Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:11 PM #26
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Untrue Farage is in the thick of the EU on a day to day basis, he is EXACTLY the guy who we should be listening too
It would be extremely foolish to listen to any of them, in my opinion. They have agendas that they don't share, therefore their words are skewed in ways that can't be put into context.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:12 PM #27
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Forgot he should've given all of them a home, silly me.
That's not what I was saying, as you know...
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:17 PM #28
User banned

User banned

Farage was great though.

Last edited by the truth; 10-06-2016 at 01:20 PM.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:37 PM #29
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Nigel Farage is the only person of high profile I will give the time of day too as to the exiting of the EU.
This has been his sole aim for ages to get a referendum and then see the UK out of the EU,I admire his commitment to that even though I disagree with him totally.

I would listen to him any day of the week over the totally false Boris Johnson, a man with little or no real conviction, not to be believed or trusted other than as to his own personal ambition.
An ambition that leads him to hold no continuity of promises or thinking,not caring one jot as to whose toes he treads on in his way,either by direct or indirect backstabbing.

I actually also admire Izzard for his charity efforts,and again although he was at times over the top,he made very valid points and contributed to this being a really lively programme.
Easy to criticise him and put him down for what he does charity wise,and the way he goes on it,however that is how he is and I for one applaud his charity efforts and although I wish he could calm down a little, what he says I find I agree with him most of the time.

Last edited by joeysteele; 10-06-2016 at 02:07 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:11 PM #30
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Nigel Farage is the only person of high profile I will give the time of day too as to the exiting of the EU.
This has been his sole aim for ages to get a referendum and then see the UK out of the EU,I admire his commitment to that even though I disagree with him totally.

I would listen to him any day of the week over the totally false Boris Johnson, a man with little or no real conviction, not to be believed or trusted other than as to his own personal ambition.
An ambition that leads him to hold no continuity of promises or thinking,not caring one jot as to whose toes he treads on in his way,either by direct or indirect backstabbing.

I actually also admire Izzard for his charity efforts,and again although he was at times over the top,he made very valid points and contributed to this being a really lively programme.
Easy to criticise him and put him down for what he does charity wise,and the way he goes on it,however that is how he is and I for one applaud his charity efforts and although I wish he could calm down a little, what he says I find I agree with him most of the time.
Youre mistaking the message for the messenger, a juvenile and profound mistake.

The left is wholly responsible for this disaster, illegal wars, silencing public servants, burying bad news like 20,000 children abused in rotherham and endless nhs abuses....they have in effect tried to take away civil liberties and free speech. shouting down anyone who even questions them as racists or sexist. Theyre militant bullying , erosion of liberties, bankrupting of our nation, covering up of the massive civil service corruption and killing a million innocent iraqis really should have given them some humility. they will have the next 50 years to reflect on what a dreadful treasonous party they have become
Old 10-06-2016, 03:32 PM #31
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
Youre mistaking the message for the messenger, a juvenile and profound mistake.

The left is wholly responsible for this disaster, illegal wars, silencing public servants, burying bad news like 20,000 children abused in rotherham and endless nhs abuses....they have in effect tried to take away civil liberties and free speech. shouting down anyone who even questions them as racists or sexist. Theyre militant bullying , erosion of liberties, bankrupting of our nation, covering up of the massive civil service corruption and killing a million innocent iraqis really should have given them some humility. they will have the next 50 years to reflect on what a dreadful treasonous party they have become
Oh give it a rest with the getting at those on the left nonsense with respect, there are enough on here who get at the left already.

I cannot debate with you, you are never reasoned enough to do so, and that is really sad as I enjoy talking to people of differing opinions, when they talk with respect and not just digs most of the time.

Honestly, how you get away with it is beyond me, as none of what you list above, on your yet again taking every thread into derailment almost, has anything to do with the EU and definitely nothing at all to do with Eddie Izzard.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:58 PM #32
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Awful excuse for a human being.Never been a fan.
Bit extreme... A humanitarian philanthropic comedian...what a bastard!
Old 11-06-2016, 12:06 AM #33
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

p.s. the truth, "the left" isn't a party, but I suppose we're all just secret Blairites ain't we

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:19 AM #34
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
p.s. the truth, "the left" isn't a party, but I suppose we're all just secret Blairites ain't we
Well said,

Getting at the left on here is almost a sport now.
I was once considered right wing as to my politics, I sure am glad I walked away from that seeing the hardline attitudes here from a few at times and even much moreso off here, far happier I am now for sure.

You are right however, the left is not a party so when people get at the left generally, they are getting at everyone on the left of politics,the general public, voters and also even other members who are of the left of politics.
Especially when they don't qualify it with the words 'some' rather than the generalisation of 'those on the left' or 'the left'.

How the left in any event can be blamed for the EU or anything as to it is beyond all reason.
For the 43 years we have been tied to Europe through the Common Market and then the EU,there has been over 24 years of Conservative led govt in that time.
Both times as to change as to the UK going into Europe, the UK first going in and the formation of the EU too, done when Conservative govts were solely in power.

If there are real grumbles at the EU that are in any way genuine how they,or the right avoid getting some of the blame too,when they have presided over 24 years of our time in it,shows the irrationality of claims made 'only' against the left by some on here.

Last edited by joeysteele; 11-06-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:12 PM #35
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Oh give it a rest with the getting at those on the left nonsense with respect, there are enough on here who get at the left already.

I cannot debate with you, you are never reasoned enough to do so, and that is really sad as I enjoy talking to people of differing opinions, when they talk with respect and not just digs most of the time.

Honestly, how you get away with it is beyond me, as none of what you list above, on your yet again taking every thread into derailment almost, has anything to do with the EU and definitely nothing at all to do with Eddie Izzard.
lol the endless personal attacks from you simply undermine you and prove you have lost the debate again
Old 11-06-2016, 02:13 PM #36
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Well said,

Getting at the left on here is almost a sport now.
I was once considered right wing as to my politics, I sure am glad I walked away from that seeing the hardline attitudes here from a few at times and even much moreso off here, far happier I am now for sure.

You are right however, the left is not a party so when people get at the left generally, they are getting at everyone on the left of politics,the general public, voters and also even other members who are of the left of politics.
Especially when they don't qualify it with the words 'some' rather than the generalisation of 'those on the left' or 'the left'.

How the left in any event can be blamed for the EU or anything as to it is beyond all reason.
For the 43 years we have been tied to Europe through the Common Market and then the EU,there has been over 24 years of Conservative led govt in that time.
Both times as to change as to the UK going into Europe, the UK first going in and the formation of the EU too, done when Conservative govts were solely in power.

If there are real grumbles at the EU that are in any way genuine how they,or the right avoid getting some of the blame too,when they have presided over 24 years of our time in it,shows the irrationality of claims made 'only' against the left by some on here.
new labour signed the constitution lol ....new labour blew up the middle east which created this mass immigration refugeee crisis. new labour bankrupted britain lol. and you dont see any of these issues as relevant or interconnected lol. typical new labour tbh
Old 11-06-2016, 03:27 PM #37

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Just managed to watch this.One thing i will say about Izzard.He was a great asset to the leave campaign.I think Farage hired him to go on as his secret weapon.

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 11-06-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 04:13 PM #38
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
lol the endless personal attacks from you simply undermine you and prove you have lost the debate again
I wasn't arguing I was stating a fact and I'd further happily and unhesitatingly add you are one of the worst offenders on here as to the generalisation against all on the left,including members on here.

As I also said, how you keep getting away with it and derailing threads taking them way off topic is beyond me.

If you attack me and what I stand for,I have the right to respond, even though it is a total waste of my time.

Last edited by joeysteele; 11-06-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:16 PM #39
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):

It's no secret that I'm much more politically alligned to Izzard than Farage, but they really did make a tit of themselves.. needs to learn to shut up

(gender-neutral phrases bc im not sure what 'their' pronoun is, ive read different things about tht)

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:32 PM #40
Banned

Banned

This thread is basically a game of 'spot the brexit supporter who is going through the five stages of grief over their impending loss'.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:05 PM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
It's no secret that I'm much more politically alligned to Izzard than Farage, but they really did make a tit of themselves.. needs to learn to shut up

(gender-neutral phrases bc im not sure what 'their' pronoun is, ive read different things about tht)
I hope that you are not including Farage in your descriptor; 'They', Josh, because he is one of the most civil and polite politicians there is.

Interrupting others, talking over others out of turn, and not allowing others to respond to a question directed to them during a discussion program, are the most utilised tactics of two distinct types of ignoramus:

1. The ignorant who have no manners.

2. The ignorant who need to hide the fact that they have no GENUINE knowledge of the subject under discussion.

I'm afraid that the unfunny Eddie Izzard qualifies as both types.

There is nothing wrong with celebrities - or any other type of 'non-professional' politician being on the panel of any discussion program, but those responsible for drawing up the panel guest lists should at least ascertain that the names they are inviting to appear are at least intelligent and knowledgeable about the subjects up for discussion, or failing that, are capable of being witty and injecting light relief into the program.

TIzzard does not qualify on either count.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:09 PM #42
iconic

Favourites (more):
iconic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I hope that you are not including Farage in your descriptor; 'They', Josh, because he is one of the most civil and polite politicians there is.

Interrupting others, talking over others out of turn, and not allowing others to respond to a question directed to them during a discussion program, are the most utilised tactics of two distinct types of ignoramus:

1. The ignorant who have no manners.

2. The ignorant who need to hide the fact that they have no GENUINE knowledge of the subject under discussion.

I'm afraid that the unfunny Eddie Izzard qualifies as both types.

There is nothing wrong with celebrities - or any other type of 'non-professional' politician being on the panel of any discussion program, but those responsible for drawing up the panel guest lists should at least ascertain that the names they are inviting to appear are at least intelligent and knowledgeable about the subjects up for discussion, or failing that, are capable of being witty and injecting light relief into the program.

TIzzard does not qualify on either count.
'They' was aimed at Eddie. Although Farage could shut up with his views on migrants in general tbh

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:19 PM #43
You know my methods

You know my methods

oh and he looked like a total div as well. what a plank.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:54 PM #44

there is a reason why so many celebs are pro eu, well it makes their bank balance better, because if the eu told them to pay bigger tax percentage, their tune would be the other way,
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:00 PM #45
-

-

To be fair Kirk, I have a LOT of arsehole punters who are sticklers for "manners".
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:11 PM #46
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Watched it, loving Eddies nod to prince. He was right Farage is an immigrant against immigration, funny how they are the most vocal on immigration those who themselves are second or third generation immigrants.
How rude was the man shouting 'shut up' they really need to teach the audience some manners, or vet them better... sounded like a right 'chav' :/
Old 12-06-2016, 12:03 AM #47

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I never understand why people say Farage is against immigration.He's never said that

He like a large percentage of (non racist)people in this country just wants to be able to control the numbers we take in.It is highly irresponsible to not be able to control your own borders as a country.Every government has a huge problem being able to build enough houses for the existing population of this country.Why would we want to make that problem alot bigger than it already is?
Not many people are against immigrants they just want to take back control of the amount.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:12 AM #48

last week the lefties, are trying to make him say sorry over his comments, about refugee males sexually assaulting women and girls, and he has the right to bring this up, because are country having an open door border, will put the female population of all ages at risk, in the paper today, a 14 year old girl, was sexually assaulted by 4 syrian men in a park, and the more we let in, the more it will spark the fire for race riots all over the country, it will make the 2011 riots look like a pub brawl, that's what he is trying to say,
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:57 AM #49
Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Starf⭐cker

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

He was a disgrace, so out of his depth and behaved like a petulant child. A national embarrassment - and also a liar:

"No, no, no, I didn't say join the Euro"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/1736151.stm
_Tom_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:25 AM #50
User banned

User banned

so hes a liar as well as a sanctimonious hypocrticial nauseating arrogant deluded twat

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
eddie, izzard, made, question, time, total, twat