Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB15 Celebrity Big Brother 2015 (CBB15) was shown January 2015 on CH5, and the winner was Katie Price. Discuss the series here.

Old 13-01-2015, 01:44 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Hear Cami has responded to the accusations with the following statement: "I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of Ken. At that moment I hit my face against him leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth."

I like it
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 01:44 PM #27
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Hear Cami has responded to the accusations with the following statement: "I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of Ken. At that moment I hit my face against him leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth."
..hmmmm he said he asked her why she had just bit his ear and she said..'because you like it..'..
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 01:46 PM #28
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Big brother accepted Kens reason for nomination of her as valid - case closed
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 01:53 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..hmmmm he said he asked her why she had just bit his ear and she said..'because you like it..'..

the Minx
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 01:55 PM #30
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Big brother accepted Kens reason for nomination of her as valid - case closed
But biting someone you can actually be sent to prison for
Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 02:01 PM #31
-

-

"Abuse"? What absolute nonsense. I'd imagine she did it playfully and at the time he probably took it as that too, a sort of" weird flirtation", it seems like the sort of thing he WOULD like. But then later she turned on him and then he was kicked out partly for being "inappropriate" with the girls, so he NOW sees it as a complete double standard, which it sort of is (happy to have contact and flirt with him as a joke on her terms, not happy about him being suggestive back to them). However, I would be VERY surprised if he was actually upset about it at the time, and that is the only reason it would warrant her being warned for it. If he seemed uncomfortable with what she had done.

In reality though I don't think there is an issue of BB not being consistent here. They've cited all sorts of reasons for him being removed but if we're honest, we all know it was for saying "n**ro", getting warned for it, and then doing it again the next day. Alexander handled it with admirable dignity but you could tell from his face and response that he was horrified. You can put the first offense down to him just being ignorant and not realising that it was considered an offensive term, but after being told explicitly that it is, doing it again is just defiance and not caring that it will cause offense.

I don't think he would be out if it was "just" the inappropriate comments to the girls, without the race issue.

A few years back one poor girl was kicked out more or less instantly for using the n-word in what was actually a less offensive way. She was devastated to have caused offence and, if she had been afforded the luxury of a warning like Ken was, she certainly would never have said the word again (and probably never HAS again). So yeah... I don't really think, in BB terms, that Ken has been treated harshly over this. I think he's been given more leeway than a lot of people in the past when it comes to the race issue.

Not that I personally think he should have been booted - it would actually have been more interesting to do something like have some sort of task aiming to educate him on why his use of language upsets people. It might not work but it would be interesting to try. There have been numerous BB contestants who I feel have come out of the experience having learned a lot and had it really change their world view. That's much more interesting than throwing someone out as soon as they become undesirable.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 02:04 PM #32
-

-

Quote:
Hahaha, I remember almost spitting my coffee across the desk the morning I read that in the papers . Probably one of the best excuses in sporting history.
Old 13-01-2015, 02:05 PM #33
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
"Abuse"? What absolute nonsense. I'd imagine she did it playfully and at the time he probably took it as that too, a sort of" weird flirtation", it seems like the sort of thing he WOULD like. But then later she turned on him and then he was kicked out partly for being "inappropriate" with the girls, so he NOW sees it as a complete double standard, which it sort of is (happy to have contact and flirt with him as a joke on her terms, not happy about him being suggestive back to them). However, I would be VERY surprised if he was actually upset about it at the time, and that is the only reason it would warrant her being warned for it. If he seemed uncomfortable with what she had done.

In reality though I don't think there is an issue of BB not being consistent here. They've cited all sorts of reasons for him being removed but if we're honest, we all know it was for saying "n**ro", getting warned for it, and then doing it again the next day. Alexander handled it with admirable dignity but you could tell from his face and response that he was horrified. You can put the first offense down to him just being ignorant and not realising that it was considered an offensive term, but after being told explicitly that it is, doing it again is just defiance and not caring that it will cause offense.

I don't think he would be out if it was "just" the inappropriate comments to the girls, without the race issue.

A few years back one poor girl was kicked out more or less instantly for using the n-word in what was actually a less offensive way. She was devastated to have caused offence and, if she had been afforded the luxury of a warning like Ken was, she certainly would never have said the word again (and probably never HAS again). So yeah... I don't really think, in BB terms, that Ken has been treated harshly over this. I think he's been given more leeway than a lot of people in the past when it comes to the race issue.

Not that I personally think he should have been booted - it would actually have been more interesting to do something like have some sort of task aiming to educate him on why his use of language upsets people. It might not work but it would be interesting to try. There have been numerous BB contestants who I feel have come out of the experience having learned a lot and had it really change their world view. That's much more interesting than throwing someone out as soon as they become undesirable.
Ken clearly was pissed about being bitten as he used it as a reason to nominate her, and if i recall correctly, those noms were immediately prior to everything kicking off.

BB accepted his nomination reason, therefore that is acceptance that the event occurred. She should have been thrown out if BB were applying rules equally

Last edited by bitontheslide; 13-01-2015 at 02:06 PM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 02:05 PM #34
User banned

User banned

Quote:

she used THE N word, ken didnt
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 02:08 PM #35
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Ken didnt like it so it my case the police should have definetly been called as this is actual physical abuse its not allowed to happen it the real world so why should it happen in the house?
Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 02:30 PM #36
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:

Great post. I do agree with his booting out but other than your thoughts were pretty spot on for me

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 08:28 PM #37
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski94 View Post
Ken didnt like it so it my case the police should have definetly been called as this is actual physical abuse its not allowed to happen it the real world so why should it happen in the house?
The police? Seriously? It's not like she did a Tyson... His ear was intact, I can't imagine it was a proper bite so much as a little nip. OK, fair enough he didn't like it but then surely in the real world, the conversation should have gone:

"Why did you do that??"
"You like it "
" No I don't, don't do it again please."

...and then it's only really a problem if the person chooses to do it again after being asked not to. "calling the police" straight away for someone you're "partying with" at the time (even if you don't know them well), biting your ear in a non-aggressive manner, unless they've somehow done actual damage, would be a huge over-reaction!

Of course, in the same way, remember that Ken was not removed for HIS first offence. He was taken to the diary room and given a warning and then did it again anyway. If ken had said "don't ever do that again" to Cami and then she had chosen to disregard that and do it anyway, then yes, that would possibly warrant being removed from the house. Although still not police involvement to be honest. I can't imagine the police would even be very happy about being called out over something so petty.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 13-01-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Old 16-01-2015, 02:37 AM #38

cami shows a lack of manners, even to elders, ken was right to call her out about that, big brother is way to soft on females housemates who do vile things to the males in the house. swap the gender they take action on that.
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 05:42 AM #39
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski94 View Post
Isnt it physical abuse?
Well she really would have The Police called on her if she tried that outside the house, so yes.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 08:35 AM #40
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
Well she really would have The Police called on her if she tried that outside the house, so yes.
Whatever else is it may be, if it happened as Ken sid it did, it was an invasion of his space and an uninvited bodily contact in some way.
Therefore she was in the wrong completely and he wasn't.

You are right, if she just went up to someone outside and went to bite them,it could have had the police involved.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 11:57 AM #41
User banned

User banned

trouble is men don't call the police all the time for every little incident the way women do....sadly its reached a stage where men should start complaining about absolutely everything the way women do, to even up the score and stop women getting away with more. obviously if any man bit any woman hed be thrown out and investigated by the police. yet more tedious mindless double standards. but im sexist of course just for pointing out THE TRUTH
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 02:17 PM #42

Favourites:
X Factor 2015: Reggie 'N' Bollie

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
I like it
lmfao that was Luis Suarez's excuse! I mean the " lost my balance" part.

Last edited by Jose Mourinho; 16-01-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Jose Mourinho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 02:18 PM #43

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
I like it
Me too
Jose Mourinho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic