Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 25-06-2015, 01:25 PM #1

Default Definition of physcho

No inner policeman

Imagine if you never felt guilt, or embarrassment, or remorse for anything you did, ever! And there is no emotional attachment to other people and their emotions have no effect on you. In other words, you have no "conscience", no inner policeman telling you what you should and should not do. And never any regrets either.

What could you do? More importantly, what could you not do? The range of possibilities is endless. You would just go for what you want, regardless of anybody else. You would take what you want, treat people the way you want, manipulate them or abuse them simply for the sake of dominating them.

'Socializing' emotions are those that allow society to function well, with benefits for all concerned. For example, empathy, love, guilt, shame, remorse. Having these emotions means that we treat others well, we treat them fairly and we look out for and help others. If you lacked these socializing emotions, of course your behavior would be antisocial!

It seems with Helen - saying that to Brian - is a bit of pot kettle? Isn't it.

Great documentarys about pyschopaths online. They do not resemble Brian at all.

Sorry if I did not spell Psycho right very very tired today.

Last edited by sungrass; 25-06-2015 at 01:26 PM.
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 01:26 PM #2
The Glennanator

Favourites (more):
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi
The Glennanator

Favourites (more):
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

Psycho*
GLENN BILL BB7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 01:34 PM #3

Hoist by your own petard.
ItWasJustBanter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 01:35 PM #4
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

It is inappropriate and people are still saying Marc didn't deserve the reprimand, of course he ****ing did.

Vocabulary which can be offensive to the housemates or the viewers gets a warning, it's simple af.
Old 25-06-2015, 01:43 PM #5

Unhappy

I honestly feel Brian is a bit unstable. He would always go from 0-60 in every little tif he had with Helen. Helen always kept it together when dealing with Brian while Brian acted like the fool. I feel that Helen isn't the best at picking her words a bit like Jade when she accused of being racist with Shilpa
RockBottom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 01:55 PM #6

I honestly think its a bit far putting pictures of those two up mate - please take them down.
Old 25-06-2015, 01:57 PM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
I honestly feel Brian is a bit unstable. He would always go from 0-60 in every little tif he had with Helen. Helen always kept it together when dealing with Brian while Brian acted like the fool. I feel that Helen isn't the best at picking her words a bit like Jade when she accused of being racist with Shilpa
Yeah its the effect of adrelanine - fight or flight.

in the end he chose flight - he left, he bolted - so he's alright. I think being subjected to Helen would be enough to get anyone angry - Danny said he would have went for her badly if she had said that to him - Danny did recently loose his temper with her.

Im not scared of Brian at all but I certainly would be of Helen.

Helen will attack you for no reason.
Old 25-06-2015, 02:00 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasJustBanter View Post
Hoist by your own petard.
I dont think so - I just thought it was ironic that Helen was calling Brian a physcho (sorry if I ve spelt it wrong again - man I need some red bull not awake today)

When she is one.

She is not a murderer - I think those pictures are way over the top - they should not be used in some little debate on a forum.

Helen was projecting the physco/you have issues thing onto Brian because she has them herself. Unless you meant Helen was hoist by her own petard.

She was acting like a pyscho whilst accusing someone else of being one.

Last edited by sungrass; 25-06-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 25-06-2015, 02:05 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
It is inappropriate and people are still saying Marc didn't deserve the reprimand, of course he ****ing did.

Vocabulary which can be offensive to the housemates or the viewers gets a warning, it's simple af.

Some Synonyns for Psycho

crazy. loony, nuts, certifiable, crazed, mad, mental, screwy, unbalanced

Most of which i've Heard on BB many times..

Psycho is often used as a general term to indicate a person is acting nutty..

"Man my girlfriend is psycho today..."

NO...Marc did not deserve a warning
Griffin5779 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 02:15 PM #10

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Definition of Psycho = Harry when Nick looks in the general direction of Nicki.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 02:40 PM #11

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Definition of Psycho = Harry when Nick looks in the general direction of Nicki.
Bunnies boiled!

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 02:47 PM #12
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin5779 View Post
Some Synonyns for Psycho

crazy. loony, nuts, certifiable, crazed, mad, mental, screwy, unbalanced

Most of which i've Heard on BB many times..

Psycho is often used as a general term to indicate a person is acting nutty..

"Man my girlfriend is psycho today..."

NO...Marc did not deserve a warning
Marc used the word with intent to cause offense.

You and I both know that Marc didn't use the phrase to make a point like; "Man my girlfriend is psycho today..." (still offensive to thousands)

He used the term of phrase to insult a man and to point out to other people that he was psychotic. Obviously a rule break, obviously warrants a reprimand.
Old 25-06-2015, 03:18 PM #13

Quote:
Marc used the word with intent to cause offense.

You and I both know that Marc didn't use the phrase to make a point like; "Man my girlfriend is psycho today..." (still offensive to thousands)

He used the term of phrase to insult a man and to point out to other people that he was psychotic. Obviously a rule break, obviously warrants a reprimand.
he used it as an insult yes..but people in bb insult others allllllllllllllll the time and you and everyone else are make way to much of it..it not difference then if he said "man you are crazy"

If you have a problem with housemates insulting each out what about brian calling helen "pond scum".. your double standards are pathitic
Old 25-06-2015, 03:33 PM #14
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
he used it as an insult yes..but people in bb insult others allllllllllllllll the time and you and everyone else are make way to much of it..it not difference then if he said "man you are crazy"

If you have a problem with housemates insulting each out what about brian calling helen "pond scum".. your double standards are pathitic
It is completely different to "man you are crazy", it is completely different to "pond scum", it is worse than wanker, ****, bitch or twat too. Because Marc was neither joking around or insulting a guy out of angst. Because Marc implied that Brian was psychotic, Marc was warned for a choice of words that could be deemed offensive to thousands. 'Pondscum' or 'lool ur crazy lol' wouldn't have deemed a reprimand.. Nothing to do with double standards, obviously. I think you're among the last to realise this and I hope this post helps.

Marc used a word with intent to insult, the word he chose could have been deemed offensive by thousands, hence the reprimand.

Last edited by Withano; 25-06-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 03:35 PM #15

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
It is completely different to "man you are crazy", it is completely different to "pond scum", it is worse than wanker, ****, bitch or twat too. Because Marc was neither joking around or insulting a guy out of angst. Because Marc implied that Brian was psychotic, Marc was warned for a choice of words that could be deemed offensive to thousands. 'Pondscum' or 'lool ur crazy lol' wouldn't have deemed a reprimand.. Nothing to do with double standards, obviously. I think you're among the last to realise this and I hope this post helps.
It's not different at all,it just suits peoples agendas,name calling is name calling,all is said to hurt and in anger,if you are mad at Helen,if you are fair person you should be mad at him too.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 03:39 PM #16
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
It's not different at all,it just suits peoples agendas,name calling is name calling,all is said to hurt and in anger,if you are mad at Helen,if you are fair person you should be mad at him too.
Name calling is more of a scale than a yes or no. I'm sure you agree because everybody else to ever live ever does.

I can see how people would deem Brians anger as inappropriate and I'm sure that he would have been reminded like Marc and Helen of the rules of the house. I personally think that Brian reacted in a very reasonable way but I completely see how that is up for debate..

Marc was reprimanded because his choice of words could have caused offence, Helen too and more obviously so. Brians behaviour was arguably too aggressive, but only arguably, whereas Marc and Helens wrongdoings are written in black and white for everybody to see.
Old 25-06-2015, 03:56 PM #17

Quote:

Marc used a word with intent to insult, the word he chose could have been deemed offensive by thousands, hence the reprimand.
Marc used a word with intent to insult, the word he chose could have been deemed offensive by thousands, hence the reprimand.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't help in the least..you are assuming the worse in what he meant..instead of general often you reality benign meaning of the word you want to twist it into "he was making a deep meaningful attack try to convince he housemates he was psychotic" why didn't he just say 'you are psychotic' if that was his intent.

He was warned cause C5 knew Psychos like you would complain. by the way..since you can't tell..i don't think you are a psychopath...i use psycho in the general sense of the word meaning i think you are a loon and a bit screwy
Old 25-06-2015, 04:03 PM #18
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Marc used a word with intent to insult, the word he chose could have been deemed offensive by thousands, hence the reprimand

Doesn't help in the least..you are assuming the worse in what he meant..instead of general often you reality benign meaning of the word you want to twist it into "he was making a deep meaningful attack try to convince he housemates he was psychotic" why didn't he just say 'you are psychotic' if that was his intent.

He was warned cause C5 knew Psychos like you would complain. by the way..since you can't tell..i don't think you are a psychopath...i use psycho in the general sense of the word meaning i think you are a loon and a bit screwy
I get the feeling you are looking for an argument, I'm just giving you the answer. The way he used the word was offensive. He wouldn't have been reprimanded if he used it in the context you explained. He was reprimanded because of the way he said the word and the offence that he intended to cause because of it.

You can tell me all about your opinion and how its different to mine but I don't really care. Marc was rightly reprimanded in last nights episode because of the points I brought up in the thread, I don't care that you disagree with it.

Last edited by Withano; 25-06-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 04:16 PM #19
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

adjective
Psycho is defined as someone or something that is crazy or insane.
Stalking your ex-lover and killing his family pet is an example of behavior that would be described as psycho.

noun
The definition of a psycho is slang for a crazy or insane person.
An obsessed stalker who threatens to kill his ex-lover is an example of someone who is psycho.

prefix
Psycho is defined as mind or mental.
An example of psycho used as a prefix is in the word "psychology," which means the study of the mind.

YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2015 by LoveToKnow Corp

A psycho is a mental case ....sums Belo up just right
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 04:50 PM #20

Quote:
I get the feeling you are looking for an argument, I'm just giving you the answer. The way he used the word was offensive. He wouldn't have been reprimanded if he used it in the context you explained. He was reprimanded because of the way he said the word and the offence that he intended to cause because of it.

You can tell me all about your opinion and how its different to mine but I don't really care. Marc was rightly reprimanded in last nights episode because of the points I brought up in the thread, I don't care that you disagree with it.

and i don't care if you continue to insit on being irrational. i will defend my point of view..with as many facts and much logic as i can..unlike you who make assumption that you decide must be true.

The plain simple fact is Marc was warned cause Brian complained and jumped the fence and C5 wanted to cover its ass..

Brian has said things just as bad,,brian has been far more aggressive..but marc and helen don't run crying to BB

What if helen had gone to diary room when brian crossed the room to closed in on her and several people where concerned enough to step infront of him..What if she had told bb.."Oh my god he so aggressive he came across the room i was freighted he was going to attack me"

Brian would have been warned..or ejected..It is brian being pathetic to bb that forced them to give the warning..not some ultimate truth that marc intent was to call brian a psychopath as you insist on claiming
Old 25-06-2015, 04:54 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
adjective
Psycho is defined as someone or something that is crazy or insane.
Stalking your ex-lover and killing his family pet is an example of behavior that would be described as psycho.

noun
The definition of a psycho is slang for a crazy or insane person.
An obsessed stalker who threatens to kill his ex-lover is an example of someone who is psycho.

prefix
Psycho is defined as mind or mental.
An example of psycho used as a prefix is in the word "psychology," which means the study of the mind.

YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2015 by LoveToKnow Corp

A psycho is a mental case ....sums Belo up just right
he certainly acted like a mental case this week....
Old 25-06-2015, 04:56 PM #22
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
he certainly acted like a mental case this week....
Dirty, woman abusing bed wetter
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 05:10 PM #23

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungrass View Post
No inner policeman

Imagine if you never felt guilt, or embarrassment, or remorse for anything you did, ever! And there is no emotional attachment to other people and their emotions have no effect on you. In other words, you have no "conscience", no inner policeman telling you what you should and should not do. And never any regrets either.

What could you do? More importantly, what could you not do? The range of possibilities is endless. You would just go for what you want, regardless of anybody else. You would take what you want, treat people the way you want, manipulate them or abuse them simply for the sake of dominating them.

'Socializing' emotions are those that allow society to function well, with benefits for all concerned. For example, empathy, love, guilt, shame, remorse. Having these emotions means that we treat others well, we treat them fairly and we look out for and help others. If you lacked these socializing emotions, of course your behavior would be antisocial!

It seems with Helen - saying that to Brian - is a bit of pot kettle? Isn't it.

Great documentarys about pyschopaths online. They do not resemble Brian at all.

Sorry if I did not spell Psycho right very very tired today.

That's the best description of Helen that I have ever seen. Absolutely spot - on.

Last edited by jet; 25-06-2015 at 05:10 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 05:17 PM #24
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
and i don't care if you continue to insit on being irrational. i will defend my point of view..with as many facts and much logic as i can..unlike you who make assumption that you decide must be true.

The plain simple fact is Marc was warned cause Brian complained and jumped the fence and C5 wanted to cover its ass..

Brian has said things just as bad,,brian has been far more aggressive..but marc and helen don't run crying to BB

What if helen had gone to diary room when brian crossed the room to closed in on her and several people where concerned enough to step infront of him..What if she had told bb.."Oh my god he so aggressive he came across the room i was freighted he was going to attack me"

Brian would have been warned..or ejected..It is brian being pathetic to bb that forced them to give the warning..not some ultimate truth that marc intent was to call brian a psychopath as you insist on claiming
And Brian may have been reprimanded, we will never know. I haven't claimed that anything I have said to you is my opinion, it is simply Big Brothers logic behind reprimanding Marc. His words would have caused offense to thousands, it doesn't matter if it offended you or not, the show does not revolve around you personally.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
definition, physcho