Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 06-09-2014, 09:16 PM #1

Default Holy,Holy Holy. The Mediator.

What an amazing episode that was

Love it, just love it.

Bully Elloit absolutely owned.

Rattled beyond belief.

I cannot believe how good Gary Busey was as the mediator- a riveting 1 hour show.

Did you notice how Bully tried to turn it around away from him ( deflection) back on to Gary. But he was having non of it.

Anyone who had any lingering doubts about Bully's state of mind, his behavior, his attitude, the way he projects himself should have non after tonight's show.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:18 PM #2

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Yes ,one of the best ever imo.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:20 PM #3
cancelled

cancelled

Default gary

I must add............gary was in his element he did that well

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:55 PM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary

Gary was great this episode. The task really suited him, and I think that it may have dawned on some of the housemates that he is not as daft as they thought he was.
susie q is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:01 PM #5

the ironic thing is that, if James was prepared to listen to advice, he could have learned something useful but he is such a narcissistic egomaniac he wouldn't even contemplate it.

As for his attempt to turn this back on Gary, it's typical of all narcissists - projection. They can never be wrong as their whole house of cards fake edifice that they have created for themselves will come crumbling down.

Still, the little sh*t got exposed well and truly tonight - serves him right.
jegmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:09 PM #6

It was a great one tonight James was very upset it was so sad for the creep he had to go talk to BB.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:55 PM #7

It was great viewing... I don't think I have ever watched such a delusional person like James before.
I never use the C word....but it's the most fitting one for James. I thought at first James was deliberately being confrontational for airtime, but as time has passed I see that he is just confrontational, nasty, hypocritical and deluded.
He is a really sad man with such a big chip on his shoulder. Everything he does is a joke at someone else's expense...but when people hold their own and show him up for what he really is he just cannot handle it.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:14 AM #8

For the first time I felt a tad sorry for Bully last night, he looked light he was totally defeated. Totally and utterly defeated.

It's clear that Gary has the measure of him by a country mile. It was like a frustrated father talking to an off the rail teenager with raging hormones. Bully looked physically shocked.

But nothing said last night that I haven't analysed and posted on here. Bullies' facial and body expressions give him away every time, he's like a coiled spring waiting to explode but somehow manages to keep the lid on things but all the subliminal signals he gives off betray the words he dishes out.

The two clips they highlighted last night, one with the confrontation with Gary about whether it was cheers or boos and the way that he lied - straight up- about what Gary had said, Gary pulled him up on it {rightly so} He caved in immediately. Then....

The 'spoiler' clip where he's in the kitchen with Audley and Dee. {Audley is way too nice} Instead of going for the jugular he can see Bully is wounded and wants to help build him back up with the offer of help to teach him how to cook. The point I am making about these two clip is that he looks like a defeated wretch, he looks painfully confused almost like a new intern on his first day at a new school.

Last edited by delta; 07-09-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:21 AM #9
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..yeah Gary was great at the 'therapist'..I loved every moment of that although I'm not sure such honesty would be the therapy way in real life....and it was the first time I'd seen James really taken aback/almost startled...Gary really hit on some nerves there and I think that could be a good thing for James because there is definitely a 'crisis' he needs to resolve with himself in his life I think...he's not a bully though or anything close to a bully...he's pompous/arrogant/self-important/intolerant at times... etc but nothing like a bully...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:28 AM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..yeah Gary was great at the 'therapist'..I loved every moment of that although I'm not sure such honesty would be the therapy way in real life....and it was the first time I'd seen James really taken aback/almost startled...Gary really hit on some nerves there and I think that could be a good thing for James because there is definitely a 'crisis' he needs to resolve with himself in his life I think...he's not a bully though or anything close to a bully...he's pompous/arrogant/self-important/intolerant at times... etc but nothing like a bully...

That's where we differ on the opinion of him. Bullies come in all guises, he has his gang with him he plays to that audience feeds off them. True, not all the time he is picking on the weak, but he does attack the vulnerable and hey, I must have a longer, sharper memory than you. He threatened to hit a 70 year old man. He had to be dragged into line about his treatment of Gary at the start of the show and if he hadn't the bullying and mistreatment of a pensioner would have really got out of hand. He clearly had an agenda get rid of all the people he didn't like so he could run and rule the house how he wanted it. Life doesn't work like that. Sorry, he has all the signs of a bully and a coward. The remarks he made about Laurren then didn't have the balls to stand up and be accountable for his words. Then he back tracked after he was called out for it.

A classic bully with severe self esteem issues.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:58 AM #11
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
That's where we differ on the opinion of him. Bullies come in all guises, he has his gang with him he plays to that audience feeds off them. True, not all the time he is picking on the weak, but he does attack the vulnerable and hey, I must have a longer, sharper memory than you. He threatened to hit a 70 year old man. He had to be dragged into line about his treatment of Gary at the start of the show and if he hadn't the bullying and mistreatment of a pensioner would have really got out of hand. He clearly had an agenda get rid of all the people he didn't like so he could run and rule the house how he wanted it. Life doesn't work like that. Sorry, he has all the signs of a bully and a coward. The remarks he made about Laurren then didn't have the balls to stand up and be accountable for his words. Then he back tracked after he was called out for it.

...hmmm, I agree with some of what you say...I do recall the confrontation at the beginning and it was definitely to me a self esteem issue and a 'peening of feathers' which he's also done with other housemates but not of 'bullying'...and I do agree that bullying comes in different guises but I don't think it applies here at all...I also think we should stop thinking things like 'mistreatment of a pensioner' because age is irrelevant to an intolerance and lack of understanding/ignorance shown with an impairment, which many of the housemates have equally shown...James no more so tbh... Gary and James most definitely got off on the wrong footing and I think BB were brilliant in how they handled it because it put it back on him to try to get the others to see more tolerance because it was all of them...or still a lot of them at that time...I also disagree on James wanting to 'get rid of people to rule the house'...one of the things about James is that to 'feed' his confidence and self esteem he has had to have those 'stronger' housemates in to pit himself against..?...that's been a big and constant thing with him...and although he has shown extreme intolerance to Gary, I think Steph was probably worse for me and always 'feeding the Gary 'hate'....James has also probably more than anyone else, tried to help Gary at times and spent more time with him, it's just that they're such different people and he's ultimately lost his patience again..I don't like James that much, there is so much at fault with him and there (I think) are serious self esteem issues, which yes would go with 'bully' but I don't think that applies here and he's never to me been a 'leader' of a group...there has been a bandwagon which they've all jumped on and he's been an equal part of that, while also equally 'fighting his battles' with other housemates as well as Gary...
Old 07-09-2014, 08:11 AM #12
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:

Areally good insightful post delta.
I would myself still hold back as to the bully description but you do point out the traits he has of a bully.
James does play to the pack, especially those he knows will pick up on and agree with whoever he is getting at.

I have a mixed view of James with Gary, he 'appears' to look out for him, however is that only becasue he was 'guided' to by BB when they had their chat with him about housemates being ostracised.

He still grabs every opportunity to get at Gary with his audience,always adding 'he has tried to be a friend to him in this house'.

Nice cop, bad cop routine at times too which does open up inappropriate behaviour to another.
So although I wouldn't go all the way as to saying it was bullying completely, I do feel in James the undercurrents of bullying are there in his personality and attitude that you have pointed out in your post.

Last edited by joeysteele; 07-09-2014 at 02:16 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:15 AM #13
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

And I missed it all! Hopefully it gets on Demand quick so I can catch-up.

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:16 AM #14
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
..silly Josh.....
Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 AM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...hmmm, I agree with some of what you say...I do recall the confrontation at the beginning and it was definitely to me a self esteem issue and a 'peening of feathers' which he's also done with other housemates but not of 'bullying'...and I do agree that bullying comes in different guises but I don't think it applies here at all...I also think we should stop thinking things like 'mistreatment of a pensioner' because age is irrelevant to an intolerance and lack of understanding/ignorance shown with an impairment, which many of the housemates have equally shown...James no more so tbh... Gary and James most definitely got off on the wrong footing and I think BB were brilliant in how they handled it because it put it back on him to try to get the others to see more tolerance because it was all of them...or still a lot of them at that time...I also disagree on James wanting to 'get rid of people to rule the house'...one of the things about James is that to 'feed' his confidence and self esteem he has had to have those 'stronger' housemates in to pit himself against..?...that's been a big and constant thing with him...and although he has shown extreme intolerance to Gary, I think Steph was probably worse for me and always 'feeding the Gary 'hate'....James has also probably more than anyone else, tried to help Gary at times and spent more time with him, it's just that they're such different people and he's ultimately lost his patience again..I don't like James that much, there is so much at fault with him and there (I think) are serious self esteem issues, which yes would go with 'bully' but I don't think that applies here and he's never to me been a 'leader' of a group...there has been a bandwagon which they've all jumped on and he's been an equal part of that, while also equally 'fighting his battles' with other housemates as well as Gary...

I think the age thing is extremely pertinent as the conversation went " Oh my god I don't think I have hit a 70 year old person, not yet anyway"

He's a classic bully cloaked in a veneer of gooey falseness, constantly shifting the posts from "oh look at me I am the victim here" To one of all out merciless attack, with out stopping to think of the consequences.

The incident we are talking about happened in the very first week of their stay in the house. No boundaries were set and no matter how an older person is acting you NEVER would talk to them and try to bully the older person down in the manner that Bully Elliot attempted to do.

Just the mere fact that he wants to be ( and I think the expression is a loads of codswallop) to be 'Alpha male' demonstrates his need to be top dog and to give the orders and for someone who never, ever is going to be reveals so much about his character.

People who have been bullied tend to show classic signs of being a bully but are unable to carry out properly. He admitted that he'd been bullied and belittled when he was younger and going into what was considered an effeminate occupation he's probably lived with that burden or label of people calling him and accusing of not being a real man.

Kellie states that he is demeaning to women and talks disgracefully about his wife in front of others. He also stated that he was a bully. I agree, he bullied Kelly all of the time. Now do you think he would have said the same things to Frank? No!!! He took liberties. Why? Because he felt safe to do it- no real threat or comebacks.

Another classic sign of a bully is when they are being stood up to or confronted they then become the coward and back down- all front and bluster and we have seen this on numerous occasions where someone has stood up to him and he's caved in. I don't mean Audley who is too nice a guy to be really nasty and knows it's decisive and counter productive to be arguing all of the time. Bully also knows that whilst he's in the safe confines of the BB house he can goad Audley all he wants and there will be no consequences- so even in that scenario he's attempting to belittle and bully Audley.

You disagree about him not wanting certain people around him and not wanting to rule the house? Are you watching the same program as the rest of us? He's tried to be Alpha male for the last 3 weeks and has embarrassed himself beyond belief.

He said last night after he felt ambushed and he then appeared in the diary room as a quivering wreck with a tissue in his hand that the 3 people he didn't like and had a problem with were allowed to attack him. He then went on to say after Kellie had been evicted that was one less to deal with and they wouldn't be able to act as a tag team to be able to verbally attack him. What? Half of the time they weren't talking to each other, so we can dispel that notion that they had some sort of strategy to undermine him.

As Luisa stated last night the guy has so many personal issues and could potentially do something really bad or alluded to something along those lines.

Nah Bully Elliot is the most apt tag to hang round his repulsive neck. Por moi !
Old 07-09-2014, 10:52 AM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post

Josh, you missed a classic!!!!!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:54 AM #17

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek

It was just another example of BB pandering to Gary, giving him the chance to feel and act better than everyone else, typical really.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:56 AM #18

Gary is an expert on conflict resolution?
It must be frustrating for him in that house lol.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:00 AM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamPRW View Post
It was just another example of BB pandering to Gary, giving him the chance to feel and act better than everyone else, typical really.
He walked the walk and talked the talk.

Non scripted. Pure genius!!!!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:01 AM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
Gary is an expert on conflict resolution?
It must be frustrating for him in that house lol.

He actually said to George { I think} that he didn't know where the words came from and thanked an unknown entity for helping through the day.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:02 AM #21

Ah yes, that old Gary chestnut.

He's not my favourite actor of all time, but I think if my favourite actor were still alive and in the BB house the other hms would be coming across even worse.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:04 AM #22

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

So James does "want to be liked" Why behave in the way he has been then ?

A great show last night too.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:06 AM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorson View Post
So James does "want to be liked" Why behave in the way he has been then ?

A great show last night too.
I just think he had literally no idea how this would all wear him down and expose himself to himself.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:08 AM #24

Quote:
What an amazing episode that was

Love it, just love it.

Bully Elloit absolutely owned.

Rattled beyond belief.

I cannot believe how good Gary Busey was as the mediator- a riveting 1 hour show.

Did you notice how Bully tried to turn it around away from him ( deflection) back on to Gary. But he was having non of it.

Anyone who had any lingering doubts about Bully's state of mind, his behavior, his attitude, the way he projects himself should have non after tonight's show.
I totally agree. This just illustrates how superior an entertaining HM Gary is given the opportunity to show it. More Gary airtime I say.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:08 AM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip View Post
Ah yes, that old Gary chestnut.

He's not my favourite actor of all time, but I think if my favourite actor were still alive and in the BB house the other hms would be coming across even worse.

Would you care to elaborate?

Oh, come on, it's been said from day 1 of BB that it's impossible to act in there for more than a couple of days. Look what happened when they sent an actor in a couple of seasons ago. They rumbled him almost straight away.

You are literally dealing with quantum maths and infinite possibilities. Not a chance of pulling it off.

What he has done is use the house mates negativeness towards him in a positive light. They have also left him no other option in there other than to entertain himself and us.

So really they have shot themselves in the foot. They 'collectively' think,with out discussing it with each other. That if they don't talk to him then he won't get any camera time. How sadly mistaken they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
holy, mediator