Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 17-02-2018, 09:59 AM #226
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
"Brother's Keeper" and "This Land is Your Land" were two of the best episodes this show has done (and the latter is actually one of the best episodes of both shows) I mean, the plot armour was strong with Alicia being the only survivor from the pantry but I won't gripe too much because you can't say the season has been stingy on main character deaths and I know there are more before the end.

The ending of this latest episode I watched really gave me that feeling, the first time Fear has actually. And I love that now we're back to a smaller core group. I always preferred that to having tons of background characters, I think that's one of the reasons the main show hasn't really gelled much for me since they settled in Alexandria (and actually I think the main group atm has too many members too).
Spoiler:

..I also like the Mexico setting in FTWD, that water has become the currency there, I think is a good take and variation from the other show...what did you think of Travis’ death, Lostie...?...I was quite annoyed at first because he was only just becoming more interesting as a character...but I think he probably had to die for Madison’s character to develop more...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 11:28 AM #227
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
Spoiler:

..I also like the Mexico setting in FTWD, that water has become the currency there, I think is a good take and variation from the other show...what did you think of Travis’ death, Lostie...?...I was quite annoyed at first because he was only just becoming more interesting as a character...but I think he probably had to die for Madison’s character to develop more...
I was never particularly attached to Travis but yeah he was getting more interesting in the wake of Chris' death but I love that the show took out such a major character so early (not just early in the season but the episode too, didn't he die in the very first scene of the episode? ).

Ofelia's death was heartbreaking with her passing literally seconds before Daniel arrived. I've loved her story this season with her joining the Black Hat Reservation and the sort of surrogate father/daughter relationship with Walker. I was also rooting hard for her and Crazy Dog to get together dammit!

I do wish I didn't know about Travis, Jake and Ofelia dying in advance because they would have all been huge surprises but I have a bad habit of falling behind and then reading up on what I've missed Really looking forward to the final two episodes even though I know most of what happens

(I'm assuming it's safe for me to not use spoiler tags at this point )
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 01:02 PM #228
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
I was never particularly attached to Travis but yeah he was getting more interesting in the wake of Chris' death but I love that the show took out such a major character so early (not just early in the season but the episode too, didn't he die in the very first scene of the episode? ).

Ofelia's death was heartbreaking with her passing literally seconds before Daniel arrived. I've loved her story this season with her joining the Black Hat Reservation and the sort of surrogate father/daughter relationship with Walker. I was also rooting hard for her and Crazy Dog to get together dammit!

I do wish I didn't know about Travis, Jake and Ofelia dying in advance because they would have all been huge surprises but I have a bad habit of falling behind and then reading up on what I've missed Really looking forward to the final two episodes even though I know most of what happens

(I'm assuming it's safe for me to not use spoiler tags at this point )
..I hadn’t known about Ofelia, I hadn’t prepared for Ofelia, I just wasn’t ready for Ofelia, it was so hard to say goodbye to Ophelia ..not that it would ever be possible to be ready for such heart rendering sadness...but maybe I could have had more tissues at home.....it was just too, too cruel...

...I binged watched the last series at Christmas time and a friend was also binge watching at the same time...she texted me to say she’d seen some stuff on Twitter after Ofelia’s death with people tweeting...OMG, TAKE ME INSTEAD...THIS WORLD IS NOT SOMEWHERE I WANT TO BE ANYMORE!!!!!..SOB.......
Old 17-02-2018, 02:28 PM #229
nope

nope

I didn't want it to happen to Travis either, I liked him, we never saw the body though

Season 4 of ftwd starts 15th of April in the US

Last edited by Natalie.; 17-02-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Natalie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 06:09 PM #230
Namaste

Namaste

Finished! The visuals for the dam collapse were really impressive! I enjoyed the whole season but those last 5 episodes were just brilliant

I hope Taqa and Wild Dog return next season.
Old 17-02-2018, 06:11 PM #231
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie. View Post
I didn't want it to happen to Travis either, I liked him, we never saw the body though
Old 17-02-2018, 06:23 PM #232
nope

nope

Quote:
Old 18-02-2018, 05:09 AM #233
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

Season 4 of ftwd starts 15th of April in the US
..yeah we never did see the body and he’s a main character...so maybe he has survived..?...maybe there was a reason for not showing it...maybe he landed in TWD territory and one of the characters there will find him and return him to Madison and the Fear set...hmmmm....
Old 18-02-2018, 06:36 AM #234
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..yeah we never did see the body and he’s a main character...so maybe he has survived..?...maybe there was a reason for not showing it...maybe he landed in TWD territory and one of the characters there will find him and return him to Madison and the Fear set...hmmmm....
Well it was revealed a while ago that Morgan is leaving TWD and joining FTWD, sooo...
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 06:39 AM #235
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Well it was revealed a while ago that Morgan is leaving TWD and joining FTWD, sooo...
...yeah but I’ve missed a lot of reveals this last while, through circumstances etc..so I’m sticking with my own theories.../..stubborn female...soooooo back at ya...

Old 08-03-2018, 06:56 PM #236
Namaste

Namaste

Love these teasers for season 4

Old 24-04-2018, 11:08 PM #237

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Got round to finishing season 3 (haven't started 4 yet) still enjoy this more than the main show & Alicia is one of the best characters in the entire franchise LOVE her
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 11:10 PM #238

Favourites:

Favourites:

Also

Spoiler:

I'm sad they killed Ofelia off, her dying right before being reunited with Daniel </3

Last edited by Jordan.; 24-04-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 10:28 PM #239
Namaste

Namaste

Just got fully caught up on the current season

Spoiler:

Nick dying out of nowhere is genuinely one of the most shocking things from both shows. I had read that the last episode had a big death so was anticipating something but Madison's absence from the present day scenes (and Nick being angry over something) had me expecting it to be her. Very glad it wasn't though, I know some people hate her but I love her

Althea and John are great new additions Since Maggie Grace has always been Shannon from Lost to me, seeing her as a character who's so completely unlike Shannon is odd
Old 01-05-2018, 06:11 AM #240
nope

nope

Quote:
Just got fully caught up on the current season

Spoiler:

Nick dying out of nowhere is genuinely one of the most shocking things from both shows. I had read that the last episode had a big death so was anticipating something but Madison's absence from the present day scenes (and Nick being angry over something) had me expecting it to be her. Very glad it wasn't though, I know some people hate her but I love her

Althea and John are great new additions Since Maggie Grace has always been Shannon from Lost to me, seeing her as a character who's so completely unlike Shannon is odd
Spoiler:

Apparently the actor wanted to leave, very shocking.
Hope they haven't killed off Madison, I love her too. They haven't mentioned her in the now part

I love Althea and John and how John wants to be Morgan's bff
Old 01-05-2018, 07:02 PM #241
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Spoiler:

Apparently the actor wanted to leave, very shocking.
Hope they haven't killed off Madison, I love her too. They haven't mentioned her in the now part

I love Althea and John and how John wants to be Morgan's bff
Spoiler:

I don't think Madison is dead anymore. I think she's with Naomi somewhere, probably Strand's almost-boyfriend too

"John Dorie. Like the fish, but ie not y" a more bad ass intro than "Bond. James Bond"? He reminds me of a cowboy version of Eugene with how he talks. But much better than Eugene

And Naomi reminds me of Carol. I like her too.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:02 AM #242
nope

nope

Quote:
Spoiler:

I don't think Madison is dead anymore. I think she's with Naomi somewhere, probably Strand's almost-boyfriend too

"John Dorie. Like the fish, but ie not y" a more bad ass intro than "Bond. James Bond"? He reminds me of a cowboy version of Eugene with how he talks. But much better than Eugene

Oops I forgot the other woman was missing
Old 11-07-2018, 11:28 PM #243

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Spoiler:

I thought Carol after Naomi and John's ep too

also regarding your spoiler (still putting it in as poiler even tho 4A finished a month ago)

Spoiler:

at the fact Madison's dead. I appreciate they killed her off because they made her character unlikable (she was personally my fav) and they probs wanted to get people back like "hey everyone the woman you hated so much is GONE!!! COME WATCH OUR SHOW!!" but 4a proved she could be likeable if handled properly.

Also Nick's death was shock factor and no one can convince me otherwise. We didn't see ANYONE mourn him, his death did nothing imo
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:29 PM #244
-

-

Just caught up with this and IMO, S4 was better than the main TWD has been for years (though I have been enjoying the recent series of that too, to be fair). I mean yes they basically killed off the entire cast and rebooted the show as a Morgan spin-off that happens to also have Alicia and Strand in it... but I'm still here for it. He's a better lead than Madison, and he's had more character development in one season of this than he got in several TWD seasons. .
Old 01-02-2019, 12:57 PM #245

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):

Anyone know if e4 plan on showing any further seasons of this. They showed season 1 but there is no sign of season 2
Old 01-02-2019, 04:46 PM #246
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeyJake10 View Post
Anyone know if e4 plan on showing any further seasons of this. They showed season 1 but there is no sign of season 2
When did they air S1? If it wasn't recent then I'd guess not, as we're coming up on season 5 now.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:52 PM #247

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
When did they air S1? If it wasn't recent then I'd guess not, as we're coming up on season 5 now.
They took the rights to show it last year it was shown just before season 9 of the walking dead started so hopefully they will show the rest of the seasons soon
Old 25-06-2019, 01:26 AM #248

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

so since I finally decided to catch up on FTW

4B thoughts:
Spoiler:

I didn't remember June ever being with the Vultures, nor do I remember John's leg ever being injured, so I was confused for the entire setup of this half of the season. I also hated Charlie in 4A (probably because she killed Nick, but I wasn't too big on Nick anyway) but I really grown to like her in 4B! A very unique take on a 'villain turned hero', and a human one at that.

I love and love Alicia more and more by the day. While I wish Madison was still around, and was around for many more seasons to come, I think Alicia would've had have been the last one standing eventually (and I'm glad she is! I also hope that Madison's still alive... but wishful thinking)

Well done to FTWD for killing off two of the show's biggest characters and bringing it Wendell and Sarah - both interesting and welcome additions to the cast, IMO

I don't remember being too fond of Althea in 4A but I ADORE her in 4b? Dunno what made me like her more but I'm loving her

That part where the group comes back for Morgan... it reminds me of something, but I love it

Martha was good! We've not had a solo antagonist for... since ever, I think? Sure she wasn't too threatening but do 'bad' people need to be? I like that she was very human and hurting, and wasn't truly bad. That said, I'm glad she's dead and not redeemed

Overall, I found it definitely enjoyable. I was gonna have it on as background noise so I'd have an idea of events going into the important Season 5, but I found myself invested and watching it with full attention. I'm becoming more open to Morgan's inclusion, too; I was of the belief he should've gotten his own spin-off, but he just works in FTWD

S5 (first 3 eps)
Spoiler:

Firstly, where the **** did they find a plane

Secondly, the idea of radioactive walkers is so novel and something they can't really ever revisit, so I'm hoping we see more of them. I'd like to see the damage they could cause

Thirdly, those kids are annoying

Fourthly, how do they have such a surplus of supplies

Fifthly, Dwight's return is nice if not farfetched. Definitely looking forward to seeing him in the group

And finally... the crossover with TWD (no, not Dwight). I really like how the helicopter group is such a big thing and mystery, I hope they don't disappoint. I'm kinda hoping they're the catalyst to FTWD and TWD potentially merging (but given the massive timegap between the shows chronologically, I will always be wondering, "would Alicia's group become part of the helicopter group and defect six years down the line? Why? Would the helicopters still have fuel in six months time?". The crossover will amost definitely not happen but I wonder when and how they could end FTWD

All in all I'm liking FTWD again. Although, the showrunners said they almost made the group into a Saviors-esque group by S3's end. I'll always be curious as to how that'd have worked, since the group has become the opposite
Old 02-07-2019, 03:42 PM #249

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

a MESS (comic book spoilers)

Spoiler:
Old 02-07-2019, 11:06 PM #250

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

issue 193:

Spoiler:

The issue is set years in the future. Carl's grown up, is with Sophia, has a child, and is put on trial for killing a walker supposedly part of Hershel's (Maggie's son's) show

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2018, airing, airs, april, dead, fear, season, summer, walking