Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 19-06-2015, 11:11 AM #1

Default Is Jade discriminated against for being Polyamorous?

When the timewarp housemates nominated Jade, the main reason they used was because she seemingly goes from one man to another. Basically they nominated her for being polyamorous.

There was also the woman who came in with Rylan when time was frozen who said that she doesn't believe Jade is polyamorous and is using it as a way to appear unique. Is she saying that polyamory isn't a real thing? The issue I have with all this is just because you can't relate to something and you don't understand it, that doesn't excuse shutting your mind off to it. I'm not polyamorous, I can't imagine I'd ever want to be and I'm pretty ignorant to it as a lifestyle, but I certainly wouldn't judge someone negatively because of my ignorance.
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 11:12 AM #2
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Yes, no one is prepared to accept her
Old 19-06-2015, 11:14 AM #3
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Good luck to her trying to explain that to bri, he cried when she spoke to nick :/
Old 19-06-2015, 11:25 AM #4

I think the big issue is that no-one actually believes that she's polyamorous.

She's in there to play a game and try to win. They all should be playing to win by any means necessary. Imho
SaffyrBleu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 11:27 AM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamBB View Post
When the timewarp housemates nominated Jade, the main reason they used was because she seemingly goes from one man to another. Basically they nominated her for being polyamorous.

There was also the woman who came in with Rylan when time was frozen who said that she doesn't believe Jade is polyamorous and is using it as a way to appear unique. Is she saying that polyamory isn't a real thing? The issue I have with all this is just because you can't relate to something and you don't understand it, that doesn't excuse shutting your mind off to it. I'm not polyamorous, I can't imagine I'd ever want to be and I'm pretty ignorant to it as a lifestyle, but I certainly wouldn't judge someone negatively because of my ignorance.
RE What that woman with rylan said during the first few days of the show I agreed Jade appeared to take pleasure in the fact that most HMs could not even pronounce the word.But weeks ago I changed my mind and felt that Jade was as she said and was also brave in speaking about it probably well aware that it might cause a negative response from the public.

Most blokes will see this in the context of sex with multiple partners and even in todays enlightened society there will be a derogatory implication. I would imagine that plenty of female viewers would also feel negative about a woman being a follower of the life style.

But I think Jade is just as interested in the platonic side of it and she has shown this imo.So no I do not think she told people just to create extra interest in herself.

Last edited by Mick; 19-06-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 11:31 AM #6

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Favourites (more):

There is no such thing as Polyamorous, it's just a fancy way of saying "I like to sleep around".
She tries to dress it up as a spiritual thing when it's just code-word for slut.
Jade is not being discriminated against for this but for being a horrible person.
Tarryn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 11:32 AM #7

Quote:

in my opinion the Polyamorous crap was created to give her the freedom to hop from guy to guy and feed off them...the brian thing is just gross from both sides

jade is fake fake...

you recall her comment two days ago.."you have been nominated just get on with it"...i imagine at that point she felt pretty sure she was safe cause she had wrapped herself around one of the nomination 4.'
did you see how she changed her tune last night when nominated..lol...she wasn't exactly just just getting on with it" lol

fake fake game player fake fake fake
Griffin5779 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 11:36 AM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarryn View Post
There is no such thing as Polyamorous, it's just a fancy way of saying "I like to sleep around".
She tries to dress it up as a spiritual thing when it's just code-word for slut.
Jade is not being discriminated against for this but for being a horrible person.
I suppose this kind of sums up my point lol. Saying that it doesn't exist (how do you know it doesn't exist?), and simplifying the definition of it down to something that misrepresents what it actually is for the sole purpose of being derogatory about someone who is different.

Last edited by Jamie89; 19-06-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 19-06-2015, 11:37 AM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I suppose this kind of sums up my point lol. Saying that it doesn't exist (how do you know it doesn't exist?), and simplifying the definition of it down to something that misrepresents what it actually is for the sole purpose of being derogatory about someone who is different.
But what's the difference
Old 19-06-2015, 11:43 AM #10

Pollyamorous is a life style choice and lots of people have chosen it. People need to learn to live and let live. It wouldn't be for me but I certainly wouldn't slate someone else for it.
smiley55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 11:46 AM #11

Quote:
But what's the difference
The difference between polyamory and sleeping around? There's quite a lot of differences but I suppose the main thing as that polyamory is the ability to have multiple simultaneous relationships where all partners concerned understand the boundaries of the relationships, whereas sleeping around is just going from one to the next with the connotation being that the person has no or little regard for their sexual partners feelings. There are probably a lot of similarities between the two as well but my issue is that polyamory isn't really understood or widely accepted, and people seem to jump too quickly to insult it (and Jade) because of their lack of understanding of it, rather than accept and try to understand peoples differences.
Old 19-06-2015, 11:48 AM #12

Quote:
The difference between polyamory and sleeping around? There's quite a lot of differences but I suppose the main thing as that polyamory is the ability to have multiple simultaneous relationships where all partners concerned understand the boundaries of the relationships, whereas sleeping around is just going from one to the next with the connotation being that the person has no or little regard for their sexual partners feelings. There are probably a lot of similarities between the two as well but my issue is that polyamory isn't really understood or widely accepted, and people seem to jump too quickly to insult it (and Jade) because of their lack of understanding of it, rather than accept and try to understand peoples differences.
Old 19-06-2015, 11:55 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's okay if all adults involved realise these rules but Jade seems to just play any game she wants & lead others on.
Has she really told Brian who is incredibly naive that this is how she is ?.
Sometimes I think she just uses polyamorous as a way to gain attention or to seem more interesting than she actually is.
Old 19-06-2015, 12:01 PM #14

Quote:
That's okay if all adults involved realise these rules but Jade seems to just play any game she wants & lead others on.
Sometimes I think she just uses polyamorous as a way to gain attention or to seem more interesting than she actually is.
And liberity to jump from housemate to housemate and say..It cause i'm polyamorous
Griffin5779 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 12:02 PM #15

Quote:
I think she's been extremely open about her polyamory from day 1, and she can't really be blamed for Brian's naivety.
Old 19-06-2015, 12:06 PM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I think she's been extremely open about her polyamory from day 1, and she can't really be blamed for Brian's naivety.
But she can be blamed for leading people on.
I just think that maybe others would have judged her differently without her always talking about her polyamorous lifestyle, which was non-stop for the opening week.
I also think that there is a certain double-standard against her too, as Nick seems to get away with far more than both Jade & Harry does.
Old 19-06-2015, 12:08 PM #17

Only a matter of time before people are "discriminated" against for being paedophiles.

What exactly is wrong with discrimination and prejudice?

And the problem people have with Jade anyway is that she told a blatant lie about Cristian. People are so concerned with "discrimination" and "sexism" they are prepared to turn a blind eye to bare faced lying.

Last edited by Beetlejuice; 19-06-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Beetlejuice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2015, 12:08 PM #18

Quote:
Brian knows but whats him being naive got to do with it? Surely he's old enough to decide for himself!
Old 19-06-2015, 12:12 PM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley55 View Post
Brian knows but whats him being naive got to do with it? Surely he's old enough to decide for himself!
You would think so but I really don't think he does...........
Old 19-06-2015, 12:16 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
Only a matter of time before people are "discriminated" against for being paedophiles.

Whoa! Err, you aren't seriously comparing polyamory to paedophilia?!

There's quite a lot wrong with discrimination and prejudice (can't believe that even needs to be said). Basic humanity for example? I'm kind of hoping your post was just a bad joke to be honest
Old 19-06-2015, 12:16 PM #21

Quote:
But she can be blamed for leading people on.
I just think that maybe others would have judged her differently without her always talking about her polyamorous lifestyle, which was non-stop for the opening week.
I also think that there is a certain double-standard against her too, as Nick seems to get away with far more than both Jade & Harry does.
Correct me if I'm wrong here but the other hms have used the word pollyamorous more than jade. She talked about it the first two weeks if even that, but because the others are ignorant of what it means they sneer about it and call her a slut. I haven't heard jade put any of them down for how they live their lives.
Old 19-06-2015, 12:21 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post

And the problem people have with Jade anyway is that she told a blatant lie about Cristian. People are so concerned with "discrimination" and "sexism" they are prepared to turn a blind eye to bare faced lying.
Should people not be concerned about discrimination and sexism? Do you think they are good things that people should be happy about?
Old 19-06-2015, 12:24 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley55 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong here but the other hms have used the word pollyamorous more than jade. She talked about it the first two weeks if even that, but because the others are ignorant of what it means they sneer about it and call her a slut. I haven't heard jade put any of them down for how they live their lives.
But others are not using words to excuse their behaviour. Jade has used it as an excuse.
You clearly believe in such a thing as polyamorous, I don't.
Old 19-06-2015, 12:29 PM #24

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
CBB18: Stephen Bear

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
CBB18: Stephen Bear

Quote:
Polyamorousphobe.
Old 19-06-2015, 12:29 PM #25
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

It annoyed me when she said Jade was being polyamorous just to be different. Who is she to say that?

I'm not bothered by most of the 'psychologists' they get on BOTS, but The Speakmans talk utter ****e. They've been on BOTS a few times now, and every time I've watched they've basically just gave their opinions with no psychoanalysis whatsoever.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
discrimination, jade, polyamorous