Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB15 Celebrity Big Brother 2015 (CBB15) was shown January 2015 on CH5, and the winner was Katie Price. Discuss the series here.

Old 26-12-2014, 10:49 AM #26
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HO~HO~HO~ View Post
That's outright discrimination against anyone that suffers from mental health issues which includes things such as depression btw and I would hazard a guess that most celebs that have entered BB have suffered with that at some point in their careers.

I would imagine that no one in this thread would like to see someone that is having a breakdown or similar but having a mental illness DOES NOT mean the same thing, the comments in this thread are disgusting.

And anyway, no one even knows if Brian Harvey does have any mental health issues atm it's all just speculation.
It is not discrimination at all, I'm not against anyone speaking about their battles with depression as many have. What I am against is the possibility that they may be seeking out celebs with obvious mental health issues as they did with Paula Hamilton.
That is all I'm trying to say whatever else has been said, that is my view.
Old 26-12-2014, 11:41 AM #27
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HO~HO~HO~ View Post
Thanks for that interesting contribution to the thread..
what ever josy.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 04:28 PM #28
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
It is not discrimination at all, I'm not against anyone speaking about their battles with depression as many have. What I am against is the possibility that they may be seeking out celebs with obvious mental health issues as they did with Paula Hamilton.
That is all I'm trying to say whatever else has been said, that is my view.
I agree with your views, BB seems to think that unless there is some kind of awful reaction, that people wont watch the programme, when in reality this is why people are switching off. The whole series has been dumbed down to suit the minority as opposed to the majority of us who like the original format, not these desperado contestants that keep polluting our screens.

Get real people in and real games afoot and real issues will surface. Its only human nature. pay shed loads of cash to numpties that are only interested in the camera and getting out as quick as possible and the series falls into the hands of the desperados that need the airtime to rejuvenate their careers that are dead because they are no longer of any interest to anyone, THATS WHY THE VIEWING FIGURES ARE BAD AND FALLING.

Ask 100 people out shopping if they want to see an x junkie doing a meltdown on tv or if they want to see a well known name having fun and maybe the odd argument and 90% will say the later. BB are buying up numpties that appeal to the 10% group and ignoring the 90% group.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-12-2014, 04:35 PM #29

I guess it totally depends on the severity of the illness. I suffer from depression and anxiety but I manage to hold down a full time responsible job, run a house, raise my 4 year old and deal with the very recent loss of a very close family member without having any major meltdowns but I would be classed as having a mental illness and therefore in the opinions of some unable to enter the house? Each case should be classed on individually but I do agree with Kizzy that the producers should not be hunting down obviously unstable celebs.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
brian, harvey