Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 11-09-2014, 12:50 AM #51

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
You still don't see what Gary's doing? Blessed are the innocent.
Yesterday most agreed he was a big wind up merchant and was playing them all like violins and there was much of this and this / Now today he's just a poor old victim again. .. WTF. Talk about nuts...
You don't get it, I don't care. I don't give a monkey's nuts. I don't need to see 'what gary is doing' according to you. And don't get personal and call me nuts thank you very much.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 11-09-2014 at 12:50 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:52 AM #52

Quote:
Which James wouldn't know already? Then he tells him he's gone, which James wouldn't know either.

You really can't see Gary was stirring, can you?
I can see that you can't accept others disagree with your opinion
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:57 AM #53
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
Which James wouldn't know already? Then he tells him he's gone, which James wouldn't know either.

You really can't see Gary was stirring, can you?
I have seen Gary stirring in the past, yes, but that wasn't stirring. The way i see it, there are some that understand what Gary is about and there are others that don't. They are never going to agree so best not to take it too seriously.

There are 2 days left to the final, speaking for myself, i would like to enjoy that time without getting in to what are unimportant arguments now, i would rather vote for my favourite, and enjoy the run up to the final, and no matter who wins, it doesn't change who my favourite was
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:01 AM #54

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I have seen Gary stirring in the past, yes, but that wasn't stirring. The way i see it, there are some that understand what Gary is about and there are others that don't. They are never going to agree so best not to take it too seriously.

There are 2 days left to the final, speaking for myself, i would like to enjoy that time without getting in to what are unimportant arguments now, i would rather vote for my favourite, and enjoy the run up to the final, and no matter who wins, it doesn't change who my favourite was
Well said. I just don't understand this constant need for validation some people seem to have when you don't agree with their view point. I'll argue the facts if there is clip evidence but I'm not interested in conspiracy theories based on someone elses view, specially when often it's about what we don't see which is pure speculation.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 11-09-2014, 01:06 AM #55

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
I can see that you can't accept others disagree with your opinion
It's just frustration because peoples opinions change every other day. One minute Gary's a winder upper and playing them all and it's all isn't he super! and the next he's a poor old victim.
I think he winds them up, and when it suits people they agree, and when it doesn't they disagree.
It's impossible to make any sense of it all.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:08 AM #56

Quote:
It's just frustration because peoples opinions change every other day. One minute Gary's a winder upper and playing them all and it's all isn't he super! and the next he's a poor old victim.
I think he winds them up, and when it suits people they agree, and when it doesn't they disagree.
And Gary can wind people up at times but I don't believe this was one if these times, that's my genuine opinion it.

Just because he winds people up sometimes doesn't mean it's constant that's why you get people who agree and disagree when he is doing it

Last edited by Josy; 11-09-2014 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:10 AM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And Gary can wind people up at times but I don't believe this was one if these times, that's my genuine opinion it.
That's fine. My genuine opinion is that he was.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:12 AM #58

Quote:
That's fine. My genuine opinion is that he was.
Yet above instead of accepting a differing opinion On the situation you decided 'i couldn't see it'

Sometimes it's best to agree to disagree.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:14 AM #59
User banned

User banned

james has been evil and winding people up and bullying in groups every minute of every day. gary has every right to state his opinion and all he said here was ricci was voted most boring earlier in the day. totally fair point. james went berserk and did his fake outrage hysterical reaction yet again rather than actually discuss the subject like a man. hes a vile cretin
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:15 AM #60

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
People are complicated. They aren't all black and white. The truth as I see it is somewhere between. He is partially deaf and has brain damage but copes really well unless overwhelmed by too much noise/too many talking at once. He is funny, he has moments of great clarity and insight into other housemates and he has moments where he seems confused and eccentric, probably due to his injuries. I think he is a great character.

On another level I don't like how he has been treated by others. I have watched the clips, they don't listen and half time when people shout he is being rude he really isn't. Sure he probably gets grumpy sometimes, he's human but he's like a bloody saint considering all the bitching he has put up with. I think he is genuinely getting tired of it now, you could see in tonight's show that he is started to get a bit more irritated with all the bull**** and I think that is a good thing.

― Richard Dawkins
Old 11-09-2014, 01:26 AM #61

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
james has been evil every second of every minute of every hour of every day. anything he gets he deserves.
If you think James is evil you must lead a very protected life and never watch the news.

Gary, with all the experience of life that comes with being 70, and self proclaiming himself as such a spiritual being and full of love, is not being very successful at making friends and influencing people. Someone who was truly what Gary proclaims to be wouldn't inspire dislike, irritation and annoyance. They would exude a calming and joyful presence and surely make everyone feel better, not like tearing their hair out with frustration. Gary;s spirituality doesn't ring true at all.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:45 AM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yet above instead of accepting a differing opinion On the situation you decided 'i couldn't see it'

Sometimes it's best to agree to disagree.
Yes.

To me, what Gary did was fine, and to me what James said in return was fine as well. It's entertainment, but people turn it into a love/hate fest where one person is totally right and the other totally wrong. I think Gary was winding James up, but that is GOOD as it adds to the show and I think James;s reaction was GOOD as it adds to the show. It gives us a talking point. But the whole nasty name calling is getting way out of control imo and I don't ever remember it being as bad as it has this year from certain posters.
I'm going to call it a day now because I think the last 2 days are going to get vicious.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:00 AM #63

Favourites:
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Favourites:
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Quote:
.... James as usual has to try and say the nastiest thing he can think of in reply.
I agree so much.

I have a lot of sympathy with people who've been clashing with Gary, because he's very hard to have a dialogue with. I'd prefer to spend three weeks with James than a day with Gary, and even though I felt that James looked like a pillock when standing over Gary lecturing him at times, I did feel that he was trying to meet Gary halfway. However, tonight saying to Gary that he'd have preferred him to go instead of Ricki was out of proportion to what Gary said to him.

I admire James' talent greatly and at his best he's fun, entertaining and witty, but he's quite a sensitive, emotional person, and when he's upset or hurt, he always gives 'better' than he got. Gary isn't the easiest person, and is certainly pushing a lot of people's buttons in that house.. but James needs to learn to deal with conflict more appropriately, and realise that some things are better left unsaid.

Last edited by Seraphim; 11-09-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Seraphim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:06 AM #64
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
No, James has lost someone he liked, and said to Gary Ricci was a nice guy, and Gary says he was boring and he is gone now. Not one ounce of understanding there.

Let's flip it. Say it was Gary who had lost someone he liked and said to James 'he was a nice guy' and James says' he was boring' and 'he's gone now' showing no sympathy at all. And Gary had said 'I wish you had gone' and walked off. This thread wouldn't be about how awful Gary was to do that but still about how brilliant Gary was to say that to James and it would be all That's why I hardly post here anymore. It's just ridiculous - and I like both James and Gary but can see when both of them are right or wrong.

..my take on it all, which could be completely wrong but it's just how I see it..?..of course it was tactless/ill-timed of Gary, I don't think it's so much that he doesn't have an understanding though..I think it's just that he's always seen it as a game so doesn't really understand their relationships/friendships being so 'intense', you know..?..and that hasn't been helped that he hasn't been tolerated or included so much but in a way maybe has helped in keeping a 'distant objectivity..'..?..I think Gary is interested in people and understands people/'wishes them well in life etc... it's just that I think that's as far as it goes in the house with him and I agree with that I think...I never really understand why housemates feel 'loyalties' like this was real life and these were 'real friends' ... and I'm so often dubious of these 'bonds' they form, they're often more 'alliances' really...so yeah, I think it was ill-timed etc but I also think that James' comment of he wishes it had been Gary wasn't the best either... I also don't think he was being genuine if Im honest and there again, it's just a feeling that what he really was thinking..(especially after the boos..)...is YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, it wasn't me, I'm still here but I'll say all the right things about Ricci and then it'll 'look good' if I pick up on what Gary says...actually, I don't think he cares about 'looking good'..(so I'll scrub that bit....)..I think the reason he picked up on it is because despite the boos etc, he's still there so has kind of figured that the awkward/confrontational James is 'working' so I think also with him, his reaction wasn't great because he's now 'hamming up' the 'bad guy' ...I think James is the sort of person/character that would want to be loved or hated but never ever ever be 'invisible' or thought of as boring....he's still pompous and arrogant though.....but both playing their game there ..and James' game is to keep picking at Gary I think...it was quite telling later when he said something like...'and James needs armed guards on his eviction..'...?...something like that..?..he's going all out for this 'baddie' now and actually credit to him, I think he was probably quite stunned to be booed etc originally and he's decided to make it all work for him if he can...more interviews etc for the bad..?......hmmmm interesting..just my thoughts anyway...

Last edited by Ammi; 11-09-2014 at 06:22 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:44 AM #65

Quote:
Spot what an intelligent lady you are.
smileymummy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:45 AM #66

Quote:
If you think James is evil you must lead a very protected life and never watch the news.

Gary, with all the experience of life that comes with being 70, and self proclaiming himself as such a spiritual being and full of love, is not being very successful at making friends and influencing people. Someone who was truly what Gary proclaims to be wouldn't inspire dislike, irritation and annoyance. They would exude a calming and joyful presence and surely make everyone feel better, not like tearing their hair out with frustration. Gary;s spirituality doesn't ring true at all.
True, but instead he stirs it up,lies and trys to look like a victim.
smileymummy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:13 AM #67
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Gary is blunt, why should he tippy toe around James fake shock that Ricci went
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:30 AM #68

Thumbs up

Quote:
Bullying bastard James, thinks that Gary is the biggest obstacle to his winning, and he has thought so from day 1. He will not miss any trick to try to damage Gary's reputation with the public, and this is yet another pathetic example. Once again, Gary did nothing wrong. He stated the truth; Ricci was voted the most boring house-mate by the public and Gary was offering that as a reason for him being evicted in response to James' (fake) "I can't believe he's gone" crap. the fact that James (predictably) reacted as nastily as he did, has scored him no brownie points with the viewer and only cements what an obnoxious, rude, arrogant bully he is.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 11-09-2014 at 07:31 AM. Reason: typo
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:51 AM #69

Thumbs down

Quote:

Like the plump Missionary who tries to convert a tribe of starving cannibals at dinner time when they have no food? Like someone casting pearls before swine? Gary's spirituality has been well documented for many years, long before he entered the CBB house - that's quite some feat in maintaining a façade, considering how the abhorrent bullies, James, Edele, Dee and George's masks have slipped so very quickly on this show.

James is for: Just A Mean Egotistical S******d

Dee is for: Devious Evil Elephant

Edele is for: Evil Deceitful Egotistical Lying Exaggerator

George is for: Grossly Exaggerated Ordinariness Really Gicantic Ego

Peace and love from the cosmos and kindest regards from Star Child Gary. Audley Second and Gary To Win - Who Cares About 3rd - The Rest In The Bin.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:02 AM #70

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by calyman View Post
I think we've already reached the conclusion that the other housemates (Audley excluded) are a bunch of slithering, poisonous, hypocritical, inconsistent, bullying, tawdry, nasty, insincere, superficial, untrustworthy, deceitful, weak, unprincipled and dishonest flotsam of humanity.

That's me trying to see their more positive qualities.
LMAO
Old 11-09-2014, 08:05 AM #71

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileymummy View Post
True, but instead he stirs it up,lies and trys to look like a victim.
Gary is the tall guy with the blond hair - American, James is the pumped up little nondescript Brit. Are you mixing them up? just an honest genuine question.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:07 AM #72
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris

Quote:
No, James has lost someone he liked, and said to Gary Ricci was a nice guy, and Gary says he was boring and he is gone now. Not one ounce of understanding there.

Let's flip it. Say it was Gary who had lost someone he liked and said to James 'he was a nice guy' and James says' he was boring' and 'he's gone now' showing no sympathy at all. And Gary had said 'I wish you had gone' and walked off. This thread wouldn't be about how awful Gary was to do that but still about how brilliant Gary was to say that to James and it would be all That's why I hardly post here anymore. It's just ridiculous - and I like both James and Gary but can see when both of them are right or wrong.
I'm totally with you there Jet - I don't bother coming on here too much now as you just get insulted if you are anything but a Gary fan sadly - life is too short!!
Old 11-09-2014, 08:25 AM #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBB1508 View Post
I'm totally with you there Jet - I don't bother coming on here too much now as you just get insulted if you are anything but a Gary fan sadly - life is too short!!

My goodness, that's like admonishing a child when the parent hits it, telling them you made me do it because you were bad.

In other words, one should know better the other for all sorts of reasons doesn't.

It's not a level playing field. One is a by- product of the other. James is a pr!ck of a human being, he's been kicked off Strictly for being unruly, surly and disruptive. So he has form.

Gary has alsorts of problems you cannot deny and they are well documented, there doesn't seem to be an ounce of allowance or slack for what you are stating as Gary's so called meanness and rudeness.

1) He's old
2) He's got two hearing aids
3) He's got numerous physical ailments.
3) He's had head trauma
4) He's probably had a slight personality change.
5) He will have good days and bad, where he's feeling up and then down.
6) He's set in his ways perhaps more so because of his injury

Holding your hand up and saying Shush isn't especially rude coming from an old person with all the above complaints imo. What is so fcukign rude and calculated is the systematic and constant erosion of this mans 'self' by fit and healthy people that should know better. Anyone that doesn't feel excruciating uncomfortable watching what is taking place really needs to take a long hard look at themselves and to re-evaluate their morals and ask them what sort of society do we want to live in.

You saw last night how dejected and pi55ed off with it all Gary was- I just hope he bounces back from it.

I just hope the public do the right thing and recompense ( small mercies) for his 4 weeks of humiliation and ostracisation by this group of self absorbed nobodies.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:28 AM #74

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
My goodness, that's like admonishing a child when the parent hits it, telling them you made me do it because you were bad.

In other words, one should know better the other for all sorts of reasons doesn't.

It's not a level playing field. One is a by- product of the other. James is a pr!ck of a human being, he's been kicked off Strictly for being unruly, surly and disruptive. So he has form.

Gary has alsorts of problems you cannot deny and they are well documented, there doesn't seem to be an ounce of allowance or slack for what you are stating as Gary's so called meanness and rudeness.

1) He's old
2) He's got two hearing aids
3) He's got numerous physical ailments.
3) He's had head trauma
4) He's probably had a slight personality change.
5) He will have good days and bad, where he's feeling up and then down.
6) He's set in his ways perhaps more so because of his injury

Holding your hand up and saying Shush isn't especially rude coming from an old person with all the above complaints imo. What is so fcukign rude and calculated is the systematic and constant erosion of this mans 'self' by fit and healthy people that should know better. Anyone that doesn't feel excruciating uncomfortable watching what is taking place really needs to take a long hard look at themselves and to re-evaluate their morals and ask them what sort of society do we want to live in.

You saw last night how dejected and pi55ed off with it all Gary was- I just hope he bounces back from it.

I just hope the public do the right thing and recompense ( small mercies) for his 4 weeks of humiliation and ostracisation by this group of self absorbed nobodies.
TOTALLY BRILLIANTLY PUT. cheer2:
Old 11-09-2014, 08:37 AM #75

James calls Gary rude and then says to Gary 'I wish you had went'.

How rude is that? Jeez.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gary, james, jordan, starting