Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB17 Celebrity Big Brother January 2016 [CBB 17], won by Scotty Timlin, and the housemates here.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:44 AM #26
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
yeah, like his work for the homeless. actions, not words.
Exactly
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:45 AM #27

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Only if you're desperately reaching.

what about the bullying aspect of it all? so much for finding it unacceptable, they practically condoned it!

Last edited by parmnion; 09-01-2016 at 10:50 AM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:01 AM #28

Favourites (more):
BB16: Adjoa
BBUSA17: Vanessa

Favourites (more):
BB16: Adjoa
BBUSA17: Vanessa

I dont see why what Winston said outside the house is relevant to this show? He was annihilated over some previous comment and that wasnt right. Had he said it inside the house, they'd have brought him to the DR, given him a formal warning and told him that type of talk is offensive and not permitted by the rules. He didnt say it in the house, so I dont see why they brought it, only to blow it up into an issue, where they were potentially offending people. I guess they got their storyline but it was ugly how this all went down
cheapbbfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:42 AM #29

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapbbfan View Post
I dont see why what Winston said outside the house is relevant to this show? He was annihilated over some previous comment and that wasnt right. Had he said it inside the house, they'd have brought him to the DR, given him a formal warning and told him that type of talk is offensive and not permitted by the rules. He didnt say it in the house, so I dont see why they brought it, only to blow it up into an issue, where they were potentially offending people. I guess they got their storyline but it was ugly how this all went down

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:14 PM #30

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well said

In a nutshell..the whole premise of big brother is for us to watch and judge how people from differing backgrounds etc interact in a house without outside manipulation.

Last edited by parmnion; 09-01-2016 at 12:14 PM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:15 PM #31

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Even though some of the things he said in both his VT & outside the house disgusts me I can't help feel that it was a stitch-up from start to finish.
Other former HM's such as Jim Davison had some pretty horrific views on certain things yet was never taken to task.
The thing last night when past things came back to "haunt" the HM's was purely designed to humiliate Winston. None of the others had anything like that.
If Emma was so offended by Winston's views then why not challenge him when he was about to enter the house on launch night ?.
If BB insist on putting people in the house with such extreme views then at least treat everybody the same.
He should never been allowed in.
Tarryn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:16 PM #32

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Presenters on the whole are always encouraged to try and remain neutral. This never happens on either BB or BBBOTS ( look at the lambasting some housemates got last year while others were held on pedestals no matter what they did) Up to this point I have never seen Emma interview someone in the manner she interviewed Winston last night. That being said, no matter what happens from now on Winston DID say that gay people adopting a child is like child abuse. This is one of the most foul disgusting things I have ever heard. I am a Christian also and I believe that in a changing world everyone is entitled to find love whether it be with the same sex or the opposite sex.

It was drilled into my brain when I was young that the Church is opposed to homosexual love and that love should ALWAYS be between a man and a woman. One of the MAIN reasons I love our current Pope is that he loves all parts of society and while he knows the teachings of the church he opens his arms and his heart to everyone which as a Christian I believe all the leaders of our church should do. I was sickened by Winstons statement and deeply sorry for the hurt it must have caused all my gay friends and all the gay people in our society who are looking for exactly the same thing as hetrosexuals, love marriage and children. Emma tried her best to make that creep cringe and justify his actions but the Church that he professes to believe in ISNT the one I am part of.
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:23 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarryn View Post
Even though some of the things he said in both his VT & outside the house disgusts me I can't help feel that it was a stitch-up from start to finish.
Other former HM's such as Jim Davison had some pretty horrific views on certain things yet was never taken to task.
The thing last night when past things came back to "haunt" the HM's was purely designed to humiliate Winston. None of the others had anything like that.
If Emma was so offended by Winston's views then why not challenge him when he was about to enter the house on launch night ?.
If BB insist on putting people in the house with such extreme views then at least treat everybody the same.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:25 PM #34
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
Words mean nothing.
Apart from the countless times throughout the years when mere words have had terrible effects on the people they've been aimed at. But I suppose that's their own fault for not having a thick enough skin and nothing to do with the person actually being wildly offensive, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Well I could say I am 'offended' that you blastpheme to get your point across !!!! what should I do ? show anger or ignore it ? how silly is all this faux outrage ,I believe some people are protesting far too much.
I'm sorry but people really need to stop pulling out this "faux outrage" card every single time a debate like this comes up, it's so cliched now. Nobody ever seems to be able to back up how they now the anger isn't genuine.

Not just that but it's actually insulting itself. Why is it hard to believe that gay people and certain others who respect gay people / have gay loved ones could be genuinely offended by things like comparing having same sex parents to child abuse and jokes about gay men being predators?

Last edited by Lostie!; 09-01-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:33 PM #35

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
His VT showed him as homophobic though so he knew - and we knew - that that was always going to be part of his storyline and not something that was 'outside' the house. It's how BB works. Everything that came up in the task was already covered in all the individual VT's. I'm also pretty sure that the celebs are told what they will be asked about in any task that will reveal personal details about them. BB isn't out to ruin anyone's career - they couldn't risk being sued. It is then the celebs responsibility how they respond.
Usually if a celeb is disliked by many over something they have said or done it outside the house it gives them a chance to redeem themselves if they so wish and it has worked for many of them. In Winston's case he didn't explain his position without giving offence to many and the responsibility for that is all his.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:34 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I get that people are outraged Lostie,I think most of us were quite shocked,what I don't get is BB gave him that question,BB knew his views before he entered so WHY did they let him in ? people have been so 'angry' about this since his VT,what is it achieving ? 3 days of none stop outrage,when will, it stop? LOL,he's hated by the people he targeted so I don't see what else can happen.Yes he's a homophobic old fart,does that hurt us? not really.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:41 PM #37
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

This just in: homophobia doesn't hurt a straight woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:43 PM #38
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
I get that people are outraged Lostie,I think most of us were quite shocked,what I don't get is BB gave him that question,BB knew his views before he entered so WHY did they let him in ? people have been so 'angry' about this since his VT,what is it achieving ? 3 days of none stop outrage,when will, it stop? LOL,he's hated by the people he targeted so I don't see what else can happen.Yes he's a homophobic old fart,does that hurt us? not really.
It definitely hurts some people, and understandably so.

Speaking personally, I'm not as offended for myself as I could have been mainly because it's just some guy who I'd never heard of before and who I'm clearly never gonna really look up to in any way. But if someone who I respected or someone I was close to said the same things, I'd be mortified. That said, his words still annoy me because there's no need to make people feel like deviants or second-class citizens because they happen to be gay.

But that doesn't mean I support things like the crowd being their usual bloodthirsty self last night, regardless of what someone's done or said I want to watch the interview and hear what they have to say about it.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:16 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
This just in: homophobia doesn't hurt a straight woman
I take that on board Shaun,it probably is difficult for a straight person to fully understand ,it is something for me to think about.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:18 PM #40
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:43 PM #41

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
My point exactly and the producers keep putting narrow minded idiots in the house for entertainment but then some get their arses kissed and others get evicted and hated
And yes they shouldn't put those people in but they do it all the time
BB is a carcrash and I can't believe it hasn't been axed
The show is to blame for shrowing a ukip member in a house with 2 gay guys and a gay presenter hosting the show
It was soo obvious the producers wanted it to kick off for ratings and its pathetic

It's like deliberately putting in someone who bad mouths disabled folk and then having a an an amputee person also in the house
It's to cause arguments and they like all hell breaking lose
That's why I hate it it's soo conniving and such a calculated plan
Old 09-01-2016, 05:47 PM #42
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well I could say I am 'offended' that you blastpheme to get your point across !!!! what should I do ? show anger or ignore it ? how silly is all this faux outrage ,I believe some people are protesting far too much.
There is no faux outrage. People dislike homophobia. There isnt much to be confused about and im shocked that you are.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:26 AM #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
There is no faux outrage. People dislike homophobia. There isnt much to be confused about and im shocked that you are.
I'm glad you are speaking for everyone.

In a survey posted on here tonight, 31% of the british people were against gay adoption.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:31 AM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post

In a survey posted on here tonight, 31% of the british people were against gay adoption.
That's less than I thought. People are becoming more open minded and educated. Good to see!
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:34 AM #45

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
yeah, like his work for the homeless. actions, not words.
Homeless? Who? Himself? He's helping no one.

Last edited by letmein; 10-01-2016 at 01:35 AM.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:37 AM #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
That's less than I thought. People are becoming more open minded and educated. Good to see!
It is 20 million people.

Winston is not the tiny minority people want us to believe.

By the way 16% were don't knows. So only 53% actually voted in favour.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:35 AM #47
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Hi, the 31% you keep refferring to was taken by a 2013 poll. Can you think of any historically significant things that has happened with the community since then? ****ing loads. You should research this instead.
Find a 2015 poll if you want to throw around numbers because yes obviously a 2013 poll is already out of date.

Your 2013 poll states that 55% of people believe that homsexuals should be able to get married, this has rose to 71% in the two years. It is very safe to presume that gay adoption views have also taken a dramatic rise too. Judging by those numbers, do you believe Winstons (and your own) views have a place in modern Britain. They do not, you are both among the last to move with the times.

I doubt you want to educate yourself, but just in case, these are the current views of europe. http://www.equineteurope.org/IMG/pdf/ebs_437_en.pdf

Last edited by Withano; 10-01-2016 at 08:25 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:41 AM #48
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BBUSA19: Cody

Quote:
What Winston said outside the house is relevant because it's absolutely why he was cast for the show in the first place.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:51 AM #49
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Again with the 'you're not gay why are you offended' crap.

If this is how you expect things to work them nobody here can be offended by animals being slaughtered for fur as we are not animals. Nobody can be offended by racism unless they are of the race being discriminated against...etc etc

The absolute reaching some members are doing in defence of a horrible bigoted old man is shocking - you'll lump the blame on anyone but the man himself.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:54 AM #50

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
It is 20 million people.

Winston is not the tiny minority people want us to believe.

By the way 16% were don't knows. So only 53% actually voted in favour.
Winston, the homophobic idiot is gone and gay people can marry and adopt children, get over it! You're wasting your time.

Last edited by letmein; 10-01-2016 at 07:55 AM.
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hate, mckenzie, vicious, winston