Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 29-05-2015, 12:45 AM #101

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
You cannot base reaction to an event on action taken on previous events particularly at a superficial level. I will never understand why forums will champion the aggressor, trying to make excuses for them at every turn.

Aaron's behaviour was unacceptable on any level. While it may not look it, the BB studio is a work place environment and is subject to the same rules and regulations. There is no way on this earth that Aaron's predatory behaviour would be acceptable in ANY environment, the excuses being made are reminiscent of the victim was asking for it scenario. Its unequivocally wrong, and it was absolutely correct that Aaron was removed.
Read my earlier post.I totally agree.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 12:45 AM #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
Women tend to get free passes. Especially if they are particularly useful for a storyline.
They get free passes because they are the physically weaker sex and not at all threatening.
Beetlejuice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 12:48 AM #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Aaron's behaviour was unacceptable on any level. While it may not look it, the BB studio is a work place environment and is subject to the same rules and regulations.
Most of these rules and regulations should be thrown out imo.

Quote:
There is no way on this earth that Aaron's predatory behaviour would be acceptable in ANY environment, the excuses being made are reminiscent of the victim was asking for it scenario. Its unequivocally wrong, and it was absolutely correct that Aaron was removed.
I wish people would stop using the word "victim" like someone has been raped or assaulted.

Things went a bit far and all that was needed was BB to call Aaron in and give him a warning. That was it. It looks to me like this whole incident has been used to drum up interest in the media in preparation for tonight's evictions.

Last edited by Beetlejuice; 29-05-2015 at 12:48 AM.
Old 29-05-2015, 12:49 AM #104
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

^^^and back on my ignore list you go. Your opinions are frankly warped.
Old 29-05-2015, 12:50 AM #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
They get free passes because they are the physically weaker sex and not at all threatening.
I hope that was a joke
Hofman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 12:50 AM #106
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Tbf if it was a woman, it would probably be turned on her due to the male favouritism of the public.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 12:51 AM #107
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 12:51 AM #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Tbf if it was a woman, it would probably be turned on her due to the male favouritism of the public.
VERY good point, and agree
Hofman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 12:52 AM #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
^^^and back on my ignore list you go. Your opinions are frankly warped.
You might want to pop me on it too because I agree with everything he says.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 12:57 AM #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Seems like an obvious statement of fact to me. Men will always be more threatening to women than women are to men or men are to each other.
Old 29-05-2015, 12:59 AM #111
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Read my earlier post.I totally agree.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 01:00 AM #112

Quote:
Seems like an obvious statement of fact to me. Men will always be more threatening to women than women are to men or men are to each other.
There are exceptions of course. Remember alexandra from BB9. Ejected for essentially threatening to kill everyone.
Old 29-05-2015, 01:12 AM #113

I think Aaron and all the housemates who were laughing and egging on completely read the situation wrong and saw it all as just a continuation of the usual joking and messing between Aaron and Joel that has being going on the last 3 weeks.

I know some people are saying that he was harassing Joel by the flirting that was going on over the weeks, but I always just saw it as them messing about and never saw any sign that Joel was ever offended. He would sometimes use a stern voice with Aaron but even that often seemed to be part of the joke between them, because Aaron would pretend like Joel was being dominant in an attractive way and Joel would usually smile or joke like he was only being mock 'stern' with Aaron. I never noticed he was uncomfortable, I actually thought they seemed very comfortable around each other, either by joking about in the garden or sitting in the tub together having chats. Even tonight in the tub Aaron said that the things he says were only "banter" and Joel said "I know".

The situation in the bedroom definitely went too far though. I think all the alcohol and egging on is not an excuse but that it worsened the situation and what was usually just fairly harmless joking between the pair escalated into something that was crossing a line where it suddenly became uncomfortable for Joel.

I don't think that Aaron has being harassing Joel for weeks, I think for the most part Joel liked Aaron as a friend and saw it as just a jokey thing between the two of them.

Getting naked and making contact though, and having half the house laughing at this situation clearly really made Joel very uncomfortable and I don't think he knew how to react. I think the reason he didn't get very angry and shout in a serious tone at Aaron is because he knew it was Aaron just messing around and everyone else was taking it as a joke so he didn't want to look like he was overreacting or making a big deal. But it obviously was upsetting him and I think he was just afraid to shout about it and just kept his usual fairly calm stern tone that he often did when they were just joking but it wasn't taken seriously by Aaron or the housemates because they thought it was just the usual game between them going on.

I felt really sorry for Joel in the diaryroom when it finally became apparent to me how uncomfortable and angry he was. Had I not seen Joel's diary room conversation I would never have realised from the bedroom segment that he was actually really angry (because of him laughing and smiling and I couldn't tell that the tone of his voice was really angry) , I would have just thought that Aaron was going much too far,and that Joel was finding Aaron very annoying but that they would probably have been friendly again in the morning if they talked it out.

I must say I felt bad and annoyed by myself for not recognising that Joel was so upset after watching the bedroom segment. I was annoyed at myself for misreading what I had just seen and for thinking that Joel just seemed merely annoyed. (I did think Aaron was going too far though). I would also feel bad about my own judgement if it turns out Joel has actually always been uncomfortable for weeks for what I saw as a jokey friendship between the pair - although I haven't seen any evidence that this is the case as Joel even after Aaron's removal described him as a great person and great housemate etc. I do think they were friends so hopefully I'm not wrong about that too.

Aaron completely went too far by continuing to get into the bed, doing the thrusting thing behind Joel and chasing him about complete naked. It went beyond a harmless joke then because he was actually getting into physical contact with his naked body and kept it going instead of stopping when Joel just wanted to go to bed.

I think it started as a jokey situation that went WAAAAAAAAAAY over the line, and I think Joel had a right to feel angry and to feel Aaron had gone too far.

I do however think that drunken Aaron saw it all as just messing about, and that he never intended to seriously upset Joel. I think he will be absolutely mortified when he realises how Joel was really feeling, and I do believe he was very genuinely sorry in the diary room.

I can absolutely see why BB removed him though. I think this poster basically summed it up perfectly, all of the post but particularly the bolded section:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorkimaru View Post
Fact of the matter is if Christian did that to Jade or Ciaran did that to Chloe the entire viewership would be up in arms. Gender and orientation doesn't change the rules for sexual harassment. Regardless of it being without malicious intent these situations have to be judged by how the person being harassed felt not by the intentions of the harasser.
Pink Pegasus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 01:14 AM #114

Quote:
There are exceptions of course. Remember alexandra from BB9. Ejected for essentially threatening to kill everyone.
Yeah, but she was talking about men she knew shooting people.
Old 29-05-2015, 01:19 AM #115

Joel pushed the point with BB and forced their hand. if he had said it was no big deal they might haven't have ejected him.

similar to an old real world when tammy was exposed by dave when he pulled her blanket off while she was nude. she was laughing screaming 'no' but he kept going. I think he got kicked out.
wendywillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 01:24 AM #116

Quote:
Yeah, but she was talking about men she knew shooting people.
I would have found that more intimidating than anything men in that series might have done.

And she was quite rightly ejected for it.

The worst kind are aggressive threatening women who immediately rely on the "don't hit me i'm a girl" stuff when someone retaliates.

BB has to have uniform rules. They can't make allowances because someone is a woman.
Old 29-05-2015, 04:35 AM #117
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Pegasus View Post
I think Aaron and all the housemates who were laughing and egging on completely read the situation wrong and saw it all as just a continuation of the usual joking and messing between Aaron and Joel that has being going on the last 3 weeks.

I know some people are saying that he was harassing Joel by the flirting that was going on over the weeks, but I always just saw it as them messing about and never saw any sign that Joel was ever offended. He would sometimes use a stern voice with Aaron but even that often seemed to be part of the joke between them, because Aaron would pretend like Joel was being dominant in an attractive way and Joel would usually smile or joke like he was only being mock 'stern' with Aaron. I never noticed he was uncomfortable, I actually thought they seemed very comfortable around each other, either by joking about in the garden or sitting in the tub together having chats. Even tonight in the tub Aaron said that the things he says were only "banter" and Joel said "I know".

The situation in the bedroom definitely went too far though. I think all the alcohol and egging on is not an excuse but that it worsened the situation and what was usually just fairly harmless joking between the pair escalated into something that was crossing a line where it suddenly became uncomfortable for Joel.

I don't think that Aaron has being harassing Joel for weeks, I think for the most part Joel liked Aaron as a friend and saw it as just a jokey thing between the two of them.

Getting naked and making contact though, and having half the house laughing at this situation clearly really made Joel very uncomfortable and I don't think he knew how to react. I think the reason he didn't get very angry and shout in a serious tone at Aaron is because he knew it was Aaron just messing around and everyone else was taking it as a joke so he didn't want to look like he was overreacting or making a big deal. But it obviously was upsetting him and I think he was just afraid to shout about it and just kept his usual fairly calm stern tone that he often did when they were just joking but it wasn't taken seriously by Aaron or the housemates because they thought it was just the usual game between them going on.

I felt really sorry for Joel in the diaryroom when it finally became apparent to me how uncomfortable and angry he was. Had I not seen Joel's diary room conversation I would never have realised from the bedroom segment that he was actually really angry (because of him laughing and smiling and I couldn't tell that the tone of his voice was really angry) , I would have just thought that Aaron was going much too far,and that Joel was finding Aaron very annoying but that they would probably have been friendly again in the morning if they talked it out.

I must say I felt bad and annoyed by myself for not recognising that Joel was so upset after watching the bedroom segment. I was annoyed at myself for misreading what I had just seen and for thinking that Joel just seemed merely annoyed. (I did think Aaron was going too far though). I would also feel bad about my own judgement if it turns out Joel has actually always been uncomfortable for weeks for what I saw as a jokey friendship between the pair - although I haven't seen any evidence that this is the case as Joel even after Aaron's removal described him as a great person and great housemate etc. I do think they were friends so hopefully I'm not wrong about that too.

Aaron completely went too far by continuing to get into the bed, doing the thrusting thing behind Joel and chasing him about complete naked. It went beyond a harmless joke then because he was actually getting into physical contact with his naked body and kept it going instead of stopping when Joel just wanted to go to bed.

I think it started as a jokey situation that went WAAAAAAAAAAY over the line, and I think Joel had a right to feel angry and to feel Aaron had gone too far.

I do however think that drunken Aaron saw it all as just messing about, and that he never intended to seriously upset Joel. I think he will be absolutely mortified when he realises how Joel was really feeling, and I do believe he was very genuinely sorry in the diary room.

I can absolutely see why BB removed him though. I think this poster basically summed it up perfectly, all of the post but particularly the bolded section:
..great post again Peggy...I agree with the bit in bold in that all of the misjudged situation/laughing etc from the other housemates..(and maybe they had all had too much alcohol to realise the situation..)...wouldn't really have helped in Aaron just seeing it as a messing around thing...although actually it seemed to me that he himself was so drunk that he may not have even registered their laughing etc...and I think Aaron is going to feel so bad now about it all and realising how much 'beyond..' his actions were, which he probably didn't mean at the time...but yeah, intentions don't change his actions which were completely invading and unacceptable so a good decision by BB and really the only right decision..if it had been any other decision of allowing him to stay with a warning etc..?..the not only would they have been unfair to Joel, but also be saying..we think sexual harassment is ok in this situation but not in that one so we're deciding that, when it's never ok regardless of any other factor...I do feel some sympathy with Aaron as well but he did it and it was also right that he took the ownership of that...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 04:37 AM #118
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

it was sexual harassment.
Old 29-05-2015, 06:15 AM #119

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
That american twin said she felt completely violated by Denise pulling her pants down but denise wasn't ejected.
That doesn't justify what hpened between Aaron and Joel, or any other situation. Maybe BB made a wrong call that time.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 06:23 AM #120
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
That doesn't justify what hpened between Aaron and Joel, or any other situation. Maybe BB made a wrong call that time.
..this is a good point as well jaxie..she also said how uncomfortable and invading that made her feel...BB are capable of making 'wrong' calls also but that would also not really call 'hypocrisy' so much as a looking back maybe and a learning curve..two 'wrongs' would just be doubling their wrongs, rather than being hypocritical...a right would always be an admission and not continuing of a wrong for consistency...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 06:37 AM #121
MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well If I was in the BB house I would be more scared of getting into a violent clash with Sarah, Twins, and Harriet than I would any of the guys in this series.

But I agree with you that Aaron's ejection is a desperate attempt from production to pull in ratings.

I'm a sick bitch.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 06:58 AM #122
Right Flower

Right Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily. View Post
He deserved to be chucked out for that.

Let's get it into perspective. If Danny did that to Sarah, everyone would want him ejected.

The fact that Aaron is gay and Joel is straight has no bearing on this issue.

It is sexual harassment no matter which way you look at it.
pretty much this

there has to be equality here
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 07:02 AM #123
MVGGA

Favourites (more):

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

If Danny did the exact same thing as Aaron then I would defend him.

I'm not a hypocrite like that, I stand by my views no matter who it is.

I can't speak for other people though.

I'm a sick bitch.
Old 29-05-2015, 07:02 AM #124
MVGGA

Favourites (more):

MVGGA

Favourites (more):

If Danny did the exact same thing as Aaron then I would defend him.

I'm not a hypocrite like that, I stand by my views no matter who it is.

I can't speak for other people though.

I'm a sick bitch.
Old 29-05-2015, 07:15 AM #125

I dont think a man would do that to a woman't be funny to anyone - I do not know why but the whole house was giggling including the lads and the girls, it was clearly a joke that went to far, BB let it go on too long, they could have call Aaron to the diary room sooner and stopped him - they let him unknowingly continue to do whatever it is he did wrong - why didnt they call him to the diary room when they thought it was too much?0 Aaron needed a warning nothing more. Every body is being hysterical. Its not the outside world. In the outside world if it was mates all staying over and that happened eventually Joel would leave the house or lamp Aaron. Over reaction. Im female if a man thats a mate was doing that to me I wouldnt want him evicted, but I would shout at him to stop and shout at BB to tell him to stop
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aaron, kicked