Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:22 AM #51
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...we've seen too often that 'hate' can bring looneys and it can bring actions which can physically harm which no one would deserve..'the media outlet' I think is despicable...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:26 AM #52
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..yeah, I think these really...maybe it is 'fictitious', I don't know TS.../that is a possibility because income etc...

..and obviously DR, Katie Hopkins has been far more advantaged in her education but has still chosen 'negative media' for her income...I do understand people 'judging' because that's the whole point and what is counted on really..I think what worries me is how much we are all provoked in 'hate' so much....is 'hate' the new feel good or something....
Online I think people are total hatred junkies. Just have a look on the forums part of IMDB (a movie and TV show database) and something like 80% of the comments and threads on all movies and TV shows are either picking it apart (this or that isn't realistic / is stupid), expressing dislike for the actors that are in it, or just straight up bashing the whole thing. Not just crappy things either - you get the same on all the most popular / highest rated films and shows. I had to stop going on it because it was actually starting to ruin my viewing experience of a lot of things, with people picking out every tiny flaw .

It seems like a lot of people find some joy in the negatives, both online and in the press. I mean... There's a reason that these people who are fuelling the "hatred industry" are famous, I guess.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:35 AM #53
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Online I think people are total hatred junkies. Just have a look on the forums part of IMDB (a movie and TV show database) and something like 80% of the comments and threads on all movies and TV shows are either picking it apart (this or that isn't realistic / is stupid), expressing dislike for the actors that are in it, or just straight up bashing the whole thing. Not just crappy things either - you get the same on all the most popular / highest rated films and shows. I had to stop going on it because it was actually starting to ruin my viewing experience of a lot of things, with people picking out every tiny flaw .

It seems like a lot of people find some joy in the negatives, both online and in the press. I mean... There's a reason that these people who are fuelling the "hatred industry" are famous, I guess.
..I think on the whole, nothing has really changed from back in the day and the 'gossipy ladies over the garden fence'...or finding out all of the gossip from the local shop etc..did you hear about Mrs Robinson at number 21...it's just obviously technology/internet that has made it all so 'out there' and made it an income thing as well for some...reality TV as well and the choosing of extreme personalities that are chosen for their controversy value and then projecting them as one dimensional 'baddies'...but then no responsibility is taken for some of the 'hate' that they have then got in their lives as a result when some have been pysically attacked...

Last edited by Ammi; 07-10-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:39 AM #54
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..anyways TS..if you post a thread in chat and games about lovely fluffy ducks or any human heart-warming story then I promise that I'll post in it and enjoy it...
Old 07-10-2015, 08:23 AM #55
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..I think on the whole, nothing has really changed from back in the day and the 'gossipy ladies over the garden fence'...or finding out all of the gossip from the local shop etc..did you hear about Mrs Robinson at number 21...it's just obviously technology/internet that has made it all so 'out there' and made it an income thing as well for some...reality TV as well and the choosing of extreme personalities that are chosen for their controversy value and then projecting them as one dimensional 'baddies'...but then no responsibility is taken for some of the 'hate' that they have then got in their lives as a result when some have been pysically attacked...
I disagree Ammi I think social media has taken negativity to a whole new level. Its one thing gossiping about a work colleague or neighbour who you actually know, its a different think entirely to "follow" people on twitter or FB who you don't know at all with the sole purpose of posting hate filled messages/death threats etc towards them, not sure Mrs Robinson ever had to put up with people wishing her dead because her front garden was untidy ( that is not a euphemism btw :
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:30 AM #56
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I disagree Ammi I think social media has taken negativity to a whole new level. Its one thing gossiping about a work colleague or neighbour who you actually know, its a different think entirely to "follow" people on twitter or FB who you don't know at all with the sole purpose of posting hate filled messages/death threats etc towards them, not sure Mrs Robinson ever had to put up with people wishing her dead because her front garden was untidy ( that is not a euphemism btw :
...for me, it's the same 'negativity breeds' though/the principle of how negativity attracts etc...I understand it's a 'whole new level' Cherie because of the internet and the examples you say ..but I think that's only because some use the internet to 'hide'/keyboard warriors etc so the level of their 'hate' or negativity has become more 'daring'...
Old 07-10-2015, 08:33 AM #57
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..obviously when you 'put out' and project 'hate' as is done through the media and some TV programmes, like the 'benefit fraud' ones and people like White Dee..?...I hadn't heard of Josie Cunningham btw...there is no 'control' of that hate and the looneys that it can reach or their actions../that's also the internet age etc...
Old 07-10-2015, 08:38 AM #58

Quote:
..yeah, I think these really...maybe it is 'fictitious', I don't know TS.../that is a possibility because income etc...

..and obviously DR, Katie Hopkins has been far more advantaged in her education but has still chosen 'negative media' for her income...I do understand people 'judging' because that's the whole point and what is counted on really..I think what worries me is how much we are all provoked in 'hate' so much....is 'hate' the new feel good or something....

I think social media openly encourages antisocial behaviour.... What I mean is, we don't witness blood spitting hatred in other social settings but within social media settings we can lob cruel bombs at people because its fun. We are far less likely to receive insults on FB where we use our real names and know our responders in rl, than we are on a site where we can remain anonymous and the people we are hating are insignificant to us.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:45 AM #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Because there are people out there, who want kids more than anything in the world and then there's absolute scumbags like this dick running around, having abortions just because she can, it's a kick in the teeth and it's a shame. It's so wrong. Nothing can be done about it and I can understand why it annoys you that people are complaining about it, but she's the one who released the story to get people talking.

Whether it's true or not, who knows. I'm going to pretend its not, because the thought of people like her actually existing makes me genuinely feel sick.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:23 AM #60

I detest her because she is detestable.

She received a Ł5,000 breast enlargement on the NHS - NOT for any medical reason but a B.S. one that she suffered 'emotional' issues because of small breasts.

At virtually the same time, in the slag's home town of Leeds, a 2 year old child - cerebral palsy sufferer Oliver Dockerty - had been TURNED DOWN for funding for an URGENT operation which could allow him to walk.

The doctors and those responsible for 'Rubber Stamping' this vanity 'tit job' for this ugly bitch should be NAMED, SHAMED and made to pay back the money into the NHS coffers.

The slag also was granted Ł6,000 worth of free cabs paid for by the Rate Payers because; she "felt anxious" using public transport".

She responded to understandable public criticism by posing for a taxi selfie with the caption: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but tax payers will always fund me."

The Council Official responsible for 'Rubber Stamping' this utter waste of public money should be Named and Shamed and made to repay that Ł6K into the public coffers.

I personally feel that she was granted both the 'Boob Job' Ł5K, AND the 'Free Cab' Ł6K by MEN, and that it had more to do with her EASY SEXUAL AVAILABILITY than any genuine needs. But hey ho - that's cynical old me.

There are dozens of more reasons why this low-life PIG deserves the 'internet hatred' which she invites, welcomes, exploits and makes easy money from, but I can't be arsed typing, so heres a link for anyone who doesn't already share my detestation of her.

She is the embodiment of ALL that is wrong with this fecked up society.

We bring our daughters up to be moral, decent and educated, and we make sacrifices to aid the achievement of such 'worthy' goals, then dirty, ugly, mercenary slags such as this, reap fame and fortune - and actual worship - by crowing about her utter worthlessness.

So - for me - I will detest her all I like.

http://http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity...ersial-moments
Old 07-10-2015, 09:31 AM #61
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...for me, it's the same 'negativity breeds' though/the principle of how negativity attracts etc...I understand it's a 'whole new level' Cherie because of the internet and the examples you say ..but I think that's only because some use the internet to 'hide'/keyboard warriors etc so the level of their 'hate' or negativity has become more 'daring'...
I still can't equate it to "gossiping" as gossiping is done behind peoples backs and in the main they are unaware of it so can't be hurt by it unlike the very "in your face" vitriol that social media attracts, I do agree with your point about key board warriors though.

Last edited by Cherie; 07-10-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:31 AM #62

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I think it's just the fact that what she is doing is offensive to alot of poor women who can't have kids and she just kills them like they're nothing for a nose job.Then she puts it out on social media for us to all discuss.She is bound to get hate and she knows it.I don't think those women who can't have children will 'feel good' at all.I think this will be quite upsetting for them.I think abortions for genuine reasons are fine but for a nose job?really?
She is disgusting and an attention *****.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:35 AM #63

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I detest her because she is detestable.

She received a Ł5,000 breast enlargement on the NHS - NOT for any medical reason but a B.S. one that she suffered 'emotional' issues because of small breasts.

At virtually the same time, in the slag's home town of Leeds, a 2 year old child - cerebral palsy sufferer Oliver Dockerty - had been TURNED DOWN for funding for an URGENT operation which could allow him to walk.

The doctors and those responsible for 'Rubber Stamping' this vanity 'tit job' for this ugly bitch should be NAMED, SHAMED and made to pay back the money into the NHS coffers.

The slag also was granted Ł6,000 worth of free cabs paid for by the Rate Payers because; she "felt anxious" using public transport".

She responded to understandable public criticism by posing for a taxi selfie with the caption: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but tax payers will always fund me."

The Council Official responsible for 'Rubber Stamping' this utter waste of public money should be Named and Shamed and made to repay that Ł6K into the public coffers.

I personally feel that she was granted both the 'Boob Job' Ł5K, AND the 'Free Cab' Ł6K by MEN, and that it had more to do with her EASY SEXUAL AVAILABILITY than any genuine needs. But hey ho - that's cynical old me.

There are dozens of more reasons why this low-life PIG deserves the 'internet hatred' which she invites, welcomes, exploits and makes easy money from, but I can't be arsed typing, so heres a link for anyone who doesn't already share my detestation of her.

She is the embodiment of ALL that is wrong with this fecked up society.

We bring our daughters up to be moral, decent and educated, and we make sacrifices to aid the achievement of such 'worthy' goals, then dirty, ugly, mercenary slags such as this, reap fame and fortune - and actual worship - by crowing about her utter worthlessness.

So - for me - I will detest her all I like.

http://http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity...ersial-moments
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:37 AM #64

I can only speak for myself, but I would gladly say anything which I type on the internet to the faces of those I type about. The exception to this would be terrorists. For obvious reasons.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:02 AM #65
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
I think it's just the fact that what she is doing is offensive to alot of poor women who can't have kids and she just kills them like they're nothing for a nose job.Then she puts it out on social media for us to all discuss.She is bound to get hate and she knows it.I don't think those women who can't have children will 'feel good' at all.I think this will be quite upsetting for them.I think abortions for genuine reasons are fine but for a nose job?really?
She is disgusting and an attention *****.
..yeah, because that's how she gets her income I guess, in doing that, the media will then pay for her story as well...
Old 07-10-2015, 10:09 AM #66
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
If she ever shows up on CBB it will be the end
Undoubtedly she would end up being loved however in a redemption storyline (see Jim Davidson etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And if not, maybe try your hand at being an author for Mills & Boon.
He/him
Mitchell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:35 AM #67
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Undoubtedly she would end up being loved however in a redemption storyline (see Jim Davidson etc)
Oh probably
Old 07-10-2015, 11:20 AM #68

This is what I saw on the documentary; keep in mind that I only watched it because I wanted to get my head round such a scum bag.

Her manager, Rob Cooper wrote most of Josie's tweets, including the tweet about that first abortion, which she adamantly claimed she had no intention of having. He continually manipulated her about her celebrity status and he made her feel important. It was certainly Cooper who knew how to best stir up public reaction and not Josie and Josie appeared to hang off his shirt tails and was happy to go along with all of his suggestions.

She's not very bright but she does work and her children appeared to be healthy, happy little guys, though of course that will change as they get older and take the raff of what their mum has done. There was a real toughness about Josie but there was a hugely vulnerable and somewhat innocent side to her. She got quite emotional about the hate towards her but saw it as a way to earn money and be famous.

If I was going to lynch anyone, it wouldn't be Josie, it would be Rob Cooper who has managed to remain somewhat anonymous whilst fleecing a woman who was gullible enough to get fleeced.

I don't hate Josie, I hate the game.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 07-10-2015 at 11:22 AM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:23 AM #69
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
This is what I saw on the documentary; keep in mind that I only watched it because I wanted to get my head round such a scum bag.

Her manager, Rob Cooper wrote most of Josie's tweets, including the tweet about that first abortion, which she adamantly claimed she had no intention of having. He continually manipulated her about her celebrity status and he made her feel important. It was certainly Cooper who knew how to best stir up public reaction and not Josie and Josie appeared to hang off his shirt tails and was happy to go along with all of his suggestions.

She's not very bright but she does work and her children appeared to be healthy, happy little guys, though of course that will change as they get older and take the raff of what their mum has done. There was a real toughness about Josie but there was a hugely vulnerable and somewhat innocent side to her. She got quite emotional about the hate towards her but saw it as a way to earn money and be famous.

If I was going to lynch anyone, it wouldn't be Josie, it would be Rob Cooper who has managed to remain somewhat anonymous whilst fleecing a woman who was gullible enough to get fleeced.
all sounds pretty believable, it's unfortunate that this new Reality/Social Media era of celebrity has produced all this kind of thing

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:36 AM #70
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..its a tricky one isn't it because she's making an income for her children and doing what she thinks is best for them in that way...and I'm sure she's a good mother but then because children are exposed to internet so young and media etc...they could also quite possibly get bullying etc from others for her public perception and controversy...and have internet 'hate' directed at them also...
Old 07-10-2015, 11:38 AM #71
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..can you remember what it was called or anything/the documentary DR..I might watch it as well..I like to have a 'balance' with stuff ...not that I don't trust the newspapers obviously because they're never slanted.....
Old 07-10-2015, 11:54 AM #72

Quote:
..its a tricky one isn't it because she's making an income for her children and doing what she thinks is best for them in that way...and I'm sure she's a good mother but then because children are exposed to internet so young and media etc...they could also quite possibly get bullying etc from others for her public perception and controversy...and have internet 'hate' directed at them also...
Yeah, but Ammi - Why can't she provide a future for her children by going to work in the traditional manner like millions of ordinary people do? I'm sure that we'd all like a superior and more luxurious and glamorous lifestyle, and I'm sure that bank robbers and burglars can use the same excuse, that they're 'doing it for their kids'.

SHE is the one who set about exploiting the benefits system and manipulating the media long before she even had an agent or PR advisor or whatever and she remains nothing but a low-life tramp in my eyes.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:06 PM #73
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Yeah, but Ammi - Why can't she provide a future for her children by going to work in the traditional manner like millions of ordinary people do? I'm sure that we'd all like a superior and more luxurious and glamorous lifestyle, and I'm sure that bank robbers and burglars can use the same excuse, that they're 'doing it for their kids'.

SHE is the one who set about exploiting the benefits system and manipulating the media long before she even had an agent or PR advisor or whatever and she remains nothing but a low-life tramp in my eyes.
..but she's not breaking any laws though Kirk....well I know obviously benefit fraud in her past but then assuming that's been proven then it's public knowledge so action would have been taken I would think so she deserves to move on from that...the thing is Kirk...(I'm actually not familiar with any of her story/life, which is why also I'd like to see the documentary..)...she could be a 'victim' of her environment and childhood as well and may not have been fortunate in her education...so would find it hard to make the income she does in the ways she does atm.../anyways I'd just like to know more about her is all...
Old 07-10-2015, 12:15 PM #74

Quote:
..but she's not breaking any laws though Kirk....well I know obviously benefit fraud in her past but then assuming that's been proven then it's public knowledge so action would have been taken I would think so she deserves to move on from that...the thing is Kirk...(I'm actually not familiar with any of her story/life, which is why also I'd like to see the documentary..)...she could be a 'victim' of her environment and childhood as well and may not have been fortunate in her education...so would find it hard to make the income she does in the ways she does atm.../anyways I'd just like to know more about her is all...
I'm not getting on to you Ammi - believe me. I just wanted to point out why I feel the way I do about her. I have read up lots about her, and my nephew actually knows her from the past - and I mean knows her.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:15 PM #75

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
..can you remember what it was called or anything/the documentary DR..I might watch it as well..I like to have a 'balance' with stuff ...not that I don't trust the newspapers obviously because they're never slanted.....
You can watch it on 4od

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/j...man-in-britain
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
abortion, cunningham, job, josie, nose