Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 19-06-2016, 10:24 PM #76
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
So basically you want him to express how he is going to change the world? While those in power just carry on dismantling what it has taken the blood sweat and tears of hundreds of thousands to build... yeah it's not going to happen, that's not spineless it's just fact.
ah the old straw man argument, totally misrepresenting everything I just said and putting false words in my mouth, shame on you
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2016, 10:52 PM #77
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
So basically you want him to express how he is going to change the world? While those in power just carry on dismantling what it has taken the blood sweat and tears of hundreds of thousands to build... yeah it's not going to happen, that's not spineless it's just fact.
I have stopped most things EU referendum related,campaigning,leafleting, after the horrific events of Thursday last week.

I do have to say however, I am disappointed a little with Corbyn really myself, he has just not got behind the 'remain' campaign enough for me and a great number of Labour activists and MPs do feel he would be probably be just as happy if the UK voted to leave the EU.

However I also accept with any leadership comes responsibility too and often your own principles and feelings have to be set aside when leading a party.
Few leaders and PMs got all their own way once in place as leader or PM.

However Corbyn did today and has over the weeks, said much of how he would like the EU reformed.
More workers rights, better pay and conditions in the poorer EU Nations.
He believes that secured in the poorer EU Nations would greatly assist as to the movement of EU citizens.
More in the way of a social Europe with more social democracy
He was really honest this morning in saying little can be done as to EU immigration while there is free movement.
So he presented the above as part of the solution as to that.
Make the conditions better in the poorer EU Nations and then less will likely want to come to the UK from those Countries.

However Corbyn aside, I really think the 'leave' side will be disappointed even if we leave, as I really believe whoever it is negotiating for the UK, will in the end still accept the free movement of EU citizens anyway to get the best of deals possible with the EU.

I do really hope Corbyn is better prepared for his evening with young voters this week on the EU, and that hopefully he will clarify more as to how he would set out to get the changes he wants in Europe too.

I do also however agree with 'the truth' in that to me too, it does appear that Corbyn would far more prefer to be able to be much more critical of the EU than he is being.
He is definitely uncomfortable in this role of having to be a leading part of the'remain' campaign.

Last edited by joeysteele; 19-06-2016 at 10:54 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
eddie, izzard, made, question, time, total, twat