Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Old 06-02-2002, 10:18 PM #1

Default Helen & Paul on TV together

I've just seen this on TalkBB (Sorry Nicki, but I knew you wouldn't mind if I nicked it )

On Tuesday 19th February at 10 o'clock on the Living Channel there is an half hour documentary called 'The Wedding Planner'

Apparently it's a documentary series about getting married. The write up says..
Quote:
Kim and Zoe Goodman organise the big day for a couple who have been engaged for four years. The theme of the wedding is 'fairy tale', featuring a cake in the shape of a Sleeping Beauty castle. Guests include Helen and Paul from 'Big Brother'
This will be the first time we have seen them together on TV since the 'Rich and Famous Interview', and what a show for them to choose.!!

I think setting the video is definately called for.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 11:51 PM #2

Wow, what a scoop LEE!!!

I will definitely be watching Helen and Paul with baited breath
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 09:24 AM #3

Oh My God!

As I have already posted on TBB, horror of horrors I can't see or tape it.

I can feel another attack of emotional scarring coming on.

Plaintive little voice:

'Can someone help me and please please tape it for me?'
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 09:53 AM #4

I don't think I have Living either.

However, that won't stop me being very happy for those lucky people that do. Honest, no bitter undertones or anything.

Is this a regular program, or is it really a documentary? What role will P&H play apart from guests, because that seems a bit daft. I hope they're on screen for more than a couple of seconds, but please, please, please, they have to be sat together don't they? And holding hands. Weddings make people feel romantic, so hopefully there'll be some nice gazing into each other's eyes captured.

Let's hope it's a really good wedding and gives inspiration.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 10:20 AM #5

I'll tape it so if anyone wants it, let me know
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 12:55 PM #6
Administrator

Administrator

Feefs - I think it's a regular programme, rather than a one-off. According to the 'LivingTV website, it's on every morning that week at 10 a.m. However, their programme scheduler only covers the current week, so I can't find any other info. yet.

It will be fantastic to see Paul & Helen together again at last. What I'm not sure of is whether they're guests on the programme, or actually guests at the wedding which is being planned.

Time will tell!! Roll on 19th February. Will someone PLEEEEASE remind me to set my video?!!!

Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 02:23 PM #7
WILDCHILD2K1

WILDCHILD2K1

Yup, this should be good to see - we havent seen these for a while. I didnt even see An Audience with Kylie so it will be double cool for me.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 08:55 PM #8

Oh wicked!!

After the disappointment of New Year and them not appearing on Night Fever together, I hope this will lift my spirits. Will be great to see them on TV together. Can't wait.
Di2001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 10:17 AM #9

Sorry to be a damp sqib, but the supremely well-informed James has posted on UKTBB that he thinks it may be a fleeting glimpse of them as guests at Helen's friend Nicki's wedding in Wales last year.

Apparently the livingtv website mentions a Welsh wedding between a Daryll and Nicki.
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 11:19 AM #10

That doesn't bother me too much. The tv crew won't be able to help themselves from giving us a few close-ups. I wonder if they even knew they'd be guests before they turned up?

As it's a wedding of people that Helen at least knew well, it's going to be a much more moving experience for the lass. Hence, teary eyes, tissues and the need for a big cuddle.

Helen will be amongst old friends, and Paul may be meeting some of them for the first time, so it should be interesting to watch. Could you imagine turning up at a wedding to discover that they were on the guest list? I bet there was a lot of nudging and whispering in that church even before the bridesmaids dresses were revealed.

If it is that wedding, then it was in September, because I remember getting excited that I'd been to a wedding too. I also thought it must be serious if Helen was taking Paul to the wedding of an old friend.

You know, I think I'm more excited by this program now. We may get less in terms of quantity, but it has to better quality.

Those of you with Living should perhaps watch for trailers. They're bound to take advantage of P&H in advertising it.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:32 AM #11

I agree Feefs, I'm still looking forward to it even if it isn't going to be an official interview. I hope we do get more than just a fleeting glimpse, but it will still be good to see Helen with her Friends.

Old 08-02-2002, 09:32 PM #12
Administrator

Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Feefs
Those of you with Living should perhaps watch for trailers.
OK Feefs, I'm on the case!

You're right - it may be just a small glimpse of them together turning up for the wedding, but any sighting of them together is better than none!!
Old 18-02-2002, 01:04 PM #13
Administrator

Administrator

Haven't seen a trailer for this programme yet, but just a gentle reminder to everybody that it's on tomorrow, 19th February at 10 a.m. on Living Channel.

Eyes peeled to see Helen & Paul together!!
Old 18-02-2002, 06:38 PM #14

Well remembered Kaz.

I'm setting the video now!
Old 18-02-2002, 10:40 PM #15

I'm video plusing it. Stand by anything could happen!!!
chilledbootz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-02-2002, 10:55 PM #16
Administrator

Administrator

Just off to set the video now, before I go off to the land of nod!

This had better be worth it - I know it probably happened last year, but I can't wait to see Paul and Helen together again. Bless their cotton socks!
Old 19-02-2002, 04:40 PM #17

I hope you managed to capture something of interest. I'm waiting with bated breath for you to review your videos.

I'm slightly concerned this could be another Night Fever misinformation thingy we've got over-excited about, because I so no reference to it, or Helen's friends on the website. The show should of course focus on the couple actually getting married, but if they had any decent footage I'm sure they'd have at least mentioned 'familiar looking guests' on their website in a bid to promote the thing.
Old 19-02-2002, 06:01 PM #18
Administrator

Administrator

Trust me to be first - looks like it's down to me to give the in-depth report........... deep breath ...................

It was no false alarm, Feefs - Helen and Paul were on the programme, together, and looking very happy and loved-up.

Now for a summary of what we saw:

The main parts of the programme dealt with Helen's friend, Nicola and her fiance and little boy getting ready for the wedding. Helen was namedropped a couple of times at the beginning, and it was mentioned that Nicola had a celebrity friend who might be attending along with her boyfriend. Then, at the very end of part one, there was a shot of a couple (Paul with his back to the camera & Helen partly hidden behind him - but us avid fans would recognise them straight away!)

Part 2 of the programme began by saying that the celebrity friend had phoned to confirm she would be attending the wedding, and told you that it was Helen from Big Brother and her co-star Paul. Cut to a shot of H&P arriving at the church, having been spotted by several locals who were gathered round them looking for autographs and getting them to pose for photos. Helen was wearing her brown dress with the splits down the sleeves and had her hair up, and Paul was in a blue shirt and dark suit (no tie!).

There was then a brief shot of Helen in the church as the bride walked down the aisle. After the ceremony, as the couple walked back up the aisle, they passed Helen and Paul and we got another good shot of them cheering and clapping the happy couple (Helen's voice could be heard above everyone else's!!)

Then a shot of H&P arriving at the wedding reception to greet the bride and groom (Paul already swigging out of a bottle of beer), and then finally another shot of them sitting at the table enjoying their meal, and engaging in some eye contact (obviously still seeing the lights!!)

Phew!! I think that's about it. We saw much more of our lovebirds than I thought we would - excellent!

No doubt I've forgotten something, but hopefully that's given you a flavour of the programme.

Old 19-02-2002, 06:35 PM #19

That sounds lovely Kaz. It must have been tricky for them to ensure their presence didn't overshadow the bride and groom, but it sounds like they did it very well. Us avid fans get to oggle them in their naturalish surroundings, and non-BB fans just wonder why that bloke isn't wearing a tie.

I know it was filmed ages aoo, but they really have been in hiding too much for my liking, so your description has made my evening. I'm thrilled there was a bit of eye contact and light action especially to take us back.
Old 19-02-2002, 08:06 PM #20

I've just watched it as well Kaz and I thought it was lovely.

I think the first mention of our H was at the start of the programme when Nicki was asked where she first met her husband to be and she said 'I was dancing with my friend Helen and she whispered to me that there was this guy who kept staring at me'.

And did you notice how many times that Nicki said 'Oh My God' and described everything, including the Wedding Cake, as 'Lush'. Someone's influence there I think.

And wasn't their little son just sooo cute as the page boy.

Old 19-02-2002, 09:26 PM #21
WILDCHILD2K1

WILDCHILD2K1

Dam, I missed this!!! Cheers for the write up Kaz! Sounded pretty good but important thing is Paul and Helen are still happy!!!!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2002, 10:15 PM #22

Kaz you've done an excellent job summarising there. You covered everything. If that was me typing i'd still be here in the morning!!!

Paul looked gorgeous He must've left his tie round my house

H was hysterical when she could be heard cheering in the church, wasn't she? Her friend Nicola seems really nice as well. She reminded me very much of H. It was funny when Nicola said that Paul would be doing his hair and H would be saying OH MY GOD. ::
chilledbootz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2002, 10:43 PM #23
Administrator

Administrator

Well reminded, chilledbootz - I knew I'd forgotten something!!

There was a really funny bit when Helen's friend was talking about how Helen didn't want to spoil her big day by her & Paul drawing attention away. She described how Paul had said they would go into the church through the back door, wearing balaclavas! Nicola then said there was no way he would wear one of these 'cause it would spoil his hair. She then gestured like she was spiking up the front of her hair and said 'he's always doing that' and laughed. Bless 'im!!
Old 20-02-2002, 10:14 AM #24

Missed it
So thank you Kaz, it was great to read your post I bet it was lovley to see them together aw............
Maggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2002, 05:37 PM #25

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz
There was a really funny bit when Helen's friend was talking about how Helen didn't want to spoil her big day by her & Paul drawing attention away. She described how Paul had said they would go into the church through the back door, wearing balaclavas! Nicola then said there was no way he would wear one of these 'cause it would spoil his hair. She then gestured like she was spiking up the front of her hair and said 'he's always doing that' and laughed. Bless 'im!!
Poor soul. At best they've met him a couple of times and already they're taking the p**s on tv.

I wonder if this SAS style entry to the church would involve any life-endangering stunts?

Balaclavas! - now do we need some of them for Saturday?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
helen, paul, tv