Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 22-01-2019, 07:05 AM #2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I'm four episodes into Palau. It's still a fantastic season, but people are right, the excitement and suspense of a Palau first-watch has completely evaporated. It is clear from the very start who will have control in the game.

I bloody love Angie! I didn't remember very much about her from the first watch, but queen.
James is really awful.
Bobby Jon remains a hottie.
The Ulong tribe is, on the whole, pretty vapid ngl.
I think out of all the seasons I've seen thus far I'd like to watch Palau the most, mostly for the Bobby Jon & Stephenie experience but also to look back and actually see why Tom is considered one the best players to *ever* play the game, because I couldn't for the life of me understand it the first time around. Perhaps if I paid attention to him more the second time around I'd appreciate him more as a contestant (but I doubt it).

The one thing that annoys me about Palau is that the amount of times we've had unnecessary tribe switches/swaps that don't really add anything to the game, this is one of the few times we could have actually done with one to keep the game interesting.

Last edited by Ashley.; 22-01-2019 at 07:06 AM.
Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:33 PM #2002
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

"BEAUTY FADES...... BUT DUMB IS FOREVER." --Dan Lembo, 2010.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:07 AM #2003
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Finally finished Nicaragua today. Will post my ~thots~ and season ranking and stuff tomorrow!
Old 11-02-2019, 05:15 AM #2004
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Shook at UTR3

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:34 PM #2005
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post

Finally finished Nicaragua today. Will post my ~thots~ and season ranking and stuff tomorrow!
I don't really have many finale thoughts? It was pretty linear and straightforward: Jud won out in the Challenges and the Jury loved him, although Chase came shockingly close to winning. That being said, it was still a fun finale with Dan's final words, Sash's double dealings and general fakeness getting exposed, and a pretty solid FTC with good performances from Chase and Jud and from the jury bashing Sash and a little bit of Chase too. Jud is a definitely a Not Good winner in the grand scheme of Survivor because all he did was win Challenges and be a presence that was liked, especially in comparison to presences that were HATED, but I'm not even mad about it because #socialgame and whatnot.

Nicaragua as a whole season...... I'm kind of mixed on it! It's definitely underrated in terms of casuals claiming it's the worst season EVER, but it's also kinda overrated in terms of forum gays claiming it's a top 5/10/whatever season just because it's messy. It's definitely an entertaining season because these people are human disasters (I've said it before, but imagine being stranded on La Flor beach and finding yourself having to share space with NaOnka, Brenda, Alina, Purple Kelly, Chase, Sash, Shannon, and Jud) and there's always something juicy and good happening, but at the same time the season can be a little grimy at times and the editing is kinda shoddy so it's tough to follow everything. It doesn't help that the REALLY dramatic and interesting stuff was left out of the edit, like Sash allegedly offering to pay off Jane's mortgage and NaOnka apparently being one of the best social players and being a huuuuge Jury threat. I don't know exactly where I'd put Nicaragua in my season ranking, but it'd probably be light green and somewhere in the -teens range?

1. Holly (A tough season because a bunch of people were jockeying for #1 spot but Holly keeps it! Her whole story is effortlessly epic, from her Day 5 meltdown over the snails and Dan's shoes to becoming a power player who took out Brenda and did her best to keep Purple Kelly from quitting with her Coach Holly peptalk. It was slightly disappointing to watch Ponderosa and see only Alina and eventually Brenda come up to her and realize that Holly actually didn't stand that good of a chance at winning, but her CPP journey is still a great one and it's a shame she hasn't returned yet)
2. Jane (I actually was Not much of a Jane fan when the show first aired but I'm fully converted now! A faker than faux fur country bumpkin who is extremely camera aware and constructs a narrative where she is the hero and people who are nice to her are good and people who are not nice to her are evil villains? Okay, I'm intrigued. She would literally go on screeds about how good will triumph over evil, how Marty is a disgrace to all fathers and she would never let her children go on a play date with his, how Brenda is a villain for trying to break up her original alliance with Chase even though Brenda met him eighteen days before she did, how everyone is awful for killing her pet chicken while she was on Reward even though she almost killed the chicken one episode earlier when other people were on Reward... I could go on and on but of course I need to talk about her ****ing ominous exit, where she learns that her alliance is about to backstab her and she reacts by flipping them off and dumping water on the fire because BY GOD I STARTED IT, I'LL PUT IT OUT <33333333333333 seriously a top 10 boot episode performance)
3. NaOnka (okay so I know I've trashed her quite a bit but she's still Very Good. The ableism against Kelly B is gross and does not age well AT ALL, but when you remove her from the picture it's easy to remember why you fell in love with NaOnka back in 2010. Amazingly telegenic and funny, holds a shocking amount of social currency and is somehow a huge threat to win, and it becomes clear how important she is to the story after the double quit when the season quality dies down quite a bit)
4. Dan (Gruff and delusional and grumpy and physically USELESS, but somehow a huge jury threat to win?! One of the many absurd things in Nicaragua that makes no sense but I'm not even going to question it because Dan's hilarious both physically and verbally. His attempts at Challenges, the gif of him kicking his legs in the oversized chair, his angry final words, his mini feud with Holly over the shoes, telling Chase at FTC that beauty fades but dumb is forever.... it all just works for me)
5. Wendy Jo (alol so I actually underrated her big time, and I'm not quite ready to call her one of the best first boots EVER but she's pretty darn good? An annoying chatterbox who becomes the first boot because she's SO worried about being a chatterbox that she doesn't talk to or connect with anyone a tragic arc)
6. Chase (he was fine! I didn't really care for him either way when it first aired and while I still don't love him, I firmly like him! I think the show could've done a better job with his edit but I guess it was fun to see him constantly be the swing vote and having to betray his allies when he was just trying to somehow play an honest game, and as a result ended up pissing evvvveryone off on a daily basis He also had a better FTC than I gave him credit for back when the show first aired, and I looooooved how he pretty much gave Marty the dumber than a bag of hammers award even though he wasn't really allowed to <3)
7. Jimmy T (okay so I remember REALLY liking Jimmy T a lot when the season aired, and he was definitely Good with his struggles with attaining any sort of tribe leadership , but I was kinda letdown and he wasn't as good as I remembered)
8. Kelly S (lmao okay so this is half ironic because she seriously is THAT inconsequential and it's charming to find any Purple Kelly moment that you can possibly find, but when she does make an appearance she actually is kinda funny and likable and adorable? She was CLEARLY way in over her head and it's totally believable that she had nothing left to suck, but she's undeniably a legend in super fandom for inventing the purple edit so gj sis)
9. Alina (lmaoooo I'm SUCH an Alina fan after this rewatch, at least as much as one can be. A great iteration to the long list of Those Girls. Her whole journey is inspirational to me: is entirely skeptical of Kelly B but is forced into an alliance with her over an Idol clue, has a terrible read of the room during the Shannon boot TC and votes with him even after his outburst against Sash, is really forced to begrudgingly take on Kelly B as an ally (), is found grimy and false by just about everyone, accidentally stumbles upon NaOnka hiding food and eats an orange to calm her nerves as NaOnka's suggestion, somehow becomes the recipient of everyone's ire for the food fiasco even though NaOnka was totally more guilty that she was, and then gets almost unanimously booted at the merge just for being that irritating the fun continued with her final words being about how STUPID everyone was for getting rid of her and Chase screwing her over at the Shannon boot, but then talking in the Rites of Passage about how at least she was taken out for being a threat rather than dispensable another top three secret scene was when Jud attempted to give Alina a "let death take you" speech right before the merge TC, where he pretty much told her that nobody likes her and can see right through her fake smile <3333)
10. Benry (UTRfun douche king who really isn't much of a douche <3 I don't really have much to say but it was fun how he was always ^_^ about Chase while Chase had some weird unexplained one-sided hatred of him)

11. Jud (he was fine. I'm neutral on him but lean towards liking just because I feel like he'd be fun to spend time with in real life? I think the whole secret mastermind theme is lame and BS and he definitely is one of the worst winners objectively speaking in terms of The Game, but I'm not even mad about it because he made the boring endgame slightly better by exposing Sash's bull**** double-dealing <3)
12. Tyrone (I remember finding him funny but I don't really remember why anymore! Other than the first TC where he reacted to Wendy Jo freaking out that nobody asked her how old she was and his voting confessional about WENDY JO HAS GOT TO GO *sage nod* and then he turned into an OTTN camp life dictator in his boot and it was weird and random)
13. Brenda (controversial? This is my truth! I really don't care for Brenda at all. She's entertaining and funny like 20-30% of the time but she relies entirely on reputation rather than anything she actually did. Especially coming off the back of HvV, her fandom definitely comes from Parvati fans trying to find a successor to cling onto. What aggravates *me* about Brenda is that she's boringly cocky and arrogant about her position in the game and how good of a player she is, but it's entirely circumstantial and she didn't really do anything to get into a power position. And then when she faced her first bit of adversity in the game.... she just folded over and refused to strategize and was booted unceremoniously? Girl you're all talk!)
14. Kelly B (slightly more boring and less likable than a Jimmy Johnson below her, but man did I feel bad for her for being the only normal person on a tribe full of psychos. The ableism doesn't age well at ALL and she would rank super high if she was like, even remotely telegenic. That being said, the secret scene of her getting bit by a crab and nobody from La Flor even pretending to care is a top 3 secret scene of the season)
15. Jimmy J (definitely A Good Person but also a snoozefest who took up WAY too much airtime with his vis 5 edit every single episode)
16. Yve (she was fine? Entirely invisible until her boot episode which was YVE'S LAST STAND... where she decided to play da game and it was admirable for a quick second but then her campaigning was horrible and she was booted )

17. Sash (I feel like with a more honest, transparent edit I could totally get behind Sash in an ironic way but with what we saw I just found him to be creepy and off-putting :\ it's perplexing how blatantly transparent he was in telling everyone single person "you're my number one girl " and yet people fell for it for more than half of the game? I'm super glad that it all fell apart but it would've been better to actually see some of it happen rather than having to infer it through awkward cut-scenes and reading in between the lines in a choppy edit)
18. Jill (okay so she herself is probably fine but ugh what a lame-o. A decently perceptive and smart woman who did absolutely nothing with it! The lowest of lows was when she figured out the Idol clue and just walked up to Mr. Farty all "here buddy, go find it *pats on the back*" glad she was a pre-merge boot)
19. Marty (Mr. Farty...... he's just suuuuuuuch a dickwad omg. Constantly posturing about his own intelligence and superiority despite BARELY making the merge and jury, constantly condescending others for being dumber than him despite the fact that they ****ing ran circles around him and didn't do things like give away an Idol... even after the show he continued to be a douche by talking about how he NEVER lied once even though he pretended to be a grandmaster of chess for no real reason he was really just a prelude to David Murphy, Jim Rice, Spencer Bledsoe, etc and I was not here for any of it. Chase was right in wanting to give him the dumber than a bag of hammers award <3)
20. Shannon (ew, even more gross than I remembered. Even when you remove the Sash being gay accusations, his entire arc is him bitching about how he's too old and wise for all the young and dumb people at La Flor, bitching about how men are tied down by marriage, bitching about how pretty soon we'll have a women president, etc. Just a really, really dreadful human being)
Old 02-06-2019, 04:22 PM #2006
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):

I'm watching Survivor South Africa: Maldives (Season 4) for the first time ever and the theme is literally "Celebs vs Plebs" and the name tags even say "Pleb" next to them in the confessionals
Old 11-06-2019, 10:40 PM #2007
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
I'm watching Survivor South Africa: Maldives (Season 4) for the first time ever and the theme is literally "Celebs vs Plebs" and the name tags even say "Pleb" next to them in the confessionals
On Ep 5 and one guy just said he wants to quit the show and gave his reason for quitting as being "I have vitiligo" All because his hands were getting a bit blotchy and he said it would affect his career (I'm guessing he's a model/actor) I-

And then another contestant in their confessional was like "Ohhh are you Michael Jackson now??? You're not gonna die "

Survivor SA is honestly so superior to any other version lmao <3

Last edited by Headie; 11-06-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:39 PM #2008
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

This girl really almost snapped her damn neck in half in a challenge and they still made her show up to tribal council... I-

Old 12-06-2019, 10:03 PM #2009
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
This girl really almost snapped her damn neck in half in a challenge and they still made her show up to tribal council... I-

Asdfghjkl it gets better

Old 14-06-2019, 06:42 PM #2010
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Smh I see million dollar mistakes aren't just exclusive to Survivor US

Enjoyed the season tho, merge was definitely better than pre merge! Was so close to having one of my all time favourite F2s as well
Old 16-06-2019, 06:49 PM #2011
King Judd

Favourites:
BBUSA15: Judd

King Judd

Favourites:

Wink

Season 1: Borneo: Episode 1- The Marooning

Watched every season around 2-3 years ago, now back to the beginning as want to watch with more detail.

Jheez this is grainy, if only it could be in HD.

The theme tune is way better back then, more of a heartbeat in it.

Probst looks young, wonder who his first man crush will be.

Richard Hatch arguing with Sue Hawk on Day 1

BB and Ramona saying that because they are the only ones who know the route to the water hole means they won't be voted out.

This is crazy watching, reality tv in history!

Rudy is an early favorite- 'I don't even know what MTV means ya'll!'

Sonja's song- 'Bye bye blues' Cannot remember who goes first but she does scream first boot to me...

BB vs Gretchen, the first shelter argument.

Sue: 'All a rat is- is a squirrel without a fuzzy tail!'

Probst seems a lot more natural and himself than in later seasons- 'Don't make me have to make a judgement call, I don't want to!'

The first challenge was so simplistic and over so quickly, lame compared to later challenges.

The iconic friendship of Rudy/Richard! Truly one of the best things about season 1!

The first deception! Sue- 'The chicks think I'm voting for one person and I'm not!'

Probst's speech during the 'trek to tribal' makes it even more dramatic!

Probst not directing his questioning and everyone talking all at once...

The questions before the vote lasted for about two minutes, so quick compared to the 15 minutes of questions we got in recent season 38!

This episode is so grainy I can't even read what's written on the voting slips lol, must be 144p if that!!!!!

Prrobst- 'You've come this far, nobody turned around, and that gives you bragging rights for life.' It's only ep 1, bloody hell.

Poor Sonja! At least she has iconic first ever torch snuff.

It's amazing how after 38 seasons the format has stayed the same, as in format I mean the way the episodes are structured.

A good start to the season!
Old 17-06-2019, 05:40 PM #2012
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Season 1: Borneo: Episode 2- The Generation Gap

Rat for dinner ay?

Richard saying he wants to keep it secret that he voted for Jenna, when she thinks it was Rudy- oh the deception!

BB 'first to go' says Ramona.

Liking both tribe dynamics so far, some interesting characters.

'He doesn't know I'm a homosexual'- this Richard/Rudy friendship is brilliant. 'The homosexual, he's one of the nicest guys I ever met!' has to be one of the top reality tv quotes ever?? Also 'We became good friends, not in a homosexual way that's for sure!'

Ramona is how I reckon I'd be on Survivor, being sick from the food, although I'd love to say I'd be a strategic threat I couldn't cope with rice and bloody beans!

BB: 'I'm not here to win a personality contest.'- part of me wonders do they know about the format of jury etc or have been all briefed on it??

Colleen and Greg- the first Survivor romance!?

OOP BB VS everyone, we love a controversial older character! Washing his clothes in the cooking pot though is kinda gross

BB questioning throwing the challenge, very controversial, but him engineering it for himself?

Love an eating challenge! 'In chinese restaurants you've eaten worse than this!'- wow.

Probst is so much more natural, sat there wetting himself at the challenge.

These challenges are over so quickly and relatively easy so far compared to the challenges and difficult puzzles of later seasons!

So looks like it's BB VS Ramona, feel bad for Ramona as she's actually ill, but then again there's no room for lazy people!

Kinda liked Probst summarising as they trekked through the jungle, wonder how long that 'trek' actually was, probably about five minutes! I like 'the only unlit staff' representing Sonja!

Barely any tribal questions, seems so quick once again!

Want BB to go, think Ramona could be more of an interesting character, yet again BB is especially fiery.

This is sooooo grainy I can barely see anything at tribal.

It's a shame not seeing so much strategy, kinda obvious BB was going but we saw barely anything on the beach after the challenge.

Boots-

Sonja
BB
Old 18-06-2019, 06:44 PM #2013
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Season 1: Borneo: Episode 3- Quest for Food

Lots of scheming going on, love the three girls scheming on the boat.

I love that this season is so much more about the 'Survival' aspect and there's a lot more of 'the unknown' there with the group, stumbling upon the mud volcano for a dip is a great scene.

Dirk and his bible segment, and Dirk's 'crush' on Kelly. Can't help watching Kelly thinking about what a flop she was on season 31.

Dirk being controversial about Richard's 'homosexuality'.

'Tagi, you saw they are missing a member', no no no I much prefer the 'Tagi getting their first look at the new Pagong tribe!'

Such a feel good atmosphere at the challenge it's almost annoying.

First ever solo reward challenge- ye haw.

Love the funky mtv style music during the challenge, no Probst commentary- instead subtitles like 'Tagi Leading'!

The other team loving Richard's fish whilst Greg shows off the 'rat trap', eurgh.

I love the tense/dramatic music as Ramona passes the rat around to Gervase, then the music changes to jolly music as Gervase pronounces- 'We are gonna need to kill some more rats!' lo;.

Like the idea of the 'pre-challenge' challenge where they have to bring something already made to the challenge, in this instance a stretcher.

Dramatic slow-mo walk into the challenge

That challenge just abruptly ended, very strange.

'Immunity walk' where the idol hangs in the tree, interesting.

Looks like it's Rudy VS Stacey, love Rudy's 'I don't like Stacey, and I never will!'

Rudy is one of my favorites, hate that he's always an option

So the everyone talking at once at previous tribals has lead Probst to introduce a shell, whoever holds the shell can speak, omg

Probst: 'It's raining too hard, let's end this tribal!' I died. Then- 'It's gonna be a downpour buddy, write clearly!'

'Next vote, fading...Rudy'- The pens aren't sharpie's that's for sure.

Dare I say Stacey seemed like the first person to ever be annoyed at being voted out- 'Alright, you switched your vote!'

Not sad to see Stacey go, bit of a boring character for me, although liked her fued with Rudy.

Probst allowing them to stay at Tribal until the rain stops when later seasons have to endure typhoons!

Boots-

Sonja
BB
Stacey

Last edited by Joe.; 18-06-2019 at 06:45 PM.
Joe. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 06:18 PM #2014
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Season 1: Borneo: Episode 4- Too Little, Too Late

Greg and the coconut phone, probably one of my favorite early survivor scenes ever.

LOVE the idea of the challenge to see who can make the best SOS sign, would like to see that replicated in modern survivor!

Loling at Dirk shaking his head at Kelly's idea of loads of colored condoms laid out on the beach!!!!

Richard using the challenge as a way to gain allies nice.

Probst in the helicopter is a mood.

That was a fun challenge, definitely should be done again.

Here for the Kelly/Richard/Sue alliance- 'Three of us against the world!'

Rudy not agreeing with the alliances, but they aren't after him anyway.

Ramona 'turning it around', nice to see her working hard and trying to change her tribe's opinions of her.

Glad Tagi won the challenge, the clearly superior tribe!

I actually am growing to like the Probst summary narration when the group is 'trekking to tribal'!

Feel like Ramona is going, don't want her too though- just when she's getting in her stride, love her face paint too.

Probst with the leading questions- 'Anyone wanna own up and say they feel invincible!?'

Gervase, feeling invinsible and vulnerable- 'I may have just played myself', starting to be one of my faves.

Love Ramona's- 'No comment' at tribal when holding up her vote for Colleen'!

Gutted Ramona's gone. Just when she was starting to fight to be there too!

Boots- (In order of faves)

Ramona
Sonja
BB
Stacey

Last edited by Joe.; 17-07-2019 at 06:16 PM.
Old 24-06-2019, 05:59 PM #2015
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Season 1: Borneo: Episode 5- Pulling Your Own Weight

Sue telling the guys they wasted time fishing

Rudy has the best quotes- 'The only reason I'd bring a Bible out here, and I'm religious, is for toilet paper!'

Actually love when Probst comes with a hammer to nail the tree mail up.

Sue's kinda goofy and I'm here for it.

Woah, that challenge was over so quickly, a montage of shots fired then Probst goes- 'Great first round!' within literally 7 seconds.

Very close end to that challenge, Sue and her spear is a partnership I adore.

Mess @: 'What are you going to name these chickens?'- 'Umm, breakfast, lunch and dinner!'

Don't blame Greg not wanting to be seen as a leader.

'When we go off it's all about sex!' - Not Colleen and Greg turning Survivor into a sex island.

Richard hurling a snake into the ocean.

Sean and the first 'bowel movement' in two weeks, a piece of information I would have rather not know.

Sue: 'Dirk you look like a nazi war prisoner camp dude.'- This would be banned from tv in snowflake 2019 jheeez.

What is this 'Tapiyokah' they are looking for?

Sean not knowing the name for tribal- 'I don't want to go the immune council tonight by any means'

'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.' Not Kelly quoting Kelly Clarkson.

Richard's very good at making alliances etc and strategy then talking a good game at tribal.

Dirk's gone, won't be missed really. His religion was interesting but wasn't in any key alliances. Sue's evil grin when he went was hilarious.

Next week looks wild, naked Richard and sexist Gervase!

Ramona
Sonja
BB
Dirk
Stacey
Old 02-07-2019, 06:25 PM #2016
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Season 1: Borneo: Episode 6- Udder Revenge

Oooo the alliance looking forward to the merge, they seem to have an unspoken bond. Richard thinks he's in control, interesting.

'Don't take offence to this but... women are the stupidest thing on the planet next to cows!'- No Gervase no! Cue montage of lazy Gervase also- can;t help but like him.

Refreshing seeing a season with no idols or mad twists. I for one am always in favor of idols i not handed to players by production.

Richard eating dog food whilst Sue yells- 'Yeahhhhh!'

'It's just dog food.'- 'What if it's dog!'

Like the history of the island being included in the challenge.

Yay for the challenge being at night, meaning I can see even less...

Mess at Kelly not knowing the challenge was over and Jeff having to stop ehr and say- 'It's over!'

Foreshadowing of the alliance picking Pagong off one by one?

Great segment getting to know Joel a bit more.

'I am definitely not a chauvinist' *grins at camera*

Amazing challenge set up, giving me high budget teas.

Nice summary from Jeff on the outcome of who goes, hoping it's a Tagi/Pagong 5-5 spit at merge, will make it interesting.

The music during the challenge gave me chills, classic Survivor.

This episode is looking like a Joel boot so far??

I love them just throwing around the carcass of the half eaten chicken, gross.

Probst calling out Gervase- yes. Everyone see's it as him joking though.

Gretchen about Joel- 'He seems to have the most money out of everyone so I think he needs to win less!'

Joel was interesting in his views, but won't be missed.

Ramona
Sonja
BB
Joel
Dirk
Stacey
Old 07-07-2019, 11:21 AM #2017
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Season 1: Borneo: Episode 7- The Merger

Like the idea of the 'ambassadors' from each tribe going to check the livability and then deciding where the tribes will merge at a 'summit'!

Still digging the alliance of Sue, Richard, Rudy and Kelly.

Rudy: 'She hasn't shut up since she's been here!'

The ambassadors summit is so posh I absolutely love it, very formal.

The bed situation at the summit LOL, and the way Jenna clocks that they are trying to make it romantic between her and Sean- she's having none of it.

Not Jenna/Sean drinking FOUR bottles of wine.

Not sure of the name- 'Rattana'

Rudy- 'I'm the old guy, don't forget!'

I really like the breath holing competition, would be crap at it myself though and find it really unnerving!

Glad Greg won the first immunity, he's one of my favorites.

Shame not seeing any strategy or the alliance discussing options.

Sean's alphabetical voting strategy is awful.

These votes are a MESS, think everyone got one vote at least almost? Not sad to see Gretchen go, her iconic- 'Oh my God, it's me!' will be remembered.

Ramona
Sonja
BB
Joel
Gretchen
Dirk
Stacey
Old 09-07-2019, 06:45 PM #2018
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden Watches Edge of Extinction

Nobody asked for it, but you're all getting it...

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:49 PM #2019
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Default Braden Watches Edge of Extinction: Ep 01

- Could not be less arsed with any of the returnees. They've all played way too recently, so I'm really not bothered about any of them coming back again.
- It really does surprise me that Aubry has played 76/78 of the days from Kaoh Rong and Game Changers. It still surprises me that she was such a no-mark in the latter.
- Keith coming to play Survivor but not being able to swim
- Honest to god, Kelly Wentworth becoming such a presence in Survivor lore is so bizarre considering she was such a nobody during her first season.
- Wendy is soooooo sweet. I don't want to sound condescending, but she is super-likable so far.
- "I'm gay and I'm team Joe." No Aurora! No!
- Mother Reem
- I like the Keith/Reem/Wendy alliance.
- God, Jeff Probst is getting noticeably older and less sexy. Hopefully, that doesn't come across as ageist.
- It's so weird looking at edgic, but then seeing it in action. Like, it always feels so different for some reason.
- I'm obsessed with how camp Keith is.
- Wardog throwing out my baby's name (Wendy). He can choke.
- "Wentworth...Didn't she get hurt today? I didn't get hurt today " Let. Them. Know. Mutha. Reem.
- Reem throwing out age discrimination accusations
- Wardog sounds like a cartoon character.
- Ugh, I already love the fact that I'm getting a whole season of Reem of Extinction.
- Oh my god, the way the ending was edited. A new feature film starring Reem Daly.

That was quite a good first episode. The newbies actually seem like a well-rounded good cast. There's nobody objectively awful among the returnees (Joe is close), but none of them are particularly exciting to watch again. I'm intrigued to see how the season will pan out, especially know what happens at the end (which I cannot wait for)

Also, major love for the fact Reem was voted out for moving people's clothes. Nobody else's mutha could ever! I'm so thrilled for the Edge of Extinction twist for the mere fact I'll be seeing a whole season of Reem.

ranking

Reem

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:46 PM #2020
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
Nobody asked for it, but you're all getting it...
Just like Edge of Extinction itself

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:54 PM #2021
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

My grainy second Borneo watch continues...

Season 1: Borneo: Episode 8- My Name Is Duplicity

Pagong blindsided by the 4 Tagi choosing to get rid of Gretchen proves great tv, Rudy proudly announcing in the water: 'It was my idea to get rid of Gretchen!'

The voting lines are drawn, this is where it get's interesting.

Richard is playing a brilliant social game, they are depending on him for food. 'If we vote Rich off, we don't eat!'

Oop Greg is on to Richard.

When Probst opens the box to reveal the tv, jheez it makes this season look dated! The tape into the VCR!

The video's are sweet, lovely moment.

Feel sorry for Jenna not having a tape when everyone else does.

'It was really special for you to send me, and everyone here what you did. We felt like we could feel you, and we felt you, and some of us felt you and some of us iamgined what it was like to feel you!'- Greg what!?!? Rudy- 'It sounded like incest!' BIZARRE!

It's heartbreaking watching Jenna continue to fire the arrow whilst the video for Greg is playing.

Found myself really rooting for Jenna in the immunity challenge, especially after Gervase's comments- then he wins.

Interesting, Colleen pitching that four come together to vote one of the alliance off!

Start of the jury!

Some of the comments are just savage- 'I'm voting for who I dislike!' etc, much prefer Survivor when it's like this than the nicey-nice game we've recently been having!

Can I just say it again please, Sean's 'alphabetical' tactic ****ing SUCKS.

Actually gutted Greg went but glad Jenna stayed. He provided some brilliant moments and was one of my favorites!

Greg
Ramona
Sonja
BB
Joel
Gretchen
Dirk
Stacey
Old 11-07-2019, 08:30 PM #2022
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Season 1: Borneo: Episode 9- Old And New Bonds

Not Kelly ready to turn her back on the alliance!?

Richard's winner edit coming through <3- 'They are not voting me off because I'm not letting them!'

You see on paper you wouldn't expect Sue and Richard to get along but I find their relationship fascinating. The same with Richard and Rudy really.

SO videos from home and now letters from home, hey at least hopefully Jenna get's something.

Those kebabs even look tasty in grainy 140p to be honest.

So sex mad Colleen won after her beau Greg went.

Probst: 'How do you feel like inviting...', Colleen: 'EVERYBODY!', Probst: 'Not quite!'

Love the cuts between sad music of everyone eating rice to samba music as Colleen and Jenna enjoy their kebabs!

YES Jenna and Colleen conspiring against the alliance!

Richard in his birthday suit, quite literally

'A queer who ran away bare ass all the time!'- Rudy pleasantly describing Richard.

Sean on about his alphabetical tactic again , all the girls wanting to be named 'Zelda'!

This challenge is frustrating, because it must be interesting to play but as a viewer it's very confusing and difficult to keep track of.

Jenna/Colleen/Gervase all talking about the 'uprising'- I AM EXCITED, let's hope it happens.

Colleen wearing her buff as a skirt, Sean- 'Not doing that sue?' DEAD

Oop, Kelly acting 'odd' by making friends.

Rudy CONTINUES TO DELIVER: 'I was worried about a female alliance, I even thought about LESBIANISM!'

Sean trying to justify his 'alphabet' strategy being strategic- LOL. Yes @ Queen Sue calling him out- 'He doesn't have enough balls to make a decision!'

So Sean has gone with Jenna. There were FOUR Jenna votes, does that mean Kelly put Sean? To be fair the alliance were lucky that Sean's 'alphabet' strategy fell on Jenna this week! Most interesting vote so far!

Greg
Jenna
Ramona
Sonja
BB
Joel
Gretchen
Dirk
Stacey

Last edited by Joe.; 11-07-2019 at 08:31 PM.
Old 14-07-2019, 03:52 PM #2023
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Season 1: Borneo: Episode 10- Crack In The Alliance

How does Sean still not realize there's an alliance when there has been clear voting blocks.

Coleen seems woke with the alliance, but still somehow wants to vote Sean out?

Oop Sue- 'I trust Kelly 100%!'- Can see this being the start of their fued.

Jheez, the next reward is a phone call home- making it the third consecutive episode to have home contact!

Gervase using the nokia, makes the episode look so prehistoric.

Talk of the '15 minutes of fame'

Like the challenge being at night, adds a whole new element to it. Love the scramble for wood int he challenge, everyone is getting very competitive!

Richard won the challenge, I still think he would have been safe if he didn't win.

Lol at Gervase/Coleen naming themselves 'Bulleye' and 'Sitting duck' as they know they are next!

Oop Sean/Gervase/Coleen/Kelly is the alliance we need!

So the four stuck together, and Coleen and Gervase decided to vote Sean? Very strange as they should have gone for one of the four. Not too sad to see Gervase go, but it looks like Coleen/Sean's days are numbered!

Greg
Jenna
Ramona
Gervase
Sonja
BB
Joel
Gretchen
Dirk
Stacey
Old 15-07-2019, 07:28 PM #2024
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Season 1: Borneo: Episode 11- Long Hard Days

The end game is in sight, the Tagi alliance all have money on their minds!

Rudy is so honest, definitely one of my favorites left- 'If I got bit along the way by someone that gave me their word, I'd do something to them!'

The yacht reward looks amazing!

Sean is a SAVAGE. Telling Kelly she's coming with him for breakfast then shouts off the boat- 'See you in the morning Hatch!'

Montage of Sean eating, then chatting with Jeff is hilarious. Love the captain being his Dad, that was a sweet moment.

Probst- 'Hey Richard, get your skinny ass over here!' Blimey.

Jheez they are eating a lot of food, I'm surprised their stomach's can cope with it. I know it sounds filthy but I always wonder what their **** is like.

Sue with quote of the series- 'UNLESS IF YOU CAME BACK WITH SOMETHING WE DON'T CARE IF YOUR BACK!'

Sean walks in with his father and none of the girls even get up to say hello

Sue wanting to know about the stock market, she's brilliant. Then Sean's Dad dosen't know and she goes- 'For him to visit the camp is cool and everything but he didn't know anythaaaang!' I LOVE HER.

Jeff actually in the water dismantling the challenge himself...

Richard's narration during the challenge is hilarious.

So Jenna falls, looks like she's off

Oop Kelly the double agent being a potential name thrown out there.

Why is Probst calling the 'alphabet strategy' INFAMOUS, that is the last thing it is!

Sean is literally just the worst, changing Colleen's name on his voting slip to Cool-ean.

So Kelly voted Sean, she's not voting with the alliance at all anymore, admire her for doing her own thing.

Sue VS Kelly next ep, OOP.

Greg
Jenna
Ramona
Gervase
Sonja
BB
Joel
Colleen
Gretchen
Dirk
Stacey
Old 17-07-2019, 06:14 PM #2025
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Season 1: Borneo: Episode 12- The Death of an Alliance

So it's just Tagi members left! The alliance....and Sean!

That Sue VS Kelly argument came out of no-where, it was like the cameramen missed the start of it

Kelly talking to Richard first is very smart, she's playing well.

Damn this challenge is the infamous- 'You win and come to a bar with me' one I remember fondly. Such a strange reward going to a bar in the middle of Borneo with Jeff Probst playing the first episode of Survivor. Weird but I love it- this really is Season 1!

This reward seems just so strange, Probst leading a blindfolded Kelly into a bar- 'Cigarettes if your so inclined...'

The fact the bar's been named 'Survivor Bar' too, ok.

The way Probst is trying to have a chat with her and act normal, but also seems weirdly like he's on a date with her. THIS IS SO ODD.

The size and quality of the tv in the bar, bless 2000.

This episode has been a lot of- 'How long left!'

'Last night Jeff Probst went missing! All that was left was this camera.' They play the clip: loads of heavy breathing from Probst. After his night in a bar with Kelly...

I skipped a lot of the stories Probst was reading out for the challenge, Sue was sat open mouthed though as if it was all believable, classic.

So with Kelly winning the challenge, surely it's time to say goodbye to Sean!?

Kelly ready to 'GET DURTY'- Yes.

Rudy's homophobia coming into play again: 'When this is all over I will shake his hand and never see him again!'

Sean going was inevitable. The fact he had a confessional saying he was going to win this episode is hilarious. LOL at the fact his torch went out during tribal- a sign.

I just LOVE how dramatic that trailer for the finale was- 'It's so top secret we cannot even show you a.single.second!'

Greg
Jenna
Ramona
Gervase
Sonja
BB
Sean - This low because wtf is an 'alphabet strategy'
Joel
Colleen
Gretchen
Dirk