Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 11-02-2002, 09:16 AM #1

Default Davina on Capital Radio

Davina was on Capital Radio last night and confirmed that the new house would be split into two sections. One nice, and one not so nice. However, it sounds like the contestants will all be together in whichever section.

Their success or failure on the tasks will dictate where they are living. I can only assume they won't be gambling their food budget. This could be good, because they didn't seem that bothered in the end if they passed or failed a task. If they failed, the producers always had to think up some excuse to make sure they had alcohol.

Davina also said the producers were a bit worried because the building work was going very slowly, but it should be ready on time. Perhaps task one will be to plumb in the shower?
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 09:18 PM #2
Administrator

Administrator

Interesting!!!

Having a quick look back at the floor plan from the NOTW, it is feasible given the two kitchen areas.

However, it would mean all the housemates sleeping in the same bedroom. The good side having a wet room and an indoor WC, but the not so good side having no washing facilities and an outside loo!!!

Either the floor plan is wrong (well it was in the NOTW), or the housemates will be trying double hard to pass the tasks!!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 02:49 PM #3

Perhaps they get access to the whole house if they pass, and so have 2 bedrooms, but have to double up if they fail. If the one bedroom only has 5 beds it would create some added friction over who got a nice sleep. Or encourage people to double up and take advantage of the "love loft".

Imagine if instead of worrying what people would think of them spending the night in the den, Helen and Paul were actually doing them a favour by freeing up beds?
Old 12-02-2002, 05:02 PM #4

Remember, as I posted on an earlier thread, Davina is standing in for Chris Tarrant on the Capital Radio Breakfast Show from Monday of next week. Maybe she'll fill us in with even more info then.

LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2002, 09:40 AM #5

Davina was on with Chris Tarrant this morning practicing for next week. She confirmed again that she is definitely doing BB3, and she that now it's at Elstree it will be easier for CT to pop in. He is famously not a BB fan, so made funny noises and asked "why on earth do people watch it? It's just people doing mundane things". To which Davina said that's why we love it. He said, "but nothing happens" and she said "I could argue that one for ages - we had a budding romance!" She also said she had a friend who refused to go to bed until all of them had - just in case.

I've just remembered something funny from when Davina did the show last Sunday. She said her favourite thing about London was the food, and that her favourite restaurant was a fish one and her FAVOURITE, FAVOURITE dish there was fish pie. It made me wonder what she thought of Paul's creation.

Who here can listen to Capital Radio next week? I will be in the London area the whole time, but can't tune in the whole time, so may miss out on some juicy gossip. I'm wondering if there will be an email for her, so we can write in and ask her to provide us with insider information about our lovely friends. She's probably not allowed to talk too much about BB, but if she gets enough emails she'll have to!

Davina also said her husband would be looking after Holly next week - when she spoke about him she went all gooey, so if Brian is still after him, he'll have a massive fight.
Old 15-02-2002, 12:32 PM #6

Hi Feefs,

I heard the start of CT's show this morning and knew that Davina was going to be on, but I had driven out of the area before she actually did.

I can definately listen to some of her show every day next week. Monday and Friday, I am working really locally so will hear it up until about 9:15am. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I'm working down in Midhurst, and will definately have it on in the car until I can't get the signal anymore. .

I'm really looking forward to hearing her. I enjoy CT's breakfast show, but it will be lovely to have our Davina doing it for a week.

I'll let you all know if anything interesting is said.

Old 15-02-2002, 06:22 PM #7

erm well yeh i listen to capital all the time and i could listen to davina but its on at like six in the morning and ITS HALF TERM!!!!!!!!! YEY!!!!!!!!
sweetlittlesara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2002, 10:49 PM #8

I think you can listen live on the Internet. Go to http://www.capitalfm.com and click on 'listen live'.

Also, here's a clip of Davina on the radio last week:

http://212.187.231.136:80/streams/au...llTakeover.asf
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-02-2002, 10:55 AM #9
Administrator

Administrator

Thanks so much for providing that link to Davina's Capital Takeover, James. I really enjoyed listening to it.

Unfortunately I don't think Capital Radio reaches the wilds of Scotland, so I won't be able to listen to Davina next week, but she sounds as if she's going to be really great. Hopefully Feefs and LEE will be able to catch the programmes.

Helen's influence is spreading - I noticed Davina referring to one of the records she played as 'lush'!!!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-02-2002, 07:07 PM #10

I didn't actually hear much of the show this moring as, I must admit, I forgot about it while I was wandering around the house getting ready and didn't remember until my Car Radio came on. I was working quite close to home today so only had about a 20 minute drive in which to listen.

Davina seemed to be enjoying herself and came over really well. She didn't mention Big Brother in those 20 minutes, but as I was listening to the Flying Eye traffic report I suddenly realised that instead of the usual montage of traffic noise and non-descript music that went on in the background, I was listening to the BB theme.

I've got a journey of about 1hour 30 minutes tomorrow, so I'll be a much better source of information then.

Old 18-02-2002, 10:45 PM #11

OH MY GOD!!!!!! I forgot all about this. We could so be missing some good stuff from Davina. I have to listen tomorrow!!
chilledbootz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-02-2002, 10:56 PM #12

Thanks very much for the links James. I listened with great interest to last weeks Davina Capital Takeover programme and enjoyed it alot, especially the part about her favourite places in London. Also nice to hear from the horses mouth as it were, about the actual set up of the new BB3 house. Poor housemates they certainly have a lot at stake if they don't pass their tasks this year don't they? Rather them than me haha!!
Honey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2002, 04:32 PM #13

i listened to quite a lot of davina both today and yesterday but there were no important references to bb, a couple here and there but none i can remember very much
sweetlittlesara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-02-2002, 04:35 PM #14

Good Lord, Davina is perky in the morning.

I've heard her talk a little about BB. Today she mentioned that she talks about some of the new changes in her column in heat, which I have not seen yet. She says they are making some changes, but they are not altering the show too much and it will still be based on 10 people all living together and how they interact. This is good news for me, because I'd rather the people were the stars than to rely on gimicks.

LEE, I think Davina played the BB theme tune over the traffic bit, because it turns out the traffic man is an old school friend of Bazal man. It seems that a couple of years ago when he was still deciding whether or not to buy it, he mentioned it over lunch. Traffic man thought it sounded rubbish.

I've not done it yet, but I'm planning to email Davina to tell her I think she's doing a fanstastic job (better than Tarrant IMHO) and does she have any gossip for us on the contestants. She seems more primed to give us tit-bits of info to whet our appetites for BB3, but if she gets enough requests then she (the producers) might be persuaded to answer them.

If any of you have the time, it might help if you do the same. cc it to your local MP! The link to her page is below.

Davina on Capital
Old 19-02-2002, 06:05 PM #15

Thanks Feefs...I have just sent Davina an e-mail asking her to tell us more BB3 news.
Old 19-02-2002, 08:18 PM #16

I think Davina is just teasing us when she mentions BB3. She said she wasn't going to reveal much because it had to be a surprise for this year's contestants, but to be honest I'd still rather have news or insider gossip from the last show.
Old 27-02-2002, 02:16 PM #17

I've been meaning to update you all on the last couple of days of this for ages, but I've been a bit busy. I'm actually having to do actual work during work hours, so put off writing this up!

Most of Thursday and Friday were pretty dull. Davina was doing an excellent job, but the constant competition plugs were beginning to drive me mad. At about 10 to 10 on the Friday show, however things picked up.

Davina said "Lots of you have been asking for BB updates, and we talked about it a bit earlier [during that 2 minute gap Feefs was away from her radio!], but I have some more news" She briefly mentioned Amma dancing with Ali G at the Brits, but no more than was in the papers, then she had a surprise!

None other than Penny was on the phone! They had a bit of a chat about Penny losing her voice because she spends her entire life chatting to people that come up to her. Penny still sounded quite manic, but positive. She mentioned the panto thing, and that she might be doing more in a couple of weeks. I couldn't work out if it was more panto, or just other theatre work with the same people. A rude person was trying to have a conversation with me by then.

She said she'd seen Bubble, and Davina asked what he was up to. Penny explained about him doing the marathon. Davina obviously doesn't visit here, because she knew nothing about it, but told Penny to tell Bubble to get in touch and she'd sponsor him. Penny didn't mention that Josh was doing the marathon too, which I thought was a bit strange, but as it was Penny was unlikely to be significant.

And that was it really. Everyone at Capital raved about how Davina was a natural and that Chris should be worried about his job, and then that was the end!

Sorry to be so slow, and sorry I missed the other bits of news. We probably knew what it was anyway, but it would have been fun to hear Davina talking about it.
Old 27-02-2002, 08:32 PM #18

Thanks feefs!
Old 28-02-2002, 05:07 PM #19
WILDCHILD2K1

WILDCHILD2K1

Cheers Feefs!!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
capital, davina, radio