Notices

Celebrity Big Brother 2015 [CBB 15] Celebrity Big Brother 2015 (CBB15) was shown January 2015 on CH5, and the winner was Katie Price. Discuss the series here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
InOne
R.I.P Kerry x
 
InOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Côte d'Ivoire
Posts: 37,716
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin
BB15: Kimberly
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman


Default Calum's accent

There's like a hint of Irish in there sometimes but does anyone else think he has a really strange accent?
__________________
InOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
Will.
Will.
 
Will.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 17,494
Blog Entries: 3

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
CBB20: Brandi Glanville
IAC2017: Georgia Toffolo
X Factor 2017: Grace Davies


Default

yeah, I keep thinking USA/ Irish.
Will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
Josy
Senior Member
 
Josy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 56,509
Blog Entries: 4


Default

Yeah I noticed that, you can hear some irish and american coming through at times but all in all it's pretty indescribable, I think it must be due to him living in various locations.
__________________
Josy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #4
InOne
R.I.P Kerry x
 
InOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Côte d'Ivoire
Posts: 37,716
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin
BB15: Kimberly
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman


Default

I always thought he'd grown up in the UK mainly
__________________
InOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #5
JoshBB
iconic
 
JoshBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 8,979

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
Default

Yeah it's very mixed up.
__________________
"PLEASE, how do i become a gay icon???" (:

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB19: Lewis F
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB8: Charley
BB7: Aisylene
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:50 PM   #6
tt4079
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 9

Favourites:
CBB15: Michelle Visage
Default

Its mixed up but you can see why it charms the knickers of the ladies.
tt4079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #7
Jason.
coont
 
Jason.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 30,077


Default

I like his accent. It's cute.
It's not one of those annoying American ones, like Perez.
Jason. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:59 PM   #8
BigSister
Senior Member
 
BigSister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Accrington- Lancashire
Posts: 33,174
Blog Entries: 4

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford
X Factor 2016: Matt Terry
I'maCeleb2015: Ferne McCann


Default

Yeah its Irish/American mixed I remember thinking that yesterday when he was talking to Perez
__________________




Founder of the Hate Louis Walsh Fanclub
Founder of the Glyn fanclub
Member 15 of the Luke fanclub
member 34 of the kat fanclub
member 11 of the rex fanclub
Member of the rachel fanclub
BigSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:00 PM   #9
sampvt
User banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: leeds
Posts: 10,830

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
CBB9: Frankie Cocozza
CBB8: Paddy
Default

I am exactly the same. After 42 years of marriage to a Yorkshire lass I am pretty much Englified but certain words and phrases keep coming through and when I meet a fellow Ulsterman, I flip back to full blown Irish. My wife goes nuts at some of our phrases, her favourite is the Ulster for a cone or wafer ice cream, we call them a slider or a poke.
sampvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #10
thinkingoutloud
Senior Member
 
thinkingoutloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 275

Favourites:
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
I always thought he'd grown up in the UK mainly
Me too and I also don't remember him having that accent a few years ago. It sounds mostly American to me but it's confusing.
thinkingoutloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:35 AM   #11
lostalex
Senior Member
 
lostalex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Posts: 18,025


Default

It sounds 90% American. It sounds like Madonna's accent to me.
__________________
Don't be afraid to be weak.

Last edited by lostalex; 10-01-2015 at 07:35 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #12
jennyjuniper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
I am exactly the same. After 42 years of marriage to a Yorkshire lass I am pretty much Englified but certain words and phrases keep coming through and when I meet a fellow Ulsterman, I flip back to full blown Irish. My wife goes nuts at some of our phrases, her favourite is the Ulster for a cone or wafer ice cream, we call them a slider or a poke.
I'm a Yorkshire lass married to a Dane and after 26 years he has aquired a Yorkshire accent, whilst I have, according to some, aquired a German accent when I speak Danish!!
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:01 AM   #13
sampvt
User banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: leeds
Posts: 10,830

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
CBB9: Frankie Cocozza
CBB8: Paddy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
I'm a Yorkshire lass married to a Dane and after 26 years he has aquired a Yorkshire accent, whilst I have, according to some, aquired a German accent when I speak Danish!!
I speak both Swedish and obviously Danish with a bit of a Yorkshire accent as well, lol. I spent 3 years in Jonkoping and 2 yrs in Aarhus many moons ago.
sampvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #14
InOne
R.I.P Kerry x
 
InOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Côte d'Ivoire
Posts: 37,716
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin
BB15: Kimberly
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud View Post
Me too and I also don't remember him having that accent a few years ago. It sounds mostly American to me but it's confusing.
I suppose some people change their accents in order to fit in. Maybe with putting on an American twang it was easier to get down with Lohan and her mates!
__________________
InOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:13 PM   #15
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 123,184
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
I suppose some people change their accents in order to fit in. Maybe with putting on an American twang it was easier to get down with Lohan and her mates!

Wasn't he raised in America? I always remember him having an American accent, his mother is American I think
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:


Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #16
InOne
R.I.P Kerry x
 
InOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Côte d'Ivoire
Posts: 37,716
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin
BB15: Kimberly
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Wasn't he raised in America? I always remember him having an American accent, his mother is American I think
I guess I realise now I know pretty much nothing about him LOL. I'll wiki it.
__________________
InOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #17
InOne
R.I.P Kerry x
 
InOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Côte d'Ivoire
Posts: 37,716
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin
BB15: Kimberly
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman


Default

Said he moved to the UK when 21. So probably explains the mix
__________________
InOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #18
Niamh.
I Love my brick
 
Niamh.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ireland-The peoples Republic of Cork!
Posts: 123,184
Blog Entries: 2

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Shane Lynch


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
I guess I realise now I know pretty much nothing about him LOL. I'll wiki it.

I watched him in Love Island years ago and he definitely had an American accent then
__________________

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post



Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:


Niamh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #19
InOne
R.I.P Kerry x
 
InOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Côte d'Ivoire
Posts: 37,716
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin
BB15: Kimberly
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I watched him in Love Island years ago and he definitely had an American accent then
Irish-American accents can work very well but he's nowhere near mastered it yet.
__________________
InOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:23 PM   #20
jennyjuniper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
I speak both Swedish and obviously Danish with a bit of a Yorkshire accent as well, lol. I spent 3 years in Jonkoping and 2 yrs in Aarhus many moons ago.
I like Aarhus, especially the old town. We live in Sønderborg near the German border. Swedish I find very difficult to understand, while I can read it fine. Norwegian on the other hand is easy to understand, but difficult to read. As for Finnish...forget it. I think it was made up by a bunch of people out of their minds on Wodka!!
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:33 PM   #21
rionablue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7,645

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Marissa Jade
BB18: Kayleigh
CBB18: Marnie Simpson
BB17: Evelyn
Default

Im am Irish and I haven't heard even a HINT of an irish accent. I reckon its mainly American as he spent so much of his life over there.
rionablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:38 PM   #22
sampvt
User banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: leeds
Posts: 10,830

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
CBB9: Frankie Cocozza
CBB8: Paddy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
I like Aarhus, especially the old town. We live in Sønderborg near the German border. Swedish I find very difficult to understand, while I can read it fine. Norwegian on the other hand is easy to understand, but difficult to read. As for Finnish...forget it. I think it was made up by a bunch of people out of their minds on Wodka!!
Aarhus was brill. I used to go the length of schola gata (cant spell it now) every weekend and a drink in each pub was impossible, lol.
sampvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:21 PM   #23
jennyjuniper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Aarhus was brill. I used to go the length of schola gata (cant spell it now) every weekend and a drink in each pub was impossible, lol.
How many pubs were there
I see your location is Leeds. I'm from Skipton originally, so we were almost neighbours. I remember 50 years ago the nightlife in Leeds was fantastic. Is it still?
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #24
InOne
R.I.P Kerry x
 
InOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Côte d'Ivoire
Posts: 37,716
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin
BB15: Kimberly
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman


Default

I've noticed it's strangeness even more now that he's started arguing in a bit. He'll also use British phrases that just don't seem to come out right with his American twang.
__________________
InOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 06:56 PM   #25
Cal.
Mean McLean
 
Cal.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Laura sprays a bottle of ‘Shh...’ by Jade Goody at Georgina
Posts: 36,440

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
BB19: Sian
IAC2018: Rita Simons
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason. View Post
I like his accent. It's cute.
It's not one of those annoying American ones, like Perez.
A crush on Calum do we?
Cal. is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
accent, calum

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:09 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts