Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Chat and Games Looking for forum games, and completely off topic banter - this is your place! (includes Virtual Big Brother type forum games)

Old 02-03-2015, 02:12 PM #1
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Default Advice plz (Update...)

Right, I'm sure a lot of you are aware of the fact that my dad has a gf who he is marrying (tomorrow, welp) and I'm still upset about it, but if it makes him happy, then I'll just have to get over it. But it's come to my attention recently, that she's been saying nasty things to my sister (who moved to his house a few days ago) and she's also been saying nasty things about me.

The next time I see my dad, he'll already be married, so I really don't know what to do. She's been telling my sister things like 'your sister is selfish and bossy' and 'you know your dad can't afford to look after you when we move to america' and loads of other little things. She doesn't work and my sister is looking for a job while she stays at my dads house, so it's pretty much just them two alone in the house until my dad gets back from work.

My dads gf has put up 'HOUSE RULES' in the house, because they are getting married in the states and she thinks my sister will be throwing parties and all this. When I was saying by to my dad on friday, I got annoyed and said 'Look, what kind of people do you think we are? We have never once thrown a party.' and my dads gf looked at me like I ****ing punched one of her cats.

My sister has to ask my dad and his gf permission if she wants to have one of us over. It's so pathetic. One of the rules even says 'NO ONE IS ALLOWED IN OUR ROOM', which is stupid because it's where the bathroom is.

Anyway, all that is pretty irrelevant. I just got stuck in rant mode.

Do you think I should mention to my dad that his gf has been saying really nasty things to my sister about my family? With the type of person that she is, I think she wants to have a big fall out, but shall I ask my dad about it anyway? My sister would be home at my dads house, so I wouldn't want her to feel guilty.

What would you do? I'm really unsure about this. This woman always has ulterior motives. I don't know if she's saying these things because she wants there to be a big fall out.

Last edited by Ninastar; 20-03-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Ninastar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:21 PM #2
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Sounds like your sister knows the stuff she's telling her about you is bollocks. Surely the gf knows that too right? Does she see you as a threat towards getting in with your Dad or something?
Kyle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:24 PM #3
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Sounds like your sister knows the stuff she's telling her about you is bollocks. Surely the gf knows that too right? Does she see you as a threat towards getting in with your Dad or something?
She's a really selfish woman who wants my dad all for herself. So much so, that this summer when my dads contact ends and when he goes back to the states, she wants to go to a place where we have no family and friends. She more or less told my aunt last year that she doesn't like us and doesn't want my dad to spend time with anyone other than her.

His gf said all that KNOWING that my sister would tell me. I mean, who wouldn't tell their sister something like that? But now I want to know whether or not to tell me dad. She is a master manipulator as my aunt and I call it. She knows exactly how to get my dad to feel sorry for her. Now that they are getting married tomorrow, I only imagine it will get worse.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:24 PM #4
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

I think you should be upfront about it, like speak to your father and her like you're having a house meeting so you can sort everything out before it goes too far if you know what I mean.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 02-03-2015 at 02:25 PM.
LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:31 PM #5
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
She's a really selfish woman who wants my dad all for herself. So much so, that this summer when my dads contact ends and when he goes back to the states, she wants to go to a place where we have no family and friends. She more or less told my aunt last year that she doesn't like us and doesn't want my dad to spend time with anyone other than her.

His gf said all that KNOWING that my sister would tell me. I mean, who wouldn't tell their sister something like that? But now I want to know whether or not to tell me dad. She is a master manipulator as my aunt and I call it. She knows exactly how to get my dad to feel sorry for her. Now that they are getting married tomorrow, I only imagine it will get worse.

Ah ****, if they are getting married very soon then maybe she wanted you to kick off so she could play victim and accuse you of wanting to spoil the whole vibe?

If you are going to say something to him then going in all guns blazing will play right in her hands. If you maybe pull him aside and say like 'look Dad, this isn't about you and her. You make your choices and I support you in what you do so please don't look at this like I'm trying to cause trouble but the things she's saying about me[list them] I don't like it Dad it's not fair on me. I want you to be happy and all that but I don't want my name dragged through the mud for no reason.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:32 PM #6

That is a horrible situation, kind of similar to mine, my mother is engaged to a man-child at the moment and I can't stand him, he doesn't like any of our family and he's really creepy, his family are all mental and they just give my mother stress all the time but she is blind because she loves him, even though a few times he broke up with her because his sister told him to. My mother and him are in their 50's but they have no common sense. I've told my mother all of this and she didn't listen, she doesn't care that we are trying to help her see him for who he truly is. Anyway I think it's a bit different in our situation because none of us really depend on her and haven't for a few years.

I really think you should tell him though, if he's marrying someone he should know all aspects of her, it's only fair, even if he doesn't take it on board straight away he'll probably realise you were right when she does something unforgivable. I think it's way more complicated taking the wedding into consideration though. :S
Jessica. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:33 PM #7

Quote:
Ah ****, if they are getting married very soon then maybe she wanted you to kick off so she could play victim and accuse you of wanting to spoil the whole vibe?

If you are going to say something to him then going in all guns blazing will play right in her hands. If you maybe pull him aside and say like 'look Dad, this isn't about you and her. You make your choices and I support you in what you do so please don't look at this like I'm trying to cause trouble but the things she's saying about me[list them] I don't like it Dad it's not fair on me. I want you to be happy and all that but I don't want my name dragged through the mud for no reason.
I agree with this.
Jessica. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:34 PM #8
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Thank you, I was going to say something like your last paragraph in the first place.

I just don't know whether to do it or not, because she's probably wanting me to cause a fuss.

Now I wont lie, but if this was a year ago, I'd have kicked off, gone mental blah blah blah... I've grown up a lot in the last year and now I'm just wondering what to do.

I honestly hate this bitch so much. She's a compulsive liar and I hate that she's trying to take my dad away from us.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:35 PM #9
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Thanks Jess, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through something similar. It really sucks, doesn't it?

The wedding is tomorrow. They only told us pretty much two weeks ago and she knows fine that it was better to tell us with next to no warning.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:37 PM #10
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Thank you, I was going to say something like your last paragraph in the first place.

I just don't know whether to do it or not, because she's probably wanting me to cause a fuss.

Now I wont lie, but if this was a year ago, I'd have kicked off, gone mental blah blah blah... I've grown up a lot in the last year and now I'm just wondering what to do.

I honestly hate this bitch so much. She's a compulsive liar and I hate that she's trying to take my dad away from us.
Your dad has to take some responsibility for that too though, at the end of the day we're all responsible for our own actions and if he's letting his financé interfere with his relationships with his children then that falls solely on his shoulders imo What age is your sister btw? Like is she still in school and that?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:40 PM #11
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Your dad has to take some responsibility for that too though, at the end of the day we're all responsible for our own actions and if he's letting his financé interfere with his relationships with his children then that falls solely on his shoulders imo What age is your sister btw? Like is she still in school and that?
I do agree with that. He's just totally blinded by love (and manipulation)

My sister is 18, but she has a lot of mental health issues atm. My dads GF knows that, which makes it even worse.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:42 PM #12
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Quote:

This is what I think she is banking on.

It's tough though, in one respect you got one day till she's got a ring on your a Dad's finger but on the other hand any sort of trouble and she will use the classic victim card 'look at her trying to spoil our big day, she hates me and doesn't want us to be happy'.

Do you have to say something tonight? Are you hoping it will stop him marrying her? Those are just questions by the way I'm not saying you shouldn't say anything now I just wanna see what you are looking at getting from it cos I'm a bit worried about using the wedding as a victim card.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:45 PM #13
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

my advise... for what it's worth?

If you try to confront your dad before the wedding, what outcome are you looking for??
I think it is highly unlikely that your dad will stop the wedding at this point, or that he will see the girlfriend in the same way you see her. If he hasn't realized it yet, he is not ready to see the truth. Denial is a powerful thing.

Is your sister old enough to fight her own battles regarding the house rules and living with the gf and dad? If she were 12 and under, I would say then it is within your rights to jump to her defense, but if she is able to give your dad a first hand account of the situation and how it is affecting her, then you need to support her in having those hard talks with your dad and not try to fight her battles.

In regards to the gf saying horrible things about you, as long as it isn't changing anyone's opinion of you, like your sister, dad, or any other family member, don't rise to it. The gf is probably trying to get you to kick off and cause an argument with your dad so that she has more ammunition against you. Name calling and accusations suck, but if they are not believed by those around you that you care about, they can't really harm you.

It sounds like you have already had conversations with your dad about the gf, and that your perspective has not been received well. It will not go any better for you to confront him the day before the wedding, and it may do irreparable damage to your relationship with your dad.

So I guess my opinion is you shouldn't confront him the day before the wedding. It will probably get worse when they are married yes, but your dad is an adult who is allowed to make decisions for himself, even if they are not great decisions. You also get to make your own adult decisions, and part of that is realizing, we can't control another person's actions, only our own.
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:57 PM #14
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

oh god no, there's absolutely no point in saying anything tonight. I won't even bother. She probably wants that from me anyway.

but I'm debating about saying something to him quietly when he gets back.

thank you all though for the advice, I really appreciate it
Old 02-03-2015, 02:59 PM #15
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Are you going to the wedding?
Old 02-03-2015, 03:01 PM #16
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

No, it's in America. She didn't want us to be there. Not that I would go anyway.

Ugh, my sister just text me saying that their neighbor has gone to check in everything twice today. She even walked in on my sister in the shower. She's 18 ffs she can bloody take care of a house.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:05 PM #17

[gf has put up 'HOUSE RULES' ]

try to respect them.

Get advice from others in the same problem
on here
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:06 PM #18
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Disgraceful woman. Even if I didn't like someone's kids I'd still make sure they would come for the partners sake.

I feel for your Dad that he's caught between his own children and the woman he now loves but part of me harks back to what Niamh said earlier. He should be putting his foot down. She's too domineering.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:07 PM #19
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

oh. my god.

Yesterday I posted on my dads FB wall telling him about Liverpool winning and somehow, the post has MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared... what the actual ****.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:10 PM #20

Quote:
Disgraceful woman. Even if I didn't like someone's kids I'd still make sure they would come for the partners sake.

I feel for your Dad that he's caught between his own children and the woman he now loves but part of me harks back to what Niamh said earlier. He should be putting his foot down. She's too domineering.

But this is common place
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:12 PM #21
Mr Rocket League

Mr Rocket League

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
But this is common place
Ah well that makes it alright then, that's me told.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:16 PM #22
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
oh. my god.

Yesterday I posted on my dads FB wall telling him about Liverpool winning and somehow, the post has MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared... what the actual ****.
If I was you I would just try to limit my interactions with her. You're always going to be your dads daughter, she can't change that, no matter what she says or does. The less you're around her the less she can say about you. I would just say to your dad that you would prefer to do stuff with him on your own as you don't get to see him alot so you'd like to have quality time with just him when you do. I don't think there's any other way to go about it that won't cause some sort of an argument or make your dad feel like he has to "pick a side"

When it comes to your sister because she's actually living with him, I think her best bet is to sit down with your dad and talk about the "house rules" with him and see if they can't come to a compromise but at the end of the day it is his house so she has to live by the rules he puts forward

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 02-03-2015, 03:17 PM #23
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Why has your sister moved in with them? If it were me I would leave it for now, wait until the dust settles and speak to the gf directly, you will never resolve issues by going through a third party as what gets said can be misinterpreted and skewed, getting your Dad involved should be a last resort. If I left my soon to be 18 year old son alone I would want one of my friends to keep an eye on him
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:37 PM #24
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
If I was you I would just try to limit my interactions with her. You're always going to be your dads daughter, she can't change that, no matter what she says or does. The less you're around her the less she can say about you. I would just say to your dad that you would prefer to do stuff with him on your own as you don't get to see him alot so you'd like to have quality time with just him when you do. I don't think there's any other way to go about it that won't cause some sort of an argument or make your dad feel like he has to "pick a side"

When it comes to your sister because she's actually living with him, I think her best bet is to sit down with your dad and talk about the "house rules" with him and see if they can't come to a compromise but at the end of the day it is his house so she has to live by the rules he puts forward
I've asked him about spending time with just him before, because that's not a nasty thing to do and he hasn't listened. She HAS to be there with him every minute he's not working. I manage to meet him after work sometimes, but he never stays long because she calls him and is like 'omg are you okay!! so worried!!!!' when really, she just wants to see what he's doing and who he's with.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:39 PM #25
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I've asked him about spending time with just him before, because that's not a nasty thing to do and he hasn't listened. She HAS to be there with him every minute he's not working. I manage to meet him after work sometimes, but he never stays long because she calls him and is like 'omg are you okay!! so worried!!!!' when really, she just wants to see what he's doing and who he's with.
Well there's not much else you can do then, he's a grown man and if he can't give you some of his time on his own then it's his fault imo

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
advice, plz