Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 20-01-2007, 11:01 AM #1

Favourites:
Strictly 2009: Chris & Ola
I'm a Celeb 2009: Gino D'Acampo

Favourites:

Default Jade article

Quote:
Jade: I'm so ****ing scared
20/01/07
Evicted Jade talks EXCLUSIVELY to the Daily Star

BULLY Jade Goody desperately tried to save her own skin after being kicked out of the Celebrity Big Brother house last night, insisting: “I’m no racist.”

She now faces death threats over her bitter attacks on Bollywood babe Shilpa Shetty, which caused a storm among fans.

Jade, 25, shook with fear as she realised her “career” as a reality TV buffoon was well and truly over.

She said: “Oh no, I can’t believe it. This has got out of hand. I’m so ****ing scared now.”

Chatting exclusively to the Daily Star, she insisted: “I’m no racist, though I do understand that some people might have thought my comments were racist. Oh, yeah, completely.

“I didn’t think there was any problem in it, because it wasn’t in my head: ‘I’m gonna say this ’cos that’s a racial comment,’ or ‘I’m gonna say this cause that’s nasty and spiteful.’

“It just came into my head because I didn’t see any wrong in it, because I personally never meant it as a racial comment at all.

“But what I know and what other people don’t know are two different things so, yes, I completely understand. I’ve got coloured people in my family, though. A lot of my friends are black or Asian.”

Jade admitted that, during her final hours in the Channel 4 house, Big Brother had revealed that her abuse of Shilpa, 31, had ruined her own “girl-next-door” image.

In a move that broke all the show’s rules, panicked producers had briefed Jade in the Diary Room that she urgently needed to build bridges with the Indian movie star to save herself – and the show.

Shame-faced Jade emerged from the house to a low-key reception at the studios and a soft session of questions from host Davina McCall, 39, with whom she shares a showbiz agent.

Fears for the safety of the former Queen of Reality TV forced bosses to ban members of the public and the press from the eviction jamboree for the very first time.

Beforehand, Jade was told that unless she appeared genuinely sorry for her attacks on Shilpa, she was finished.

But few watching her performance in the house or on TV last night were convinced.

Especially when the Bermondsey bruiser went on the offensive, pointing out that she and Shilpa had kissed and cuddled on their last night together – a stunt clearly designed to prove “friendship”.

Jade insisted: “Me and Shilpa were bestest friends at the end.”

She even blamed telly bosses for making her look like a bully, telling Davina: “I’ll prove to everyone that I’m not really like that.

“It was the way it was all edited. You only saw the bad bits.”

But her taunting of Shilpa – along with housemates Danielle Lloyd, 23, and Jo O’Meara, 27 – has left the show in crisis.

Complaints to telly watchdog Ofcom have broken all records, now standing at more than 50,000. The show could face the biggest fine ever handed out by the regulator.

And bosses have already paid dearly for her antics.

The show’s £3 million-a-year sponsor, Carphone Warehouse, pulled the plug on Thursday saying it did not want to be associated with attitudes like Jade’s.

Some anti-bullying campaigners have even called for the show to be axed altogether, while effigies of Jade have been burned in India by furious fans of Shilpa.

The row even reached Parliament, forcing Prime Minister Tony Blair, 53, and Chancellor Gordon Brown, 55, to step in and give Shilpa their backing to prevent a diplomatic disaster.

Culture Secretary Tessa Jowell, 59, described Jade’s performance as “racism being presented as entertainment” and former MP Edwina Currie, 60, branded her a “slag”.

Jade herself has already been hit in the pocket, having seen her scent Shh... taken off the shelves of nationwide chain The Perfume Shop.

But she remains unrepentant, claiming she didn’t mind being voted out by viewers last night in a straight fight between herself and Shilpa.

She said: “Look, I didn’t care that I was up for eviction. It just meant that I was one step closer to seeing my kids.

"I didn’t care. The bottom line is I don’t like Shilpa and Shilpa doesn’t like me.”

However, the former dental nurse, who came fourth in Big Brother in 2003, admits that she’s stunned by the worldwide reaction to her bust-ups with Shilpa.

“I can’t believe it,” she said. “How could so many people have got so involved? Blimey, even Blair, the Prime Minister.

“It’s so different than when I was first in Big Brother, because then I didn’t have anything to lose. I don’t wanna go through that crap again. The thing is, I was hated back then but it turned around for some reason.

“But now I’ve not got time to turn it around. I was voted out because people think I’m a racist bitch and I’m not. I’m not at all!

“Race has nothing to do with why I didn’t get on with Shilpa and I can prove it. You’ll see when she comes out of the house.

“I don’t judge people by their nationality or by their skin colour. I just judge them as a person, as what they are. I promise you, sincerely, it was not done in a racial way.

“That is why I’ve said I sincerely apologise to anybody out there that’s an Indian, that may have been offended.

"I’m not racist, I’m very far from racist. I feel that I’ve learned that people are from different lives, different backgrounds and different cultures, and people’s ways of arguing aren’t necessarily right or wrong.

“I just thought when everyone had an argument, they sounded like I did!”

Jade – whose boy-friend Jack Tweed, 19, is still locked inside the house – even
insists that nicknaming her rival “Shilpa Poppadom” was not intended as a
racial slur.

She said: “I did that to explain for Danielle and Jo, who were trying to get her name out.

“Her name is not Shilpa Harry or Shilpa Tweed or Shilpa Mackintosh, she is Indian. So I said she will have an Indian name. No racial anything. That’s not what it was meant to be.

“She is Indian, so I was thinking of an Indian name and the only thing I could think of was Indian food. It was not meant racially at all. It was not meant to offend any Indian out there.

“Shilpa comes from a different life completely, a life where everyone is beneath her, other than her mum and her dad. She doesn’t think anyone would dare argue with her or disagree with her.

“But in there, we didn’t care. If we wanted to have a disagreement with her, we we’re gonna say it. To her, that’s a shock that somebody would want to talk to her like that.

“I wasn’t being a racist, I’m not like that. I was just bringing her down a peg or two, that’s all.

“Showing her that’s she’s no one special. She’s just ordinary, like you and me.”

Jade, Danielle and Jo were all accused of victimising Shilpa in the Celebrity Big Brother house.

However, it was Jade’s rows with the Bollywood star that caused the biggest outcry.

Millions of horrified viewers around the world watched as she laid into Shilpa in a bizarre row over chicken Oxo cubes .

Jade ranted at Shilpa: “You know what you need? Some real life in your life. You’re so stuck up your own a*se you can’t see anything else other than you own ****ing nose.”

“You’re so far up your own arse you can smell your own s***. You’re ****ing ridiculous. You’re a liar and you’re a fake.

“You need a day in the slums. ****ing go in your community and go to all those people who look up to you and be real. You ****ing fake. Go back to the slums and find out what real life is about, lady.”

But Jade wasn’t the only one to lay into Shilpa. In scenes from the house shown on Channel 4 on Monday night, Jo was shown claiming that Indians were thin because they were always ill as a result of under-cooking food.

The girls also moaned that Shilpa had touched their food, with Danielle sneering: “You don’t know where those hands have been.”

But while Jade fights to clear her name from racism allegations, her own mother has been doing little to ease the tension.

Jackiey Budden, who was evicted from the show last week, said yesterday that she wanted to “squeeze Shilpa’s neck until her eyes pop out”.

The outspoken lesbian also raged that “the Indian should have stayed in Bollywood”, because then she would be safe from her fury.

Jackiey, 48, said of Shilpa: “She did my ****ing head in! Ten years ago I would have knocked her out, so she’s lucky I’ve mellowed since then.

“But I would still love to squeeze her neck until her eyes pop out.

Jade refused to be drawn on her mum’s comments, but admitted that going back into the Big Brother house has proved a disaster for her.

And she certainly is not planning to take a holiday in India with her two
children – three-year-old Bobby and Freddy, two.

Jade said: “Shilpa told me that a lot of Indians have heard what I’ve said and that it’s not going to go down well. I’m ****ing scared.”
Sophii3x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 11:04 AM #2

This isnt a exclusive. This is jusy quotes from her Davina Interview and her time in the house.
Arneldo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 11:07 AM #3

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by bb4eva
This isnt a exclusive. This is jusy quotes from her Davina Interview and her time in the house.
Doh I thoguht it was

I'll change the thread title
Old 20-01-2007, 11:10 AM #4

this story will run and run.

we've still got Jo Daniella and Jack to come out and face the firing line yet.. and some of the stuf they said was worse than Ignorant Jades comments.
bonnie43uk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 12:47 PM #5
Banned

Banned

Admin deleted and the troll banned again
Ikilledevery1Isaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 01:05 PM #6

Ikilledevery1Isaw what was the point in that stupid post leave sophie alone she hasnt done anything to you shes allowed to like and dislike whoever she wants to
stacey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 01:43 PM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by Ikilledevery1Isaw
patronising knob-end........
easypeasy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 01:44 PM #8
BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

BB Sees All 👀

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BB19: Brooke

Who was he before
andybigbro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 02:15 PM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by easypeasy
Quote:
Originally posted by Ikilledevery1Isaw
patronising knob-end........
You mean him?
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 03:07 PM #10

why is jackiey making worse for herself and jade what a ******!
tinkerbell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 05:17 PM #11

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by x-stacey-x
Ikilledevery1Isaw what was the point in that stupid post leave sophie alone she hasnt done anything to you shes allowed to like and dislike whoever she wants to
wtf did he say about me

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
article, jade