Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:27 AM #26

the tory party of today is no longer a right wing party, but they have only kept the policy of greed, attacking the poor, and giving a raw deal to the working man, but they are a very weak party now, because they tone-down to the pc line, with immigration, which they will never cut, police cuts, that would never of happend even in the tory rule in the 60s, the cuts are useless now because, how can you save, when you are giving your money away to a bank in brussels, they are a puppet party for the eu to pull the strings, many have said that when thatcher was booted out of office, the days of right wing conservatism where gone, there is some truth to that, they will win 2020 but with a hung parliament, because the public are tired of the two party system, with the same old parties sitting in the same two places, this is the reason that there is a huge rise in nationalism in britain, peter hitchens was spot on about the tory and labour parties, thats why he left both, because he saw through their lying crap, and was not going to be a sheep for the party.
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:41 AM #27
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I'm biased so I'm just going to say this vendetta against Corbyn could be flipped and pointed straight back at dave, look at all the things Corbyn wants and if you're against those then you truly are anti Brit.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:01 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I'm biased so I'm just going to say this vendetta against Corbyn could be flipped and pointed straight back at dave, look at all the things Corbyn wants and if you're against those then you truly are anti Brit.

Sure.

I like Corbyn
but until his Nuke button pushing is sorted
he will be removed , sadly.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:03 AM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire View Post
the tory party of today is no longer a right wing party, but they have only kept the policy of greed, attacking the poor, and giving a raw deal to the working man, but they are a very weak party now, because they tone-down to the pc line, with immigration, which they will never cut, police cuts, that would never of happend even in the tory rule in the 60s, the cuts are useless now because, how can you save, when you are giving your money away to a bank in brussels, they are a puppet party for the eu to pull the strings, many have said that when thatcher was booted out of office, the days of right wing conservatism where gone, there is some truth to that, they will win 2020 but with a hung parliament, because the public are tired of the two party system, with the same old parties sitting in the same two places, this is the reason that there is a huge rise in nationalism in britain, peter hitchens was spot on about the tory and labour parties, thats why he left both, because he saw through their lying crap, and was not going to be a sheep for the party.

Yes on the Daily Politics BBC2HD
and on
Ch4HD News

he has sussed alot out
Old 09-10-2015, 09:46 AM #30
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Sure.

I like Corbyn
but until his Nuke button pushing is sorted
he will be removed , sadly.
I do believe as he grows into this 'unexpected' position he finds himself as leader, that he will agree to abide by certain decisions by those at the top of his party.

It really is down to what happens in elections now, local elections, Scottish and Welsh elections particularly next year and then the local ones in 2017 again.

It is odd but I find his 'fumbling' as to being leader and not realising this and that as to the position of leader, finds a kinder tolerance from many voters.
There are people, who will never agree with him, and who will put him down every chance they get, no matter what he said or wanted to achieve.

You are correct however, this debate on the nuclear issue is one that needs sorting and clarifying with compromise as to all aspects of it ,has to be done preferably more quickly.
He would do really well to take on board what many are saying on this issue because as you point out, it could be his downfall if he stays rigid as to it.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:15 AM #31
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
This was sort of touched on in question time last night in a response to Cameron's ridiculous attack on Corbyn as being anti Brit.

Reading back and listening to people in my family and neighbours, the Brits always had a compassionate feel towards those less fortunate, poor and who were sick and also vulnerable.

This PM has instilled in many a selfishness that leaves no room for compassion and for me towards those groupings of citizens, with his persecution of them and demonisation of them,he is the biggest danger to really true Brit values for me, than anything Corbyn may come out with.

Last edited by joeysteele; 09-10-2015 at 12:47 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:27 AM #32
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
This was sort of touched on in question time last night in a response to Cameron's ridiculous attack on Corbyn as being anti Brit.

Reading back and listening to people in my family and neighbours, the Brits always had a compassionate feel towards those less fortunate, poor and who were sick and also vulnerable.

This PM has instilled in many a selfishness that leaves no room for compassion and for me towards those groupings of citizens, with his persecution of them and demonisation of them,he is the biggest danger to really true Brit values for me, than anything Corbyn may come out with.
I 100% agree there, I didn't see it but will watch it tonight Joey. To me that is true Britishness yes, compassion and community. To be perfectly honest the fascistic ideals that are the premise of the 'new tories' are frightening.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:43 AM #33
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:

I didn't see QT, but on your comments on compassionate Britain, it did used to be a compassionate place, but the sea change occurred during Maggie Thatchers time, and Cameron is a product of that changed society. London and particularly the city have always been pretty cut throat environments, and that philosophy has been propagated across the country.

The problem I think is that we always go too far in either direction so we always end up with the polar opposites pulling harder and harder against each other resulting in a situation that no-one is happy with.

Returning to your original point. Cameron really isn't the problem, its an ideology that has been allowed to run for too long unchecked. Corbyn is not the answer to this problem though because he is an extreme polar opposite that is probably on balance potentially more damaging than what we have at present. People are supporting him because they feel society could be better and more inclusive, and they are right, it could be, but not with Corbyn.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:04 AM #34
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I didn't see QT, but on your comments on compassionate Britain, it did used to be a compassionate place, but the sea change occurred during Maggie Thatchers time, and Cameron is a product of that changed society. London and particularly the city have always been pretty cut throat environments, and that philosophy has been propagated across the country.

The problem I think is that we always go too far in either direction so we always end up with the polar opposites pulling harder and harder against each other resulting in a situation that no-one is happy with.

Returning to your original point. Cameron really isn't the problem, its an ideology that has been allowed to run for too long unchecked. Corbyn is not the answer to this problem though because he is an extreme polar opposite that is probably on balance potentially more damaging than what we have at present. People are supporting him because they feel society could be better and more inclusive, and they are right, it could be, but not with Corbyn.
Amen to that!
Old 11-10-2015, 05:51 PM #35
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Cam the Man did a great job!
Johnnyuk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:00 PM #36

Quote:
I do believe as he grows into this 'unexpected' position he finds himself as leader, that he will agree to abide by certain decisions by those at the top of his party.

It really is down to what happens in elections now, local elections, Scottish and Welsh elections particularly next year and then the local ones in 2017 again.

It is odd but I find his 'fumbling' as to being leader and not realising this and that as to the position of leader, finds a kinder tolerance from many voters.
There are people, who will never agree with him, and who will put him down every chance they get, no matter what he said or wanted to achieve.

You are correct however, this debate on the nuclear issue is one that needs sorting and clarifying with compromise as to all aspects of it ,has to be done preferably more quickly.
He would do really well to take on board what many are saying on this issue because as you point out, it could be his downfall if he stays rigid as to it.
Yes "if" he still says as a leader
he will Never push the Nuke button
the Labour Party will remove
him as leader - Utter Fact

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
60%, agree, line, live, pm, red, skynewshd, speech