Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB15 Celebrity Big Brother 2015 (CBB15) was shown January 2015 on CH5, and the winner was Katie Price. Discuss the series here.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:56 AM #26
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I've been thinking this for weeks, the "status quo" on here seems to change to fit what happens to suit people at the time. Because people supported Jim, it was "all about how they are in the house and his past is irrelevant". Some of the same people dislike Katie Hopkins and now suddenly, what she's been like outside of the house is fair game for proving how nasty she is.

I mean... come on. If we're going to go down that route - making a few nasty / ignorant tweets is a billion miles from some of the things that Jim bloody Davidson has done in his past, that we were all encouraged to "disregard"
I think it is important to differentiate between game show and reality, because it is all to easy to get the 2 mixed up. To that extent, it is important that housemates are judged by their performance in the house.

Its much easier to hold to that principle with civilian bb because usually the people are unheard of when they enter the house, although the trend to fill it with wannabees in recent years has messed that up a bit too. With celeb BB, the reason they are there is because of what they have done on the outside, so how do you suspend opinions that may have been built up over 20 or 30 or even more years. I can't.

Anyway, speaking personally and returning to the thread topic, I've seen plenty in the BB house that indicates to me that KH is not a nice person, so I'm comfortable that conclusions drawn are from what I've seen in the house.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:56 AM #27
cancelled

cancelled

Default everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
If some people want to believe that KH can do no wrong and that she is really a nice person that's misunderstood, that's fine good luck to them.
would anyone suggest that katie h can do no wrong..................?

it's a question of balance..nasty...........................nice

you decide............watch out for the result...tonight

Mark L

ps that's not the only criteria for the win.............viewers may prefer entertaining however nasty a HM is
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:07 AM #28
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I think it is important to differentiate between game show and reality, because it is all to easy to get the 2 mixed up. To that extent, it is important that housemates are judged by their performance in the house.

Its much easier to hold to that principle with civilian bb because usually the people are unheard of when they enter the house, although the trend to fill it with wannabees in recent years has messed that up a bit too. With celeb BB, the reason they are there is because of what they have done on the outside, so how do you suspend opinions that may have been built up over 20 or 30 or even more years. I can't.

Anyway, speaking personally and returning to the thread topic, I've seen plenty in the BB house that indicates to me that KH is not a nice person, so I'm comfortable that conclusions drawn are from what I've seen in the house.
I don't disagree with you, I should probably have pointed out that I do think their behaviour in the past is completely relevant. I think Jim Davidson winning the show is an absolute travesty. A nasty, racist, violent drunk. Sorry, sorry, poor old Jim, he didn't brutalise any women while he was in the house, we have to praise him for that. He was just a red faced passive aggressive alcoholic while he was actually in there...

Anyway, I realise this is a Hopkins thread not a Davidson thread. Just saying... We've had far more "vile" people win it in the past... So it would hardly be unprecedented.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
explain, nice, person