Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB15 Celebrity Big Brother 2015 (CBB15) was shown January 2015 on CH5, and the winner was Katie Price. Discuss the series here.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:06 AM #1

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
Default Melodrama

Why is it that whenever something happens in the house to provoke a warning, elements of the forum go wild with accusations of rape? I find this bizarre form of melodrama jaw dropping. I know that we are at the arena of bb baying for a spot of blood but some forum posts seem to take things ten steps further and prepare the rope for a hanging.

Verbally abusing someone in an argument and touching someone's robe are not acts of rape. Do people really go about their lives crying serious offences when someone says the wrong thing or makes a drunken pass at them?

Thoughts anyone or is just me who sits here and

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 01-02-2015 at 02:07 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:22 AM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

I have'nt seen anyone make any accusations of rape tbf.Perez did threaten to that to Callum though even if it is highly doubtful he would carry it out.As for Jeremy i also did'nt think he should have been removed,He never threatened or actually touched Chloe,Just her robe.If he said to Chloe 'I will stick my huge dick up your ass' then yes but he mistook her bending over him in only a robe as her making a pass at him when he was hammered.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:37 AM #3

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballPaul View Post
I have'nt seen anyone make any accusations of rape tbf.Perez did threaten to that to Callum though even if it is highly doubtful he would carry it out.As for Jeremy i also did'nt think he should have been removed,He never threatened or actually touched Chloe,Just her robe.If he said to Chloe 'I will stick my huge dick up your ass' then yes but he mistook her bending over him in only a robe as her making a pass at him when he was hammered.
Lots of wild accusations here:http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=272447

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 01-02-2015, 02:58 AM #4
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

This show brings out the strangest people for some reason and riles people up to the point where I just think they need their TV confiscating cause they're clearly not stable enough to watch it
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:12 AM #5
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

This happened also when Dexter and Callum argued. They're just words, spoken in the heat of the moment. I doubt anyone meant it literally.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:09 AM #6
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
This show brings out the strangest people for some reason and riles people up to the point where I just think they need their TV confiscating cause they're clearly not stable enough to watch it
I think this series has shown that we've got a lot of young people watching as their responses are quite strange as you put it Jack, and quite OTT.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:31 AM #7
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Why is it that whenever something happens in the house to provoke a warning, elements of the forum go wild with accusations of rape? I find this bizarre form of melodrama jaw dropping. I know that we are at the arena of bb baying for a spot of blood but some forum posts seem to take things ten steps further and prepare the rope for a hanging.

Verbally abusing someone in an argument and touching someone's robe are not acts of rape. Do people really go about their lives crying serious offences when someone says the wrong thing or makes a drunken pass at them?

Welcome to the litigious, overly sensitive new generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I think this series has shown that we've got a lot of young people watching as their responses are quite strange as you put it Jack, and quite OTT.
THIS
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:17 AM #8
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

Rape isn't always a sexual act and it can be defined as "the act of seizing and carrying off by force." Both Jeremy attempting to remove the robe and Perez verbally threatening Calum fit under this category.

Although I personally wouldn't go as far to label either of those acts rape, the people who do are not technically wrong.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:23 AM #9

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

Quote:

I hate the fact the 'r' word has been thrown around the forum for that argument. Completely unnecessary if you ask me.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:34 AM #10
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Great post, I agree completely
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:14 AM #11

Quote:

Agree entirely. I've been made quite upset and angry over the overt political correctness employed, and its cynical use by some to score points. In fact I almost stopped posting at one stage, but decided this is the way society is going these days, and that it might be interesting to hang around here to observe this social phenomenon in action.
johne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:23 AM #12

I agree with the OP, it is all so pathetic. Unless something illegal has occurred leave them to it.

Salman Rushdie
Jack The Cat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:55 AM #13

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokkajava View Post
Welcome to the litigious, overly sensitive new generation.

THIS
My son watches and in fact is also on this forum (I had no idea he was on here but had been impressed by some of his posts. We found out last season when I was approached by ops about a second account with my IP) and I swell with pride when I read his posts so I can't say I agree it must be just the youth element on the forum.

Its an amazing thing to read the thoughts of your offspring and find you can agree as two people without having influenced their views.

― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 01-02-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:37 AM #14

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin

It's like a witch hunt sometimes. Witches weren't real folks!
Old 01-02-2015, 12:49 PM #15

I think some of the young peoples ideals and politically correctness is admirable.

However, it does show a naevity that it can be applied to a lot of situations.

Yes, they are correct, but things are never black or white but hundreds of shades in between.

Then ten years down the line, things change, as recently with Same sex marriage, something not heard of then, yet everyone must agree about it.

It is not going to happen overnight, senseless to even think that but it will gradually become the norm. However, being rigid that it must be will only stir up those brought up to think differently in a past era.

I think slowly is the way forward, gradually it will happen but hammering on about how it should be with a limited view of the world and life experiences is not going to work.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:03 PM #16

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:

I would never imply rape in this forum unless it was absolutely merited to mention it like a housemate trying to force themselves on another or similar. I think people get carried away with words when they speak passionately about something they feel strongly about either FOR or AGAINST housemates.

Jeremy made a mistake, crossed the line and was removed. I truly don't think he should have been removed until things got talked about properly between him and Chloe the following day and then BB could decide.

Perez made a very very lewd suggestion in the heat of the moment. Yes Calum was speaking aggressively to him but he was also walking away from the argument and when he went into the other room only THEN did he hear what Perez said. I was disgusted with what Perez said even if he WAS riled. What I was more angry about is that he didn't seem ONE TINY BIT sorry for saying it when he sat in the diary room and gave big brother sarcastic and uncontrite comments
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
melodrama