Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 06-09-2014, 03:00 PM #1

Default Can we have some concrete examples of Gary's rudeness?

I have watched every highlights show, every live feed and every web clip. I have never seen anything from gary that I would describe as rude.

So let's have the concrete examples of this supposed rudeness.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:03 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Is there any point? no matter how many examples are given, you and many other people on here just won't accept that he's rude
Old 06-09-2014, 03:05 PM #3

Tumble weed city in here already. Quelle Surprise.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:06 PM #4

Thing is, the only vague examples that i have ever seen posted are all very recent. If they genuinely were rude then they would be justified as Gary retaliating. The bullying of gary started in the first couple of days.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:29 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
I have watched every highlights show, every live feed and every web clip. I have never seen anything from gary that I would describe as rude.

There are countless examples of the HMs being rude to Gary, but few, if any, of him being genuinely rude to them. The rudeness claim is purely a means of putting him down and singling him out for their mob bullying tactics.

Let That Which Dwells in the Darkness

Be Brought Into The Light
Old 06-09-2014, 03:34 PM #6

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Why is there no tumbleweed emoticon?

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:36 PM #7

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:

No,ThriceShy,because quite simply there are none.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:36 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
Is there any point? no matter how many examples are given, you and many other people on here just won't accept that he's rude
Try us

Old 06-09-2014, 03:46 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Old 06-09-2014, 03:48 PM #10
cancelled

cancelled

Default rude

whispering about george , barging into housemates ( the time gary apologised for ) spitting stuff back out into hm's cups ( also that gary apologised for ) insulting james in the shower in the early stages ( some homophobic comment )

quickly off the top of my head adding to hm's constant complaints often to gary's face which he never refutes

Mark L

Last edited by ebandit; 06-09-2014 at 03:49 PM.
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:53 PM #11

I haven't really accused Gary of being rude - but I have admitted I probably couldn't live with him 24/7.

There was only once I can think of where I did think "hmmm, he actually is a bit rude" and that was in the video where he was giving advice to Frenchy. Don't know what it was called, but he was telling her she needed to "acclimatise" and she was saying that she just wanted to be herself - he ended up calling her stupid because she didn't agree with him. Well that's vaguely how I remember it.

Other people will say he wasn't being rude no doubt but that's fine. We are all entitled to our own opinions and reactions to things. When other people are seeing a font of all wisdom, I am seeing an arrogance and refusal to listen to anyone else which is reminiscent of James in a way.

Over all however, I don't see Gary as rude, but I do see him as lacking somewhat in social skills at times in his interactions. That may be due to selective highlights too so I take it all with a pinch of salt both ways.

Last edited by Tip; 06-09-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:53 PM #12
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
whispering about george , barging into housemates ( the time gary apologised for ) spitting stuff back out into hm's cups ( also that gary apologised for ) insulting james in the shower in the early stages ( some homophobic comment )

quickly off the top of my head adding to hm's constant complaints often to gary's face which he never refutes

Mark L
This was clarified by Stephanie on BOTS, Gary opened a drawer in the bathroom and it hit Lauren, not the same as is being implied at all
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:55 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Mark L
No way,lol,this is pretty weak but at least you tried,Gary does not BARGE into people he would be told by BB if he did and God forbid he bumped into someone by accident AND apologised,lol,not even seen or heard about the cups stuff,probably something Stephanie cooked up,and you cannot even remember the supposed insult in the shower so it cant have been so terrible,as for he never refutes anything ,he probably doesn't hear what's said properly,and they never give him chance to say much anyway,sorry people will have to do better than this

Old 06-09-2014, 04:04 PM #14
cancelled

cancelled

Default tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
No way,lol,this is pretty weak but at least you tried,Gary does not BARGE into people he would be told by BB if he did and God forbid he bumped into someone by accident AND apologised,lol,not even seen or heard about the cups stuff,probably something Stephanie cooked up,and you cannot even remember the supposed insult in the shower so it cant have been so terrible,as for he never refutes anything ,he probably doesn't hear what's said properly,and they never give him chance to say much anyway,sorry people will have to do better than this
in both examples I quoted gary admitted to being in the wrong and that he would try harder in the future.........neither was stephanie

I rememember gary referring to james as butt**cker...not nice!

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:15 PM #15

All you need to do is look, it's really obvious.

I've already given 3 clear ones, there are many more.

1. How he sat on the edge of the bed and stared at Stephanie like a stalker when she was having to go to lengths of eben hiding under covers to get away from him

2. How he said bluntly with a hard stare at George " No Way buddie" when showing he would not show tolerance to others human errors

3. How he sneakily threatened Dee with " It's nominations again soon" with a grin on his face rather than just let her walk away.

Case Closed.
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:17 PM #16
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromhx02 View Post
All you need to do is look, it's really obvious.

I've already given 3 clear ones, there are many more.

1. How he sat on the edge of the bed and stared at Stephanie like a stalker when she was having to go to lengths of eben hiding under covers to get away from him

2. How he said bluntly with a hard stare at George " No Way buddie" when showing he would not show tolerance to others human errors

3. How he sneakily threatened Dee with " It's nominations again soon" with a grin on his face rather than just let her walk away.

Case Closed.
The lengths people will go to try and criticize Gary is hilarious. All weak and flimsy attempts that I've seen so far
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:19 PM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
I haven't really accused Gary of being rude - but I have admitted I probably couldn't live with him 24/7.

There was only once I can think of where I did think "hmmm, he actually is a bit rude" and that was in the video where he was giving advice to Frenchy. Don't know what it was called, but he was telling her she needed to "acclimatise" and she was saying that she just wanted to be herself - he ended up calling her stupid because she didn't agree with him. Well that's vaguely how I remember it.

Other people will say he wasn't being rude no doubt but that's fine. We are all entitled to our own opinions and reactions to things. When other people are seeing a font of all wisdom, I am seeing an arrogance and refusal to listen to anyone else which is reminiscent of James in a way.

Over all however, I don't see Gary as rude, but I do see him as lacking somewhat in social skills at times in his interactions. That may be due to selective highlights too so I take it all with a pinch of salt both ways.
we could go around in circles, now in what way did he say stupid? It is all so immaterial tbh, he comes across as rude sometimes because of his "what" and his facial expression. It is just him and the different ways it can be perceived.

I think he has plenty of social skills, this is borne out by his vts on his charity work. He speaks and interacts very well but of course he is in his comfort zone. In the house it is entirely different and he knows what the others feel about him.

He possibly reacts in his own way to a situation, as in wearing his pyjama trousers. Had to laugh at that but as Dee isnt his carer she neednt have told him. He may have possibly sorted himself out. As he said it is what is inside which is important, not how one looks and he stood by his guns. He is nobodies sheep. They are all different which is just as well as otherwise the show would have been very boring. I wonder who they would have pulled to pieces had Gary not been there, who would have been their scapegoat?
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:28 PM #18

I'm not trying to persuade anyone of how I judge Gary - so yes it is totally immaterial, and this incident I remembered was nothing to do with his facial expression.

He is great at monologues but I don't think he has such great skills at genuine interaction. He is one of life's "lecturers" which is great if you are a fan and want to be lectured to.

I'm sure Frenchy would have been for it first if Gary wasn't there.

Last edited by Tip; 06-09-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:29 PM #19

Quote:

Mark L
Whispering about George, James was egging him on and all he was saying was a truth for some. Nervous people often walk around etc. etc. Gosh I wonder if he heard George say that he didnt go in there to babysit or was it to be a carer or was it something else.

He supposedly doesnt have showers so we have never seen him in the shower room, I cannot even remember seeing James have a shower come to that. Are you talking about the time that James went to put his finger up Leslies posterior when Leslie was bent over? Never refutes, it is easier to agree and to say sorry because half the time he doesnt even know what they are talking about and a number of housemates against one is hardly fair now is it. Havent heard anything about spitting things out into HMs cups, I thought the cups belonged to all of them.

Nah but oh my gosh, Gary are you in there with so many perfect HMs, tut tut now behave yourself. I guess none of us should pick on any of them because in all instances something else can be brought to the attention of all......
Old 06-09-2014, 04:36 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
I'm not trying to persuade anyone of how I judge Gary - so yes it is totally immaterial, and this incident I remembered was nothing to do with his facial expression.

He is great at monologues but I don't think he has such great skills at genuine interaction. He is one of life's "lecturers" which is great if you are a fan and want to be lectured to.

I'm sure Frenchy would have been for it first if Gary wasn't there.

I loved them together tbh, are you saying you think Frenchy would have been out, I dont think so if I am honest, she was quite hilarious in her own way. I couldnt understand why she went on that night as according to OC it was between two others but some possibly tried to split the vote and she crept up the scale. I wonder what sort of relationship they had together before they went into the house, how long were they together?

There is a lovely VT of him interacting with a disabled person and other people so whilst I accept that yes he could be a lecturer he also interacts and shows empathy.

Well we are at the end of another series so in their own way they have all entertained us..
Old 06-09-2014, 04:42 PM #21

No, my comment about Frenchy was in answer to you asking who might have been pulled to pieces if Gary wasn't in there.

I didn't want Frenchy out and I don't want Gary out.

However, I know I probably wouldn't get on with either of them if I were in the house - I just think they have made the program entertaining along with James.

I'm probably not going to go out of my way to watch a load of videos of any of them outside the house - as they don't really interest me that much tbh. So I am just responding to how it comes across in there to me - and I don't take any of it too seriously. His empathy in the house tends to merge into yet more monologues - and I'm not a great fan of those in anyone.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:47 PM #22

Quote:

He's a bit blunt sometimes but I wouldn't say he was rude. Sadly there are some sensitive souls who don't see it that way.
gibsonsg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:01 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Why is there no tumbleweed emoticon?
They probably all got used up in the Stephanie appreciation thread.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:02 PM #24

Quote:

Mark L
How was gary's comment homophobic? If you think asking if someone is gay is homophobic then I don't think gary is the one with the problem.

When did he spit in cups? Was this shown?
Old 06-09-2014, 05:03 PM #25

Quote:
Why have you posted a link to a lie thread?

Gary never said what is alleged.

No deal, buddy.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
busey, concrete, examples, gary, rudeness