Notices

CBB17 Celebrity Big Brother January 2016 [CBB 17], won by Scotty Timlin, and the housemates here.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:04 PM #1

Default What the fook is wrong with Darren Day?

He was in that house for four weeks and did fook all except look at people and...agree.

Then he did something very dangerous, like slightly disagreeing. Before agreeing again.

You can argue till the cows come home whether Darren is good looking or not; or agree with me he's just an average 47 year old bloke with a 22 year old's hairstyle.

But one thing is for sure: Darren desperately needs a personality transplant. I've never seen anyone so dreary and boring as he is.

Maybe that's why he drank and took drugs, because he's like a blank sheet of paper without them. And I actually feel sorry for his wife. Unless she is as boring as he is, it must be a nightmare living with what is essentially a tailor's dummy.

Even while speaking to Emma during his Final interview, Darren was about as animated as a 10,000 year old mummy. I was urging him to crack a joke but he looked just as embalmed as he has done for the past month. Jeez.

If it were up to me, he'd have come LAST, not third.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:28 PM #2
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I didn't see anything wrong with him at all, he was admittedly a lot quieter than the rest but did nothing that was false or offensive in any way,in my view.
I actually admire that in someone,that when all are losing their heads around you, you keep yours,that he did.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:31 PM #3
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Me and my Brother was doing Machine noises when Darren was having his eviction interview last night as he speaks in that really boring, monotone way.

However I don't agree with how BB was trying to lead the public into feeling like his the "dull one" let the public decide for themselves and not tell them who to find boring, it's the same stuff I attack IAC and TXF for so I hope that BB doesn't join them in doing this new tactic.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:44 PM #4
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
He was in that house for four weeks and did fook all except look at people and...agree.

Then he did something very dangerous, like slightly disagreeing. Before agreeing again.

You can argue till the cows come home whether Darren is good looking or not; or agree with me he's just an average 47 year old bloke with a 22 year old's hairstyle.

But one thing is for sure: Darren desperately needs a personality transplant. I've never seen anyone so dreary and boring as he is.

Maybe that's why he drank and took drugs, because he's like a blank sheet of paper without them. And I actually feel sorry for his wife. Unless she is as boring as he is, it must be a nightmare living with what is essentially a tailor's dummy.

Even while speaking to Emma during his Final interview, Darren was about as animated as a 10,000 year old mummy. I was urging him to crack a joke but he looked just as embalmed as he has done for the past month. Jeez.

My sister watched the live shows and some of the episodes with me and last night she literally pointed her finger at darren and she said who is he, when did he enter?
Old 06-02-2016, 04:45 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:

Great post, nice and funny.

I disagree though, for me all the more animated hm are just a load of wannabee reality stars wanting more work like tiffany who has made a carear out of it..

There os absolutely nothing wrong with the way darren is, looked to me like a genuine nice guy who likes a bit peace and quiet.

Think back and you will find that most of the drama was accompanied by a drink in the perpetrators hand, which imo makes them fake as ****.

His hair? Well not much you can do with short brittle hair but make it a bit funky, at least it was his though and not some ex stuff thats been hanging out from a horses arse covered in fleas and ****.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:01 PM #6
You know my methods

You know my methods

angst is how i would describe him
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:13 PM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I didn't see anything wrong with him at all, he was admittedly a lot quieter than the rest but did nothing that was false or offensive in any way,in my view.
I actually admire that in someone,that when all are losing their heads around you, you keep yours,that he did.
Agree Joey...

I wish he had been a little more opinionated....but he had Tiffany to deal with who made things pretty uncomfortable for him in there, bearing in mind his intention was to change public perception of him. He obviously isn't one for drama and just wanted to get along. He did make opinions on things but was quick to apologise if it offended someone rather than turn it into a drama.

I liked him and was delighted he came 3rd.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:37 PM #8

Quote:

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:49 PM #9
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

I liked him in the end Gusto I liked the way he refused to prostitute himself for airtime and as someone else said all the drama generally happened when the alcohol came out
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:51 PM #10

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Renee Graziano
IAC2016: Joel Dommet

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Renee Graziano
IAC2016: Joel Dommet

I had never heard of him. I thought it was Gordon Ramsay
mooo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:59 PM #11

Darren is just a normal nice guy and that's exactly what he was in the house. He didn't feel the need to be fake like Tiffany and Gemma and that's what happens, not much drama occurs..

Darren seems like a decent charming guy, Tiffany certainly fell for him so to say he needs a 'personality transplant' is a bit of a stretch...
ScottyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 11:23 AM #12

He's just totally bereft of any personality.

Nice guy but he really should give his fee back to Channel 5. Or at least donate it to charity. The only decent thing to do.

You've heard the expression 'like watching paint dry.'

I say don't insult the paint!
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 11:44 AM #13

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Benedict

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Benedict

I think Darren's mood might be medicated.

Drugs, sex and alcohol while rapidly falling in and out of love are often ways of self medicating. Average bloke to his voters I guess.

The unhidden Darren is probably as messy as Steph

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
darren, day, fook, wrong