Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 10-09-2014, 04:53 PM #1

Default Adele had a go at Gary when it was Dee who said 'Be Quiet'

Adele didn't say a dickie bird to Dee when Dee said very loudly 'Can you be quiet because Gary cannot hear'. It wasn't Gary who said it. OK, so then he did pipe up 'it's their hobby to be loud' - which I thought was quite funny.

But Adele went at Gary hammer and tongs - yet did not say a word to Dee.

It was Dee who started that argument and Gary just put in his 'hobby' comment, and got blasted for it.

That house drives me crazy. They can all say and do things .... except Gary, who is called 'rude' etc. etc. the minute he says a word. It's like the rest of the house think he isn't entitled to even breathe.

Audrey's the only one who is decent in my eyes.
beardedbloke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:07 PM #2
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:10 PM #3

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

I think that you are right now you bring it up.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:14 PM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Dee did tell them to shut up because Gary couldn't hear, but from watching the clip, being told to be quiet wasn't Edele's issue was it? I thought it was the whole 'Your hobby is being loud' thing that she had an issue with?

Last edited by Liam-; 10-09-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:26 PM #5
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..yeah I think you're right beardedbloke, some of them do 'make a hobby out of being loud' and talking over conversations and interjecting in conversations etc and just all talking together...Edele made comment herself with the nomination thing when she was talking to Audley and Lauren was replying and commenting and then Dee and James got involved as well..it's something they all do and are fine when Dee or someone asks them to hush up but didn't seem to like Gary's particular wording, which actually I think is less rude...I honestly don't think they even hear when someone else says hush up because it's a regular thing but are attuned to anything Gary says which they can find criticism for...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:14 PM #6
Namaste

Namaste

The thing she took offence to was when Gary said "Their hobby is being loud" or something like that.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:16 PM #7
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedbloke View Post
Adele didn't say a dickie bird to Dee when Dee said very loudly 'Can you be quiet because Gary cannot hear'. It wasn't Gary who said it. OK, so then he did pipe up 'it's their hobby to be loud' - which I thought was quite funny.

It was Dee who started that argument and Gary just put in his 'hobby' comment, and got blasted for it.

That house drives me crazy. They can all say and do things .... except Gary, who is called 'rude' etc. etc. the minute he says a word. It's like the rest of the house think he isn't entitled to even breathe.

she said days ago gary was the weak one who would be targetted, shes a spiteful predictable vile fake bully. crocodile tears
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:14 AM #8

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedbloke View Post

You are 100% correct, but I'm afraid, it does not matter on here, how accurate your perception is, or how precisely you relate what you have perceived, the anti-Gary trolls will deflect and divert to avoid admitting the truth that he is being treated atrociously within that house; "It wasn't the being told to shut up, which Edele took umbrage at, it was when Gary said..." etc.etc.

Not all cowards are bullies, but all bullies are cowards, and in that house, with the notable exception of Audley, all the remaining house mates are scum, who from the start, have targeted Gary and bullied him shamelessly.

The 2 most vitriolic remaining HM's are Dee and Adele, and there have been times during their unjustified rants at Gary, when their faces have contorted with pure hatred, and their stares have been menacing.

James, is an egotistical immature idiot, who has probably bullied Gary the most, but he has never displayed the intensity of hatred towards him that Dee and Edele have. It's as though James' 'rants' have been purely for the camera - to illustrate how macho he is in confronting Gary in the first place, then how fair and caring he is during the after rant explanatory lectures where he talked down to Gary and patronised him. On the occasions when Gary (and Audley) have stood up to James, James has capitulated very, very quickly, simply because he is a bully and a coward.

Dee is one of the most vile human beings ever put on TV. She is the ultimate 2 faced, backstabbing, ****-stirring, scheming, bully and coward. She joins in with the baying pack when they are bullying Gary, starts the bullying if none is taking place, then slinks away or goes quiet when what she has started begins to escalate. She is a very devious manipulator, who - when she has yielded to her base instincts and bullied Gary - soon realises the mistake she has made because she knows that Gary is so popular with the public, and sets about on 'damage limitation' with creeping and fake fawning which would put 'Uriah Heep' to shame; "I'm sorry Gary. I'm sorry'. Gary ... I'm sorry", only to immediately flit from bullying crony to bullying crony slagging off the man she has just apologised to.

George - a revolting egotistical buffoon of pseudo intelligence and very, very, sly and devious - probably the biggest game-player in the house. He is one of those cowards who delight in the bullying and contributes from a safe distance. He goes to great pains to portray himself as a nice, ordinary man with morals and a moderate temperament, but he betrays that with his sly mocking grins, and smirking and sneering to the others when Gary is talking, or trying to defend himself to one of the others.

Edele - a genuinely nasty bitch, whose reputation as one preceded her, and at first, she set about portraying herself as 'little Miss Nice' - the voice of reason, a very fair - if somewhat boring - house-mate. As with the others, the façade soon slipped however, and the bitter, ugly person she really is has been well exposed over the past few days. Her desire to win at all costs was illustrated by her pathetic 'showmance' style, attachment to George, and her desperate cringe-worthy foray into the pool fully clothed, once she had learnt that she had been perceived by the public as 'boring'. She may have also started to pick on Gary for the same reasons, but the hatred in her ugly, contorted face when she was berating him in the garden was all too real.

They are genuine bullies - there can be no doubt of that, but the way that they obsequiously apologise to Gary once they have realised that by yielding to their base instincts they may have damaged their popularity with the viewers, speaks volumes about their cowardice in hiding behind their façades.

This is not a 'Reality Game Show' as some on here maintain - it was meant to be - but because of these vile bullying bastards, this is as much a game show as Fox Hunting is a sport at the moment the baying pack of hounds are ripping the cornered fox to shreds - it is very, very, uncomfortable viewing.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:54 AM #9

It made me feel sick last night watching Edele last night shouting in Gary's face trying to get a reaction over the "keep quiet fracas"she was well out of order Gary said several times he didn't want another argument but she just wouldn't let it go nasty woman she resulted to tears to get sympathy !!!!
nina73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:22 AM #10

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Lionel Blair

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Not all cowards are bullies, but all bullies are cowards

I don't agree with all of your post but the above statement in particular is simply not true.

Not all bullies are cowards. As you do often in your post, you're trying to turn something that is complicated and nuanced into something that is black and white.

For example, I don't like James but he's not a "coward". He's argumentative and arrogant and doesn't realize how patronizing he comes across as when arguing.
colin72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:25 AM #11

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin72 View Post
I don't agree with all of your post but the above statement in particular is simply not true.

Not all bullies are cowards. As you do often in your post, you're trying to turn something that is complicated and nuanced into something that is black and white.

For example, I don't like James but he's not a "coward". He's argumentative and arrogant and doesn't realize how patronizing he comes across as when arguing.
There is not time, nor space here to write comprehensive essays, and you are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. All bullies are cowards. Hitler may be the best example, when he took poison. Bullies I personally have witnessed, have all become cowards once stood up to and conquered. Are bomb-planting terrorists heroic?

James is a bully and a coward. He has irrefutably displayed that over the past weeks. There are many examples of how he has - unjustifiably - harassed and bullied Gary Busey (and to a lesser degree Audley) only to quickly capitulate once Gary has stood up to him.

I am not going into detail, because the tapes are there for all to watch, and any honest, impartial viewer, can see for themselves, but a notable example is when James - totally unjustifiably - subjected Gary to a tirade of abuse over a completely innocuous jokey comment about 'Butt-****ing". Gary endured it all then - being the bigger man - walked away. However, when James called Gary a 'Dick head' Gary hurried back to James who was sitting down and told him to "Get up" in a tone which showed Gary meant 'business'. James went white and said weakly; "Why?" Gary replied; "Because I asked you to". James, still clearly petrified, said; "I'm not going to argue with you" etc.

Just recently, when James was again showing what a macho man he is and accused Gary of something he had not said, Gary again stood up to him and told him he hadn't said that and that James was "lying". James, once again, meekly said; "Oh All right.".

James' attempts to bully Audley and his repeated aggressive displays towards him are done in the safe knowledge that nothing violent is going to occur as a result within the CBB house. Audley may not have reached his great potential as a boxer, but he would be far too much for James in any kind of fight. In addition, James knows that not only is Audley grounded and mature, he would also lose his boxing licence were he to rise to the bait and retaliate.

Now, add the fact that the evicted Lauren never shirked from having a word with Gary when she felt the need to - which wasn't very often - because she knew that Gary is a reasonable, gentle type of person, but yet she was so intimidated by bully James that she has waited until she is no longer in the same confined space as him to admit that James was the worst house-mate to live with etc.

Intimidating women, confronting and challenging a 70 years old disabled man, and an able-bodied man who can't and won't accept the challenges. Now that's bullying and cowardice in my book.

Finally, do you believe that James would have acted in the same manner to a still potentially volatile, unpredictable 48 years old spent force like Mike Tyson, no matter how annoying or rude or irritating he would be? No? Now that's bullying and cowardice in my book.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 11-09-2014 at 10:59 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-09-2014, 12:06 PM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There is not time, nor space here to write comprehensive essays, and you are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. All bullies are cowards. Hitler may be the best example, when he took poison. Bullies I personally have witnessed, have all become cowards once stood up to and conquered. Are bomb-planting terrorists heroic?

James is a bully and a coward. He has irrefutably displayed that over the past weeks. There are many examples of how he has - unjustifiably - harassed and bullied Gary Busey (and to a lesser degree Audley) only to quickly capitulate once Gary has stood up to him.

I am not going into detail, because the tapes are there for all to watch, and any honest, impartial viewer, can see for themselves, but a notable example is when James - totally unjustifiably - subjected Gary to a tirade of abuse over a completely innocuous jokey comment about 'Butt-****ing". Gary endured it all then - being the bigger man - walked away. However, when James called Gary a 'Dick head' Gary hurried back to James who was sitting down and told him to "Get up" in a tone which showed Gary meant 'business'. James went white and said weakly; "Why?" Gary replied; "Because I asked you to". James, still clearly petrified, said; "I'm not going to argue with you" etc.

Just recently, when James was again showing what a macho man he is and accused Gary of something he had not said, Gary again stood up to him and told him he hadn't said that and that James was "lying". James, once again, meekly said; "Oh All right.".

James' attempts to bully Audley and his repeated aggressive displays towards him are done in the safe knowledge that nothing violent is going to occur as a result within the CBB house. Audley may not have reached his great potential as a boxer, but he would be far too much for James in any kind of fight. In addition, James knows that not only is Audley grounded and mature, he would also lose his boxing licence were he to rise to the bait and retaliate.

Now, add the fact that the evicted Lauren never shirked from having a word with Gary when she felt the need to - which wasn't very often - because she knew that Gary is a reasonable, gentle type of person, but yet she was so intimidated by bully James that she has waited until she is no longer in the same confined space as him to admit that James was the worst house-mate to live with etc.

Intimidating women, confronting and challenging a 70 years old disabled man, and an able-bodied man who can't and won't accept the challenges. Now that's bullying and cowardice in my book.

Finally, do you believe that James would have acted in the same manner to a still potentially volatile, unpredictable 48 years old spent force like Mike Tyson, no matter how annoying or rude or irritating he would be? No? Now that's bullying and cowardice in my book.

I don't even know where to begin. There are too many ridiculous statements and argumentative fallacies in your post.

Saying that all bullies are not cowards is not an opinion. It's a fact. I assumed that pointing out your blanket generalization would be enough for you to reconsider and see your mistake. Obviously, I was wrong.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:36 PM #13

Thumbs down

Quote:
I don't even know where to begin. There are too many ridiculous statements and argumentative fallacies in your post.

Saying that all bullies are not cowards is not an opinion. It's a fact. I assumed that pointing out your blanket generalization would be enough for you to reconsider and see your mistake. Obviously, I was wrong.
I'm sorry you feel this way, but to me the very act of bullying is a cowardly one. I would be very interested if you could define just which statements you regard as 'ridiculous', and also just what you regard as 'argumentative fallacies'. Thank you.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 11-09-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:40 PM #14
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Yes yes

I totally agree with OP

I was screaming at TV last night - as it was DEE who told the others to stop talking for Gary's sake - yet they all laid into Gary ! !

Drives you mad watching all that !
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:53 PM #15

Thumbs down

Quote:

As an afterthought; why do you say that; "saying all bullies are not cowards is not an opinion, it's a fact"? What substantiation have you for this statement? So you are trying to tell me that my posts are full of; "blanket generalizations" "ridiculous statements", "argumentative fallacies" but that you have some divine right to absolutes?

Finally, which 'mistake' were you hoping that I would see?
Old 11-09-2014, 01:11 PM #16

Favourites:
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Favourites:

Kirklancaster - I think you need to remember that this is a game show, devised by psychiatrists to push everyone to breaking point, with contestants carefully chosen to guarantee friction. The audience sees edited highlights, which are chosen in order to ensure that plenty of people continue to watch and pour their money into voting. The audience is manipulated just as the housemates are. No-one is perfect, and we only see some minutes from each 24 hours and have no idea what has led up to the small section that we see. Gary, like the rest of the housemates, has his faults. Dee has been ill for several years with depression following the death of her mother, and is probably still a bit emotionally fragile, and may I think it's safe to say that Adele is depressed too. The rest are on their own journey and all have their faults and good points too.
Seraphim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:21 PM #17

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
Kirklancaster - I think you need to remember that this is a game show, devised by psychiatrists to push everyone to breaking point, with contestants carefully chosen to guarantee friction. The audience sees edited highlights, which are chosen in order to ensure that plenty of people continue to watch and pour their money into voting. The audience is manipulated just as the housemates are. No-one is perfect, and we only see some minutes from each 24 hours and have no idea what has led up to the small section that we see. Gary, like the rest of the housemates, has his faults. Dee has been ill for several years with depression following the death of her mother, and is probably still a bit emotionally fragile, and may I think it's safe to say that Adele is depressed too. The rest are on their own journey and all have their faults and good points too.
Thank you for your kind advice. Does this pertain to my original response to Bearded Bloke? Or subsequent responses to Colin 72's responses to my post? I responded to Bearded Bloke because I endorse his views and was adding my opinion at the same time. My post did not contain any personal criticism of any other Forum Member, merely the house-mates, which is the raison-d'etre of this Forum and my right as a Forum Member. I did not elicit Colin 72's response - which did contain personal elements - but I welcome it because I believe in Free Speech and Democracy.

I really don't understand why you felt the need to address your post to me, nor do I understand why you feel that I need to be reminded that this is a 'game show'. I fully understand the dynamics of this show and the strategies which are devised to sometimes even subliminally manipulate the viewer's emotions, and I understand that this is supposed to be a game show, but - in my humble and honest opinion - the atrocious conduct and bullying behaviour of several of the house-mates who have formed 'a pack', have transformed the the show from its intended concept;

Game - Geɪm/ noun -- a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules. to;

Game - Geim/ Verb -- manipulate (a situation), typically in a way that is unfair or unscrupulous.

I'm also sorry that I cannot accept that "Dee has been ill for several years with depression following the death of her mother" because - based upon my perception of her behaviour and conduct, and from what I have learnt about her from unimpeachable sources - I believe her 'depression' to be a convenience. In addition - and again based upon my perception of her behaviour and conduct, and from what I have learnt about her from unimpeachable sources - I do not regard her as "probably still a bit emotionally fragile", for her bullying, loud and brash behaviour is hardly that of anyone "emotionally fragile".

As for Edele, I agree that she may well indeed be "depressed", but that is no excuse for her sly, deceitful and bullying behaviour, and I find it very disturbing that you can offer up excuses of depression and emotional imbalance in defence of bullies such as Dee and Edele, but can only point out that Gary - a 70 years old man with irrefutable and well catalogued brain damage - among other disabilities - "has his faults".

To be truthful, I find your post arrogant and condescending, but I accept your right to make it - personal though it may be.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:57 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm sorry you feel this way, but to me the very act of bullying is a cowardly one. I would be very interested if you could define just which statements you regard as 'ridiculous', and also just what you regard as 'argumentative fallacies'. Thank you.

Let's start with this...

merriam-webster.com:

coward : someone who is too afraid to do what is right or expected : someone who is not at all brave or courageous

oxforddictionaries.com:

coward- A person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

---------------------------------------

The act of bullying can be cowardly. Some bullies pick on those they perceive to be weaker than themselves. You claimed that all bullies are cowards. That is the statement you made that I said is not true. It's completely irrational and defies reason.

So every single person who is a bully "is not brave or courageous"? Every person who is a bully "lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things"?

If even one bully on the planet isn't "a coward", then you're wrong and all bullies aren't cowards. Also, I'm not interested in trying to quantify how many bullies are cowards. It may be most bullies, it may be 50%, it may be 20%. Regardless, it certainly is not 100%.

Your statement is wrong.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:04 PM #19

James said is as well and they were both ignored which is why Gary reacted because he couldn't hear.
gibsonsg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:47 PM #20

Thumbs down

Quote:
Let's start with this...

merriam-webster.com:

coward : someone who is too afraid to do what is right or expected : someone who is not at all brave or courageous

oxforddictionaries.com:

coward- A person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.

---------------------------------------

The act of bullying can be cowardly. Some bullies pick on those they perceive to be weaker than themselves. You claimed that all bullies are cowards. That is the statement you made that I said is not true. It's completely irrational and defies reason.

So every single person who is a bully "is not brave or courageous"? Every person who is a bully "lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things"?

If even one bully on the planet isn't "a coward", then you're wrong and all bullies aren't cowards. Also, I'm not interested in trying to quantify how many bullies are cowards. It may be most bullies, it may be 50%, it may be 20%. Regardless, it certainly is not 100%.

Your statement is wrong.
And you are being silly and pedantic but I'll give you a better dictionary definition from the Oxford Dictionary:

Bully -- Pronunciation: /ˈbʊli /
NOUN (plural bullies)

A person who uses strength or influence to harm or intimidate those who are weaker:

Now, using logic, just the very act of influencing, harming or intimidating those who are weaker cannot ever, under any circumstances, be construed as the act of anything but a coward.

No brave heroic man would ever even contemplate bullying someone weaker than themselves, and even if a man was courageous enough to carry out 10,000 heroic deeds, if that man just once bullied someone, then - in my humble opinion - he is a coward.

You carry on being deliberately antagonistic and silly and pedantic, and good luck with it.

May the cosmos envelope you in a protective cloak of stardust and may Gary's love illuminate your darkest thoughts, lift your sagging spirit, and unveil your eyes to the eternal truth that is brotherly love and friendship. Peace and love be yours.

Gary is for:
Gentlemen Always Respect You

Last edited by kirklancaster; 11-09-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:18 PM #21

Favourites:

Favourites:

Kirklancaster, I wrote my post to you after reading a post you wrote, in which you referred to people as scum, and made many vitriolic overly simplistic generalisations. I feel you are getting your knickers into a twist over a TV programme which is designed by psychologists to be extremely stressful and difficult. The normal coping strategies and distractions which people normally have, such as TV are all removed, and it's not surprising that some find it hard to cope, particularly vulnerable people. Quite a number of people in that house are finding Gary challenging and think he's playing games, and since you know nothing about him or how you would act if you were stuck with him in a confined space with him, perhaps you should be a bit less judgemental.

Quote:
"... all the remaining house mates are scum, who from the start, have targeted Gary and bullied him shamelessly.

The 2 most vitriolic remaining HM's are Dee and Adele, and there have been times during their unjustified rants at Gary, when their faces have contorted with pure hatred, and their stares have been menacing.

James, is an egotistical immature idiot, who has probably bullied Gary the most, but he has never displayed the intensity of hatred towards him that Dee and Edele have. It's as though James' 'rants' have been purely for the camera - to illustrate how macho he is in confronting Gary in the first place, then how fair and caring he is during the after rant explanatory lectures where he talked down to Gary and patronised him. On the occasions when Gary (and Audley) have stood up to James, James has capitulated very, very quickly, simply because he is a bully and a coward.

Dee is one of the most vile human beings ever put on TV. She is the ultimate 2 faced, backstabbing, ****-stirring, scheming, bully and coward. She joins in with the baying pack when they are bullying Gary, starts the bullying if none is taking place, then slinks away or goes quiet when what she has started begins to escalate. She is a very devious manipulator, who - when she has yielded to her base instincts and bullied Gary - soon realises the mistake she has made because she knows that Gary is so popular with the public, and sets about on 'damage limitation' with creeping and fake fawning which would put 'Uriah Heep' to shame; "I'm sorry Gary. I'm sorry'. Gary ... I'm sorry", only to immediately flit from bullying crony to bullying crony slagging off the man she has just apologised to.

George - a revolting egotistical buffoon of pseudo intelligence and very, very, sly and devious - probably the biggest game-player in the house. He is one of those cowards who delight in the bullying and contributes from a safe distance. He goes to great pains to portray himself as a nice, ordinary man with morals and a moderate temperament, but he betrays that with his sly mocking grins, and smirking and sneering to the others when Gary is talking, or trying to defend himself to one of the others.

Edele - a genuinely nasty bitch, whose reputation as one preceded her, and at first, she set about portraying herself as 'little Miss Nice' - the voice of reason, a very fair - if somewhat boring - house-mate. As with the others, the façade soon slipped however, and the bitter, ugly person she really is has been well exposed over the past few days. Her desire to win at all costs was illustrated by her pathetic 'showmance' style, attachment to George, and her desperate cringe-worthy foray into the pool fully clothed, once she had learnt that she had been perceived by the public as 'boring'. She may have also started to pick on Gary for the same reasons, but the hatred in her ugly, contorted face when she was berating him in the garden was all too real.

They are genuine bullies - there can be no doubt of that, but the way that they obsequiously apologise to Gary once they have realised that by yielding to their base instincts they may have damaged their popularity with the viewers, speaks volumes about their cowardice in hiding behind their façades.

This is not a 'Reality Game Show' as some on here maintain - it was meant to be - but because of these vile bullying bastards, this is as much a game show as Fox Hunting is a sport at the moment the baying pack of hounds are ripping the cornered fox to shreds - it is very, very, uncomfortable viewing.

Last edited by Seraphim; 11-09-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:21 PM #22

Favourites:

Favourites:

Sorry - duplicate post.

Last edited by Seraphim; 11-09-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:01 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Bully -

A person who uses strength or influence to harm or intimidate those who are weaker:

Now, using logic, just the very act of influencing, harming or intimidating those who are weaker cannot ever, under any circumstances, be construed as the act of anything but a coward.
Before I say another word...

So if the other person is not weaker, then it's not bullying? Is that what you're claiming?
Old 11-09-2014, 09:07 PM #24

Quote:

So if the other person is not weaker, then it's not bullying? Is that what you're claiming?
Yes. Why?
Old 11-09-2014, 09:13 PM #25
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:

Its not possible to bully someone that is strong enough to stand up to them. It doesn't condone the behaviour of the person trying to bully, they are still nasty
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
adele, dee, gary, quiet