Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB16 Celebrity Big Brother 2015 (CBB16) aka 'CBB: UK vs USA' started on Channel 5 on August 27th 2015. Discuss the series here.

Old 29-08-2015, 10:38 AM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
Yes it does he was never accused of anything back then had he been convicted/arrested for it then you would have something to complain about but you dont so please stop bring irrell things up to try and make it sound like she done nothing wrong
it's already been shown that everyone in the business knew what was going on and they just turned the other way.

and she didn't do anything wrong. she SAID something wrong. please tell me something that she DID wrong. how did she hurt another human being?

Last edited by lostalex; 29-08-2015 at 10:38 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 10:40 AM #52
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
it's already been shown that everyone in the business knew what was going on and they just turned the other way.

and she didn't do anything wrong. she SAID something wrong. please tell me something that she DID wrong. how did she hurt another human being?
you are just trolling ... its already been explained that inciting racial hatred is a crime in the uk
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 10:41 AM #53
Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Love Island 5: Maura

Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
I'm torn about her ejection, on one side she would have been an amazing housemate, so it could be seen as a big loss and I don't really agree with people being ejected because of things that happened outside of the house, but on the other side, I think it was the right thing to do because C5 can't be seen to be condoning what she said and her views - which I'll acknowledge apparently came at a time where she wasn't her best, mentally - but since she's been better, she hasn't taken back or recanted her words so it's easy to assume she still feels that way, she would have been amazing car crash TV, but I see why they did it and I accept that.
Yeah I'm torn too.

I don't know really, I can see both sides of the argument. But for me one of the faults lies with the producers for not doing their research (it's literally a page on her Wiki) and then not casting her as a result of it. Instead, they've showed yet again how amateur they are at producing the show.
Ross. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 10:44 AM #54
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
you are just trolling ... its already been explained that inciting racial hatred is a crime in the uk
If she actually 'incited racial hatred' then she'd be arrested.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 10:45 AM #55

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross. View Post
Yeah I'm torn too.

I don't know really, I can see both sides of the argument. But for me one of the faults lies with the producers for not doing their research (it's literally a page on her Wiki) and then not casting her as a result of it. Instead, they've showed yet again how amateur they are at producing the show.
Oh yeah definitely, the casting people completely missed the ball on this one, they obviously would have had to do some research on Tila because let's face it, she's hardly a big name to people who aren't interested in that type of TV, so they would have seen all about her history, but I don't think they expected the backlash they received over her, which in itself, is stupid

Entertainment wise, it was a good casting choice, but morally? not so much.
Old 29-08-2015, 10:46 AM #56

The girl claimed she was 'Adolf Hitler Reborn' I don't give two ****s whether she was off her head or out her nut or whatever at the time it's not an excuse for the offensive tripe she was posting all over the internet, she is or was anti-semitic and blaming that on a mental illness is bull. Now if she's been asked about her beliefs and still stood by them then she deserved the boot of course she's going to deny that now she's been removed though hence the apology that she or her management posted, even her most recent posts on social media are questionable imho bringing up 9/11 and joking about her child looking like terrorists, it said in the updates yesterday that housemates where questioning her about her beliefs and the person posting couldn't look away so we may see it all play out tonight.

The producers are in the main responsible for checking out housemates background etc and they have failed here miserably.

Shes had a lot of controversy surrounding her and some automatically seem to think that it makes for a fantastic housemate, but where does it stop?
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 10:48 AM #57

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Yeah tonight it might come out that she stood by her comments when Scoop asked her about them, we don't know... I hope not
Old 29-08-2015, 10:51 AM #58
Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):

Hakuna Matata

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Yeah tonight it might come out that she stood by her comments when Scoop asked her about them, we don't know... I hope not
If that happens then yes I will absolutely agree with her ejection, no question.
Ross. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 10:51 AM #59
Banned

Banned

As I said in the other topic, it was fairly obvious that she was in a bad place at the time and judging from the videos of self harm and such that came out it's obvious that she wasn't in her right mind. What she said was dumb but she's apologised for it now and she removed it shortly after posting it which showed that she was remorseful for what she said. To use it as a stick to beat her with is pointless and malevolent.

BB pulled a dick move (and potentially dangerous to her mental state) by putting her in when they knew they would eject her. That being said, if she stuck to her beliefs when she was in the house then boot the bitch.

Last edited by Tom4784; 29-08-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 10:54 AM #60
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamBB View Post
So if a murderer or a peodophile went into the house and was really funny and entertaining that would be ok? Obviously I'm not saying Tila is as bad as that before anyone starts but I'm using it as an example to show that yes, when it comes to extreme behaviours and attitudes, it is right to judge someone on their actions before going into Big Brother.

Tila's comments were anti-semetic and nazi sympathizing and this HAS to be seen as an extreme. It's truly shocking to me that some people on this forum are making light of the incredibly dangerous and offensive things she's said, as if it's just some silly little thing that slipped out, or comparable with comments other controversial HM's have made in the past.

It's good that she has since retracted her comments, of course it is. And I hope she's happy and brings up her child well. But I still think that someone who has the capacity to say the things she said should never be celebrated in a public way like Big Brother. The fact that she made those comments will never go away, that's just the nature of media, and for young people and the impressionable to see someone who will always be associated with nazi-ism being celebrated and applauded is dangerous.
I 100% agree with you that it is not ok to let murderers/paedophiles etc into the house, ignoring their offensive crimes in the name of entertainment.

I don't however think that Tila broke the law. Nor do i think she is an actual nazi sympathiser. Clearly, she just made an appalling error of judgment in her past attempts to be 'controversial', (just like prince harry's nazi fancy dress costume) and it's something she now regrets. It wasn't illegal what she said or did, AND she regrets it, but how long do we go on punishing someone for errors in these circumstances, years after the event?

BB should have sorted this out LONG before letting her enter.

For the record, i 100% do not condone her comments/actions.
Old 29-08-2015, 10:54 AM #61
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
As I said in the other topic, it was fairly obvious that she was in a bad place at the time and judging from the videos of self harm and such that came out it's obvious that she wasn't in her right mind. What she said was dumb but she's apologised for it now and she removed it shortly after posting it which showed that she was remorseful for what she said. To use it as a stick to beat her with is pointless and malevolent.

BB pulled a dick move (and potentially dangerous to her mental state) by putting her in when they knew they would eject her. That being said, if she stuck to her beliefs when she was in the house then boot the bitch.
They did not know they would eject her

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 10:58 AM #62
Banned

Banned

Quote:
They did not know they would eject her
Bull****.

They knew putting her in would cause controversy and they were banking on it for promotion. They stuck her in knowing full well about her past and her mental issues and they used her for the press attention before booting her out again.

Tila should never have gone in, the production staff the decided to cast her for some controversy should be sacked for their actions.
Old 29-08-2015, 10:59 AM #63
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):

Quote:

very well put
Old 29-08-2015, 10:59 AM #64
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Bull****.

They knew putting her in would cause controversy and they were banking on it for promotion. They stuck her in knowing full well about her past and her mental issues and they used her for the press attention before booting her out again.

Tila should never have gone in, the production staff the decided to cast her for some controversy should be sacked for their actions.
It has been said a conversation about it was brought up in the house why is everyone side stepping that and blaming the producers? They didnt force her views on her

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 29-08-2015, 11:01 AM #65
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

This really could've changed her life for the better, it's so sad that these pathetic producers have ruined her second chance.
Old 29-08-2015, 11:03 AM #66
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It has been said a conversation about it was brought up in the house why is everyone side stepping that and blaming the producers? They didnt force her views on her
They forced her out though!
Old 29-08-2015, 11:04 AM #67
Banned

Banned

Quote:
She shouldn't have been a HM in the first place, the producers knew what they were doing when they included her as a HM. You think they don't research the HMs before letting them into the house? They knew her past and they were banking on a controversy to boost ratings. It's just a more extreme version of what the X Factor does every year, cooking up it's own controversy to fuel ratings.
Old 29-08-2015, 11:04 AM #68

It doesn't matter if her views were through stupidity or mental illness (most mentally ill people still have a natural in built reaction to realizing support for Hitler or any general abusive views

of everyone in a group or race is wrong and would automatically never be able to do it.

Remember Tila is from the South of the USA.There is a lot of Racism there and she also showed she thinks she can turn Austin if she slept with him so that shows bigotry to gay people too.

So whatever the reasons for someone making such comments about Hitler or support for any general abuse against everyone in a group or race which is explained in the dictionary as what Racism is,

anyone showing these ideas or support for them encourages others to think the same and that's why she had to be booted off.

particularly needs standing up to at the moment

because of all the idiots online who are making general abusive comments and death threats too against all members of a group and against everyone in a race as they are making about Immigration,

that is the beginning of the rise in Real Racism and Fascism again.

And it also shows disrespect to those who in their millions died to protect us in the Second World War from the spreading of such views.

Last edited by cfromhx02; 29-08-2015 at 11:07 AM.
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-08-2015, 11:04 AM #69
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Bull****.

I am certain they knew about her past, how wouldn't they know. However, we don't know the circumstances around her acceptance. Perhaps her management assured the producers it was a temporary blip, but events in the house proved otherwise. Who knows. My own opinion is that sponsors threatened to pull the plug on cash, so the bosses then took action. Endemol are responsible for the casting, not the channel bosses, and its unlikely that Viacom looked at every contestant in detail before the show started. There is controversy on the one hand and there is outrage and loss of income on the other. Its no contest when it comes to cash.
Old 29-08-2015, 11:05 AM #70
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
They forced her out though!
If she has been a Hitler sympathising in the house how did they force her out? If she said it the police or who ever deals with it need to be involved as its illegal in this country

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 29-08-2015, 11:08 AM #71
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If she has been a Hitler sympathising in the house how did they force her out? If she said it the police or who ever deals with it need to be involved as its illegal in this country
They forced her out over comments she made in 2013, I'm still staggered by this.
Old 29-08-2015, 11:10 AM #72
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
They forced her out over comments she made in 2013, I'm still staggered by this.
She made similar comments in the house according to some sources what she has done is a criminal offence why cant you see that?

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 29-08-2015, 11:13 AM #73
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She made similar comments in the house according to some sources what she has done is a criminal offence why cant you see that?
But she was removed over stuff in the outside, so it was nothing to do with what she said in the house.
Old 29-08-2015, 11:15 AM #74
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I am certain they knew about her past, how wouldn't they know. However, we don't know the circumstances around her acceptance. Perhaps her management assured the producers it was a temporary blip, but events in the house proved otherwise. Who knows. My own opinion is that sponsors threatened to pull the plug on cash, so the bosses then took action. Endemol are responsible for the casting, not the channel bosses, and its unlikely that Viacom looked at every contestant in detail before the show started. There is controversy on the one hand and there is outrage and loss of income on the other. Its no contest when it comes to cash.
That's naive.

They put Tila in for controversy and to stir up interest in CBB. The producers are not dumb, they would have known exactly how people would react to her past and they were banking on it.
Old 29-08-2015, 11:18 AM #75
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
That's naive.

They put Tila in for controversy and to stir up interest in CBB. The producers are not dumb, they would have known exactly how people would react to her past and they were banking on it.
one thing i am not is naive

Endemol are a production company that Viacom outsource the show production to. Viacom advertisers complain, Tila gets booted. Its pretty simple really.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
comments, ejection, statement, tila