Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:28 PM #51
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
Ahh i see my mistake.

Obviously I meant ROI fans

And Shaun, dw we're well used to losing, that's probably why we're so laid back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:21 PM #52
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It's not uniquely English, but it's certainly not true that it plagues "every team's support" to the same extent. England has a significant problem with both football hooliganism AND many "normal" non-violent fans nonetheless being disrespectful of host countries / cities, and anyhone who denies that is firmly burying their head in the sand .

What is true, though, and very sad, is that there do seem to be a lot of people who have done nothing wrong at all caught in the crossfire of these violent alteractions - and those people are the most likely to end up getting hurt.
Its a deep rooted problem unique to english culture. anyone who has ever been to the med or around europe on holiday will testify to the appalling behaviour of gangs of englishmen....it simply doesnt happen with our nationalities, the scots welsh and irish simply sing together, the rest keep themselves to themselves. its bizarre , is it something to do with the fall of empire or what?
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:27 PM #53
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Please. Because those Old Firm games are so peaceful and friendly. And the likes of Cardiff and Wrexham don't have any violence amongst their fans at all.

I remember in the 2012 Euros seeing England and Sweden fans singing Wonderwall together a few hours before we played them. Yes there's been big problems with hooliganism in English football in the last thirty years but its nowhere near as bad now as it used to be. These days you will get much worse violence in Eastern Europe and even in places like Italy I would say its worse. And to argue that its a much worse problem in England than the other home nations is bollocks. Its just because we are a bigger nation with a more successful domestic league and a more successful national team that it has always been a bigger issue.

Last edited by MTVN; 12-06-2016 at 09:27 PM.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:36 PM #54
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Please. Because those Old Firm games are so peaceful and friendly. And the likes of Cardiff and Wrexham don't have any violence amongst their fans at all.

I remember in the 2012 Euros seeing England and Sweden fans singing Wonderwall together a few hours before we played them. Yes there's been big problems with hooliganism in English football in the last thirty years but its nowhere near as bad now as it used to be. These days you will get much worse violence in Eastern Europe and even in places like Italy I would say its worse. And to argue that its a much worse problem in England than the other home nations is bollocks. Its just because we are a bigger nation with a more successful domestic league and a more successful national team that it has always been a bigger issue.
That's just yet more evidence of their crimes: Everyone knows that Oasis wrote the soundtrack to English hooliganism. They go together like rama-lamma-lamma-ka-dinga-da-dinga-dong.

In all seriousness MTVN: The English have a bad reputation abroad completely outwith football... are we really rewriting all of this because of a bit of butthurt?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:42 PM #55
User banned

User banned

Quote:

its the truth but you cant handle the truth you are an apologist of english football hooligans. england should be kicked out with russia , theyve both had a final warning from eufa
Old 12-06-2016, 09:42 PM #56
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's just yet more evidence of their crimes: Everyone knows that Oasis wrote the soundtrack to English hooliganism. They go together like rama-lamma-lamma-ka-dinga-da-dinga-dong.

In all seriousness MTVN: The English have a bad reputation abroad completely outwith football... are we really rewriting all of this because of a bit of butthurt?
Brits have a bad reputation. Its always convenient for the plucky Scots and Welsh to make out that they're distinct from the drunken English idiots and not associated with it but its rubbish really. I'm afraid you as Scotsman are just as implicated as I am. If people think its more of an English problem again I would say thats because of England being a bigger nation and because of how a lot of people wrongly conflate the UK with England.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:45 PM #57
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
its the truth but you cant handle the truth you are an apologist of english football hooligans. england should be kicked out with russia , theyve both had a final warning from eufa
Nonsense, I would say this more applies to you

Old 12-06-2016, 09:51 PM #58
-

-

Quote:
Brits have a bad reputation. Its always convenient for the plucky Scots and Welsh to make out that they're distinct from the drunken English idiots and not associated with it but its rubbish really. I'm afraid you as Scotsman are just as implicated as I am. If people think its more of an English problem again I would say thats because of England being a bigger nation and because of how a lot of people wrongly conflate the UK with England.
Globally maybe, within Europe (and actually France, especially) there is a definite distinction, to the extent that French people will express feeling sorry for the Scots, being "stuck with the English". I'm genuinely not saying it to be offensive... my wife is English ... I just prefer accuracy and am not inclined to shy away from it for fear of hurting feelybobbers.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 12-06-2016 at 09:52 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:55 PM #59
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

It's a sad state of affairs I was hoping that foozebal would help heal the cracks in the EU and the wider world, it's not going to happen is it?
Old 12-06-2016, 09:59 PM #60

I saw what Rangers fans did to Manchester in 2008 ..... There are hooligans from all nations
Old 12-06-2016, 09:59 PM #61
User banned

User banned

Quote:
they are seperate thank goodness. in europe you have to have a scottish or welsh flag to get treated with respect, theres infinitely more hate for the english because of how so many idiotic english men behave
Old 12-06-2016, 10:00 PM #62
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
I saw what Rangers fans did to Manchester in 2008 ..... There are hooligans from all nations
way more from england
Old 12-06-2016, 10:07 PM #63
Sod orf

Sod orf

Just jealous because England have the best football hooligans in the World, always have had.

We know how to muck in when it comes to a scrap.

Last edited by Alf; 12-06-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:08 PM #64
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Globally maybe, within Europe (and actually France, especially) there is a definite distinction, to the extent that French people will express feeling sorry for the Scots, being "stuck with the English". I'm genuinely not saying it to be offensive... my wife is English ... I just prefer accuracy and am not inclined to shy away from it for fear of hurting feelybobbers.
Well this stuff is always anecdotal so I'm not sure how accurate it is really. I've never felt prejudiced against around Europe for being English or that I'm missing out on a lot of pally moments with the French. Might sound butthurt but it does often feel like the other home nations see themselves as a more enlightened breed and take solace in being distanced from the knuckle-dragging English when really we're not that different at all. Its not like Scotland and Wales are immune from the things that have caused our bad reputation abroad. Scotland in particular has plenty of its own problems with alcohol, football hooliganism and sectarianism.

Last edited by MTVN; 12-06-2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:10 PM #65
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
they are seperate thank goodness. in europe you have to have a scottish or welsh flag to get treated with respect, theres infinitely more hate for the english because of how so many idiotic english men behave
They get a pat on the head because a Welsh or Scottish flag is only seen at the Euros about once every twenty years
Old 12-06-2016, 10:26 PM #66
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

Quote:
They get a pat on the head because a Welsh or Scottish flag is only seen at the Euros about once every twenty years
Even at the time when hooligans were the norm in football, there was never any problems between Scottish fans and the country they were playing against. It has nothing to do with how often they attend, its a simple fact that people don't see Scottish people as a violent threat, they do see English fans as a threat, and not without reason either.

Last edited by bitontheslide; 12-06-2016 at 10:27 PM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:30 PM #67
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

But Ireland still have the best fans in the world

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:31 PM #68
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Even at the time when hooligans were the norm in football, there was never any problems between Scottish fans and the country they were playing against. It has nothing to do with how often they attend, its a simple fact that people don't see Scottish people as a violent threat, they do see English fans as a threat, and not without reason either.
There's always been problems with violence in Scottish domestic football though. I'm not arguing that English football has never had a big problem with hooliganism - that would obviously be stupid. The problems with English football violence are very well known and documented. But its not like 'Welsh fans are awesome, English fans lots of bigots' is a resonable point from which to start this discussion.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:41 PM #69
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I don't profess to know a lot about football but coming from Leeds our fans don't have the best rep as far as I know and the Leeds model of fan is replicated across England, can the same be said of Welsh cities?
Old 12-06-2016, 11:10 PM #70
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
But Ireland still have the best fans in the world

Don't talk rhubarb.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 12:11 AM #71
User banned

User banned

Quote:
There's always been problems with violence in Scottish domestic football though. I'm not arguing that English football has never had a big problem with hooliganism - that would obviously be stupid. The problems with English football violence are very well known and documented. But its not like 'Welsh fans are awesome, English fans lots of bigots' is a resonable point from which to start this discussion.
I didnt say that so youre misreprenting my words in a rather dishonest way, pretty much the straw mans argument....the majority of wesh national football fans are great and you rarely if ever get problems, the problems of viokence and hooliganism is massively worse within english supporters. the welsh had 24000 and as usual no problems at all. overaall and in general they are better behaved fans less prone to hooliganism. the english and russians should be kicked out
Old 13-06-2016, 09:00 AM #72
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I didnt say that so youre misreprenting my words in a rather dishonest way, pretty much the straw mans argument....the majority of wesh national football fans are great and you rarely if ever get problems, the problems of viokence and hooliganism is massively worse within english supporters. the welsh had 24000 and as usual no problems at all. overaall and in general they are better behaved fans less prone to hooliganism. the english and russians should be kicked out
That's literally the title of your thread (albeit without the question mark)
Old 13-06-2016, 09:15 AM #73
You know my methods

You know my methods

96% of known and convicted english hooligans who were asked to hand in passports prior to the tournament did

0% of Russians did

I doubt any English firms are actually there, iv seen none. Just pissed up lads throwing the odd chair in retaliation
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 01:43 PM #74

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2016/06/1...ns-keep-it-up/

Quote:
HomeEuro 2016Russian Football Union official tells violent fans: keep it up!
Russian Football Union official tells violent fans: keep it up! AFP June 13, 2016 Euro 2016, Russia No Comments

Moscow (AFP) – A senior Russian Football Union official and ultra-nationalist politician said Monday that the country’s fans were right to fight England supporters at Euro 2016.

Igor Lebedev, who sits on the RFU executive committee and is also a deputy speaker in parliament, said on Twitter: “I don’t see anything wrong with fans fighting.”

“Quite the opposite, the guys did well. Keep it up!” said Lebedev, a member of the ultra-nationalist Liberal Democratic Party of Russia headed by his father Vladimir Zhirinovsky.

He said the violence was “not the fans’ fault”. Lebedev blamed French police’s “inability to organise such events.”

Lebedev also claimed in a separate interview with Life.ru tabloid website that Russians were provoked by England supporters and suggested Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko would have enjoyed joining in the clashes.

“I personally think that if Mutko was with the fans on the stands and not an official, he would also go and fight the English fans since they were the ones who started it,” Lebedev said.

Mutko has said Russian hooligans are “disgracing the country” ahead of its 2018 hosting of the World Cup.

Lebedev’s comments came as Russia faces the threat of disqualification from Euro 2016 and a British fan remained in a critical condition after fights in Marseille during and after the England-Russia match on Saturday.

The RFU on Sunday urged fans to behave properly to avoid UEFA sanctions against the national side. UEFA has said Russia and England could face disqualification if there is further fan violence.

Lebedev criticised officials and politicians for “branding our fans,” however. “We need to defend them: they’ll come home and then we’ll work out what happened.”

A Moscow city lawmaker, Maxim Motin, told Dozhd television on Sunday that he witnessed the stadium violence in Marseille and “Russian fans did not do anything criminal or outside the limits.”

Last edited by Niamh.; 13-06-2016 at 03:15 PM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 03:14 PM #75
User banned

User banned

Quote:
That's literally the title of your thread (albeit without the question mark)
no its not. english fans have lots of yobs. just a fact.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
awesome, bigots, english, fans, lots, welsh