Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB17 Celebrity Big Brother January 2016 [CBB 17], won by Scotty Timlin, and the housemates here.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:39 PM #1

Favourites:
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Favourites:
Default Christina is a witch as well. Christopher's nice attempt surprised me though.

Just as I'm winding down with this episode, hoping that some people in the house will show a nicer side and break from their clique mentality, Christina has to shrug Tiff off as well, in a really curt and abrasive way.

Poor Tiff was so nervous asking if she needed any help, and Christina snarled at her and basically shooed her away.

Adding her name to my cast sh*t list as well.

The only people who have showed any kindness in this episode are Angie, David, Gemma (she's two-faced, but she was trying to help Tiff out), and Christopher.

Also, I had previously written Christopher off, but I thought his gesture tonight towards Tiff, to try and give her a voice, was sweet. Of course, he could have told off the majority, namely John, when they were being so dismissive, but I can understand how it's difficult to bite the hand that feeds you in that house.

*sigh*
This episode has literally stressed me the hell out and made me feel so bloody bad for Tiff.

Last edited by Edna Mode; 12-01-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Edna Mode is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:42 PM #2
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I know she's been a bore most of the time, but Kristina is officially nothing to me now.

I found Christopher to be pleasant with his intentions, but I don't like how he backtracked by saying he was scared to go back and tell her what everyone had said.

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:44 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edna Mode View Post
Just as I'm winding down with this episode, hoping that some people in the house will show a nicer side and break from their clique mentality, Christina has to shrug Tiff off as well, in a really curt and abrasive way.

Poor Tiff was so nervous asking if she needed any help, and Christina snarled at her and basically shooed her away.

The only people who have showed any kindness in this episode are Angie, David, Gemma (she's two-faced, but she was trying to help Tiff out), and Christopher.

Also, I had previously written Christopher off, but I thought his gesture tonight towards Tiff, to try and give her a voice, was sweet. Of course, he could have told off the majority, namely John, when they were being so dismissive, but I can understand how it's difficult to bite the hand that feeds you in that house.

*sigh*
This episode has literally stressed me the hell out and made me feel so bloody bad for Tiff.
Christopher wasn't so sweet when he claimed Tiff wanted to address the other housemates when it was actually his idea....it made her look worse and then he didn't have the balls to go out and tell her their reaction because the twat made it look like her idea...

Last edited by rusticgal; 12-01-2016 at 11:45 PM.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:45 PM #4
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

how did she get more votes than Ice Queen Nancy again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:46 PM #5

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Christopher wasn't so sweet when he claimed Tiff wanted to address the other housemates hen it was actually his idea....it made her look worse and then he didn't have the balls to go out and tell her their reaction because the twat made it look like her idea...
Oh, I guess you're right.
Though, I don't think he was doing it with bad intention. I think he was trying to make it sound like Tiff took the initiative, though in the process, he (probably unintentionally) made it sound like she was being pushy.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:50 PM #6
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

I thought Christopher was being nice too but I think the reality was he was stirring and trying to get a confrontation to happen. He completely lied about what was said and his part in encouraging Tiffany to apologize.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:51 PM #7
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
how did she get more votes than Ice Queen Nancy again?
(Buy) Fame (by David Bowie on iTunes)

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 12:10 AM #8

Favourites (more):
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB17: Evelyn

Nancy was nice too. She gave her a cuddle.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 12:20 AM #9

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:

*sigh*
I am sorry its very hard to feel sorry for Tiff. She created a mammoth scene with the weeping and screaming and shouting, she lied about what Angie told her saying that ANGIE said DAVID GUEST had died of cancer and when she found out the REAL TRUTH she said something like she was not going to apologise or sympathise with the old bitch.

I DO agree about Kristina though. She is a hard faced ugly stuck up woman whom I have never liked and will never like. She probably thinks that because she is pregnant she can lie around all day now with a sulky look on her face. I also think Angie DID make a mistake in even SAYING anything to Tiff OF ALL PEOPLE. And when she DID she should have made it clear it was David Bowie she was talking bout. A highly charged episode that I had to drink three glasses of wine to get over lol
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 12:23 AM #10

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
I am sorry its very hard to feel sorry for Tiff. She created a mammoth scene with the weeping and screaming and shouting, she lied about what Angie told her saying that ANGIE said DAVID GUEST had died of cancer and when she found out the REAL TRUTH she said something like she was not going to apologise or sympathise with the old bitch.

I DO agree about Kristina though. She is a hard faced ugly stuck up woman whom I have never liked and will never like. She probably thinks that because she is pregnant she can lie around all day now with a sulky look on her face. I also think Angie DID make a mistake in even SAYING anything to Tiff OF ALL PEOPLE. And when she DID she should have made it clear it was David Bowie she was talking bout. A highly charged episode that I had to drink three glasses of wine to get over lol
If a woman comes up to you in tears, and says "David died," and the only David that's on the top of your head, that is in a close proximity, that you're on a first name basis with (alas, Tiffany and Bowie obviously didn't know each other)--and that David also happens to be SICK--you would've thought the same thing.

Actually, this same incident happened to my ex. Long story.
But, basically, what I understand from it is, when you see someone in a state of grief, your mind doesn't think logically.
You can't blame Tiff for misunderstanding, you especially can't blame her for weeping. She thought something happened to David G.

Kristina, I agree though, is a nasty piece of work.

Last edited by Edna Mode; 13-01-2016 at 12:24 AM.
Old 13-01-2016, 12:36 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If a woman comes up to you in tears, and says "David died," and the only David that's on the top of your head, that is in a close proximity, that you're on a first name basis with (alas, Tiffany and Bowie obviously didn't know each other)--and that David also happens to be SICK--you would've thought the same thing.
Yes, of course. It was just a misunderstanding. But as soon as she found out it was Angie's ex husband she should have offered her condolences straight away and given her a hug or something. That would have diffused the situation. Instead she goes off on an almighty strop and said she wasn't going to sympathize with 'the bitch'. That's just mean.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 12:48 AM #12
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Yes, of course. It was just a misunderstanding. But as soon as she found out it was Angie's ex husband she should have offered her condolences straight away and given her a hug or something. That would have diffused the situation. Instead she goes off on an almighty strop and said she wasn't going to sympathize with 'the bitch'. That's just mean.
She realised the error of her ways and tried to make amends and Angie forgave her, Kristina and John acted like arseholes just because they're a pair of bullying twats, nevermind the fact that it's John's fault that Tiffany went completely psycho in the first place through his manipulations.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 12:49 AM #13

You forgot to mention Nancy, who I think was the first one to approach Tiffany and give her a hug when nobody else was talking to her.

I can see how Tiffany got confused with the names. It's an understandable mistake.

But I can also see Riona's point that even after the misunderstanding had been cleared up, and when Tiffany knew that it was Angie's ex husband who had died, her first reaction was not "ok maybe there was a mix up of the names", she just remained adamant that Angie had said David "Gest" - even if she did mishear and really believed Angie had said that, she didn't think "Angie is in shock and said the wrong name" or "maybe I misheard her" she just kept on and on throwing a huge tantrum and stayed angry with Angie saying "I'm not apologising to that old bitch" even though she KNEW by then that she had got it wrong, and she knew that Angie was in grief.

The first mistake is no problem, just a misunderstanding, but the way she dealt with it afterwards when everything had been cleared up was completely out of order imo and I'm glad she apologised to Angie for it.

The other housemates probably did get involved far too much though by asking her to leave and stuff, which I still don't understand why they did that or why they said they didn't feel safe and felt threatened.
Pink Pegasus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 02:08 AM #14

I am wondering what would Christine best bits would look like?
fitz2k2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 02:32 AM #15

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz2k2 View Post
I am wondering what would Christine best bits would look like?
Her holding up her "nothing" card.
Old 13-01-2016, 02:42 AM #16
got dat coffee sh*tz

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Trisha Paytas
got dat coffee sh*tz

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Trisha Paytas

I just don't understand what she was all about saying she didn't want to be in the same room as Tiffany :/

She was the first one to start saying it and it really pissed me off.

coffee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 04:07 AM #17

Gemma seems to play both sides. First she and John (gone off him in a big way) give 'a ganged up glare' in Tiffany's own words, then Gemma is trying to comfort her. I would call Gemma a chameleon, except chameleons are rather cute.
jennyjuniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 04:14 AM #18

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2018: Jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee View Post
I just don't understand what she was all about saying she didn't want to be in the same room as Tiffany :/

She was the first one to start saying it and it really pissed me off.
Didn't she also say she would be afraid to be in the same room as her? I mean, gimme a break.
Spoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 04:37 AM #19
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
..yeah she should but there seems to be something that we're missing here...why were they all saying that they felt threatened by her..?...if her reaction lacked respect then there seems to be a lot of lack of respect going on and not least by BB itself to show what it did with things not explained..I know it's BB and it's about editing for drama/clashes etc but this is a completely extraordinary situation of the outside world/someone's death having to be brought into the house and BB have decided to show reactions and what they showed I thought was in extremely bad taste..(for their viewing figures I presume..)..and the most disrespectful part of it all...

...there really does seems to be something missing here ...yes 'as soon as'..as soon as she found out the mistake..?...but by that time, it seemed the whole house had took a stand against her...(and they had realised the mistake as well..)...but she had become the devil to them, she had to go, she had to be removed, she was feeling that as well and I think it's because of that, because of how she was feeling confused at being this wicked woman that was unredeemable, that her condolences didn't come earlier...she seems like a 'fighter', a very defensive person..so she comes out of her corner blazing when she feels attacked and unjustifiably attacked and I think that was very much what she was feeling/and in complete confusion herself...(she had also had a huge shock, genuinely thinking David G was dead...)...what would have diffused the situation (of two people who were compete emotional wrecks at the time but reacting differently because we can't help how we react to such extremes as this was..)...was the group, but they were awful..I mean really awful...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 01:32 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

We have to remember that most of the HM's had had a terrible shock as well in those moments when they thought Gest was dead. Their blood must have run cold. So they blamed Tiffany for screeching it out the way she did instead of staying with Angie until she (Tiffany) had calmed down a bit and asked Angie for clarification. I mean, what a way to break news of his death if he had really died. So I think they were still shaky after that and blaming Tiff for it and then Tiffany's reaction to Angie with not giving her condolences and calling her a bitch etc didn't help.
If Tiffany had just said immediately 'Oh God, I misunderstood, I'm so sorry Angie for your loss' the HM's wouldn't have gotten so hostile against her. I still don't get why she didn't, wouldn't that have been the natural thing to do?
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 01:35 PM #21
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
We have to remember that most of the HM's had had a terrible shock as well in those moments when they thought Gest was dead. Their blood must have run cold. So they blamed Tiffany for screeching it out the way she did instead of staying with Angie until she (Tiffany) had calmed down a bit and asked Angie for clarification. I mean, what a way to break news of his death if he had really died. So I think they were still shaky after that and blaming Tiff for it and then Tiffany's reaction to Angie with not giving her condolences and calling her a bitch etc didn't help.
If Tiffany had just said immediately 'Oh God, I misunderstood, I'm so sorry Angie for your loss' the HM's wouldn't have gotten so hostile against her. I still don't get why she didn't, wouldn't that have been the natural thing to do?
People react to shock different, it's pretty involuntary I think

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 01:49 PM #22

Quote:

I think she was still riled up thinking angie was playing her, didn't get that it just happened....and then she had the entire house braying in her ear, I get why she was fighting back....in the end they worked it out.
wendywillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-01-2016, 10:21 PM #23

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
They would've reacted in the same way, but just not as directly. They would've done it behind closed doors and acted fake.
Old 13-01-2016, 10:39 PM #24

When Angie talked of David she just assumed in her head that Tiff knew she meant David Bowie. Tiff only thought 'David' meant David Gest. Angie was so distraught she never thought of correcting her thoughts...she couldn't handle the reaction.
Tiff...having realised the mistake then had to deal with the vile response of other housemates who couldn't empathise with her mis interpretation and went into defence mode hence her 'lie' about Angie saying David Gest, cos that was what was in her head as to whom she could only have been referring to.
Human reaction to shocking news and each of them thinking that the other knew who they were talking about...
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-01-2016, 06:03 AM #25
and all that's in between

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
and all that's in between

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I thought Christina was pretty horrible as well and I have a very different opinion of her now compared to a few days ago.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attempt, christina, christopher, nice, surprised, witch