Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:28 PM #26
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Which is more stupid though LT, pretending to be a homeless ex army soldier to get a few quid from passers by or leaving three babies alone in an unlocked apartment at night so you can go eating and drinking with friends?
The first one as the second one would need a child snatcher to work
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:28 PM #27
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Yeah! Stupidity and inbreeding and soft touch nanny state rarrrmmblermmble benefits scum and whatnot Adidas trainers I tell you and in my day he'd have gotten a loaf of stale bread and sent to the trenches grumble.
Whats so wrong with him trying to finding work instead of stealing from people?
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:29 PM #28
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
The first one as the second one would need a child snatcher to work
What do you mean to work? I never mentioned anything about the child being snatched

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:34 PM #29
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
What do you mean to work? I never mentioned anything about the child being snatched
in your scenario

the maccanns did something that they now regret, they and the other people thought it was ok at the time - it turned out to be a mistake in that specific situation

Take away the man or woman who snatched the child and there is no danger.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:34 PM #30
-

-

Quote:
Which is more stupid though LT, pretending to be a homeless ex army soldier to get a few quid from passers by or leaving three babies alone in an unlocked apartment at night so you can go eating and drinking with friends?
Obviously the former because those parents didn't steal thousands of pounds of taxpayers' money!!!

........They stole millions, so they are obviously smarter
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:44 PM #31
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Turns out he hadn't even fired a gun at anyone at all! What a scum sucking benefits ***** sh*tbag.
Quote:
Shhhhhh. You're not supposed to think about this rationally. He's just SCUM . Born to scum parents in a scummy house, no doubt, eating pot noodles and mice and bugs, and never taught about proper behaviour in order to become less scummy and have a job and stuff.
Quote:
Yeah! Stupidity and inbreeding and soft touch nanny state rarrrmmblermmble benefits scum and whatnot Adidas trainers I tell you and in my day he'd have gotten a loaf of stale bread and sent to the trenches grumble.
Almost spat my drink out at these this place reads like the Mail Online at times
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:49 PM #32
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Almost spat my drink out at these this place reads like the Mail Online at times
Except the only one who mentioned benefits etc was TS
Old 02-03-2016, 03:52 PM #33
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

And this was fraud...but apparently that is okay if you are down on your luck, turn this around and the same guy had a job, the comments would be the same..sorry :
Old 02-03-2016, 03:55 PM #34
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Except the only one who mentioned benefits etc was TS
Nah, it's miscellaneous mainstream media class-division propaganda stuff. The fact that it doesn't specifically mention benefits is irrelevant; the article's intent is the same. Masturbation material for the teeth-gnashing, mouth-frothing sheeple crowd.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:57 PM #35
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Nah, it's miscellaneous mainstream media class-division propaganda stuff. The fact that it doesn't specifically mention benefits is irrelevant; the article's intent is the same. Masturbation material for the teeth-gnashing, mouth-frothing sheeple crowd.
So you are saying the story is fiction?
Old 02-03-2016, 04:01 PM #36
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
TS have you been watching George Galloway videos on you tube again?

Old 02-03-2016, 04:02 PM #37
-

-

Quote:
So you are saying the story is fiction?
I'm saying that true or not, it only makes mainstream news at all because people get kicks out of feeling "outraged" by / laughing at "benefits scum". And with a "Our Boys" military angle, too? Chav media gold dust.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:04 PM #38
0_o

0_o

what a dick

In an ideal world, this kind of thing couldn't happen as everyone would know that an ex-para/vet/whatever would not be left in that situation to begin with.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:38 PM #39
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm saying that true or not, it only makes mainstream news at all because people get kicks out of feeling "outraged" by / laughing at "benefits scum". And with a "Our Boys" military angle, too? Chav media gold dust.
Are you not outraged at someone defrauding the public while impersonating an ex officer..? would you be upset if your grandma gave him a fiver from her pension? Would you rather it wasn't reported but swept under the carpet and we went aw bless he has twins and is on bennies leave him alone, I don't really get your point, he should be absolved because he is poor?
Old 02-03-2016, 09:25 PM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
I see loads of genuine homeless people and never seen them beg like that
So if you see them begging you just think 'scammer' ?
Old 02-03-2016, 09:31 PM #41
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Are you not outraged at someone defrauding the public while impersonating an ex officer..? would you be upset if your grandma gave him a fiver from her pension? Would you rather it wasn't reported but swept under the carpet and we went aw bless he has twins and is on bennies leave him alone, I don't really get your point, he should be absolved because he is poor?
Bumping this as I would like an answer :
Old 02-03-2016, 09:38 PM #42

The man was clearly fraudulent and he deserved to be named and shamed. The problem with headlines like that though is, it ensures the genuinely destitute will be looked on with suspicion.

I agree with the person who said, never give a begging person (at least one you don't know) money. Give them food, give them socks, give them a coffee or tea or offer to make a phone call to get them the right help, but don't give them money. If they refuse your offering, the chances are, they aren't genuine.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:44 PM #43
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
The man was clearly fraudulent and he deserved to be named and shamed. The problem with headlines like that though is, it ensures the genuinely destitute will be looked on with suspicion.

That's a shame but that's this guys fault not the reporting and I think most people understand that his story doesn't apply across the board.

I agree with the person who said, never give a begging person (at least one you don't know) money. Give them food, give them socks, give them a coffee or tea or offer to make a phone call to get them the right help, but don't give them money. If they refuse your offering, the chances are, they aren't genuine.

That's fine but some homeless people want money for their addictions...alcohol or cigs etc so refusing food doesn't make them scammers
Old 02-03-2016, 09:48 PM #44

Quote:
That's fine but some homeless people want money for their addictions...alcohol or cigs etc so refusing food doesn't make them scammers
It does if they are asking me for money for food which they usually do, at least in my neck of London. They don't just put their hand out and say nothing; they usually have a bit of cardboard with a message on it.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:50 PM #45
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
It does if they are asking me for money for food which they usually do, at least in my neck of London. They don't just put their hand out and say nothing; they usually have a bit of cardboard with a message on it.
Obviously if they are asking for food, but some ask for change so they can get some cans

Last edited by Cherie; 02-03-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:12 AM #46
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...this seems a bit of an odd one, I mean who gave the story to the DM with this.../someone surely must have contacted them because it would seem pretty much like a local story to me/a local 'scam', specific to this person...I'm not saying it's a 'one off' because there may be similar but this isn't reporting 'in the interests of/public information'/type thing of a huge con going around nationally of homeless people saying they are ex-military when they're not....in the courts it was said that this man did such extensive research that he convinced a former sergeant of the Grenadier Guards so obviously quite thorough in his intentions and yes, as well as his conviction probably should be named and shamed but surely a naming and shaming in the local media to his area would be the thing....'be careful of this man if he asks you for money'...so was it the former sergeant that contacted the DM because he had invested so much into him on a personal level....hmmmm, I'm not quite sure about this if I'm honest, if that were the case..if it was him, is he saying that he only helped a homeless person because they were ex military, well I guess that's his choice and what he did was very honourable in a way by setting up a facebook thing and giving this man's story to the local press etc but was it all done with the full consent of and together with 'the scammer', I'll call him for want of another word or did he just do it on his own, without any knowledge from that person because I don't think that's right either and he would then have to take a large responsibility himself of how much he was taken in/believed in etc...of all people, he's fully aware of charities and ways to help ex military....so is he just saying now, uggghh I resent him/that's so wrong because ex military is really something that is a real low...well I would agree with that, the same as I would agree that conning and falsely garnering sympathies for anything is a real low but I also think that most people are fully aware that when they give anything to anyone, there is an element of trust and belief that is their choice...giving money/giving clothing etc or anything you give is obviously a gift...a gift once given to someone else is then a loss of control or having any say in how it's spent, whether it bee food on the table/a warm coat or a luxury item..it's just not for him to say because that money no longer belonged to him once given and it was given in a belief of, so the lesson there for me would be to go through the charities that you fully know are ok and not invest too much in one person because even if it had been a genuine ex military, then his personal story would have been one of many similar personal and equally deserving stories, so it's just the better way....hmmmmm, if it was me and my grandma..(I don't have a grandma but I'll equate it to some of the older ladies I know who are on state pensions...)...I guess I would just say, well if you felt that you could get by without that £5 or whatever that week, that you would stretch and manage because of this one person you felt needed more..and you survived it etc, then a lesson learned and your heart was well intentioned so no lasting harm done...and if you do have that odd £5 every week or every two or three weeks etc and you really want to think about how it could help someone else, then let's do a bit of research together here and see the best way to go.....maybe I'm being a bit harsh here, but time is short so it's an initial thought/type thing..../one of the main things being that it would be interesting as to how the DM got this story....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:56 AM #47

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Of course there was danger, two two year olds and a 3 year old alone in an unlocked apartment and there's no danger wtf? lol Roads + Cars + Unlocked Doors + 3 year olds = Disaster for one thing, also the McCanns (apparently) were the only ones stupid enough to leave the door unlocked btw
eff off to the mcanns thread
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:49 AM #48
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
eff off to the mcanns thread
yeah sorry, I'll move some posts, got a bit side tracked there

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:23 AM #49
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post

...this seems a bit of an odd one, I mean who gave the story to the DM with this.../someone surely must have contacted them because it would seem pretty much like a local story to me/a local 'scam', specific to this person...I'm not saying it's a 'one off' because there may be similar but this isn't reporting 'in the interests of/public information'/type thing of a huge con going around nationally of homeless people saying they are ex-military when they're not....in the courts it was said that this man did such extensive research that he convinced a former sergeant of the Grenadier Guards so obviously quite thorough in his intentions and yes, as well as his conviction probably should be named and shamed but surely a naming and shaming in the local media to his area would be the thing....'be careful of this man if he asks you for money'...so was it the former sergeant that contacted the DM because he had invested so much into him on a personal level....hmmmm, I'm not quite sure about this if I'm honest, if that were the case..if it was him, is he saying that he only helped a homeless person because they were ex military, well I guess that's his choice and what he did was very honourable in a way by setting up a facebook thing and giving this man's story to the local press etc but was it all done with the full consent of and together with 'the scammer', I'll call him for want of another word or did he just do it on his own, without any knowledge from that person because I don't think that's right either and he would then have to take a large responsibility himself of how much he was taken in/believed in etc...of all people, he's fully aware of charities and ways to help ex military....so is he just saying now, uggghh I resent him/that's so wrong because ex military is really something that is a real low...well I would agree with that, the same as I would agree that conning and falsely garnering sympathies for anything is a real low but I also think that most people are fully aware that when they give anything to anyone, there is an element of trust and belief that is their choice...giving money/giving clothing etc or anything you give is obviously a gift...a gift once given to someone else is then a loss of control or having any say in how it's spent, whether it bee food on the table/a warm coat or a luxury item..it's just not for him to say because that money no longer belonged to him once given and it was given in a belief of, so the lesson there for me would be to go through the charities that you fully know are ok and not invest too much in one person because even if it had been a genuine ex military, then his personal story would have been one of many similar personal and equally deserving stories, so it's just the better way....hmmmmm, if it was me and my grandma..(I don't have a grandma but I'll equate it to some of the older ladies I know who are on state pensions...)...I guess I would just say, well if you felt that you could get by without that £5 or whatever that week, that you would stretch and manage because of this one person you felt needed more..and you survived it etc, then a lesson learned and your heart was well intentioned so no lasting harm done...and if you do have that odd £5 every week or every two or three weeks etc and you really want to think about how it could help someone else, then let's do a bit of research together here and see the best way to go.....maybe I'm being a bit harsh here, but time is short so it's an initial thought/type thing..../one of the main things being that it would be interesting as to how the DM got this story....
The nationals regularly pick up stories from local media, local journalists contact the nationals if they feel a story will have national appeal, are you saying they shouldn't report any stories (or just report on the heart warming ones,) and just report those of national interest? or it may have been the guy who helped him which in fairness is a pretty human response to out someone who has conned you, maybe he should have dealt with it differently but we are not privy to the conversations between the two so it is harsh to judge him on his actions.

Last edited by Cherie; 03-03-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:33 AM #50

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
The nationals regularly pick up stories from local media, local journalists contact the nationals if they feel a story will have national appeal, are you saying they shouldn't report any stories (or just report on the heart warming ones, and stories appealing for bone marrow or similar) and just report those of national interest? or it may have been the guy who helped him which in fairness is a pretty human response to out someone who has conned you, maybe he should have dealt with it differently but we are not privy to the conversations between the two so it is harsh to judge him on his actions.
Yes, and as well as this, there seems to be a bit more interest in these stories by the media.
It was on Loose women yesterday, a different case, a man making an average of £500 a week, claiming he was homeless.
Homeless charities suggest we don't dip our hands in our pickets for them on the street, most homeless people don't beg..and most beggars aren't homeless. As was quoted on the show, not my opinion at all as I don't know.
I prefer to give to the charities direct, they will try and help people long term rather than a couple of quid, for beers, drugs or whatever it is they are begging for.
Less chance of being scammed and more chance of helping the genuine people that need it.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
benefitsclaiming, conned, expara, father, homeless, posing, public, twins