truth